Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? (1599 Views)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / The Interesting things About God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2012
There is a theory gaining momentum right now called, "The Saturnian Polar Configuration". It states that the solar system we have at the moment was different from what it once was. There was a time in the ancient past when the planet "SATURN" was our sun. And saturn was standing motionless above the planet earth. A lot of ancient mythologies passed down to us state this. Here is a website that tries to elucidate more on this theory, http://saturndeathcult.com/

Could planet Saturn be the reason why humanity look upwards when it talks about God?
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by buzugee(m): 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: There is a theory gaining momentum right now called, "The Saturnian Polar Configuration". It states that the solar system we have at the moment was different from what it once was. There was a time in the ancient past when the planet "SATURN" was our sun. And saturn was standing motionless above the planet earth. A lot of ancient mythologies passed down to us state this. Here is a website that tries to elucidate more on this theory, http://saturndeathcult.com/

Could planet Saturn be the reason why humanity look upwards when it talks about God?
somebody been smoking that sticky icky cali weed angry
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
buzugee: somebody been smoking that sticky icky cali weed angry
Why the angry look? I am not presenting this as fact. It is only a theory. Do you have a theory of your own on why people look skywards when they talk about God or heaven? I bet you don't. It is all good.
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Kslib(m): 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2012
People look up when talking about GOD cos
1. God is our heavenly father, and heaven is skywards.
2. God is above every other god
3. Just imagine someone talking about GOD and pointing downwards or sideways.
4. Just imagine rapture taking place and believers start going down into the earth.
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by buzugee(m): 10:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: Why the angry look? I am not presenting this as fact. It is only a theory. Do you have a theory of your own on why people look skywards when they talk about God or heaven? I bet you don't. It is all good.
i quite like that angry look. its cute angry dont you think ?
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:29am On Mar 22, 2012
So, you say that heaven has a specific physical location?
Kslib: People look up when talking about GOD cos

That could hardly be the reason why people look upwards.

Why point anywhere at all? Does that mean that God has a specific physical location?

I don't believe in rapture so no comment on that one.

4. Just imagine rapture taking place and believers start going down into the earth.
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Image123(m): 11:23am On Mar 22, 2012
"The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath." (Proverbs 15:24).
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Kslib(m): 11:23am On Mar 22, 2012
You dont believe in rapture,which means you dont believe in the coming of christ.And you dont believe in God.(i didn't put question mark cos it's not a question,but a fact).
Well,i want to know the motive behind your question.
Is it that you don't believe God is skywards? Or
people should stop looking upwards when addressing God since they dont know his real direction?
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:32pm On Mar 22, 2012
That, i am afraid, is not the thrust of this topic. Whether i believe what you believe and in the way you believe is irrelevant in this thread. Stick to the issue at hand, please.
Kslib: You dont believe in rapture,which means you dont believe in the coming of christ.And you dont believe in God.(i didn't put question mark cos it's not a question,but a fact).
Well,i want to know the motive behind your question.
Is it that you don't believe God is skywards? Or
people should stop looking upwards when addressing God since they dont know his real direction?
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by LordReed(m): 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: There is a theory gaining momentum right now called, "The Saturnian Polar Configuration". It states that the solar system we have at the moment was different from what it once was. There was a time in the ancient past when the planet "SATURN" was our sun. And saturn was standing motionless above the planet earth. A lot of ancient mythologies passed down to us state this. Here is a website that tries to elucidate more on this theory, http://saturndeathcult.com/

This can hardly be the case. Humans would not have survived such a cataclysmic event. The gravitational swing involved would have precipitated such magnificent upheavals in the Earth's crust with numerous volcanic eruptions enough to blanket the entire atmosphere making it deadly to all oxygen breathing lifeforms.

Saturn is not even as big as Jupiter so I wonder how it could have acquired the gravitational pull to encircle the planets. Also a Sun is powered by hydrogen in gaseous form and a lot of plasma, Saturn has none of these characteristics so how was it a Sun?

The skies have always fascinated man with its myriads of stars, comets, asteroids, planets and other heavenly bodies and events. Our ancient forebears had no electric lights or big city lights to disturb their view of the heavens so it was easy to be entranced by the beauty of it. Marry that with the fact that the fathers of the Faith had encounters with Beings who pointed out the heavens as their home and you have got your answer.
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by deols(f): 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2012
there is the innate belief that God is in the heavens so everyobe just naturally looks up to Him.

Ayat al Kursiy(2:255) confirms

. .His throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by harakiri(m): 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2012

***Unbelievable***

How do you know all this? Do you have proof that "God" lives skywards?
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Callotti: 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2012
They also close their eyes and bow their heads looking downwards where 'Satan' is supposed to reside too! Depends on what 'operations' they plan to carry out that very night! Or day!

God or Satan is efrywhia!!!!

Mu he he he he he he
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: somebody's been smoking that sticky icky cali weed angry
SHIKENAN!
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2012

how do you know heaven is skywards? at east we know what lies beyond the earth, the planets, stars, the universe, the galaxies. so where is this your heaven that is skywards?
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by LagosShia: 9:21am On Mar 24, 2012
as muslims,we raise our hands upwards when supplicating to show how low we are and how high God is.it doesn't mean God has a physical throne sitting or place somewhere upwards.God is present everywhere with His knowledge.
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by lepasharon(f): 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2012
Lool the muslims say if you look up to heaven while you pray,ur eyes pop out grin
Re: Why Do People Look Skywards When Talking About God? by procedure: 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2012
God's throne is in the north beyond the sun far away in space. Christ looked ur to pray at the tomb of lazarus. Looking ur is also a way of concentration in prayer.

(1) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Needs You To Donate So He Can Clear His Debts... / Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? / Some Reasons Why U Still Sin Even After Genuine Repentance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.