Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) (12004 Views)

Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter / 14 Most Bizarre Medical Conditions On Earth...warning GRAPHIC / 2 Year Old Indian Girl Born With Four Legs And Four Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by uppa(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2012
Please help save Oke's legs and life[
Oke

His name is Okeoghene John Igwhiwotho, an ex-student of Federal Government College. He's a diabetic mellitus type 1 and 2 patient and has been bedridden for the past six years, after losing all the toes on both feet, due to injuries he sustained many years ago. Sadly, this has prevented him from completing his university education (he dropped out from OAU). At the moment, his life is at stake and he is in need of surgery urgently.

He was supposed to have the surgery in January 2012, but he has not been able to, because of his inability to raise funds. Oke needs 5million Naira for treatment in India...and needs your help. He can be reached through the phone number, 08063255842. Banke details - Ighiwoto Okeoghene John (0012913007 - GTB). Ighiwoto Okeoghene John (2054468076 - UBA).

Continue to see what happened to his feet. Warning: Graphic content...

NOTE: The leg is not this big. click Here to see other pics

Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by agiboma(f): 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2012
omg, i will see what i can do, g-d help this poor young man
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by MissyB3(f): 11:29pm On Mar 18, 2012
I'd already wrote : ''Is it possible for you to add '' (Warning: graphic content) to the thread title? Please?'' before I realized there's a warning below your post.
Could you, please, include that warning in the title? It's too graphic for us not to be warned.
I still haven't been able to view the photos clearly, I had to scroll down the page as quickly as possible.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 19, 2012
I think NL charity should send someone to verify before anybody should donate.
We don't want somebody jumping on someones misfortune to make quick bucks, this one that the OP is already giving out Acct number.

Meanwhile, a really sad case.
I will contribute if the NL charity takes this up.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by agiboma(f): 6:40am On Mar 19, 2012
Can someone from NL charity look into this matter please, and advise us accordingly.

Thanks
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by Natasha2(f): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2012
Jesus shocked shocked shocked
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by Natasha2(f): 8:38am On Mar 19, 2012
I really wish I could do something, this guy needs help urgently,I can't even begin to imagine what he's going through.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by slimyem: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2012
saw this scary and heart-breaking piece yesterday and all i can say is..Damn!
God help and and help touch peopl's heart so they can reach out to him one way or another.
Smh!
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by ifyalways(f): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2012
Good gracious God!
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by r231(m): 10:29am On Mar 19, 2012
On behalf of tehn, our mission is to reach out to people in need, we will send a field worker to verify this story tomorrow and report back ASAP. This however does not mean we are organising a fund raising or would collect funds on his behalf.we would only confirm the story and if true, people that wants to help can donate to his account directly.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by AreaFada2: 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
chaircover: I am not speaking on behalf of the NL charity but these are my own personal comments.

From the little medical knowledge that I have, sadly its unlikely that these legs can be saved and they will need to be amputated. In which case I doubt that he needs to go to India for that, although he will need a prosthesis and maybe that is why they want to go to India.

It is very sad because, this could have probably been prevented had he received good medical treatment from the onset.

I have seen poor lads story on other blogs, Linda Ikeji etc so I dont know what the general plans are, how much has been raised so far, who is collating the funds etc etc

Very sad. No doubt our Nigerian health system has a long way to go sad

@Chaircover,

Spot on Chair-woman. Too late to save the feet now. Most likely Type 1 diabetes wasn't diagnosed on time. It is otherwise an eminently controlable disease. Symptoms are usually obvious, though rarer than type 2, even teenagers can develop type 1. I have seen a 10 year old & 13-year old girl develop it. The type 2 probably came as type 1 was not controlled (if at all the type 2 was well-diagnosed). BUT for the amputated stumps to heal properly, he will need very good treatment. Diabetes foot care by a podiatrist is extremely important to prevent disability. And of course neurologist and maybe a vascular surgeon to monitor things. These are not rocket science. I see naijas doing it here in diaspora with admirable aplomb.

WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT ACTUALLY DOING? They can't even provide diabetes care??
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by agiboma(f): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2012
Yes! This could have most likely been avoided, with proper foot care as a diabetic, probably started with a little cut and since poorly managed diabetis can hinder the nerves and sense of pain is often lost in the extremities the young man probably got a cut on his feet and never knew it, since he could not feel the pain from the wound. IF got infected and one thing led to another causing the damage. His legs may be able to be saved, i have seen so much worse and they got good help in Canada but India i am not sure of their medical expertise.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by uppa(m): 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2012
r231: On behalf of tehn, our mission is to reach out to people in need, we will send a field worker to verify this story tomorrow and report back ASAP. This however does not mean we are organising a fund raising or would collect funds on his behalf.we would only confirm the story and if true, people that wants to help can donate to his account directly.

thanks so much...if you need the address i can be of help in providing it
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by r231(m): 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2012
As promised, Ify went out to verify this case today, see report below -

Good day,

I went to confirm the guy's story and below is my report:

Query:
Which hospital treats you?

Answer:
Me-cure hospital oshodi.

Query:
Is that a govt or private hospital?

Answer:
Its a sort of private with alliance in India.

Query:
Would you or have you ever considered a nigerian doctor?get treated here?

Answer:
No.

Query:
Not even if you get a cheaper but better option here?

Answer:
No, my mind is already in India.

Query:
You posted the story at nld yourself?

Answer:
No and I don't know who did.

Query:
Are both account numbers yours?no middleman?

Answer:
Yes.

Query:
What happened, the legs look much better than what was posted online?

Answer:
I don't know, didn't see the picture online.

Query:
How much have you raised so far?

Answer: about 900K

I made him understand we aint raising money for him but rather confirming the story.

I didn't see no huge sore, just a bandaged ankle. He uses clutches though.

