Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! (7193 Views)

Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) / Picture Of Gallant Female Soldiers Who Fought In The Nigerian Civil War / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by CyberG: 1:53am On Mar 25, 2012
Being away for a while and back, I am not particularly surprised that the rhetorics of daily political exchange, especially, along inter-tribal lines has not improved but gotten worse! One bone of contention is the Civil War of 1967-1970 and it was previously established that less than 0.0001% of NLanders at that time ever saw the war or experienced it. Unfortunately, it appears that the rather "gracious" ending of the war of "no victor, no vanquished" is now the Achilles Heel of most young Nigerians who are very impressionable and refused to learn the facts or reflect deeply about Nigerian history.

To be more specific, and I think this is necessary, the Ibos are upset about the loss and their losses in the war. I can understand that losing millions of lives in war even losing a single loved one is hard! Well, lives were lost from both sides of the conflict. This is sad but lets face it, war is not a PS3 or XBOX game where you gain lives, or die and yet still live even when you refuse to jump or shoot or accumulate points to give you "extra life". I was not alive at that time myself but curiosity and passion for war history propelled me to read multiple literature not of only the Civil War but many others. The Ibos were not neutral parties to the war as the conflict of the war started way back before Nigerian Independence and when the, majorly, Ibo coup of January 1967 wiped out political leaders from every other tribe while that of the Ibos were tipped off to escape, it was obvious that a little rattle snake had been hatched! In fact certain accounts posit that the war of July 1967 started just after the coup of January 1967.

All said and done, the war ended graciously with Gowon's declaration end of the war as "no victor, no vanquished". This of course was to help the mending process after the war, for brothers had killed each other and this was aimed at helping the re-building process. However, years after, it appears that most NL Ibos who never saw the war did not know that in war with a non-brother enemy, everything goes down to the wire until the wire is destroyed. When Hitler's offensive finally ground to a halt during the second world war, and the initiative returned to the Allies, the Germans fled. Hitler tried to negotiate a cease fire, what happened? The Russians levelled Berlin, so badly they bombed everything to oblivion - humans or non-humans. The Russian Army raped all the German women they found and killed everything, not taking prisoners! Ha. . .so sad but guess what? The German women said, it was better to fall into the hands of the Russian rapists than to have the Americans over their heads! They did not stop until Germany was totally defeated!

Was Nigerian leadership wrong at that time to stop a fight among brothers and bring it to the quickest end and declare they did not want to be "victors" and their were "no vanquished" (losers)? Today, most Ibos abuse every non-Ibo who has a different point of view. They insult an entire group of people who does not support their position. There are many on this site and they have been bragging for a long time they want to split their country. How long will you people make this noise and do nothing? Be sure that other people in Nigeria are so sick they are tired of being kept down too. But if you will abuse people who let you live among them, take advantage of economic opportunities, live in peace, etc and you still insult and abuse them, what do you really want? Should Nigeria just have a rematch of the war with Biafra and there shall be no graciousness since you have spurned every iota of gracefulness, goodwill, peaceful co-existence, that has been extended to you? This crying and blaming the northerners, the westerners, the minority tribes that "sabotaged" Biafra and some that don't agree with you causing all this tribalistic nonsense needs to stop. Otherwise, meet the Nigerian military (including true Ibos) who see Nigeria's problems for what it is: corruption, money, partisan politics on the field of battle. Remember that in 1967, the composition of the Armed Forces was lopsided tribally but a more even balance now. Yet, you lost then and if you will not take this fight to Nigeria within the next week, cover your tribal face in shame and go eat a cookie! tongue tongue NLand is tired of tribalists and this "Comment is Hidden" is the only one thing that this new NL has as a plus!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Callotti: 3:28am On Mar 25, 2012
What a return for someone who has been away.
Soooooooooooooooooooooo, how is this supposed to help matters?
oh! If only there was actually a GOD!

Over to the triVialists!
Back to my TV!
Investigative Discovery Channel rrrrocks 24-0-7!!!!!cool
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 3:30am On Mar 25, 2012
My friend.....do you really wanna know the outcome. You mean If Nigeria actually had a fight without US. UK and russia plus Egypt, Niger, chad mercenaries support. I say good luck to you.This is the 21st century. Trust me you don't want another war especially with the igbos of today. I personally wouldn't provoke the igbos of today with unlimited weapons of mass destruction. This is not the 60s.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by BlackPikiN(m): 3:32am On Mar 25, 2012
NAIJA_SOM: My friend.....do you really wanna know the outcome. You mean If Nigeria actually had a fight without US. UK and russia plus Egypt, Niger, chad mercenaries support. I say good luck to you.This is the 21st century. Trust me you don't want another war especially with the igbos of today. [size=15pt]I personally wouldn't provoke the igbos of today with unlimited weapons of mass destruction. This is not the 60s.[/size]

Hahaha, the OP is a cow.

