Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Ending Off-shore Derivation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ending Off-shore Derivation (11459 Views)

Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / 13% Oil Derivation War / On-shore/off-shore Controversy: North Won’t Be Intimidated, Says Niger Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 6:58am On Mar 22, 2012
This is not an issue which one can site on the fence, DuduNegro.

Think about it for a few minutes...the correct position is to support the rights of coastal states.

And if you don't care about the correct position, the maximally beneficial position for the SW zone as a whole is also to support the coastal states.

Fully 50% of the states in our zone are coastal.

Even if you are from Oyo, Osun or Ekiti, you imo are obliged to seek the greater good of the zone as a whole rather than that of your state (for a variety of reasons that are mostly obvious and thus I don't need to go into.)
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 7:03am On Mar 22, 2012
bayooooooo:
Going by the scenarios on Nairaland alone which mirror Nigerian reality, the best and the most trusted alliance the West can make is with the North.

Smh. Ya'll just don't learn, do you? What type of alliance can there be when someone wants to steal what is your birthright?

I don't understand the way you guys think.

OK, you want to make one-sided alliance where you cook dinner and everyone else eats.

So what is the benefit you get from it?

This is simple. Support the coastal states...making alliance with folks who have

(a) nothing to offer
(b) who will only drain your finances

makes absolutely no sense.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 7:06am On Mar 22, 2012
How can someone take a "siddon look" approach when you might be the biggest loser of that approach?

What happens if the next Bonga field is discovered in your backyard?

Do you want to be Esau who gave away his birthright for almost nothing?

Again, this isn't rocket science.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by ektbear: 7:11am On Mar 22, 2012
Why are people so keen to ally with a group with nothing to offer?

In your personal life, do you team up with a guy who will contribute 0 to the project, or even be a burden?

When there is a project at your job, do you immediately look for the weakest link, the slowest guy at your job to partner with?

What sense does it make in a Nigerian context to team up with a burden?
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by oiseworld: 7:11am On Mar 22, 2012
bayooooooo: I have read the thread from beginning till end. The North's position is quite correct on this point. There's limit to what can be claimed on the sea by any state with a subsumed sovereignty under Nigeria.

The real trouble with Nigeria is not the solid unity in the North but the clear fact that such thing as the South does not exist. Going by the scenarios on Nairaland alone which mirror Nigerian reality, the best and the most trusted alliance the West can make is with the North. Only that such alliance should not be made on the basis of a divided West but of course on at least politically harmonious one and be made by people who truly understand the grand scheme of "things". Nigeria is a jungle and being a political gentleman can not fetch you anything in Nigeria.

Of course alternative is to push for a bold reform and restructuring to guarantee a true federal system in which case each unit can develop at its own pace without bordering so much about who controls the center.

"the north position is not correct"
If only the northerners could be trusted which is impossible the south might be willing to trade some oil derivatives on behalf of Nigeria. 1. Abolish shariah in the entire country, 2. Stop the useless promotion Islam we don't want it.
Guys you can continue the list.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Beaf: 7:17am On Mar 22, 2012
bayooooooo: I have read the thread from beginning till end. The North's position is quite correct on this point. There's limit to what can be claimed on the sea by any state with a subsumed sovereignty under Nigeria.

The real trouble with Nigeria is not the solid unity in the North but the clear fact that such thing as the South does not exist. Going by the scenarios on Nairaland alone which mirror Nigerian reality, the best and the most trusted alliance the West can make is with the North. Only that such alliance should not be made on the basis of a divided West but of course on at least politically harmonious one and be made by people who truly understand the grand scheme of "things". Nigeria is a jungle and being a political gentleman can not fetch you anything in Nigeria.

Of course alternative is to push for a bold reform and restructuring to guarantee a true federal system in which case each unit can develop at its own pace without bordering so much about who controls the center.

The bolded is a joke. Why would anybody wish to ally with an opponent? More than anything, why ally with a losing side?
My guy, it even better to keep sitting on the fence, cos the sort of forces gathering against the core-North are not to be trifled with.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by CaptBarbosa: 7:28am On Mar 22, 2012
one of the best post I have read in recent times. The only way out for east is to always put forward their political demand before supporting any region. I have lived 15 years in south south, and I can tell you that the average niger deltan will prefer voting aboki than any other regional candidate. Their hatred for Igbos is profound and I wonder where the so-called unity is coming from.

