Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Ending Off-shore Derivation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ending Off-shore Derivation (11458 Views)

Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / 13% Oil Derivation War / On-shore/off-shore Controversy: North Won’t Be Intimidated, Says Niger Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Beaf: 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2012
PhysicsQED: Beaf,

I'm not interested in going back and forth with a robot.

When someone uses the phrase "drunken fisherman" without mentioning the name of a specific ethnic group or state, you scream bigotry, even when they don't state a group that they could be bigoted against explicitly.

But when someone says to someone "your states "other source of income" is from the export of your women to Italy (underage and overage, young and old, unmarried and married)" it's not bigotry.

You obviously have your own interpretation. But I disagree with you completely and don't intend to change my opinion or interpretation anytime soon because I know what I read.

I have no more time to waste on this, so don't expect another response from me on this particular disagreement.

Dude, I really think you have been sniffing cocaine.
There is no point asking you to provide evidence of the bolded, because the liar that you are will fail to provide proof of your lies.
It is a pity what you have become. [size=21pt]Lying is next to stealing.
PhysicsQED, why are you telling lies?[/size]

I am still waiting for proof about the lie you told. Where is the bigotted post against Edo people? Where is it PhysicsQED?
What is prompting you to lie like this?
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by sparko1(m): 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2012
A quick question please 'is Ondo part of Niger delta?
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by mayoroflag(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
I wonder who has taught the North to be advancing uninformed arguments about revenue sharing. Our system is so warped it makes it so normal for people to have an impossibly assertive sense of entitlement.

What the news article implies is that there are no privileges for being a coastal state. I hope very soon they would not be asking for rainfall and some of the thick forests and magrove swamps to be relocated to the North. Hopefully they would not be challenging the littoral states not to develop their beach with atlantic ocean, or that local fishermen would not have a right to fish on those waters without assent by the North.

I am wondering when people with their eye on Niger Delta wealth would realize that there is a great deal of economic opportunity cost which ND has borne for the nation on land and sea and for which they have hardly been compensated to date.

Rubbish polity....
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by otokx(m): 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2012
They can take the case back to the supreme court for adjudication.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by bittyend(m): 7:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
@Beaf

You need to change your screen name - and re-invent yourself. It's sad to see posters tear your arse up everyday; it's just painful to watch cry. How many times are you going to get an 'e-beatdown' on NL, before you give up? Ojukwu once said: "It's better to run away in a mini-skirt and high heels, than let the Nigerian soldiers Samuel Doe me." lipsrsealed

A word is enough for the wise cool

NB: PhysicsQED is too knowledgeable and educated for you to handle. You're a gimmick, a phony and a clown - enough said!
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
dayokanu: Kudos to PhysicsQED

Let Onlylies and beaf continue with their delusion and ally Edo, Itsekiri etc with SE. That would only work on the pages of Nairaland though
The truth is: Igbos really don't have any business with non-Igbos westwards of them. When Igbos use the SS/SE alliance, they're usually referring to the old eastern region which included, Rivers, bayelsa, Akwa-Ibom and Cross rivers state and not in anyway referring to Edo and delta states. Even the SS is an epic fail because south-southerners from the old eastern region do not have anything in common with Edo and Delta politically because unlike the old eastern region non-igbos who would align with the Igbos, the western SS will always align with the south-west.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Beaf: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
afam4eva: The truth is: Igbos really don't have any business with non-Igbos westwards of them. When Igbos use the SS/SE alliance, they're usually referring to the old eastern region which included, Rivers, bayelsa, Akwa-Ibom and Cross rivers state and not in anyway referring to Edo and delta states. Even the SS is an epic fail because south-southerners from the old eastern region do not have anything in common with Edo and Delta politically because unlike the old eastern region non-igbos who would align with the Igbos, the western SS will always align with the south-west.

Lol! You and the likes of Dede are well known for hating everything about the SS. The place is littered with a thousand and one anti-Ijaw threads and posts from you, putting a lie to whatever definition you claim to be making.
These things make your views quite worthless. Your sentimental approach has zero political currency.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by henrychubayo: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
karl max: After using the niger delta to win the war and used divide and rule to brain wash the niger delta the the igbo man was there enemy during the biafra war! I hope some of the niger delta leaders who fought on the side of nigeria are alive today to withness what is going on Today in the ONE NIGERIA they spilt their blood for!. instead of them to stand with our cousins and neibours ndigbo in what would have been a libration for the old eastern region from the hands of this parasite called nigeria!! Is what's going on in the so called niger delta today what adaka boro fought for?.even before nigeria we and the igbos have been intergrating together! The ARO CONFEDRACY is a classic example of our intergration and the story of JAJA of OPOBO and women riot in the eastern region demonstrates how we HAD lived together! As an okirika boy my father used to tell me how they married igbo women and interacted and lived peacefully with our brothers ndigbo before the NIGERIAN STATE used the weapon of division and rule which planted the seed of discord between us and the our cousins.we need to go back to the ways of our forefather that knows that our togetherness is our strenght
WE should clamour for the return of the eastern region Now before it is too late the oil we thought we had that made us stab our long Time allies in the back would soon be lost to the nigerian state because of the short sightedness of adaka boro and those that fought against our natural and long term allies before this forced union called nigeria!the irony is that the niger delta people don't even own oil wells which is the reason why we stabbed our cousins in the back!!
adaka boro was murdered his family are suffering like any other niger deltan while the likes of IBB,GOWON,DANJUMA and co are carting away our resources! Shame

