Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (160381 Views)

Anatomy?,physiology?,or Medical Biochem? HELP!!! / **New**Opportunity for PHYSIOLOGY ,HUMAN ANATOMY and other BSc Graduates / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 20, 2015
Liverpoolfc:
medical sales representative of pharmaceutical companies. just make a good grade, you will be happy you studied physiology. make sure you know your pharmacology. I am doing my MSC physiology now. in my class, I am the only one with first degree physiology, the rest have MBBS. if physiology is not good, what are these doctors looking for? I believe there is future for physiologist which we don't know.
You are right bros, out of 7 of us currently undergoing training in M.Sc physiology in a Nigerian university, 6 of us are medical doctors and a physiotherapist. The simple explanation is that universities need medical doctors in Basic Medical Sciences in order to secure and maintain their accreditation to run MBBS programme. Without a sizeable number of medical doctors in departments of Human Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry and Pharmacology a university may loose accreditation to graduate medical doctors.
As suggested by many people above if you have a B.Sc kindly enroll for PG programmes, M.Sc and PhD. These ones have better career opportunity than those with B. Sc only.
Best of luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by iamdeclan(m): 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
joker5180:

You are right bros, out of 7 of us currently undergoing training in M.Sc physiology in a Nigerian university, 6 of us are medical doctors and a physiotherapist. The simple explanation is that universities need medical doctors in Basic Medical Sciences in order to secure and maintain their accreditation to run MBBS programme. Without a sizeable number of medical doctors in departments of Human Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry and Pharmacology a university may loose accreditation to graduate medical doctors.
As suggested by many people above if you have a B.Sc kindly enroll for PG programmes, M.Sc and PhD. These ones have better career opportunity than those with B. Sc only.
Best of luck.
Tanks boss. plz,i need project and seminar topics under GIT or INSULIN UPTAKE. ya help wil be appreciated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by HitlerGaddafi: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
femijck:
im a final yr studnt of unilorin too (physiology) but i thank God that i really knw wat ahead of me in my career path....plz wat d criteria for that masters?
Sorry bro I just stumbled upon this piece even if its been a long while you posted it but pls what year did you graduate from unilorin bms?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by HitlerGaddafi: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by femijck(m): 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
HitlerGaddafi:

Sorry bro I just stumbled upon this piece even if its been a long while you posted it but pls what year did you graduate from unilorin bms?
'13 set...'D eagle'
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by HitlerGaddafi: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by femijck(m): 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
HitlerGaddafi:

u knew this girl called jumoke? she was ur course mate. BVO or olayaki were probably the hod then..can't really remember.
yes i knw her and olayaki was d hod...so wu ar u?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by HitlerGaddafi: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by olasmith10(m): 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
Madeu:

Physiotherapy is a professional course that have various area of specialities, in Nigeria and some other countries impossible.

why are u misleading dem...physiotherapy/ medical rehabilitation/ occupational therapy accepts basic medical graduates for advance study both home and abroad.... radiography also called medical imaging accepts anatomy nd oda BMS graduates for advance studies...
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Madeu(m): 3:22am On Jul 20, 2015
olasmith10:

why are u misleading dem...physiotherapy/ medical rehabilitation/ occupational therapy accepts basic medical graduates for advance study both home and abroad.... radiography also called medical imaging accepts anatomy nd oda BMS graduates for advance studies...

I'm not misleading them. Having checked PG requirements of Medical rehab in home and some countries never seen such.

You can post links of Universities that allow such to disprove me.

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by olasmith10(m): 9:30am On Jul 20, 2015
Madeu:

I'm not misleading them. Having checked PG requirements of Medical rehab in home and some countries never seen such.

You can post links of Universities that allow such to disprove me.

Alrt...I will do dat as soon as possible.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Madeu(m): 6:51am On Jul 22, 2015
olasmith10:

Alrt...I will do dat as soon as possible.
Waiting......
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by roniex2(f): 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello physiologists and physiology students, I have just been offered admission to study physiology, Pls what are the employment opportunities, I learnt lecturing is the only surest way for physiologists
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 06, 2015
roniex2:
Hello physiologists and physiology students, I have just been offered admission to study physiology, Pls what are the employment opportunities, I learnt lecturing is the only surest way for physiologists
You can work anywhere. But if you want to work as a 'physiologist' then lecturing is the main option available.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by drlizzy(f): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2015
Does anyone have an idea when and where the next anatomical society of west Africa conference holds
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by preciousnobel(m): 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
Any Physiology graduate from Lautech here?