The truth of the matter is, some political jobbers like Beaf, asari and co, are all out to confuse the east the more. The just concluded jamboree by asari is an evidence to my position. If truely there is anything like SS/SE unity then let GEJ openly support a candidate from east. Like rochas, since thats was the initial arrangement from the PDP.

afam4eva:

The funny thing is that the bolded is always one-sided. That's how foolish Igbo leaders have been. I can tell you that a Niger Deltan(minus Igbo speaking areas) will rather vote an aboki than Igbo. We have to start thinking about what is best for Igboland irrespective of whose detriment it may be. We have to stop all these brotherly rubbish. We can always join heads with the ND but it must be for the interest of Igboland.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Beaf: 7:31am On Mar 22, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
one of the best post I have read in recent times. The only way out for east is to always put forward their political demand before supporting any region. I have lived 15 years in south south, and I can tell you that the average niger deltan will prefer voting aboki than any other regional candidate. Their hatred for Igbos is profound and I wonder where the so-called unity is coming from.

The truth of the matter is, some political jobbers like Beaf, asari and co, are all out to confuse the east the more. The just concluded jamboree by asari is an evidence to my position. If truely there is anything like SS/SE unity then let GEJ openly support a candidate from east. Like rochas, since thats was the initial arrangement from the PDP.

Omo ACN. Lol!
You won't understand when I say you are like a fish out of water here. Its not your party or your ethnic group... You just won't understand, bruv. grin
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2012
ekt_bear: How can someone take a "siddon look" approach when you might be the biggest loser of that approach?

What happens if the next Bonga field is discovered in your backyard?

Do you want to be Esau who gave away his birthright for almost nothing?

Again, this isn't rocket science.

Quoting the bible for a wrong guy! God does not exist dude!!! What happens if the field is never discovered? You can't be too sure!

You don't reach a strategic pact on emotional ground or on a speculative future discovery without credible data to back it up. The so called northern domination will fizzle out if there a united south with coherent and articulated position. Has there ever been a semblance of a united south? What happens to the Southern Governors Meeting started in 2000? You don't fight for what's not yours in the hope that you discover yours tomorrow. It does not make sense. What advantage does it confer on others who are not coastal states? To be saying this prosperous ondos are our brothers o while we reel in penury? It's a different ball game if you are fighting for regional integration or autonomy where a region will be allowed to develop within it's own pace; and intrinsic and competitive advantages of each not oil-endowed poor zones can be developed? You think if they call for amendment of the Onshore/Offshore Act in parliament today, no legislator in the South South will vote in support? You think Ebonyi or Enugu will say No retain the act? You think cross river state governor will not be happy to have more money? By voting against the bill, will Akwa-ibom or Rivers be paying CR every state? As long as your argument situate in the context of present Nigeria structure, it does not add up. But as a regional block, I can assure you no living human being from SS will vote to amend such an ACT.

Way to go: If the present structure of abracadabra is in place where we operate a unitary center in pseudo federal environment, you fight for your interest. It may interest you to know that Ayo Fayose with some southern governors instituted a case against the offshore act before he fell from grace to grass. Why? The arrangement does not favor his state. Don't be deceived, if a northerner gets the presidency post Jonathan, that act ll be amended and NOTHING will happen.

The pact with the North? It's not the best I agree but there is no better alternative. If there is, please present your argument.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf:

[size=33pt]Sir,[/size]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/656934[/img]
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I really wonder why you continue replying these wana be 'PARASITES'
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by CaptBarbosa: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2012
You have started feeling uncomfortable,already?

Beaf:

Omo ACN. Lol!
You won't understand when I say you are like a fish out of water here. Its not your party or your ethnic group... You just won't understand, bruv. grin
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by KnowAll(m): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2012
OFF-SHORE Derivatives has only created Demi-Gods in the South-South. By Now the South-South should be one region where phenomenonal growth should have been the bane of that society, surpassing any area in the whole West Africa region. What do we have instead, Barawo-James Ibori, Oyenusi Odilli, Anini Slylvia, Shina Rambo Igbenidion, even Amechi and Akpabio are 419 agents just "dey" white wash for their people(the more you look the less you see). People think they are doing well but the truth is when compared to what they receive they are actually punching below the belt. In fact I am impressed with what Rochas is doing without derivation than all these Derivatives Merchants in the South-South.

