Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services (7000 Views)

Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News / Cheapest Call Rates And Tariff For MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat 2015 / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by mukina2: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2012
There are indications that telecoms firms in Nigeria may soon transfer the increasing operational expenses arising from multiple taxation and other indiscriminate levies to telecom subscribers in the form of increased tariff for services.The telecoms firms gave the indication recently at media parley with the Industry Working Group on Multiple taxation, which was set up by the Nigerian Communications Commission to address ongoing cases of multiple taxation and its potential dangers to telecoms growth in the country.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/03/20/telecoms-tariff-to-rise/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by DualCore1: 1:43pm On Mar 20, 2012
ok, baby.
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by feelamong(m): 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2012
OK... BRING IT ON!
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by Nonybb: 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2012
FOR WHAT?!!!!! IF THE CONSUMERS SCREAM POOR SERVICES, NO ANSWER, BUT THE NCC WOULD RUSH AND APPROVE UR DESIRE TO INCREASE TARRIF CHARGES BUT NOT KEEN ON DEMANDING BETTER SERVICE FROM U PPL

1 Like

Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by nasty45(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2012
I laf in indian-nehi nehi nehi.mk dem try demselves
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by ismhab(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2012
General Goodluck's fresh air.

Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by ziccoit: 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
Let's go there.
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2012
David mark once said ''phones are not made for the poor'' !

2 Likes

Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2012
How does increase in tariff concerns Jonathan? Is he now the chairman of NCC? undecided
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by ariyebaba(m): 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2012
THIS MUST BE A JOKE ! grin angry cool cheesy
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by stepo707: 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2012
I trust mtn,this time around it will triple.
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by segzicres(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2012
Nigeria. Is jus a bloody scam
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by dipo1: 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2012
Are we not being ripped off enough?
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by Zulele: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2012
well i dont know about oda netwrks bt etisalat sent me dis text message som hours ago..... ''Calls have NOW dropped to 20k/s to any network in 9ja,US,UK landlines, Canada, China& India. Also get 20 Free SMS to etisalat lines/day.Dial*320*1#.Cost N25/day''.
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by moderattor: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2012
this the straw that will break the camel's back and use the paralised camel for suya!
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by simeonabio(m): 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2012
Mr vivekmiskrak, why can't you post your advert in the appropriate section. Let us enjoy the tread, don't distract us. Thank you.
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by Pakavy(m): 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2012
fury: How does increase in tariff concerns Jonathan? Is he now the chairman of NCC? undecided
is he not d GCON
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by Yeske2(m): 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2012
Handiwork of MTN-
i knew it
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by nomshu(m): 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2012
if na play may dem stop pam. this is just a silly joke with the current situation in naija that people de do survival for the fittest
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by ziccoit: 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2012
moderattor: this the straw that will break the camel's back and use the paralised camel for suya!

Forget that kind thing. No camel back would have a scratch. Na today they have been rap.ing Nigerians to the level of coma? Even you are not even spared at that. Enjoy the rap.ing. Hope the generations yet unborn would not suffer the same fate.

2 Likes

Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by babaowo: 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2012
~Bluetooth:

David mark once said ''phones are not made for the poor'' !
......yeah i thot he said that in late 80's....
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by trustidkid: 3:42pm On Mar 20, 2012
this can't be true...at the time when subscriber are expecting reduction in the cost of airtime. What improve service have we enjoyed before. Government should please be serious with plight of her citizen.
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by baslone: 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2012
In fact, they deserve to cooperate, shut down all their systems in the nation and let's see how we'll cope.

Running a legal business in Lagos state alone is crazy, the taxes are too much!!!!

5percent of this, 10percent on that, 8 percent of this, 3 percent of that!!

I have a lot of junk "government papers" in my drawer that I can't even differentiate them anymore.

The most useless part of government- LOCAL GOVERNMENTS are worse and the only thing

they have to show for all the money they collect are "owanbe" parties and paying thugs!

It's frustrating.!!! cry
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by bid4rich(m): 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2012
I think they are making sense in reverse.
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by forkadict(m): 4:38pm On Mar 20, 2012
@ OP.

Na rumor. Tariffs will only keep dropping as long as we maintain the status quo. We have not upset the status quo. So forget dat tin say tariff go increase
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:06pm On Mar 20, 2012
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by JUO(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2012
WE GO STILL LIVE
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by dmainboss: 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2012
Doesnt matter really. The future is the Internet. I have always said that for a long time. I hadly make phone calls these days. FB, BB, Gtalk, WhatsApp, Skype and now Google just released free SMS right from your Gmail. I dont know why we still make a lot of calls really. I think maybe its lack of awareness. I can understand for older folks and some really illiterate folks, but I cant understand why an educated working class person will make a lot of calls except to a 'club ten' kind of contact.
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by aieromon(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2012
They should take it up with the appropriate authorities and leave the subscribers out of this nonsense.
Re: Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services by Sike(m): 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2012
If I Hear! Glo had better not try it. Enhen!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bye Low Battery Forever ! A Phone That Is Also A Power Bank / FONT MANAGER - One Of The Beauty Of XUI / Mtn To All Network Free Call Code Released. Click Here Now. Dont Miss It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.