Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice (18771 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2012
neyostica: Op, how you take catch HIV come clean

Is your question really relevant?

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by neyostica: 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2012
Siena:

Is your question really relevant?
YES! I wanna know if shes worth helpin
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 31, 2012
neyostica: Op, how you take catch HIV come clean

she got it from your mother's boyfriend you m.oron!

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by neyostica: 10:31am On Apr 01, 2012
torkaka:

she got it from my mother's boyfriend you m.oron!
Now that we know, sorry i cant help slut
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2012
neyostica:
Now that we know, sorry i cant help slut

can't be a better illiterate than you

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by 90love(f): 9:04pm On May 17, 2012
Oh my days if Nigeria is still ths behind then I feel so sorry for you. It is massive discrimination for you not to be employed on the basis of your health condition HIV does not affect your ability to work if it is being properly treated. It is against your human rights to be forced to disclose such information. It's not like your applying for a job within the healthcare sector where it would be required to disclose even still you are not discriminated by your condition. I hope you get the job. Don't be pressured into disclosing your status to your family if ou are not ready.
Good luck
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 17, 2012
applelady: Please ‎​♍Ɣ friends, I am HIV positive and my uncle who is un aware of my status wants to help me with a custom job, I'm wondering if customs discriminate against HIV people even though you look healthy. I'm in a dilemma cos I don't know what to tell my uncle, please house help me cos I'm scared.

Oh sorry to hear that dear. sad
However, if you really want it to happen, God is able to heal you of it...

This, though, depends greatly on your personal relationship with him....
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Johndoe100(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2012
2buff:

This one is high on something.

2 Likes

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by 90love(f): 12:47pm On May 22, 2012
2buff:

Please don't bring your foolishness on here and tell people nonsense this is people's lives your messing with! Don't give people false hope of your winchy rubbish. It's people like you that get HIV and think you can pray it away then continue spreading it. Your God will punish you 100x over for that idiotic comment. Don't be sorry for OP be sorry for yourself coz to me you seem worse off in this world of roses you have created.

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by dustydee: 5:59pm On May 29, 2012
Hi Applelady, They are not supposed to disclose your status to a third party. You can even sue them and they are not allowed by the laws of the land to discriminate against you. You can also have a normal relationship with someone who is not positive and live a healthy life and have healthy children so do not limit your options to dating HIV positive men only. Have an open mind and this is the time to draw close to God. He can heal you. Have you done another test to confirm your status? if not please do. Your status should not prevent you from getting a job if it does contact NACA or SFH or me and I will try to link you to SFH?

4 Likes

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by applelady(f): 4:05pm On May 30, 2012
@Dustydee, thanks for the moral support, I went for ‎​♍Ɣ first test in 2010 and since then I have been going for check up every 3 months but I have not gone for another test, if it was a false positive they would had found out since or wouldn't they? Though I have not started medication yet. I have ₪☺τ̅ contacted that ‎​♍Ɣ uncle since then cos of fear. Which Nigerian man would want to marry you knowing you are HIV positive?
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by maclatunji: 4:14pm On May 30, 2012
applelady: @Dustydee, thanks for the moral support, I went for ‎​♍Ɣ first test in 2010 and since then I have been going for check up every 3 months but I have not gone for another test, if it was a false positive they would had found out since or wouldn't they? Though I have not started medication yet. I have ₪☺τ̅ contacted that ‎​♍Ɣ uncle since then cos of fear. Which Nigerian man would want to marry you knowing you are HIV positive?

There is a thread on Nairaland where an HIV+ positive woman claims that her HIV- Fiance married her knowing her status, she even said that she now has an HIV- child. Unfortunately, I cannot find the thread anymore even after searching because I forgot the keywords that will match it in my search. My point is that it is possible!

However, the more likely scenario is that you find a HIV+ partner with very low virus count for marriage. You use protection during intercourse and take special treatment that will almost certainly guarantee that your children will be negative. I know these things are uncomfortable but they ensure that you can live a functional life without putting your entire world on hold.

