Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December (4634 Views)

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / Dangote To Supply 24-hour Power To Lagos / “Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Beaf: 6:18am On Mar 19, 2012
[size=14pt]Amaechi: how Rivers ‘ll achieve 24-hour power supply by December[/size]
By Our Reporter 4 hours 44 minutes ago

Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi yesterday explained how his administration intends to provide uninterrupted 24-hour power supply in Port Harcourt and the entire state from December.

Amaechi spoke at the second Dissecting The Amaechi Administration Media Briefing Series at the Government House, Port Harcourt. He was represented by the Commissioner for Power, Augustine Nwokocha.

Nwokocha said N30billion has been set aside for the project.

Nwokocha said what the Rivers State Government is doing to get 24-hour power supply this year is “to generate enough capacity, have a robust transmission infrastructure that will take the power to the people, to their neighourhood and then have a very solid distribution infrastructure that will take it to their routes, and so we are addressing these three things – Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution”.

He said: “And unlike the previous system where they were all given to one person, here we have a total of 10 outfits doing different things to ensure that we deliver on time”.

Nwokocha went on: “So, what we have done differently is that we have divided this work into smaller units that are deliverable, faster and better. We have also focused on getting the quality of men that can deliver this work and deliver them well.

“We have got Saipan Nigeria Limited to build a power substation. We have Weltech doing a medium voltage substation. We have selected people in that category, people who we believe can deliver based on their track record”.

The Power Commissioner said the state is “currently pursing the transmission aspect of our power project.”

According to Nwokocha, Amaechi’s administration has formed a committee of technocrats to deliver power to Rivers people, saying a reliable vendor has been found for power distribution.

“We have identified a very veritable vendor with very reliable technology in distribution and transmission, Sunder Electrical of France and we have entered a contract with the company to supply us all the materials that are required to stabilise power supply in the city of Port Harcourt and its environs”, he said.

“We have also given out contracts to build substations that will reduce the length of our feeders that sometimes stretch as far as 40 or 50 kilometres through all manner of places. So, we are creating substations that will impact shorter span of the city with the capacity to back feed if a substation has problem, from another one. So, that we will have reliable power supply”, he said.

He also added that contracts for the acquisition of all parts and components of power substations have been awarded.

“Currently, the contract for the acquisition of the parts and components required for this exercise have been awarded. The contract for those who will do the implementation, the construction proper has been awarded, some of them in clusters of three substations, five contractors. We didn’t want to repeat the mistakes of the past where one person was doing generation, transmission and distribution. So, we have seven contractors doing the distribution substations each handling only three and then we have a contractor trying to remedy the lapses that are in the transmission backbone, and you have another contractor handling strictly generation”.

He said the model adopted by the Amaechi administration in power has delivered some results.

He also disclosed that currently the state power projects is generating 466 megawatts with an additional 150 megawatts coming from PHCH. He said this capacity will increase to over 700 megawatts by the time the Phase 2 of the State Afam power project is completed next year.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/40272-amaechi%3A-how-rivers-%E2%80%98ll-achieve-24-hour-power-supply-by-december.html
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 19, 2012
hopefully amaechi is not as full as sheet as beafs beloved fg. remember the lies about an extra xxxxMW from shiroro in december?

abeg do , then talk
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Beaf: 6:22am On Mar 19, 2012
oyb: hopefully amaechi is not as full as sheet as beafs beloved fg. remember the lies about an extra xxxxMW from shiroro in december?

abeg do , then talk

Looks like you've been smoking wee-wee this early morning. You sound drugged, bruv.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Abujabir24: 9:31am On Mar 19, 2012
I live in phc and my area has enough light. we even have light for up to 2 months without interruption. so we dont need ur promises
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Okijajuju1(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2012
Abujabir24: I live in phc and my area has enough light. we even have light for up to 2 months without interruption. so we dont need ur promises

You are an asspipe!! angry

Since when did you start getting the light? Under him or Odili!!
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by JUO(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2012
I live in phc and my area has enough light. we even have light for up to 2 months without interruption. so we dont need ur promises
ewu

