Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,852 members, 7,802,730 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels (8202 Views)

Poll: Jamb should be sued for scaming over 1.5 million Nigerians this year. Jamb is synonymous with corruption. Do you agree?

Yes, i totally agree: 73% (49 votes)
Indifferent: 14% (10 votes)
No, it's not their fault: 5% (4 votes)
I'm confused: 5% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

James Hadley Chase Novels. Free Pdf Downloads / Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way / Jamb 2013 Utme Use Of English: The Summary Of The Two Novels; “the Successors” W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Youngsage: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2012
It appeared that majority of JAMBites this year devoted more time to reading the two recommended novels for use of English namely The Potter's Wheel and The Success than other aspects. But we have found out that it was a hoax from JAMB just to make candidates buy and read them. So what is your opinion about this issue?
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Youngsage: 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2012
Tobexin and others your opinions
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Odunnu: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2012
Are you serious? No questions from both novels?
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Excelboi(m): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2012
^^^ yap... They just allow people wastemoney and resources.

1 Like

Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
I think it'll help in other aspect.
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Bayils(m): 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2012
zameen: I think it'll help in other aspect.
in what aspect o....?
infact what pains me most is devoting 2days out of my precious time reading the so called novels !!! To me o it's just a waste of time and resources!!! anywayx they have their reason though"

-but why did they include it in their syllabuse when FULLY know that nothing is really coming out of it's side NONESENSE!!!!!
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Sommy4u(f): 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2012
criminals, they only use dat avenue to xtort money frm students rubbish
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by monkvirus(m): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2012
Well i think they just want the Nigerian students to cultivate the habit of reading undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Youngsage: 3:27pm On Mar 24, 2012
Its probably another scheme they devised to reduce the gross number of canditates seeking admission. But i personally believe its unfair, pple should learn 4rm this deceit o
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Bayils(m): 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2012
Youngsage: Its probably another scheme they devised to reduce the gross number of canditates seeking admission. But i personally believe its unfair, pple should learn 4rm this deceit o
yeah my bro you're really on point!! it's nothing but an absurdite way of doin thingsssx.. Still unfair.. Anywayxxxxxxxx,success shaaa cuz it can't be reversed,i just pity some students who devote all of their precious time reading novels instead of doin something beneficial to their progress who later,has nothing to write down in de exam..!
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Tolulopeze(m): 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2012
May God punish jamb! How can they Deceive Us? Well we hope for the best.
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by mcnepow(m): 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2012
Lemme reserve ma comments until i c the english question paper. .
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Immanuelar(m): 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2012
dats wot dey ar tryin to explian on passage 2

1 Like

Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by joe4christ(m): 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2012
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMB!!

God them!

Now i know that those syllabus crap is just bullsh!t means of scaming people of their money.
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Brite02(m): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2012
Youngsage: It appeared that majority of JAMBites this year devoted more time to reading the two recommended novels for use of English namely The Potter's Wheel and The Success than other aspects. But we have found out that it was a hoax from JAMB just to make candidates buy and read them. So what is your opinion about this issue?

when i checked the english question, i couldn't find anything relating to that novel, chei grin i was like, eeeeh!!! JAAAAAAMMMMBB wink

1 Like

Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Youngsage: 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]Only God knows, the authors might have even connived with jamb to share the proceeds from the illegal sales
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by matinos28(m): 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2012
am a novel reader myself and i read the potters wheel while in secondary school and i think its a great book so i wont consider this a total loss for the candidates. but then thats just my opinion
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by blackboi(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2012
Not to worry, they'll fix the 2 novels in post ume exam... Wish all'ya success
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by lagtim(m): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2012
if you didnt gain anything from reading those novels, then your written English must be impeccable and you shouldnt have any problem getting 85% in the Use of English. you guys shouldnt be short sighted as to think that they would lift questions from t he book.
i m guessing that the reason why they had to recommend those novels is that even the standard of English in our media stations [print media, television and radio] has fallen so badly that you are no longer sure you are reading/hearing the right thing by listening to the news and reading newspapers.
this is pathetic. dont blame JAMB for that.
during my time, we could still learn English by listening to the news and reading newspapers. reading novels was also one of the avenues for learning English.
We did it back then, you guys dont complain now.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Brite02(m): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2012
blackboi: Not too worry, they'll fix the 2 novels in post ume exam... Wish all'ya success