He's one good for nothing all mouth no action!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 3:43am On Mar 25, 2012
NAIJA_SOM: My friend.....do you really wanna know the outcome. You mean If Nigeria actually had a fight without US. UK and russia plus Egypt, Niger, chad mercenaries support. I say good luck to you.This is the 21st century. Trust me you don't want another war especially with the igbos of today. I personally wouldn't provoke the igbos of today with unlimited weapons of mass destruction. This is not the 60s.

The OP said you can start a rematch next week; what's stopping you? You don't have to hallucinate on NL; just tell MASSOB to declare the Republic of Biafra.

My wife Inked_nerd (Igbo beauty) and our future mixed(half Igbo, half yoruba)children don't want none of it, though - we'll wish you goodluck. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by BlackPikiN(m): 4:07am On Mar 25, 2012
shymmex:

The OP said you can start a rematch next week; what's stopping you? You don't have to hallucinate on NL; just tell MASSOB to declare the Republic of Biafra.

My wife Inked_nerd (Igbo beauty) and our future mixed(half Igbo, half yoruba)children don't want none of it, though - we'll wish you goodluck. lipsrsealed

Dnt be an Idiot.
We have seen how you beat the Hausa to submission at Mile 12.

All big loud mouth and no trace of action!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Yeske2(m): 5:36am On Mar 25, 2012
@OP, in other words you are trying to say what led to the war has been settled or what? And if so why are there more groups advocating for secession today?
Talking about political rhetoric along inter tribal lines getting worse and you trying to fuel it. So much for being away for some time.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Afam4eva(m): 5:50am On Mar 25, 2012
What exactly is the point of this thread if not to spite the Igbos. I don't know why the OP has taken it as a full time job to lecture us on the civil war even though he never experienced it just like most Igbos on here. You want everyone to keep quiet about the war like it never happened even though what led to the war is still with us even with more severity.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Yeske2(m): 5:56am On Mar 25, 2012
afam4eva: What exactly is the point of this thread is not to spite the Igbos. I don't know why the OP has taken it as a full time job to lecture us on the civil war even though he never experienced it just like most Igbos on here. You want everyone to keep quiet about the war like it never happened even though what led to the war is still with us even with more severity.
Don't mind that . . .!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by naptu2: 6:04am On Mar 25, 2012
If I understand the op correctly, he is tired of the endless insults, tribal bashing and blame game and he would prefer it if the Igbo declare Biafra so that another war will break out and all issues will be settled at the war front.

The irony is that his post will only lead to another round of insults and tribal bashing.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by CyberG: 7:22am On Mar 25, 2012
^ Thanks for getting the gist! I see many failed attempts to lighten-up the ignorance of a few people who only listened to a few stories told over a place of akpu and eba here! This goes for all the e-warring tribalist parties on NL. Now, the usual tribalists get all touchy and defensive when people call them out firmly but truthfully. Can someone show me the llie in my post? Truth is tribalists are dark-hearted, soulically black and any attempt to light up ignorance with knowledge liberates the younger ones who are just hearing buzzwords and indoctrination.

@ Calloti: How it helps matters? Very obvious if you read the post: There's no need for fighting forever on NL. Anyone who cannot receive the graceful end to the war of 1967 has up to a week to engage the Nigerian Forces on a new war where the inferiority and superiority complex will be finally put to rest in a decisive REMATCH.

@ Posters: Here is the list of KNOWN tribalists on this thread: Blackpikin, Yeske, AfamEva. I see a few new names who are late comers to the party or just turn-coats with a new ID. Well, those 3 know who I am and even their super-tribalistic bosses know their nemesis when they show up here: Dede1 (King Tribalist), OnlyBIGLIES (chief Tribalist), Logic Mind (turn coat, irredeemable), Okija Juju (was surprised to find he has now joined the league of losers after indoctrination by ODedenson), Nchara (sold his soul to hatred tribalism), Mekuxxx, High Chief (Condemned to blackness tribalist), Manchy7431 (team tribalist member), Proud-Igbo, Htajz, OdualSoja, Bashr8 (super frustrated tribalist, ha!), Ezeuche (you should be number 2 just after Dendenson1, condemned tribalist), Ngodigha1 (tribalistic team mate with hate), Phreahrabbit (tribalist, trying to get promotion), DayoKanu (Ha! he is now a core tribalist too), lagcity (ha! tribalist), BEAF (OMG! How did I almost forget Supreme Tribalist Commander pretender), Uche2005 (also wants to split Nigeria in a different way using all kinds of maps), ACM10 (hateful tribalist, rank frustrated seargent), Ikeymann (subtle tribal quartermaster, plays every position in the game), BlueTooth~ (Ha, charirman tribal company), etc, etc!

