Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon (12623 Views)

Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User / Plastic Surgeon Made His Wife Perfect Using His Skills / Frustrated Nigerian Man Commits “facebook” Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by Pennywise(m): 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2012
If we truly have a govt, then the head of the Nigerian cutoms would have been sacked by now for refusing to act three months after this matter was brought to his notice. I am not even talking about the small fry at the port. But we have no govt. Jonathan is in Abuja playing 'president' and the lawmakers continue to share largese.
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by TCD: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
madambini: I simply don't believe his story. There's more to it!
madambini:
I am not surprised Dr Kawu's rants is making it to the homepage. He likes publicity too much!
I would not believe this story till I hear custom's side of it.
My two kobo.
do you know Dr Kawu? U sound like a scorned ex-lover.
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by Vansnickers: 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2012
Callotti: He should not lament too much abeg.
How innocent are the so-called Nigerians with complacency?
He made a choice to do his business in Nigeria.
Those of us in the healthcare that shun ANYTHING Nigerian professionally are fools abi?
Nigerians deserve what they have.
If you can't beat them, please feel free to join them and DON'T complain.
Period! kiss

SMH.
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by livapul86(m): 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2012
madambini:
I am not surprised Dr Kawu's rants is making it to the homepage. He likes publicity too much!
I would not believe this story till I hear custom's side of it.
My two kobo.
From your comment above, its very clear that the Corrupt Customs officer is your HUSBAND. Don't worry, just prepare to be carrying food to him in Prison.
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by sunky644(m): 5:50am On Mar 24, 2012
kudos to that Dr. Kawu, small by small we will get it right someday. Those of you thinking bribery is one of those things that has to be done, please let's start changing our mindset now. This country must be better at all cost...
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by lucom: 6:31am On Mar 24, 2012
Let Dr Kawu petition the two legislative chambers, he'll be sorted out.
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by knotty(m): 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2012
6[b]. My clearing agent Siklaw Global Resource Ltd after completing the Form M and risk assessment paid the custom duty on the 6th march 2011.
7. The equipment was shipped in to Nigeria from the US and arrived in May 2011.
[/b]

This Dr is both a liar and a cheat.
His rant is just full of stories, make believe stories.
And this goes on justify how much we have lost our souls for money sakes. This thief is just out to make more money out of the system without bothering to care who he runs down in the process.

1. How can you pay Duty against a Form M for a shipment that hadn,t even been shipped? How did he make the RAR? pure balderdash.
2. Who told him that medical equipment have no duty? liar. I have friends who import medical equipment and of course, they pay duty, albeit, at 5% and not VAT.
3. Donated goods have procedures for clearing. You need a letter from Federal Ministry of Finance for duty waiver on donated goods. Did the shylock Dr collect that waiver letter. bet no.
4. Ole, hear him, the donated equipment are worth 50m and the areshole cannot afford to pay 26k storage charges what manner of cut throat beggar is this?
5. Did he say Customs told him to go home that the goods will be delivered to his Hospital? MUMU.
6. Will the patient-releasing-go-home-to-die Doctor offer any relief to any patient in his care since he got the magical equipment for free? hell no.

