Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:05 PM

Why Are Indian Employers So Selfish - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are Indian Employers So Selfish (1671 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Employers So Demanding? (picture) / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? / Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Indian Employers So Selfish by stephen121(f): 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2012
My friend works for an Indian and they pay them less than the normal rate. He is a fresh graduate from the University of Cape town, yet they want the certificate that shows that he completed his degree, he already gave them his graduation letter and transcript to prove that he has completed his studies, this will only be possible until after his graduation as a result they still cut 20 percent from the stipend they pay. They use any available means to cut your salary, you can't call with the company's phone, you can't print your personal stuff even if its one page, you have a a specific bandwidth to use every day, else you will be disconnected. At the end of the month he gets nothing less than 2000 rands when his mates in other companies get 25000 rands monthly. They also want him to travel to neighbouring countries for some duties without giving him travel allowance. Luckily he got another job and they pay him well. Why are Indian employers so selfish when they make a lot of money
Re: Why Are Indian Employers So Selfish by tanimola22: 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2012
You mean the guy gets just above 2,000 while his colleagues get 25,000? Wow. Explain.
Re: Why Are Indian Employers So Selfish by stephen121(f): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
His ex classmates working for other organisations
Re: Why Are Indian Employers So Selfish by mission08: 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
I once worked in an indian company and the treatment was just the same. They were making huge sales but their salary was peanut. Then I just finished my university degree and was waiting to go for NYSC, I only accepted their offer of N23,000 naira monthly because I knew I would be there just for a couple of months. I used to wonder how the married ones with kids were coping cos to me the so called salary was a stipend. And to cap it all, those indians would make you work as if there is no tomorrow.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Simple Steps To Reach Financial Freedom Before Reaching 30 / h / Eview, Stata, Spss - Earn From Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.