There are many more but the more senior ones on this list know their super-boss when they meet them and you will see them abusing that I have called them out. Not all on this list are the usual aggressors, but they are as complicit from both sides. There are more on NL with multiple IDs. These people mostly are responsible for "This post has been hidden" especially the devil-assisted tribalists like Odedenson, OnlyLIES, Logic Mind (large tribalism shareholder) and CO. So, there is no need to waste time e-tribalizing the post. The Nigerian Army is on standby anywhere you want to fight. We are tired of how everyone is keeping them down because me myself, the thought that you people are blind sided by elites of every tribe stealing money, expanding and promoting corruption, etc while you fight is enough motivation to want to see you take on the armed forces. Yes, you are the majority of Nigeria and even the French, Britain, America are all tired. So, start your offensive immediately because WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR USELESS whining, complaints and empty threats!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Callotti: 7:30am On Mar 25, 2012
CyberG:
@ Posters: Here is the list of KNOWN tribalists on this thread: Blackpikin, Yeske, AfamEva. I see a few new names who are late comers to the party or just turn-coats with a new ID. Well, those 3 know who I am and even their super-tribalistic bosses know their nemesis when they show up here: Dede1 (King Tribalist), OnlyBIGLIES (chief Tribalist), Logic Mind (turn coat, irredeemable), Okija Juju (was surprised to find he has now joined the league of losers after indoctrination by ODedenson), Mekuxxx, High Chief (Condemned to blackness tribalist), Manchy7431 (team tribalist member), Proud-Igbo, Htajz, OdualSoja, Bashr8 (super frustrated tribalist, ha!), Ezeuche (you should be number 2 just after Dendenson1, condemned tribalist), Ngodigha1 (tribalistic team mate with hate), Phreahrabbit (tribalist, trying to get promotion), DayoKanu (Ha! he is now a core tribalist too), lagcity (ha! tribalist), BEAF (OMG! How did I almost forget Supreme Tribalist Commander pretender), Uche2005 (also wants to split Nigeria in a different way using all kinds of maps), ACM10 (hateful tribalist, rank frustrated seargent), Ikeymann (subtle tribal quartermaster, plays every position in the game), BlueTooth~ (Ha, charirman tribal company), etc, etc!

There are many more but the more senior ones on this list know their super-boss when they meet them and you will see them abusing that I have called them out. Not all on this list are the usual aggressors, but they are as complicit from both sides. There are more on NL with multiple IDs. These people mostly are responsible for "This post has been hidden" especially the devil-assisted tribalists like Odedenson, OnlyLIES, Logic Mind (large tribalism shareholder) and CO. So, there is no need to waste time e-tribalizing the post. The Nigerian Army is on standby anywhere you want to fight. We are tired of how everyone is keeping them down because me myself, the thought that you people are blind sided by elites of every tribe stealing money, expanding and promoting corruption, etc while you fight is enough motivation to want to see you take on the armed forces. Yes, you are the majority of Nigeria and even the French, Britain, America are all tired. So, start your offensive immediately because WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR USELESS whining, complaints and empty threats!

Boy! You are good!

Can't wait for more.
Back to my kitchen. grin
This fried cow tongue stew go sweet with this post I tellya!
Mu he he he he he he he he

Mooooooooooooor pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaze!!!cheesy

Happy Soinday all!
It's gonna be a good week!
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by freesoul3(f): 7:43am On Mar 25, 2012
Callotti:

Boy! You are good!

Can't wait for more.
[b]Back to my kitchen. ;[/b]D
This fried cow tongue stew go sweet with this post I tellya!
Mu he he he he he he he he

Mooooooooooooor pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaze!!!cheesy

Happy Soinday all!
It's gonna be a good week!

hope you dog is fking you while you cook! mu he he grin kiss kiss
biiitch helloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! smiley smiley smiley

enjoy ya sunday in satans church!
hate queen! wink
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by ACM10: 7:45am On Mar 25, 2012
A warped account of history from a core tribalist posing as an objective poster.