Please, people dont just believe every tale spun around here.
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by ibifuroloj: 3:30am On Mar 30, 2012
QUESTIONS FOR DR KAWU
(1) Were the equipment Donated to the University of Abuja Teaching hospital or to you as an individual?
(2) If the Teaching hospital were the recipient of the surgical equipment, how come they are not handling the matter on an interdepartmental level?
(3) If the answer to the first part of (1) is no, in what capacity did you receive the donations.
(4) Do you render free spinal services to your patients, if the answer is yes, can you show documented proof to that effect.
(5) Did you get a waiver to import the equipment, if yes can you publish it for all to see.
(6) If the answer to (5) is no, is Mr. Wakama GAP to be held responsible for your inability to obtain a waiver.
(7) Can you itemize the equipment?
Have you been notified that medical equipment attracts a duty of 5% comprising of cost, insurance and freight and that only VAT is waived.
(10) You stated that the customs officer valued your equipment at #50 million, what were the actual value and your own declaration at the customs.
(11) Is it true that you paid a sum of about #9,660 as duty on 8 cartons of medical equipment whose invoice encased within the equipment stated their actual price to be $230,074.
(12) Assuming we use just the cost of equipment valued at $230, 074 (#36,811,840) at
5% your duty should amount to $11,503.70 or #1,840,592. Excluding the cost of insurance and freight.
(13) Dr is it now obvious that Mr Wakama GAP QUERRIED YOU BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO SHORTCHANGE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA BY #1,830,932.
(9) Have you ever met the customs officer Mr Wakama GAP in person, If your answer is yes, CAN YOU STATE WHERE, WHEN or WHO saw the both of you together.
(10) Can you state the exact amount of money demanded by the customs officer and the person from whom such demand was made if not you.
(11) Does Mr Wakama deserve commendation or condemnation for insisting that you pay the correct amount of duty to the federal Republic of Nigeria.
(12) if a superior officer to Mr Wakama assured you that Mr Wakama acted in error, how come the goods were not released to you immediately.
(13) You claimed that the Nigeria customs service has apologized to you, Can you show evidence to that effect.
TO ALL THE FOLLOWERS OF THIS PATHETIC STORY, IT IS NOW OBVIOUS THAT WE ARE EITHER DEALING WITH A CASE OF ATTEMPTED EXTORTION OR A CASE OF OUTRIGHT FRAUD. THE ONUS OF PROOF IN THE CASE OF EXTORTION RESTS ON DR KAWU, UNFORTUNATELY HE ALONE CAN EXONERATE HIMSELF FROM BEING FRAUDULENT BY REVEALING DETAILS OF ACTUAL VALUE OF EQUIPMENT, AMOUNT DECLARED AT THE CUSTOMS AND ACTUAL AMOUT PAID AS DUTY. WE HOPE THE EFCC IS WATCHING!!!!!
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by ibifuroloj: 3:30am On Mar 30, 2012
QUESTIONS FOR DR KAWU
(1) Were the equipment Donated to the University of Abuja Teaching hospital or to you as an individual?
(2) If the Teaching hospital were the recipient of the surgical equipment, how come they are not handling the matter on an interdepartmental level?
(3) If the answer to the first part of (1) is no, in what capacity did you receive the donations.
(4) Do you render free spinal services to your patients, if the answer is yes, can you show documented proof to that effect.
(5) Did you get a waiver to import the equipment, if yes can you publish it for all to see.
(6) If the answer to (5) is no, is Mr. Wakama GAP to be held responsible for your inability to obtain a waiver.
(7) Can you itemize the equipment?
Have you been notified that medical equipment attracts a duty of 5% comprising of cost, insurance and freight and that only VAT is waived.
(10) You stated that the customs officer valued your equipment at #50 million, what were the actual value and your own declaration at the customs.
(11) Is it true that you paid a sum of about #9,660 as duty on 8 cartons of medical equipment whose invoice encased within the equipment stated their actual price to be $230,074.
(12) Assuming we use just the cost of equipment valued at $230, 074 (#36,811,840) at
5% your duty should amount to $11,503.70 or #1,840,592. Excluding the cost of insurance and freight.
(13) Dr is it now obvious that Mr Wakama GAP QUERRIED YOU BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO SHORTCHANGE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA BY #1,830,932.
(9) Have you ever met the customs officer Mr Wakama GAP in person, If your answer is yes, CAN YOU STATE WHERE, WHEN or WHO saw the both of you together.
(10) Can you state the exact amount of money demanded by the customs officer and the person from whom such demand was made if not you.
(11) Does Mr Wakama deserve commendation or condemnation for insisting that you pay the correct amount of duty to the federal Republic of Nigeria.
(12) if a superior officer to Mr Wakama assured you that Mr Wakama acted in error, how come the goods were not released to you immediately.
(13) You claimed that the Nigeria customs service has apologized to you, Can you show evidence to that effect.
TO ALL THE FOLLOWERS OF THIS PATHETIC STORY, IT IS NOW OBVIOUS THAT WE ARE EITHER DEALING WITH A CASE OF ATTEMPTED EXTORTION OR A CASE OF OUTRIGHT FRAUD. THE ONUS OF PROOF IN THE CASE OF EXTORTION RESTS ON DR KAWU, UNFORTUNATELY HE ALONE CAN EXONERATE HIMSELF FROM BEING FRAUDULENT BY REVEALING DETAILS OF ACTUAL VALUE OF EQUIPMENT, AMOUNT DECLARED AT THE CUSTOMS AND ACTUAL AMOUT PAID AS DUTY. WE HOPE THE EFCC IS WATCHING!!!!!
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by ibifuroloj: 3:35am On Mar 30, 2012
knotty: 6[b]. My clearing agent Siklaw Global Resource Ltd after completing the Form M and risk assessment paid the custom duty on the 6th march 2011.
[/b]

And this goes on justify how much we have lost our souls for money sakes. This thief is just out to make more money out of the system without bothering to care who he runs down in the process.

1. How can you pay Duty against a Form M for a shipment that hadn,t even been shipped? How did he make the RAR? pure balderdash.
2. Who told him that medical equipment have no duty? liar. I have friends who import medical equipment and of course, they pay duty, albeit, at 5% and not VAT.
3. Donated goods have procedures for clearing. You need a letter from Federal Ministry of Finance for duty waiver on donated goods. Did the shylock Dr collect that waiver letter. bet no.
4. Ole, hear him, the donated equipment are worth 50m and the areshole cannot afford to pay 26k storage charges what manner of cut throat beggar is this?
5. Did he say Customs told him to go home that the goods will be delivered to his Hospital? MUMU.
6. Will the patient-releasing-go-home-to-die Doctor offer any relief to any patient in his care since he got the magical equipment for free? hell no.

My sentiments exactly!!!!
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by ibifuroloj: 3:35am On Mar 30, 2012
knotty: 6[b]. My clearing agent Siklaw Global Resource Ltd after completing the Form M and risk assessment paid the custom duty on the 6th march 2011.
[/b]

My sentiments exactly!!!!
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by Luvlee(f): 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2012
D postd am seein on this thread are jst plain terrible. Tomorrow these same pple wnt to travel out of This country and enjoy d govts of other countries. Do u think they go to where they are by such myopic tots?
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2012
The truth has started to unfold! Just keep watching this space.
People's eyes are beginning to open!
Re: Lamentations Of A ‘frustrated’ Nigerian Surgeon by Gladmama(f): 1:13am On Apr 02, 2012
Callotti: He should not lament too much abeg.
How innocent are the so-called Nigerians with complacency?
He made a choice to do his business in Nigeria.
Those of us in the healthcare that shun ANYTHING Nigerian professionally are fools abi?
Nigerians deserve what they have.
If you can't beat them, please feel free to join them and DON'T complain.
Period! kiss

Oh my God! what is this? and you said you work in the healthcare and you sound like this! You will need this type of help someday i PRAY and you will suffer from your words. your heart is BAD you will agonise, believe me, it will not be long. It will catch up with all of you HATERS IF LIFE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough / PERMANENT Non Medical Method Of Curing MOUTH ODOUR.!!!! / COVID-19 Update For December 27 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.