Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Eagles Snub 'pained' Joseph Akpala - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Snub 'pained' Joseph Akpala (996 Views)

Echiejile Engages Akpala’s Sister / Keshi Snubs Eneramo For Akpala / Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Snub 'pained' Joseph Akpala by nini1: 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2012
Club Brugge striker Joseph Akpala has revealed he is “pained” that he has been overlooked by Nigeria despite scoring 21 goals this season.

Akpala has scored 14 goals in the Belgian league and he is also credited with seven in the UEFA Europa League.

However, the 25-year-old striker, who was first capped in 2008, has been overlooked most recently by the Super Eagles even though he has proved to be one of the country’s most prolific marksmen in Europe.

“Well, it is painful not getting called up for the Eagles when it is obvious that I am doing well,” said the striker who has scored two goals in seven appearances for Nigeria.

“But I can’t force it. I have not let that weigh me down and that was why I keep doing well. I am sure I will get the chance soonest.

“I have been overlooked in the past but still got the call and I thank God I did not disappoint anytime I am in Eagles. I am optimistic I will get my chance under coach Stephen Keshi soon.”

Akpala also told MTNFootball.com that he has received “a lot” of offers to leave Brugge, but he still has a season left on his contract with the top Belgian club and he will have to wait till the summer to decide on his future.

He equally spoke about his goals this season and his hopes in the Belgian championship playoffs after the regular season ended on Wednesday.

http://kdksports..com/2012/03/eagles-snub-pained-joseph-akpala.html

(1) (Reply)

God Showed Me The First Half; Chelsea Needs Prayers- TB. Joshua / Usain Bolt Wanted Chelsea to Lose Champions League / Confusion In The Ethiopian Camp Ahead Of Afcon..... *good For Nigeria*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.