Hmmm. . . .
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Callotti: 7:52am On Mar 25, 2012
free_soul:

hope you dog is fking you while you cook! mu he he grin kiss kiss
biiitch helloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! smiley smiley smiley

enjoy ya sunday in satans church!
hate queen! wink

https://www.nairaland.com/free_soul/posts

Thank you 'free NL toto'!
Happy NL old cargo day!
Kpele o! grin

Not all of us can be wealthy 'Spinsters' chopping "Lobster's Pricks" @ Transcorp Hilton like Arrrrrrunma Oteh!
E go beta one day!.
Make I h-enjoy my husband chop money today
Mu he he he he he
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by freesoul3(f): 7:54am On Mar 25, 2012
Callotti:

https://www.nairaland.com/free_soul/posts

Thank you 'free NL toto'!
Happy NL old cargo day!
Kpele o! grin

ffoke you biiatch! kiss kiss
tka ya dogs dix out ya pushieeee before talking!
you are wooofin'
woof woof woof! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Callotti: 7:57am On Mar 25, 2012
OP. . . I dey wait for part 2 o! grin
Time to make Ugba, Nkwobi, Bitter-Leaf soup and Swwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeet Ukwa!cool
I feel like an Mgbeke today!

Mu he he he he he he
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by freesoul3(f): 8:00am On Mar 25, 2012
Callotti: OP. . . I dey wait for part 2 o! grin

woof woof!

say hi to satan!
i have verrrrrrrrrrrry handsome great dane ready to take you to hell kiss
queeeeen of hate! satan's wife! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Callotti: 8:01am On Mar 25, 2012
OP. . .where would you place AK47man and 'Anus-sexxy' abi na Arysexxy on your list? wink
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2012
heres what i know

since the civil war igbos have always complained,bragged,called yoruba cowards,threatened to actualise biafra,called hausa weaklings,called middle beltans fools,claimed they will destroy nigeria if war should break out etc. yet up till now no igbo person has thrown even a stone to to start the so called disintergration of nigeria. they are always online bringing out ak 47's and ar 15's but wouldn't dare to try it in the real world.
the igbos remain nigeria's only major tribe with no historical known war victories. interestingly they are nigeria's loudest noise makers when it comes to talking war.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by ACM10: 8:52am On Mar 25, 2012
CyberG: Being away for a while and back, I am not particularly surprised that the rhetorics of daily political exchange, especially, along inter-tribal lines has not improved but gotten worse!
I bet you'll aggravate the already bad situation

CyberG: One bone of contention is the Civil War of 1967-1970 and it was previously established that less than 0.0001% of NLanders at that time ever saw the war or experienced it.
Mister, whenever you put up a figure, back it up with a reliable source

CyberG: Unfortunately, it appears that the rather "gracious" ending of the war of "no victor, no vanquished" is now the Achilles Heel of most young Nigerians who are very impressionable and refused to learn the facts or reflect deeply about Nigerian history.
BS!

CyberG: war is not a PS3 or XBOX game where you gain lives, or die and yet still live even when you refuse to jump or shoot or accumulate points to give you "extra life".

Stup!d analogy!
You must be following the comments from the Yoruba dimwit named dayokanu.

CyberG: The Ibos were not neutral parties to the war as the conflict of the war started way back before Nigerian Independence and when the, majorly, Ibo coup of January 1967 wiped out political leaders from every other tribe while that of the Ibos were tipped off to escape, it was obvious that a little rattle snake had been hatched! In fact certain accounts posit that the war of July 1967 started just after the coup of January 1967.
You have every right to wallow in your ignorance

CyberG: All said and done, the war ended graciously with Gowon's declaration end of the war as "no victor, no vanquished".
Really? Dude you are shitting me. Why are you manning the trenches of e-war 42 yrs after? Throw away your "no victor, no vanquished" mantra. It does not exist in practise. Surely, it does not exist in the minds of hausa/fulani elites. Their position is that we are all conquered tribes including Yoruba. Read the inflammatory articles from Sanusi to know better. Down here, read the posts from a hausa/fulani supremacist like Ndu_chuks and Nagoma to guage their opinion.

CyberG: Hitler tried to negotiate a cease fire

Source pls. My own source posits that the war on the eastern front was bitter and Hitler was prepared to take down Germany with him.

CyberG: The Russians levelled Berlin, so badly they bombed everything to oblivion - humans or non-humans.

Your penchant for hyperbole can be quite annoying. Source pls. . .

CyberG: The Russian Army raped all the German women they found and killed everything, not taking prisoners!.
Could you be kind enought to share your source with me? undecided

CyberG: The German women said, it was better to fall into the hands of the Russian rapists than to have the Americans over their heads!

