Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (12228 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / President Of World Bank, Jim Yong Kim, Commends D'banj / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 23, 2012
manchy7531: i don't believe sahararepoters.it is bgot site that has hatred for anything Jonathan and his government officials.

that was how they publish a report of Jonathan's candidate for pdp chairmanship being disgrace and defeated at the pdp convention which was a big lie. saharareporters is the worst site ever.lies,propaganda,bigotry and mis-information

what you should be concerned about is why obama doesnt want that fatty bombom !
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by wizard010(m): 6:01pm On Mar 23, 2012
Funkymallam:

Na ji, dan iska grin

Muma fa munaje hausa yan iska grin
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by JacobReamen(m): 6:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
madam, most at times the closure of road "A" possibly opens road "B" now that the world bank job has failed, u can still help to improve the nigerian economy. God bless nigeria thank u.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by wizard010(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2012
nasty45: dan boroba.shege.warnka.pesn teach mallam sth e d curse am.lil 1da d wan gv dem almajiri skul
why una dey insult ur sef na? dan ubanku sad
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by lacasa: 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2012
yorke: She get the position or not is not going to change the price of petrol. so who cares?

Gba!!
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by CuteTj(m): 6:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
Acidosis: What do you expect? NOI is not a member of illuminati
ahn ahn! You have come up with silly conspiracy theory to cover up your failure.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by ZUBY77(m): 6:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
Okonjo Iweala can easily be manipulated. I never hoped that she will get the job cos i know she will not. Let her concentrate on her ministry here and we will evaluate her later.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by manchy7531: 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
Nigerians are cursed.that is why your country will never progress.shame on you all.you are suppose to be the leading light but you have turned yourselves to a laughing stoke to the outside world just imagine all the rubbish you people are posting on this site about your daughter that the blacks/africa/developing world is proud to have and the world is reading everything.shame on you people.you don't like your selves, you don't like your country then how do you expect the world to like you.you say ghanaians and south africans do like you, you call south africans xenophobi but you guys are the most tribalistic set of africans."a man who is rejected can't reject himselves" but you guys reject yourselves and expect the world to accept you.?SSSSHHHAAAAAMMMMEEEE on you.very soon it will be igbo,youba,hausa,north, south, east, west,pdp,acn,apga,cpc,oil,parasite.FOOLs

1 Like

Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2012
manchy7531: Nigerians are cursed.that is why your country will never progress.shame on you all.you are suppose to be the leading light but you have turned yourselves to a laughing stoke to the outside world just imagine all the rubbish you people are posting on this site about your daughter that the blacks/africa/developing world is proud to have and the world is reading everything.shame on you people.you don't like your selves, you don't like your country then how do you expect the world to like you.you say ghanaians and south africans do like you, you call south africans xenophobi but you guys are the most tribalistic set of africans."a man who is rejected can't reject himselves" but you guys reject yourselves and expect the world to accept you.?SSSSHHHAAAAAMMMMEEEE on you.very soon it will be igbo,youba,hausa,north, south, east, west,pdp,acn,apga,cpc.FOOLs

So Nigerians are cursed because ngozi was not given the appointment abi ? Something is wrong with you and you need help.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by emmysam2: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2012
manchy7531: Nigerians are cursed.that is why your country will never progress.shame on you all.you are suppose to be the leading light but you have turned yourselves to a laughing stoke to the outside world just imagine all the rubbish you people are posting on this site about your daughter that the blacks/africa/developing world is proud to have and the world is reading everything.shame on you people.you don't like your selves, you don't like your country then how do you expect the world to like you.you say ghanaians and south africans do like you, you call south africans xenophobi but you guys are the most tribalistic set of africans."a man who is rejected can't reject himselves" but you guys reject yourselves and expect the world to accept you.?SSSSHHHAAAAAMMMMEEEE on you.very soon it will be igbo,youba,hausa,north, south, east, west,pdp,acn,apga,cpc,oil,parasite.FOOLs

Manchy7531. What is all the general insults on Nigerians about? I believe you are aware that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Obviously, opinions on this subject matter has been varied. Who gave you the authority to post such insults on the generality of Nigerians? Nigerians demand an unreserved apology from you immediately!
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by emmysam2: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2012
manchy7531: Nigerians are cursed.that is why your country will never progress.shame on you all.you are suppose to be the leading light but you have turned yourselves to a laughing stoke to the outside world just imagine all the rubbish you people are posting on this site about your daughter that the blacks/africa/developing world is proud to have and the world is reading everything.shame on you people.you don't like your selves, you don't like your country then how do you expect the world to like you.you say ghanaians and south africans do like you, you call south africans xenophobi but you guys are the most tribalistic set of africans."a man who is rejected can't reject himselves" but you guys reject yourselves and expect the world to accept you.?SSSSHHHAAAAAMMMMEEEE on you.very soon it will be igbo,youba,hausa,north, south, east, west,pdp,acn,apga,cpc,oil,parasite.FOOLs