Pictures are bad and blurred. Room was dark

Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2012
I'd like Ify or whoever saw him to reach me.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by ifyalways(f): 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2012
^Why please?The boy's contact is up there.Besides i cant PM you either as im not a mod.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2012
Ify, akwa gi amaka kiss kiss kiss
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by ifyalways(f): 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2012
Dalu,asa.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by blacksta(m): 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
Excellent work - So where did they get the original picture
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by blacksta(m): 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
From the #saveoke twitter feed - I understand about 2 Million naira has been raised so far.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by ifyalways(f): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2012
@Blacksta that remains a mystery i guess,the legs i mean.

My guesses are :
The first set of pictures/legs belongs to someone else.
The legs were photoshopped.
He already has been treated.

When i got to there house,i was shocked to learn he was not in.I was wondering how he could go out despite the fact that i told him when i was coming and also i assumed cos of the size of the sore that he couldn't walk.Long story short,dude came,walks almost perfectly and even had a shoe,a trainers specifically on.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by begwong: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2012
blacksta: From the #saveoke twitter feed - I understand about 2 Million naira has been raised so far.
There is still need for clarifications here:
1.The pictures posted online differs from that physically seen by Ify.
2.The patient when asked by Ify how much he has raised claimed a range of 900k while 'his' twitter page is saying around 2Million.
Which ones we go believe now??
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by begwong: 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
Good job by the NL charity team.
I think this issue should be thrown into the thrash.It's filled with so much deceit&tricks that doesnt deserve any help.My personal opinion though!
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by papagiddy(m): 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
This is a small thing for God to do.pls run fast to TB Joshua, and u will come back here to give testimony,i tell u!!
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by blacksta(m): 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2012
ifyalways: @Blacksta that remains a mystery i guess,the legs i mean.

My guesses are :
The first set of pictures/legs belongs to someone else.
The legs were photoshopped.
He already has been treated.

When i got to there house,i was shocked to learn he was not in.I was wondering how he could go out despite the fact that i told him when i was coming and also i assumed cos of the size of the sore that he couldn't walk.Long story short,dude came,walks almost perfectly and even had a shoe,a trainers specifically on.

Ify you are the best - I am going to hold back giving until we get more clarity. if that is the case it looks like information on twitter is incorrect , which i believe amounts to fraud.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by andyanders: 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
Please, take him to Synagogue Church of All Nations and Jesus Christ will have him healed through His son Senior Prophet T.B.Joshua.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by 3kay945(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
why is the picture poster much differs to the guy's leg?
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by 3kay945(m): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
r231: As promised, Ify went out to verify this case today, see report below -

Good day,

I went to confirm the guy's story and below is my report:

Query:
Which hospital treats you?

Answer:
Me-cure hospital oshodi.

Query:
Is that a govt or private hospital?

Answer:
Its a sort of private with alliance in India.

Query:
Would you or have you ever considered a nigerian doctor?get treated here?

Answer:
No.

Query:
Not even if you get a cheaper but better option here?

Answer:
No, my mind is already in India.

Query:
You posted the story at nld yourself?

Answer:
No and I don't know who did.

Query:
Are both account numbers yours?no middleman?

Answer:
Yes.

Query:
What happened, the legs look much better than what was posted online?

Answer:
I don't know, didn't see the picture online.

Query:
How much have you raised so far?

Answer: about 900K

I made him understand we aint raising money for him but rather confirming the story.

I didn't see no huge sore, just a bandaged ankle. He uses clutches though.

Pictures are bad and blurred. Room was dark
pls. is the dude you met the same with the first picture posted?.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by Okijajuju1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2012
MAtters arising;

1. What exactly is he going to India for. That is what procedure would he be undergoing.

2. Why has he blatantly refused a Nigerian Doctor?! I could answer this question somewhat but I would like to know why he has refused treatment from Nigerian Doctors in Nigeria. His reason would help know if he deserves my NIGERIAN NAIRA for treatment abroad.

3. What is the history of his ailment, and treatment recieved thus far.
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by 1forall: 3:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
begwong: Good job by the NL charity team.
I think this issue should be thrown into the thrash.It's filled with so much deceit&tricks that doesnt deserve any help.My personal opinion though!

Such cynicism!
The story spread through lidaikeji's blog, other blogs and peoples twitter accts but the guy himself is not on twitter.
The bank accounts belong to him; at least the GTB, confirmed this when I made a donation through GT online as made sure it was his name that came up before I hit 'submit' wink
We are a skeptical people which is understandable but if you want to speak to him to be sure you can reach him on 0806 325 5842 (got it from twitter so don't ask me if it doesn't go thru)
If we had a functional health system all these story would not even be necessary. SMH for nigeria angry
Re: Please Help Save Oke's Legs And Life (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT..........) by blacksta(m): 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2012
1forall:

Such cynicism!
The story spread through lidaikeji's blog, other blogs and peoples twitter accts but the guy himself is not on twitter.
The bank accounts belong to him; at least the GTB, confirmed this when I made a donation through GT online as made sure it was his name that came up before I hit 'submit' wink
We are a skeptical people which is understandable but if you want to speak to him to be sure you can reach him on 0806 325 5842 (got it from twitter so don't ask me if it doesn't go thru)
If we had a functional health system all these story would not even be necessary. SMH for nigeria angry

Easy abeg

With so much scams coming out of Nigeria, one has to be cautious , would you not worry that case has been made to look like a life threating thing whilst it is not. According to Ify's report Oke was actually mobile which completely differs from the original pics

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hospital Equipment For Sale At Reduced Price In Nigeria(place Your Orders HERE) / Coronavirus: NCDC Says FG To Site Isolation Centres In FCT, 7 States / Women After Abortion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.