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 30, 2012
applelady: Which Nigerian man would want to marry you knowing you are HIV positive?
I knw of about 4 different married couples whom either one of the spouse is negative. Contact your local State Action Committee on Aids (SACA. Through them you will meet other positive and negative individuals who are into HIV awareness. With time you might be lucky to get a partner.

3 Likes

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by EfemenaXY: 7:01pm On May 30, 2012
applelady: @Dustydee, thanks for the moral support, I went for ‎​♍Ɣ first test in 2010 and since then I have been going for check up every 3 months but I have not gone for another test, if it was a false positive they would had found out since or wouldn't they? Though I have not started medication yet. I have ₪☺τ̅ contacted that ‎​♍Ɣ uncle since then cos of fear. Which Nigerian man would want to marry you knowing you are HIV positive?

Was this when you were diagnosed as HIV + ?? If yes, then how come you haven't started on your course of medication?

This is 2012, two years later - what are you waiting for girl

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by applelady(f): 8:13pm On May 30, 2012
@efemena, I have been going for check up every three months and they said ‎​♍Ɣ CD4 count is still high thus I will ₪☺τ̅ be placed on medication till it gets to 350, the doctor then asked me to start taking IMMUNACE that it will help my immune system so since last year November I have been on the drug, but ‎​♍Ɣ next appointment will determine if I will start or not, that will be by July.

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by maclatunji: 9:27pm On May 30, 2012
^True, it is not every HIV+ person that needs ARVs.
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by daprofo: 9:56pm On May 30, 2012

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by HIVCurer: 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
applelady: Please ‎​♍Ɣ friends, I am HIV positive and my uncle who is un aware of my status wants to help me with a custom job, I'm wondering if customs discriminate against HIV people even though you look healthy. I'm in a dilemma cos I don't know what to tell my uncle, please house help me cos I'm scared.
. If you are still umemployed,you can tell your uncle to try Civil Defence for you,they are doing'Replacement'which is also Recruitment.And secondly,I like your honesty and I am ready to Marry you if you can take me serious.My email is akinakintonde@gmail.com.Please contact me because am Single,a Christian who believes HIV has cure.Am 38+,light and very handsome.Am a Federal Government Worker with very good Salary.RESPONd
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
^^^ hmmn. . . lipsrsealed
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by EfemenaXY: 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
applelady: @efemena, I have been going for check up every three months and they said ‎​♍Ɣ CD4 count is still high thus I will ₪☺τ̅ be placed on medication till it gets to 350, the doctor then asked me to start taking IMMUNACE that it will help my immune system so since last year November I have been on the drug, but ‎​♍Ɣ next appointment will determine if I will start or not, that will be by July.

Applelady, how did your appointment go in July?

And hope you've been bearing up okay? Just checking to see if your fine as it's been a while you've visited this thread...
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by applelady(f): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Applelady, how did your appointment go in July?

And hope you've been bearing up okay? Just checking to see if your fine as it's been a while you've visited this thread...

Thanks for ur concern, just down with malaria ++ but taking Amatem as prescribed by a doctor otherwise I'm fine, not started with ARV yet but will go for another appointment this month end.

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by HIVCurer: 6:07am On Sep 19, 2012
Applelady,am mot joking with what I said.Just Peel and swallow lots of Garlic thrice,squeeze and drink.bbitter Leaf Water after your Meals,and thirdly buy Quail Eggs and drink raw thrice daily.All these are what am using and it works for People I havee been telling.If you are a Christian,please visit MFM for Weekend Deliverance(You don't have to tell the Pastor that you have HIV.).God heals.
My email remains akinakintonde@gmail.com
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by babajust: 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2012
May God heal you... Every body is at risk of this deadly virus...
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
You have the right to privacy and so long your health doesn't affect the " inherent requirements" of the job then there is no need for u to reveal your HIV status to anyone.
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 22, 2012
Recently got a federal job and from the medical tests we did I believe there was no HIV test. HIV test should not be a criteria for employment as long as you are fit for work you will be fine. The tests done were :

FBC - Full Blood Count
FBS - Fasting Blood Sugar
Urine Analysis
Chest X-Ray &
Eye Test

Anybody that got disqualified because of HIV status should report to the appropriate quarters.