Manchy7531. What is all the general insults on Nigerians about? I believe you are aware that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Obviously, opinions on this subject matter has been varied. Who gave you the authority to post such insults on the generality of Nigerians? Nigerians demand an unreserved apology from you immediately!
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Vergil: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
emmysam2: Am not surprised about Obama's nomination. Ngozi Iweala may have the credentials & credibility for the job(and perhaps be the top notch for the job), but it doesnt work that way! There are more to International politics than mere sentiments and rhetorics. The World Bank Presidency job is a big, big positon. Diverse economic interests are at staked. Just maybe the Developed countries are willing to concede the position to an "Emerging Economy" but definitely not to any country that they believe cannot protect "the interests at Stake". Ngozi Iweala has an uphill task contending for the prestigeous job. Even if she doesnt get the job, it is noteworthy to acknowledge it in the anals of history that she was credible enough to be nominated. I stroongly wish her a big success at this Herculean ambition!

There are loads other people credible for the Job. Heads of Business schools, other Finance ministers, senior staffs at World Bank itself etc.

Personally, I think its better she doesn't get nominated. She herself aint as "good/fair" as we thought she'd be. Read a lot about her and her brother (brother I think). She's loving the money and wants more. This is not about patriotism or wot not. You lot going on like she should get it, how on earth would it reaaally affect ur lives?
I'm yet to see what she's reaaally doing in her current ministerial post. Obasonjo spotted some "crookedness" in her, when he sacked her under his regime. Etc. B4 some of you go on to say, nobody is clean in posts like these. Well, she's from a developing country, she aint done shiit to develop the country. And don't quote or mention achievements that involved other prominent nigerian citizens.
It would have been nice tho if Kim wasn't based in the US. But now one can say... oh well, its politics after all.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by lovejo(m): 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2012
Untill we can confirm it from other source, Sahara reporter do not have rep in WH.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by badesco(m): 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2012
It is not a new thing, because America is known for playing double standard and moreso corruption is still on the increase in Nigeria, so it is expected. Ngozi baby,had it been you are not from Nigeria may be you will have gotten the ticket to be the next world bank president. i will advise that you change your nationality immediately.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by ade80: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2012
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by 1025: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2012
a woman that preached to us(nigerians) to accept hardship in the name of fuel subsidy removal is not worth been the world bank governor.
she escaped from obasanjo and world bank brought her back yet she came back to corruption(pdp) now, she is finished. let her continue with these destiny killers and relax herself in the house of corruption - nigeria
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by niddamugu(m): 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
Atigba: [b][/b]Bleep Obama.....this is racism.....Obama this is my word to you... may you never return as the America president....Nonsense

What is racism there? Is Obama not black? Is he not an African descent? Use your brain boy.

I wished she was nominated for the job not because i wanted her in there but because i wanted her out of here and as fast as possible. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Vergil: 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2012

You should actually be ashamed of urself. Heck, pple wud be shaking their heads at you. You really are nothing more than an ignoran dummbo! I'm sorry, rarely do this. Aint even spoken like this on this forum. But u just remind me of some Nigerian pple that just "go with the flow" for the no important reason. You obviously are gunning for her cos she's Nigerian. What happened to gunning for quality pple.
Think pple should reaally get into politics for the wrong reasons, do nothing but have fairly good media coverage. So they could be rest assured dummbo fans like u would keep supporting them, giving them more opportunities to retain their post.
And you're supposedly in a good uni...OAU. And can't brush up on ur news...nonsense
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Nnenna1(f): 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2012
Interesting and surprising choice from obama. Kim only has a background in health, is a doctor and holds a post as president of Dartmouth University. A little out there for a finance position. There are much stronger American candidates than Kim but I guess Obama has his reasons.

If the position is to be given strictly by merit then Iweala is the strongest candidate of the three nominees announced. Actually it seems like Obama's choice has increased her chance of getting this slot. I doubted her chances before but hmmm. America calls the shots though so by virtue of that Kim will most likely win.

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see - so far we have Iweala (Nigeria), Kim (South Korea/USA), and Ocampo (Colombia) for nomination.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by lovejo(m): 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Adagba1: 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2012
Obama is an enemy of Nigerians,if not he would have allowed this enemy of Nigerians to take an exit door for our collective happiness. ;DObama is an enemy of Nigerians,if not he would have allowed this enemy of Nigerians to take an exit door for our collective happiness.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2012
Has anyone else seem Kim jong Kim in action? The guy is a good rapper, even as president of Dartmouth college.