The only South-South Governor that has been a revolution since democracy started is Donald Duke and we can all see his legacy in CRS. Obudu Cattle Ranch and Tinapa are 2 master pieces that can withstand the test of time, and are comparable to the best in other climes. Unfortunately the feds and the incumbent Governor allowed Tinapa to turn out as a white elephant but the fact still remains that the delivery and the facility on ground are superb and first class.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Beaf: 8:53am On Mar 22, 2012
^
What has that crap got to do with the topic? Is the governor of your state an Angel of The Lord, or is he a corrupt creature like other politicians?
ND states like Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom are far more developed than the rest of Nigeria, save Lagos. Please, stop talking crap.
Corruption is a Nigeria wide problem.

Capt.Barbosa:
You have started feeling uncomfortable,already?

Yeah, you bring a fungal infection to the house.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by noiseless: 10:00am On Mar 22, 2012
@beaf. As much as you know that many of us are ready to let every obstacles be kicked out of the way, so we can really move on, but you must also agree with me that you guys are not doing enough if at all there is anything to convince the scapetics,like really being bold and steping up the alliance or is there something already going on which we haven't heard. You guys first start being really serious and just mere sporadic statement as you know the enemy is already at his old games again. Finally it will be most imortant for you guys to start from every level,the vilages,towns/cities and states set a program and start a project and lunch it and carry the people that matters in your side with you and commission send deligates to your counterparts in the alliance to be, and start sorting/bridging the gaps in a negotiation table, have a head to head talks with them if you really want to be taken serious about this alliace, as you all know that you guys need to be in the forfront of all these as we igbos just like always can be viewed with suspicious should we be the ones making the move due to the way northerners have forced many of you to see us, and again gej has to be more bold in achieving these things by empowering his kinsmen to start looking eastward, but the frustrating issues here are that we only hear ones in while about this alliace mostly on papers with no really actions, and mind you that international airport and second niger bridge are not what i'm talking about here, i'm talking about social,cultural and political activities in various levels, orderwise it means we are still just bla bla bla! and we all know the igbos and south south don't just talk but do the walk as well, so why all these too much talks now with nothing like activities/actions or there still that unfounded belief that "oh it's our oil the igbos want or someting"lol!
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by FEMARY1: 11:29am On Mar 22, 2012
smiley
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by otondo55: 11:57am On Mar 22, 2012

Let say the Coastal sea does not belong to Nigeria, then the resources does not belong to Nigeria too.

As long as its in Nigeria, it belongs to the states which belongs to Nigeria.

Mischievousness will not lead you to anywhere !

Go and develop what is in your land and stop being a parasite.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by CaptBarbosa: 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
continue decieving them, afteral thats what you being paid for. Why can't you support Igbo for president in 2015? OK, I got it, the alliance is a one way traffic abi?.

Keep it up!

Beaf: ^
What has that crap got to do with the topic? Is the governor of your state an Angel of The Lord, or is he a corrupt creature like other politicians?
ND states like Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom are far more developed than the rest of Nigeria, save Lagos. Please, stop talking crap.

Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by chreldb(m): 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2012
I dont want to sound like a tribal bigot. My opinion here is an attempt to be diplomatic. I come from the SS, was born in the north but grew up in one of the south south states which is not my state of origin. My parents are from Delta and Rivers so I am 100 percent ND
My family also spent some time in the SE while growing up. As a result of these I believe I have some insight on this unfortunate topic. I read through the comments on the first page of this thred and this is my opinion. Beaf you are wrong when you opine that Niger Deltans are allies with the ibos, on the contrary ND's do not trust and do not like Ibos on a general note. After all history has proved it during the civil war. Infact niger deltans not until recently due to the terroristic happenings have been more comfortable with northeners. However haven said that I completely agree with you (beaf) when it comes to issues concerning resource control and the parasitism of the north. I find that article rather offensive and a further attempt to look for trouble. For now I refrain from further comments regarding the article because its a simple matter. All that needs to be done is for thee SS to look into their intellectual community and get some human resource to counter those fallacious claims by the author if that article its a simple matter really. I try as much as possible to be detribalised and neutral but in reality it is not feasible. Its to bad that I have to at my age think about how to identify with people that come from the same region as myself when I seldom even visit my hometown. I still believe in the one Nigeria philosophy but however if tribal bigotism, greed, selfishness is continued and deemed necessary then for me its Niger delta for life. Thank God am fortunate enogh to come from that region. Homever ONE NIGERIA!!.