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by Nogen: 7:19am On Nov 24, 2013
PurestBoy: When they told you to stop shagging you refused to listen...Now see where it ends now.

And who told you it is only through seexx on gets the virus? Google HIV and read up articles on thé virus before you disgrace yourself any further.

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by jaz(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2013
Nogen:

And who told you it is only through seexx on gets the virus? Google HIV and read up articles on thé virus before you disgrace yourself any further.

emmm. my most sincere apologies on behalf of purest boy. he is a secondary sch boy with no basic knowledge of the topic up for discussion. he has also been sick with a disease called stupidity and brain rashes. pls pray for his moribund existence. thank you

1 Like

Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by lareine(f): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
torkaka: initially we found it difficlut to deal with it but as time went on every one accepted it (infact we hardly remember her health condition) and now she is happily married. LET YOUR FAMILY KNOW! EVERY OTHER THING WILL FALL IN PLACE.

Is her husband HIV positive too?
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by lareine(f): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
I hope I won't be diverting the thread but I'm prompted to share my story. I'm in a relationship with a guy, all the while he didn't tell me he was HIV positive until the night before we were to go for tests as demanded by my church's marriage committee. On on part I felt betrayed and angry because he didn't tell me all the while. On the other hand I feel pity for him because it could have been anybody. When my pastor asked him why he didn't tell me all the while, he said he was believing and is still believing God to heal him.

Because of this, the marriage has been put on hold until he is healed. But the problem now is that since she kinda rushed everything and told people, everyone keeps asking me why the delay. I have lied and lied and I'm tired of telling lies. Obviously people know something is wrong.

Recently his mum asked me why I was delaying? I don't know what to say again to people, including my family.
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by ifegy: 1:39am On Dec 30, 2013
lareine: I hope I won't be diverting the thread but I'm prompted to share my story. I'm in a relationship with a guy, all the while he didn't tell me he was HIV positive until the night before we were to go for tests as demanded by my church's marriage committee. On on part I felt betrayed and angry because he didn't tell me all the while. On the other hand I feel pity for him because it could have been anybody. When my pastor asked him why he didn't tell me all the while, he said he was believing and is still believing God to heal him.
Because of this, the marriage has been put on hold until he is healed. But the problem now is that since she kinda rushed everything and told people, everyone keeps asking me why the delay. I have lied and lied and I'm tired of telling lies. Obviously people know something is wrong.
Recently his mum asked me why I was delaying? I don't know what to say again to people, including my family.

At some point, both of you will have to tell the truth either as you keep on waiting, or when you break up. What has he been saying to the people asking questions? How do you really feel about this whole thing? It sounds like he rushed things because he didn't want to lose you, and was somehow hoping things would work out. You are not obligated to keep waiting, you know.
Re: HIV & Work: Desperately In Need Of Advice by lareine(f): 6:31am On Dec 30, 2013
ifegy:

At some point, both of you will have to tell the truth either as you keep on waiting, or when you break up. What has he been saying to the people asking questions? How do you really feel about this whole thing? It sounds like he rushed things because he didn't want to lose you, and was somehow hoping things would work out. You are not obligated to keep waiting, you know.

He gives them a date. And the date elapses and he gives another. Sometimes he refers them to me. Yea I'm not obligated to wait but I feel for him too. And won't it be like I never loved him if I leave?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Should Sit At The Front Seat Of Your Car; Wife Or Friend? / Kerosene Lantern Explodes In Nkporo, Abia, Kills 1, Injures 3 (Graphic Photos) / A Friend's Mum And Niece Are Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.