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lHKJEp5e-8[/flash]
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by collinsfbi(m): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
Nnenna1: Interesting and surprising choice from obama. Kim only has a background in health, is a doctor and holds a post as president of Dartmouth University. A little out there for a finance position. There are much stronger American candidates than Kim but I guess Obama has his reasons.

If the position is to be given strictly by merit then Iweala is the strongest candidate of the three nominees announced. Actually it seems like Obama's choice has increased her chance of getting this slot. I doubted her chances before but hmmm. America calls the shots though so by virtue of that Kim will most likely win.

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see - so far we have Iweala (Nigeria), Kim (South Korea/USA), and Ocampo (Colombia) for nomination.

Hahaha, I have always been saying it in other threads that her past role in Nigeria political activities will stand against her. Obama brilliancy is inborn, what some fools who fight in the name of tribalism cannot see obama can see it from afar. Someone who cannot control the finances of Nigerian govenment is nominated to control the world bank. It's not all about credentials and qualifications, it's all about tranparency, accountability and capability. Her role in the fuel cubsidy saga will not allow her, call NOI, madueke, Sanusi, GEJ and ask all of them how many per litre of fuel do Nigerians consume per day, they will all fumble and say different things. She collaborated with Nigerian Govt to decieve many gullible Nigerians, they use her as a tool to inflict pain on many in the name of palliative, refinery and others therafter GEJ anounced that no more palliative and FG is planning to build refinery abroad. Liesssss, she is deceitful, dishonest, egoistic, full of forceful and dangerous policies and some some think obama is gullible like some fools who called themselves Nigerians.What many gullible who are blinded by tribalism cannot see while standing and jumping, obama can see it when sitting or sleeping with eyes closed

Gbamm over and out

1 Like

Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by blackboi(m): 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
Felt damn indifferent
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by shadrach77: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2012
the source of the report is sahara news so i will advice everyone to take it with a pinch of salt smiley smiley smiley
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2012
shadrach77: the source of the report is sahara news so i will advice everyone to take it with a pinch of salt smiley smiley smiley

Obama choice is Kim Jong Kim. I can confirm it.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by mufc009(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2012
collinsfbi:

Hahaha, I have always been saying it in other threads that her past role in Nigeria political activities will stand against her. Obama brilliancy is inborn, what some fools who fight in the name of tribalism cannot see obama can see it from afar. Someone who cannot control the finances of Nigerian govenment is nominated to control the world bank. It's not all about credentials and qualifications, it's all about tranparency, accountability and capability. Her role in the fuel cubsidy saga will not allow her, call NOI, madueke, Sanusi, GEJ and ask all of them how many per litre of fuel do Nigerians consume per day, they will all fumble and say different things. She collaborated with Nigerian Govt to decieve many gullible Nigerians, they use her as a tool to inflict pain on many in the name of palliative, refinery and others therafter GEJ anounced that no more palliative and FG is planning to build refinery abroad. Liesssss, she is deceitful, dishonest, egoistic, full of forceful and dangerous policies and some some think obama is gullible like some fools who called themselves Nigerians.What many gullible who are blinded by tribalism cannot see while standing and jumping, obama can see it when sitting or sleeping with eyes closed

Gbamm over and out
I re-gbam what you said,true talk

1 Like

Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Nnenna1(f): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2012
collinsfbi:

Gbamm over and out

I wasn't even commenting or thinking of tribe rather possible outcomes of this scenario.

I hope the outburst has relieved some of the tension you must be feeling.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by KINGwax(m): 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
Make that frog-faced smiley b¡tch go abeg. And even though obama dey use style do politics, he registered a nice point. Wetin the (i repeat) frog-faced smiley b¡tch dey do for nigeria except making things worst?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Afam4eva(m): 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2012
ZAMERUDEEN FPI: I support Obama, Ngozi has done nothing to improve d living condition of an average nigerian.
1diot. Is she your president? You should be laying all your worries in the doorstep of GEJ and not Ngozi.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by lapazarian: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2012
What value would she really add as world bank president?

Nigerians, quit daydreaming and let us face our problems square. The potential is huge, everybody acknowledges this worldwide but we have to make it work by fixing fundamental issues such as corruption and and weeding out agents of disunity.

Our people in the diaspora have only really helped themselves and a Nigerian world bank president to me is just a novelty.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim by Austinio: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2012
Has she cum out 2 say she want d job. No 4get say 4 naija she de control moni but 4 world bank na only papers she go de sign.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Mourns Ras Kimono, Calls Him Unforgettable Reggae Giant!! / Buhari Directs Security Agencies To Ensure Nothing Stops Anambra Guber Election / Uche Secondus’s Suspension Suit Stalled At Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.