1 Like

Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by essangE(m): 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2012
De writer of dis spurious article has succeeded in exposing his level of intellectual porosity.....pls, go n handle ur boko haram first, and leave our oil 4 us.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by jason123: 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2012
Nice one PhysicsMHD and co!
Too many people have been deceived by this euphoria. Today, I can assure you the NC or MB will go with the Core-North on this issue. The cooperation that brought GEJ's presidency does not necessarily mean it will continue. Politics is a dynamic game not a static game.

Some kids on this site have even equated the SS into the SE. One of them even said, on one thread that Delta is the SE. Hahaha! There is nothing funnier. Anyway, this is the internet guys! Have your fun!!! cool
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by jason123: 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2012
However, one thing I want to make clear is this. Southern Nigeria is our ONLY option. Anyother option will TOTALLY disintegrate Nigeria. Biafrans will have another thing coming if still go with their "maps" on this site. The reason why I did not mention Ooduans is because they are mainly concerned with their SW region, hence, there is not need for confrontation.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by noiseless: 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
@chreld b. Don't worry we have seen a lot of IDs such as yours who recently sprang out of no where, while patiently waiting for the day the real mischievious purpose of those IDs to come so they could pull them out and dustin up to running mad like a gworo chewing hausa/fulani or their ally trying dish out everything to pose as someone their not just because oil is mentioned. Anyway i ve gone through all your posts and i will sooner or later contact you on the email you provided which is (publisher@ngmix.net)but i think i already know who you are, even though you are trying too hard not give out your really self.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by chreldb(m): 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2012
@noiseless
You made me laugh @ your post. I can see you have gone through my posts and discovered that I am a newbie and wonder how I am so conversant with issues concerning nairaland. Well let me clear your thoughts I was an active poster on nairaland some years back. But I took a break and reregistered with a different user name. U have absolutely no idea who I am and your assertations about my opinions are completely wrong. I am just saying what I feel is right and straightfoward. And as for that email what the heck is that never came across it before. If u have nothing to say stop making noise. Thus your name
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by chreldb(m): 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
@noiseless
Now i remember the email. I had even forgotten it was a broadcast I recieved from BB that I decided to post which was a positive one. Now it is clear to me from your post that you are an unscrupulus person.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by mufikings(m): 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2012
What do we all have if it were not handed to us from God....answer nothing !!...rubbish arguments from a lazy people....
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^^
Okay preacher. Preach on and tell us how god handed them over.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by noiseless: 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2012
@chreld b. Haa haa! isn't amazing?
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by noiseless: 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2012
@chreld b. Haa haa! just laughing at your "no oh, yes" when people run out of lies they started with the will be a subjects or victims to a sudden stammering. "NO NO,YEE YEE YES" keep it up.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by Abagworo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf: ^

I wonder what you call development. When your people are short changed, you now feel good with yourself even in the face of living in the most inhuman condition on earth. Delta is not developed one bit. Asaba is liveable but the rest is funny. I've been to Ughelli, Agbor, Warri, Sapele and Asaba. Only Port Harcourt is developed in the 3 States and is not up to what it should be as Africa's oil capital.

Beaf, you should be careful before you travel to the riverine area and tell them that they are developed. Have you ever visited the illegal refineries? Have you ever been to fishing settlements? Beaf everybody is not comfortable like you. I will suggest an option to true federalism in due course because I don't see that happening soon.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by chreldb(m): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2012
@noiseless
You are not an intelligent person are you? I refrain from replying you its not worth it
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by noiseless: 6:46pm On Mar 22, 2012
@chreld b. You have no case to make what so ever, not after your overflowing cup of idiocy which you have displayed in your first post,hoping people give you the award of "interlligece".I you that you foolishly come back after pulling out and dustin another ID to get your heavenly feeling and MOMBO JOMBO CRAP.
Re: Ending Off-shore Derivation by member479760: 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
One should wonder why the oil in Russian federation belong to the federation and not the state or individual! why black people are just created to hate one another?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / Restructuring Comment: Southern, Middle Belt Forum, Others Tackle Buhari / Anti-Open Grazing: We Are Prepared To Protect Our People At Any Cost - Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.