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by roniex2(f): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
Good afternoon physiology students In the house, My sister studies physiology in university of Ilorin. but I want to ask if its possible for her to finish with physiology, obtain her B.sc and later go to study medicine, if yes, What level would she return to thou she wanted medicine initially, thanks
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by roniex2(f): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
joker5180:
You can work anywhere. But if you want to work as a 'physiologist' then lecturing is the main option available.
Thanks, I actually asked cos of my sis, am a medical student
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
roniex2:

Thanks, I actually asked cos of my sis, am a medical student
Congrats and good luck! Am a medical doctor and a lecturer in human physiology.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by saheed2532(m): 11:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
EXPENSIVE MISTAKES YOU MUST NOT MAKE IN LIFE

In order not a live a live of frustration, one must plan. This lady ended up destroying her life because she made the following mistakes http:///1VmZOoi Click here to continue http:///1VmZOoi
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Lordabas: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
Pls house i hear anatomists work in the mortuary, how true is this?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by MizteaTee: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
@liverpoolfc, how has been your experience as a med. Rep in solidum. I have interview in the company, but have been hearing some gist about the company
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by angiography(m): 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
roniex2:
Good afternoon physiology students In the house, My sister studies physiology in university of Ilorin. but I want to ask if its possible for her to finish with physiology, obtain her B.sc and later go to study medicine, if yes, What level would she return to thou she wanted medicine initially, thanks
200l
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by alphalpha(m): 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
Graduates of Physiology and Anatomy can now study medicine in 4 years with NUC's new directive.

http://www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2015/11/nuc-approves-four-year-career-change-mbbs-program-for-non-medical-health-professionals

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Larryzeez(m): 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
femijck:
'13 set...'D eagle'
femi is dat u?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by medpren: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
Are you a Graduate of Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry or any other BMS discipline? Learn to become an entrepreneur with your BMS knowledge.
Your knowledge is valuable.

The best way to guarantee your future is to create it- Stephen .G. Haines
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by pinessspicy: 11:51am On Dec 02, 2015
Please help!!! Studied human physiology..I was posted to a general hospital for my NYSC..but am confused. Don't know my function there...what should I do pls?

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Zaronxpanol(f): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
My dear congrats on ur posting, I am a foreign trained ANATOMIST turned BANKER....u can assist effectively in d laboratory, mostly in haematology and blood transfusion lab as a physiologist and u can also assist in d physiotherapy department as a physiologist...Go and read ur Blood and Body fluid as well as nerves and Muscle very well so dat u can easily adapt....In 2015 internet is knowledge and not 4 facebook alone and knowledge is power, gone are d days wen u blame lecturers or ur school 4 not teaching u...Its u dey are seeing now and not ur lecturer or ur school....Please prove dem wrong dat a physiologist can stand out..U are lucky 2 be posted 2 d hospital , majority of us dat studied ANATOMY didn't get such opportunities we have moved 2 oda professions and sectors like BANKING etc ...Enjoy ur service year

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Jonero25: 1:22am On Dec 08, 2015
3 THINGS THAT WILL SHOCK YOU ABOUT THE NEW POLICY DIRECTION OF MEDICAL EDUCATION IN NIGERIA. October 22, 2015 / admin / 2 Comments The news was a pleasant one. It came as a surprise, more of a pleasant shock!!! The bearer of this piece of news came prepared, knowing him as an astute intellectual. He timing was perfect and precise; since he delivered his lecture at a time and place that everybody considers appropriate. Enough of this description, don’t you agree? Professor Joshua Ogbonnaya, Renowned surgeon and currently the Provost, College of Medicine and Surgery, Gregory University Uturu, was the bearer of the good news. It was at the medical induction ceremony of students in the College of Medicine And Surgery Madonna University, Elele Rivers State. The medical induction happened on the 20th, October 2015. Recall that Prof Ogbonnaya was at a time the Dean, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Madonna University. He announced that from March 2016, there would be major changes to the curriculum and activities with respect to the award of MBBS in all medical schools in Nigeria. He stressed that this was the latest development coming from the National Universities Commission (NUC) and the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN). Most Nigerian universities offering Medicine and surgery, as an undergraduate course, peg the course duration between 6 – 9 years. However this is to be made uniform. The 3 major changes expected to be in effect from next year are; 1. The era of moving directly from secondary school into medical school will be a thing of the past, because from next year, it becomes compulsory for students to first acquire a Bachelors degree from any Basic Medical course, Bsc Anatomy or Bsc Physiology, for 4 years. 2. After which you can proceed to a College of Medicine for a 3-year clinical exposure, before the award of the MBBS degree. This would add up to be 7 years of training, with the result that candidates graduates with two degrees added to their portfolio. 3. This privilege have also been extended to other para-medical/ health science courses, like Nursing Science, Optometry, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science and others. Rather than staying 3 years as described in the 2nd point, these groups of persons will stay 4 years, for clinical exposure, before they would be awarded of the MBBS degree. Prof Joshua Ogbonnaya also stressed that this development is coming at this time considering that the Doctor-to-patient ratio, in Nigeria, is still a far cry from the standard, as prescribed by UNESCO. What is your take on this? Do you see any good in this new policy shift? Or would you rather we continued and maintained the status quo?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Jonero25: 1:26am On Dec 08, 2015
Liverpoolfc:
My fellow physiologist it seems to me dt there is hidden treasure in physiology. Do you knw dt the no if mbbs graduates doing msc physiology is more than
graduates? They hv left residency. Eg in my class, they are upto 10 far more than physiologist.
. Please which school are you doing your postgraduate studies?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online / Oil Workers Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.