Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? (68465 Views)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by LordReed(m): 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
The first year was an experience. We made love, fought, made up, played, laughed, danced, yelled, cried, had a baby and did many other things. At the end of it all we came out a stronger team, more understanding and tolerant of our strengths and weaknesses, we are more relaxed and at home with each other. We still have our challenges but we are facing them with joy, peace and commitment.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by mo2raur(f): 12:14am On Feb 06, 2016
mo2raur:
Hummm...what a wonderful thread, i read all comment, i wnt to b maried too, u my husband where r thou? Locate me this year, im ready to b call Mrs. Life is a coin
I'm now Mrs.. Next year Jan by God's grace I'll be here to share my first year experience.

13 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by olaotanleye(m): 1:08am On Feb 06, 2016
mo2raur:

I'm now Mrs.. Next year Jan by God's grace I'll be here to share my first year experience.

I Thank God For You Dear

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by dhummystecah(f): 1:25am On Feb 06, 2016
Awwww. Nice thread. I am learning quite a lot which will come in handy when I get married. May God fix all shaky marriages.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 06, 2016
ronkebp:

My dear i was in the same shoes as you were, I don't know why i felt the way i did, immediately i got married, for some reasons i felt i had made the wrong choice (maybe because i had few guys that wanted to marry me then too), but i had this thing'' when i was much younger that '' i would marry the person i told my inner most secret that no-one knew) and my hubby was the one, then he was just a friend, and i divulged everything to him, he was just giving me so many signs that this is just the right man for me, then we got into a relationship which was rosy and beautiful, though we argued alot. smiley smiley
But that 1st year was just the most difficult for me, i was beginning to find it difficult to really love him, it was just so different, i would snap at every little thing, but i kept on praying that this should pass, because this was not how i envisioned my marraige to be, all the problem we had was from me.

my hubby loves me so much, he was just patient with me, and i started loving the man i married, infact, i was seeing all the good sides of him, how much he cares for me, (he tells me how much he loves me at least 4 times a week, since we got married, very demanding though, he wants to always be with me, on the phone with me 24/7, my lunch time at work is not free ooo, we have to talk ni oooo, even if am taking a nap, he would want to be on the phone, am grateful to God, i was patient enough during the first years of marraige to start reaping the benefits now, wouldn't have made a better choice.
So you mean you never loved him before marraige?
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Ignatio(m): 8:22am On Feb 10, 2016
Interesting thread. Learnt some stuffs. Will be back when I'm married.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
rokiatu:
Please this goes out to all the married peeps out there. How was your first year of marriage? Was it the toughest, easiest, normal, how was it? Did you face any problems? How did you resolve them? In short how was your experience in the first year of your marriage?

Your contribution will be appreciated.

Hmm not a year but we're close . to be honest it's been normal were still adjusting and getting to know each other more with each and passing day ..yup

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Tovot: 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
WONDERFUL!!!

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by teewhysafe(f): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
Such a lovely thread. Thanks to all who shared. I learnt three major lessons: Patience, Perseverance & Prayer helps. Been so scared of marriage but due to societal pressure and expectations, I was almost about to just settle for the sake of being married. After reading all these, I choose to wait for God's will and I hope to share my story here soon.

7 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by nurria(f): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2016
This topic is incomparable,not married though but enjoy every bit of it,thumb up op, God bless U!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by nurria(f): 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
papatosibe:

Kini big deal, 13 months and 26 miscarriages here, and I aint complaining.
Are U praying 4 it?

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by horlakunmy: 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Check actual problem that blocks your glory,and anything you want to know about your life issue ,married,perfect future job,your star,your perfect and surpose husband or wife,your bussiness.call this number 08140444773..
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by lakesidepapa(m): 10:28am On Feb 20, 2016
marriage don dey hungry me
Me too but still have a long way to go
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Winter4: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hmmmm...this thread sha!!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2018
Sagamite:

Personally, I would not say I have a fear of marriage. I would rather say, I am comfortable being single.

I would do whatever I need to do to make sure my life is a happy one. And I will only change the current status if I see a woman that makes me judge being with her would make me happier than being single. Not because culture/society expects me to be married at a certain age or a girl I am seeing is desperate to get married.