1 Like

Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Abujabir24: 10:13am On Mar 19, 2012
JUO: ewu
Juo or wat it is u call urself. What the heck is ur problem?
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Lov4sat(m): 10:13am On Mar 19, 2012
We hear this same gist last year that come 2012 there will be no power failure yet nothing happen. Hope this time go be true
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by bizybrain(m): 10:18am On Mar 19, 2012
Let watch December is not far its just round the corner
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by blessingl(f): 10:23am On Mar 19, 2012
I live in Atali, Elimbu axis. I must tell you that for the past two years we have not known anything like electricity. I hope this is true. We are seriously praying for Amaechi so that he will succeed. We have been living with power generated for the GEN-SET. For the past two years that we moved into our house. We just wish it was a rented apartment, long ago we would have relocated. Please let this be true. We are seriously looking forward to this.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by blessingl(f): 10:28am On Mar 19, 2012
This is a cry for help. Our children now think that power generated from GEN-SET with the noise associated with it is the only source of power. Please help. This is a cry from ATALI/ENEKA axis.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by DualCore1: 10:33am On Mar 19, 2012
Yea, Atali is terrible as per power. Visited a family there who are always on inverters. Some area in PH are doing good as per power. Rumuibekwe, Woji and some parts of Trans-amadi.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Gbanj11: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2012
I hope FASH is listening....
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by bizzyjay(m): 10:48am On Mar 19, 2012
I pray o!!!!!....stop deceiving the pple....
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by dadicvila(m): 11:16am On Mar 19, 2012
Abujabir24: I live in phc and my area has enough light. we even have light for up to 2 months without interruption. so we dont need ur promises
what part of ph bro??i also stay in ph somewhere arnd ada george road and believe me we are suffering,atyms we stay 3days without light,kant remember when last we had light for straight 12hrs,hope u are not exagerrating??
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by dadicvila(m): 11:18am On Mar 19, 2012
blessingl: This is a cry for help. Our children now think that power generated from GEN-SET with the noise associated with it is the only source of power. Please help. This is a cry from ATALI/ENEKA axis.
Eneka problem is spiritual :-una need serious fasting and prayers
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Tobiustobius: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2012
Promises, promises.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by sucemt(m): 11:50am On Mar 19, 2012
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by doctokwus: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2012
Any govt dat promises so much is neva a gud signin nigeria.If wt d acclaimed improved generation frm independent providers,Rivers state is still in darkness,whc guaraentee is dere dat dis is not anoda Amaechi admin talk talk?
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 19, 2012
With 3 gas Turbines I believe him, cos these days we see light in my Area, notwithstanding not 24/7. The FG should fully privitize Power Gen, Tranx and distribution.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by otokx(m): 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2012
Did we not hear this same thing last year, we in the UNIPORT axis are not finding it funny at all? The darkness is impossible,the last time we had electricity for 6 straight hours was in the early part of december.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Abagworo(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2012
otokx: Did we not hear this same thing last year, we in the UNIPORT axis are not finding it funny at all? The darkness is impossible,the last time we had electricity for 6 straight hours was in the early part of december.

Sorry but some of my friends in Aluu told me of improved power supply. Even Alakahia. Where exactly are you talking about? Is it Owhipa?
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Johndoe100(m): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
Whenever I visit PH I stay in old GRA and the nepa is relatively ok. I hope the gov, does what he promises so at least some of our people can have a little peace. Life without electricity sucks.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by OneNaira6: 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
I'll believe it when I see it. After all, no be Nepa wey control River's power supply?
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Abujabir24: 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

You are an asspipe!! angry

Since when did you start getting the light? Under him or Odili!!

That should be the last time u will ever insult me. i live and grew up in phc u disgusting block
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Abujabir24: 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
dadicvila: what part of ph bro??i also stay in ph somewhere arnd ada george road and believe me we are suffering,atyms we stay 3days without light,kant remember when last we had light for straight 12hrs,hope u are not exagerrating??
dadic villa. i cant disclose my location but believe me am not lying to you. i live between eleme juntion and refinery junction
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 19, 2012
Well the money is there so why NOT?
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2012
Add me on BBM. Pin: 26BE3874!!! I wanna reach 500bbmers.. Sounds silly huh? I know, I'm hyper active so I constantly need to be involved in an activity.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by vocur19: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2012
Mr commissioner which of the Afam are talking about.Afam IV or future Afam.please specify.
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by Afam4eva(m): 6:59pm On Mar 20, 2012
blessingl: I live in Atali, Elimbu axis. I must tell you that for the past two years we have not known anything like electricity. I hope this is true. We are seriously praying for Amaechi so that he will succeed. We have been living with power generated for the GEN-SET. For the past two years that we moved into our house. We just wish it was a rented apartment, long ago we would have relocated. Please let this be true. We are seriously looking forward to this.

Elimgbu and Atali, the twin village. I once lived there. How has that place developed? is it still a village?
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by PHEMIEY(m): 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
dis is DEC, I hope u don dey enjoy ur uninterrupted power supply.
winks
Re: Rivers To Get 24-hour Power Supply By December by phantom(m): 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
it was supposed to be by december 2012 o! So they are one year late...grin but on a more serious note, power has improved in my side of ph remarkably(rumuagholu/eligbolo axis).16 hours a day these days.i dont know who is responsible,whether the state govt with its aggressive effort on power distribution or the federal govt.i am grateful to whoever it is and i hope it continues.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Community, Igga Owns Oil Wells That Anambra/orient petroleum Claim / Former Kano State Governor's Daughter Killed By Robbers (pix) / Comparison Of Jonathan's Performance With That Of Buhari 1: Railway (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.