You have spoken well. Words of wisdom and understanding. But it is never to late to take what belongs to you since it is a ND man that is on the sit. Opportunity comes once and never
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by aljharem(m): 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2012
afam4eva: The truth is: Igbos really don't have any business with non-Igbos westwards of them. When Igbos use the SS/SE alliance, they're usually referring to the old eastern region which included, Rivers, bayelsa, Akwa-Ibom and Cross rivers state and not in anyway referring to Edo and delta states. Even the SS is an epic fail because south-southerners from the old eastern region do not have anything in common with Edo and Delta politically because unlike the old eastern region non-igbos who would align with the Igbos, the western SS will always align with the south-west.

Nice way to end bigotry. Daalu nwannem

Shut yoruba up shut igbo up and shut beaf up. End of story
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
Coastal states should get all of the resources associated with the sea.

The Federal Republic of Nigeria maybe in theory has sovereignty over them, but in practice, given that Nigeria is a collection of groups who don't see themselves as one people, one should treat this as if it were several distinct units operating.

The same argument for on-land resource control also applies to offshore.

If one says that the resources found in Bayelsa state belong to the people of that state, then presumably the territorial waters Nigeria has as a result of being fortunate enough to have Bayelsa also belong to the people of that state...

Any coastal peoples in Nigeria (and their friends) who foolishly agree to let offshore resources remain under the control of the FG are no different from Esau, who sold his birthright for a pot of stew..
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
One cannot say, "yes to onshore resource control", "no to offshore."

If your guiding principle is, "let the benefit Nigeria gets from State X be enjoyed primarily by State X", then you should apply this principle consistently.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by noiseless: 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
These are why we don't just have to fold our arms and keep looking til thy kingdom come, All they ever wanted was oil and is still oil the only thing they care about. So this why we have to up our games by start seriousely puting up the arrangements to overcome every obstacle that there are or maybe on our way so we can breakaway from these oil drunk murdering lots, then we shall see if they will sip the oil from the underground tunnel to the atlantic ocean.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by emmatok(m): 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2012
HA HA the BIGOTED BEAF revealed.

Thanks oga physics .
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
dis PhysicsQED guy lies like a modderfoka
he uses long turenchi to lie and lie and lie
who wants to ally with such liar
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 8:28pm On Mar 21, 2012
I mean, this is clearly a devilish, mischievous proposal.

Koruji, I am very surprised that you support it.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by noiseless: 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
@emmtok, you are real and confused giant bigot here with no base for stance and you know it,today you are from southwest the next day you turn jos man,another you become benue, people like you only exist only on this naira-sharialand. Too fake to even exist as a real person.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekt_bear: One cannot say, "yes to onshore resource control", "no to offshore."

If your guiding principle is, "let the benefit Nigeria gets from State X be enjoyed primarily by State X", then you should apply this principle consistently.

lets assume that nigerian assets are made up of X(nigerian territorial land), Y(nigerian territorial waters), Z(nigerian air territory)and P other "properties", eg nigerian house in new york, foreign exchange reserves, etc.
by the nature of the nigerian federation, there are three types of government -federal, state and local. it called power sharing.
the ngierian constitution and land use act says that only the federal government owns and controls Y,Z and P; while the states control much of X. that is why we share airspace too, else someone flying from akwa ibom may have to pay for air rights to states between akwa ibom and kano before he can fly to kano. the nigerian territorial waters belong to all nigerians until those states leave the federation. shikena
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Standing5(m): 8:45pm On Mar 21, 2012
@beaf, u claimed the ss/se are brothers joined by the hips, but u and i know better than that. In the so called 'one ND/SE' why that some communities are given job quota by oil company and other are left to suffer. Most of the arguments put forward in the OP are valid ones. All these alliance on the pages of NL are sign of the insecurity u guys feel.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
Then why don't the land and the resources belong to all Nigerians?

What is the argument for ONSHORE derivation that somehow also is not an argument for OFFSHORE?

How can you claim the people of State X own their land, but don't own the water that belongs to their land?
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Beaf: 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
noiseless: @emmtok, you are real and confused giant bigot here with no base for stance and you know it,today you are from southwest the next day you turn jos man,another you become benue, people like you only exist only on this naira-sharialand. Too fake to even exist as a real person.

