Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures (16865 Views)

Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) / ::unaab Mini Campus Moves To Permanent New Site - Construction Works Begin Immed / Imo State University Post Ume Info; Dept. Cut Off, Closing & Exam Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Marlboro1: 2:57am On Mar 24, 2012
Imo State's Action Governor Rochas Okorocha is making good his promise to build one of the best universities in the world in Ideator. Information I have is work is already in progress at the permanent site.While some people are still threatening hail and brimstone should Imo University be moved to a permanent site, information reaching me is that work is at advanced stage as we speak. These construction pictures were sent to me by a friend.

1 Like

Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by EkoIle1: 4:32am On Mar 24, 2012
lmao
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by pistol: 8:43am On Mar 24, 2012
Those pics looks pathetic.Universities are know for their landmark buildings not those classroom blocks that he is erecting.In the intrest of equity rochas should relocate the university back to mbaise.I heard that ideato dnt hv underground water with unfavourable soil and harsh climate
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by extension: 10:05am On Mar 24, 2012
@pistol
pls explain what you mean by underground water,soil and harsh wether in ideator?
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by xtianh(m): 10:12am On Mar 24, 2012
Thank God that pictures has started coming i cant wait for this skul to be completed... Kudos to Rochas nd well meaning Imolites.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by KingsleyAmanze(m): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2012
Kudos to u Owelle..
U're d man to take us to d promise land
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by obicentlis: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2012
[quote author=pistol]Those pics looks pathetic.Universities are know for their landmark buildings not those classroom blocks that he is erecting.In the intrest of equity rochas should relocate the university back to mbaise.I heard that ideato dnt hv underground water with unfavourable soil and harsh climate[/quote
you are one of the problems we have in Nigeria. Relocation of school shouldnt be a topic for disqualifying a hardworking Governor that is achieving feats which Udenwa and Ohakim couldnt achieve. Am at the site now, you need to see the quality of work going on there. These project when completed will be second to none to any University in Nigeria. As a contractor that has worked for many Govts, this project should be applauded cos it takes a great political will for a state govt to embark on this kinda project.
The environment is as favourably as anything. Geologists are on ground at the site, the have drilled about six portable borehole with i took this morning.
We should all give this man the support to entirely rescue imo, which he is doing.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by obicentlis: 10:23am On Mar 24, 2012
this is just the tip, whoever that took this pix didnt capture my own building. This is just the admin block that looks exactly like the deputy governor's new office in owerri.
Enough work are going on. Owelle is on the rescue mission.
Carry go my able governor!
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by drake99: 11:17am On Mar 24, 2012
@pistol, I wonder what God created in human, there is nothin you can do that you cant get critics,a project that every1 is praising even rotimi amechi(river state governor) did so, a project we were'nt dreaming of seeing in next century, yet som1 is here saying it looks pathetic,hmmm... Human being sef, me i wonder o...
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by KINGwax(m): 11:24am On Mar 24, 2012
I commend his good works, bt em, is that a private secondary school? Cos i see better structures at mercy's nursery and primary school here o
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by ACM10: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2012
Rochas should drop his penchant for hype and concentrate on the real work. The photos of the construction works looks pathetic at this stage. But I'll give a pass as of now. I'll wait till the work is mostly complete before I tender my critique of the quality of the work. From what I saw in the photo, the whole work lacks of style and glamour
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by aryzgreat: 11:33am On Mar 24, 2012
kudos to d action govnor, Rochas owelle!
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by scriptwizz: 11:33am On Mar 24, 2012
drake99: @pistol, I wonder what God created in human, there is nothin you can do that you cant get critics,a project that every1 is praising even rotimi amechi(river state governor) did so, a project we were'nt dreaming of seeing in next century, yet som1 is here saying it looks pathetic,hmmm... Human being sef, me i wonder o...

thats not critics, i think thats folly. some people dont have reasonable argument. yet they find themselves on NL.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by emron1(m): 11:38am On Mar 24, 2012
pistol: Those pics looks pathetic.Universities are know for their landmark buildings not those classroom blocks that he is erecting.In the intrest of equity rochas should relocate the university back to mbaise.I heard that ideato dnt hv underground water with unfavourable soil and harsh climate
i am a very proud son of the great mbaise but i would prefeer having the perm site in awka than the current hell hole we have as a university provided the new one would be great.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by JoeMosco(m): 11:39am On Mar 24, 2012
In as much as I commend the fact that IMSU should be removed from the heart of Owerri, moving it to Ideato is a gross maginalization to Mbaise..... There should be equitable presence of Government presence in all parts of the State.... I hereby solicit that our amiable governor should site an equal project at Mbaise.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:42am On Mar 24, 2012
Marlboro1: Imo State's Action Governor Rochas Okorocha is making good his promise to build one of the best universities in the world in Ideator. Information I have is work is already in progress at the permanent site.While some people are still threatening hail and brimstone should Imo University be moved to a permanent site, information reaching me is that work is at advanced stage as we speak. These construction pictures were sent to me by a friend.

^^^I'm underwhelmed i have to say. There doesn't seem to be a capable construction firm (with the necessary equipment like cranes and mixers, etc) on site to build world-class structures, if -as you say- Rochas promised to build one of the best Universities in the world. The quality of buildings and an appealing aesthetic layout are prerequisites to achieving one of the best Universities in the world on the scale of Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge.