Just saw US CBS news yesterday, only 49% of marriages survive beyond 20 years.

I would not waste my youth and be in my 40s wondering how I can get it back. I shall be a happy person for majority of the rest of my life, no compromising that. No plans to quarrel consistently or compromise on my lifestyle because of some silly vows. If I married someone, I am sure they would not be perfect, but hell, they have to be well-rounded and worthy of marriage based on personality, attraction and compatibility. Otherwise, for me, there is no point or sense in getting married when being single can give me happiness.

Men! Thank fcking God that I still STRICTLY live by this mantra. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Winter4: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
Sagamite:

Men! Thank fcking God that I still STRICTLY live by this mantra. cool

And happy I presume?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sisisioge: 10:55am On Sep 12, 2018
Na wa o...

Well, my first year of marriage will be filled with plenty sex and talks and foods and perhaps a baby grin. May I not marry a vampire embarassed

5 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Martin0(m): 10:59am On Sep 12, 2018
sisisioge:
Na wa o...

Well, my first year of marriage will be filled with plenty sex and talks and foods and perhaps a baby grin. May I not marry a vampire embarassed

plenty gini, babe pray for something wey nor go tire you oo
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sisisioge: 11:08am On Sep 12, 2018
Martin0:

plenty gini, babe pray for something wey nor go tire you oo

grin grin grin grin

I can't wait for those things jare grin

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Winter4: 11:33am On Sep 12, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

Don't worry..you fine well well so it won't be long.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Martin0(m): 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin
I say make i holla you oo, see as you dey tashebor everywheregrin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 7:04am On Sep 14, 2018
Winter4:

And happy I presume?

How could I not be happy when I stick to the mantra that anyone that comes and remains in my life must make me happier than I was before them?

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Winter4: 8:18am On Sep 14, 2018
Sagamite:

How could I not be happy when I stick to the mantra that anyone that comes and remains in my life must make me happier than I was before them?

Okaaaay...I didn't understand the "Mantra" before ni. Hope you're making them happy too sha..life na give and take o
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by olaiya262: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2018
like ds thread.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2018
Winter4:

Okaaaay...I didn't understand the "Mantra" before ni. Hope you're making them happy too sha..life na give and take o

I am a cool guy that does not stand for nonsense and selfishness.

A great man, not a mumu "real man".

Majority of women are inherently selfish. "Me, me, me, me, me, me...."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by kerny(f): 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
This thread is so insightful,learnt a lot from it
Dear Lord I have seen what you've done for others
Please do mine,Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ladyP30(f): 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2018
Such a great thread I'm really happy to have storm over these Op God bless you for this great topic

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by mylove4God(f): 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
sisisioge:
Na wa o...

Amen

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sisisioge: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2018
mylove4God:

Amen

Thanks darling... I wish you same.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by mylove4God(f): 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2018
sisisioge:

Thanks darling... I wish you same.
you are welcome
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by baldman: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
I remember reading this thread during those years when I was to waiting to get married. So it is give back time. The first year of our marriage was a joyful one and full of blessings too. We went on honeymoon (Dubai) came back and I was able to buy a car for my wife. I also got assigned to a more favourable role at work. We conceived after exactly a month and we had sex almost every day of the pregnancy, until she had to travel to have the baby and we resumed as soon as I was able to join them up till the day before the baby was delivered. We were celibate until the wedding so this was so fulfilling. God blessed us with a bouncing baby boy and we have been back to love making since 13weeks after the baby. Our relationship has gotten better, we communicate well and neither of us has difficulty saying sorry. I do not want my wife to get mad and she avoids getting me mad too. To someone else, my wife may be such an incompetent wife and to another woman, I may be too finicky for a man but we have been ok with each other. She is fast settling down to the wife role and we are completely opened to each other about everything. God indeed answers prayers. I thank God I did not make the mistake of letting her go and I am trusting God to continue to help us.

27 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Pastor Joshua Ajagunigbala Divorces Wife As Herbalist Dies On Top Of Her / Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger / My Wife Arrested Me For Slapping Her, We Have Lost Wife Materials - Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.