How do you know that Or, you just feel/think they will do that
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Bayils(m): 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2012
blackboi: Not too worry, they'll fix the 2 novels in post ume exam... Wish all'ya success
shey na jamb dey set post-utme exams....? Lolxxx
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Brite02(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2012
lagtim: if you didnt gain anything from reading those novels, then your written English must be impeccable and you shouldnt have any problem getting 85% in the Use of English. you guys shouldnt be short sighted as to think that they would lift questions from t he book.
i m guessing that the reason why they had to recommend those novels is that even the standard of English in our media stations [print media, television and radio] has fallen so badly that you are no longer sure you are reading/hearing the right thing by listening to the news and reading newspapers.
this is pathetic. dont blame JAMB for that.
during my time, we could still learn English by listening to the news and reading newspapers. reading novels was also one of the avenues for learning English.
We did it back then, you guys dont complain now.

yeah yeah you just reminded of the question in the use of english in this just concluded jamb, passage II, where the writer was talking about poooor reading culture amongst nigerian.... Was that why they introduce those two novels It may they brougt those novels So that people start to develop habit of reading, my guess..
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2012
Bayils: in what aspect o....?
infact what pains me most is devoting 2days out of my precious time reading the so called novels !!! To me o it's just a waste of time and resources!!! anywayx they have their reason though"

-but why did they include it in their syllabuse when FULLY know that nothing is really coming out of it's side NONESENSE!!!!!

It is because of terrible written English like yours and a whole lot of your peers out there they recommended those novels.

They wanted you generation of today youths to at least read "in details" at least two novels even if that's the only two you will read throughout your entire lifetime.

Youths of today pay leep attention to their written and spoken english is near dead. With everyone short typing even the shortest of words.

At least through that novel, you kids have managed to know some news words and their meaning?

1 Like

Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Wilfredng: 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
Youngsage: It appeared that majority of JAMBites this year devoted more time to reading the two recommended novels for use of English namely The Potter's Wheel and The Success than other aspects. But we have found out that it was a hoax from JAMB just to make candidates buy and read them. So what is your opinion about this issue?

They simply scammed Nigerians: See http://thewilfreds.com/aftermath-jamb-scams-1-5-million-nigerian-students-again/
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by lyndy69: 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2012
It is, to say a least, painfully sad that a reputable body like JAMB can pull this kind of stunt on a million+ Nigerian students.
It is not just fair cos so many Jambites stressed themselves almost to breaking points trying to read these novels at the last hour, following the buzz the novels generated online, with the hope of getting 25 marks.
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by mrnononsense: 4:56pm On Mar 24, 2012
dis jamb registrar or register self,i just dont knew d verb 2 qualify him self,last yr no calculator,dis yr novel whala afta wastin my precious time readin d novel self,afta i scan tru al d question,inshot he b lik say i dey dream,afta cramin al d xter in d novels frm obu 2 ifenne down 2 dat stuborn silence and david(d richest man)i wil continue 2 say dat coruption starts frm d grasrut and i dont belive it wil end so soon..just fèd up.
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Bayils(m): 5:13pm On Mar 24, 2012
talknafree:

It is because of terrible written English like yours and a whole lot of your peers out there they recommended those novels.

They wanted you generation of today youths to at least read "in details" at least two novels even if that's the only two you will read throughout your entire lifetime.

Youths of today pay leep attention to their written and spoken english is near dead. With everyone short typing even the shortest of words.

At least through that novel, you kids have managed to know some news words and their meaning?
really prof winky..... But wat about this your sentence should i call it a phrasabial sentence or what "" They wanted you generation of today youths to at least read "in details" "" THEY WANTED just try and learn how to address and replies on forum ok?? Don't contradict issues!
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by mrnononsense: 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2012
pls lets take it easy dis world day simple evribodi is entitle 2 his own opinion,and REMEMBa NO BODI IS PERFECT...
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Aloodunayo: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2012
Re: JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels by Petersvic10: 6:33pm On Mar 24, 2012
as 4 me, i saw ?'s 4rm d book. If u answered type yellow in english u will see ?'s From 36-65 taking from d potters wheel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stupidest Fish That Has No Response Even When Its Half Body Is Eaten. / Any Baptist Boys` High School,saje,abeokuta Old Student In The Forum / IMT And College Of Education Enugu Shut Down As NLC Strike Enters Day 3 In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.