Personally i don't think the Governor should have embarked on the construction of a brand new University site given the paucity of funds at the moment. I know improving education in Imo State is one of his priorities, but it's better he uses the little revenue available on targeted areas like rural and urban roads, primary and secondary schools, healthcare, tourism, and creating an enabling environment for investors. He shouldn't spread the states resources too thinly, and end up constructing sub-standard roads and buildings. It would be nice to see roads and other constructions of the same quality as the ones in Akwa Ibom ( http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=801816 ).

Anyone contributing ideas/suggestions should be constructive/civil in their critique.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by ACM10: 11:45am On Mar 24, 2012
Come o. . .

Why does the billboard picture carry American flag? undecided
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by mother2: 11:56am On Mar 24, 2012
WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING VERY WELL.I AM A FIRM AGITATOR FOR THE RELOCATION OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS FROM THE HEART OF OWERRI BECAUSE OF ITS ATTENDANT CONTRIBUTION TO CONGESTION,ACCOMMODATION CONSTRAINTS,CRIME AND PROSTITUTION FOR WHICH IMO STATE UNIVERSITY IS NOTORIOUS FOR,BUT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN BEST TO TAKE THE SCHOOL TO THE NGOR/OKPALLA-MBAISE PERMANENT SITE? BEFORE ANYBODY CRUCIFIES ME,KNOW THAT REASONS FOR THE GOVERNOR TAKING THE SCHOOL TO HIS PLACE IS FIRSTLY TO CURRY APPLAUSE FROM HIS PEOPLE WHICH IS NOT BAD AND SECONDLY TO MAKE SURE THAT MOST PARAMETERS FOR STATE CREATION IS MET BY THE PROPOSED ORLU/NJABA STATE. DO NOT FORGET THAT THE PRESENT IMO POLY WILL FALL WITHIN THIS AXIS TOO.THE GOVERNOR HAS BEEN DOING SO WELL BUT I THINK THIS IS UNFAIR TO THE MBAISE/NGOR OKPALA PEOPLE. ANYWAY,THE PEOPLE THEY HAVE THAT CAN OPPOSE THIS HAVE MORTGAGED THEIR CONSCIENCE, SO BE IT. THEY CAN HAVE THEIR SAY BUT OWELLE WILL HAVE HIS WAY.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by pistol: 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
I still insist that those uploaded pics looks pathetic.An administrative/senate building that looks like a block of flats.They have used politics to bas/tardise and balkanise the university for their own selfish reasons.I doubt if they conducted an EIA before siting the university there in his governors backyard.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2012
Finally we are seeing pictures. keep'em coming.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by executinal(m): 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2012
Nice job OWELLE ROCHAS OKOROCHA IS THE MAN cool cool
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by obicentlis: 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2012
pistol: I still insist that those uploaded pics looks pathetic.An administrative/senate building that looks like a block of flats.They have used politics to bas/tardise and balkanise the university for their own selfish reasons.I doubt if they conducted an EIA before siting the university there in his governors backyard.
go to the government house, ask of the deputy governor's office, the building u will see there that was constructed by Rochas is a replica of the admin block.
Stop all these bias comments!
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by NEROSKY(m): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2012
i hope we have such person in Enugu State....Sulivan has struck us wif Strike instead, i jst laff his death grin
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by bittyend(m): 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2012
[size=14pt]WHY IS AN AMERICAN FLAG ON THAT BILLBOARD??

NIGERIANS AND THEIR SLAVE MENTALITY - WTF IS AN AMERICAN FLAG DOING ON THE BILLBOARD? IS IMO STATE AN AMERICAN COLONY?[/size]
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by ACM10: 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2012
executinal: Nice job OWELLE ROCHAS OKOROCHA IS THE MAN cool cool

Brother, these works are fuckkked! Let's stop all these stup!d praise-singing.
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Marlboro1: 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2012
bittyend: [size=14pt]WHY IS AN AMERICAN FLAG ON THAT BILLBOARD??

NIGERIANS AND THEIR SLAVE MENTALITY - WTF IS AN AMERICAN FLAG DOING ON THE BILLBOARD? IS IMO STATE AN AMERICAN COLONY?[/size]

One of the contractors is American based
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by friedrice1: 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2012
Pathetic .*smh*
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by ACM10: 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2012
Marlboro1:

One of the contractors is American based

he he he

that's a very lame excuse
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by NEROSKY(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2012
pistol: I still insist that those uploaded pics looks pathetic.An administrative/senate building that looks like a block of flats.They have used politics to bas/tardise and balkanise the university for their own selfish reasons.I doubt if they conducted an EIA before siting the university there in his governors backyard.
some people have stop doing good just that the little they did were not appreciated or commended..why should post such Odious an insidious comment
Ebi lik say U No sabi talk..!
Re: Imo State University Permanent Site Construction Pictures by Marlboro1: 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2012
obicentlis: this is just the tip, whoever that took this pix didnt capture my own building. This is just the admin block that looks exactly like the deputy governor's new office in owerri.
Enough work are going on. Owelle is on the rescue mission.
Carry go my able governor!

Thank you for supporting efforts of our governor. Can you or anyone share their own pictures if you have some. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? / How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? / ASUU Strike Suspension: Watch Moment ASUU Called Off Its 1 Month Strike (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.