Thats how you know them, the ndu chukses and alj harams of NL; oozing out of their squalid holes to spread ethnic hate. All for their love of awuf.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
There is no consistent argument one can make for supporting onshore derivation while simultaneously being AGAINST offshore.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Then why don't the land and the resources belong to all Nigerians?

What is the argument for ONSHORE derivation that somehow also is not an argument for OFFSHORE?

How can you claim the people of State X own their land, but don't own the water that belongs to their land?

the same reason why no nigerian state can claim ownership of nigeria's external reserves.
the offshore is a different "asset" type.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ofala(m): 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
It is very clear that the North has determined never to grow. If all the oil in the Niger Delta is given the North, I really don't think they will far better. Have we forgotten that they did nothing for themselves for all the years in power? The sooner people get create and begin to tap the immense AGRICULTURAL weath in the North, the better for their economic freedom
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by DeepSight(m): 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
Actually, under the Constitution of the Federal Republic, Nigeria is stated to consist of 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.

Accordingly, constitutionally, there is no part of Nigeria (land or sea) that is not either in a state or in the FCT.

That, gentlemen, is the law of the land.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Beaf: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2012
Standing5: @beaf, u claimed the ss/se are brothers joined by the hips, but u and i know better than that. In the so called 'one ND/SE' why that some communities are given job quota by oil company and other are left to suffer. Most of the arguments put forward in the OP are valid ones. All these alliance on the pages of NL are sign of the insecurity u guys feel.

I don't see the point you are trying to make, bro. You are muddling many things together.
As for your stuff about some communities being given oil quota's, that is just internal justling, all communities are catered for.
Regardless of any internal justling, I do not see how a man from the core-North can claim what is in our abutting ocean. It is an extremely dangerous train of thought that has much wider impacts than oil and much wider scope than the immediate areas affected in the ND and SW. Let none be caught unawares.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2012
Realchange: Says who?

The water belongs to the land.

If Nigeria lost say Akwa Ibom State's LAND to Cameroon, you do realize it would also lose anything 200 miles from AKS's coastline, right?

Given this, does the the portion of the sea that Nigeria claims, does it not claim it THROUGH AKS?

No Akwa Ibom State, no sea claim. Thus the sea claim is only due to AKS, and thus those from that state should benefit from it, no?

How can you deny Akwa Ibom State the benefit that is theirs? How can you decide to chop what you'd never even get to eat if they weren't with you?

It is devilish and evil.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Beaf: 8:55pm On Mar 21, 2012
Deep Sight:
Actually, under the Constitution of the Federal Republic, Nigeria is stated to consist of 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.

Accordingly, constitutionally, there is no part of Nigeria (land or sea) that is not either in a state or in the FCT.

Beautiful! Beautiful!! Beautiful!!!
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2012
So what is the argument for onshore derivation?

Someone explain it to me, why they think that states should control the resources on their land.

Once you spell out the argument, let's see if the argument doesn't also imply control over your waters.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by nduchucks: 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
Beaf:

Thats how you know them, the ndu chukses and alj harams of NL; come out to spread ethnic hate. All for their love of awuf.

I challenge you to show me a single quote geared towards spreading ethnic hate. I suppose superior logic is equivalent to hatred in you lala land. SMH

@ekt_bear, quit while you are ahead. Your posts are filled with illogic on this thread, and will portray you as a dummy. You are not ready to run for any political office, you need to grow for a few more years. Better stick with amassing personal wealth for now, you are not bright enough to be a policy maker. Just an observation from a friend. I know your Yoruba skin is thick enough to handle the truth.

TO KEEP NIGERIA ONE IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE cool
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

yes, but why do we have 'federal roads", "federal universities", etc all inside nigerian states, fully funded by the federal government.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
Heh.

If what Deep Sight says is true, then we are done.

There is nothing else to be said.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Realchange: Says who?

The water belongs to the land.

If Nigeria lost say Akwa Ibom State's LAND to Cameroon, you do realize it would also lose anything 200 miles from AKS's coastline, right?

Given this, does the the portion of the sea that Nigeria claims, does it not claim it THROUGH AKS?

No Akwa Ibom State, no sea claim. Thus the sea claim is only due to AKS, and thus those from that state should benefit from it, no?

How can you deny Akwa Ibom State the benefit that is theirs? How can you decide to chop what you'd never even get to eat if they weren't with you?

It is devilish and evil.

but akwa ibom is still in nigeria, and nigeria still has a constitution which vests powers to different levels of government
until it leaves nigeria, it is bound by nigerian constitution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Restructuring Comment: Southern, Middle Belt Forum, Others Tackle Buhari / Aisha Buhari Launches ‘leave Our Daughters Alone’ Campaign / COVID 19: Man Whose Girlfriend Tested Positive Calls Out FG For Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.