Source pls. . .
My own version of history claimed that Germans fled to the western part of their country under the control of allied forces including Americans. My source further posits that allied forces treats their POW's fairly and these treatment encouraged the German forces to surrender rather than fight to death. It further opined that German civilians preferred to live under the protection of Americans than Soviets. You are fond of quoting any gutter sources that supports your bigotted your view. Reliability of your source is thrown to the wind. I await your response on this big distortion of history.

CyberG: Today, most Ibos abuse every non-Ibo who has a different point of view. They insult an entire group of people who does not support their position.
The problem with most Yoruba tribalists including you is that they are selectively hypermetropic. They see only what they want to see and blank-out others from their view. You are asserting that only Igbos are guilty of hurling insults at others. Well you have the right to your opinion but not to your facts.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by hakanai(m): 9:02am On Mar 25, 2012
torkaka: heres what i know

since the civil war igbos have always complained,bragged,called yoruba cowards,threatened to actualise biafra,called hausa weaklings,called middle beltans fools,claimed they will destroy nigeria if war should break out etc. yet up till now no igbo person has thrown even a stone to to start the so called disintergration of nigeria. they are always online bringing out ak 47's and ar 15's but wouldn't dare to try it in the real world.
the igbos remain nigeria's only major tribe with no historical known war victories. interestingly they are nigeria's loudest noise makers when it comes to talking war.

^^^^^ Couldn't say it any better.You are spot on!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by OneNaira6: 9:16am On Mar 25, 2012
ROFLMFAO

This whole thread is funny.

Am I suppose to learn what from this thread?

If CyberG is going to be like musiwa to me then I see a guy that I'll pretty much find most of his post funny and irrelevant.

I think I just found a new comedian
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by OneNaira6: 9:21am On Mar 25, 2012
torkaka: heres what i know

I'm just going to assume we are disregarding the pre-colonial war if not then this has got to be biggest and dumbest lie I've read by an NL member, if so then I'm just going to be frank and ask what other war has any other Nigerian group been into beside Biafra war and I mean any inter-tribal war between Northern and southern group or even a war between a Nigerian group and a non-Nigerian group. I no care just name one, anyone? I'll even give you permission to use a war between una deities, I no care just name that?

While in the Biafra war, Nigeria boast of winning yet forgetting they won thanks to Britain, American, Cameroon, Egypt, Morocco, etc. If una won a war without help against a group that had little to no help then una have mouth to chest-beat. I'll give an example: Somalia kicked the @ss of America during a 1 on 1 fight between the group without help from anyone. They have mouth to chest-beat, Nigeria on the other do not at all. It like 10 of my friends and I jumping a guy and coming out victories, followed by I chest-beating and talking about how I won that fight and kicked that random guy's @ss knowing them well if not for the 10 people that helped me and gave me a disadvantage, there is no way in he11 I could have won.

As for the bolded, I'm just going to be frank again and ask what the fu2k do you think Massob is? I guess you want them to turn to Boko Haram number two before you see them abi? Don't wish for something you cannot stop. Na my own advice
I think una just mouth off and say whatever it is that comes to una mind without thinking.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by naptu2: 9:39am On Mar 25, 2012
naptu2:
The irony is that his post will only lead to another round of insults and tribal bashing.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 25, 2012
@one_naira

dude don't get worked up. pre-colonial nigeria;

the fulani wrested political power from the hausa in the early 1800s through a series of holy war. they also defeated the yorubas.

hausa states mounted wars against jukuns & nupe to collect slaves.

yorubas waged wars against the dahomeans.

kwararafa kingdom (jukun,idoma,igalla,anagas,igbirras) waged wars against their neigbours in a quest to expand their territories.

in all these history where was the igbos? they simply waited hundreds of years later to routed by the nigerian army
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by OneNaira6: 10:07am On Mar 25, 2012
torkaka: @one_naira

dude don't get worked up. pre-colonial nigeria;

the fulani wrested political power from the hausa in the early 1800s through a series of holy war. they also defeated the yorubas.

hausa states mounted wars against jukuns & nupe to collect slaves.

yorubas waged wars against the dahomeans.

kwararafa kingdom (jukun,idoma,igalla,anagas,igbirras) waged wars against their neigbours in a quest to expand their territories.

in all these history where was the igbos? they simply waited hundreds of years later to routed by the nigerian army

LMFAO. As I've said countless of time on NL, If people no sabi anything, it is best of your interest to keep quiet and not make a fool of yourself or do una have no shame at all? una no dey shame?

First of all: Igbo did not know any of those tribes you mentioned existed, why would they fight a group they barely knew existed? Does that even make sense to you at all. na wa oo!! for this your logic. laughter will kill me one of this day because una. Ahh, I'm going to be frank and ask again, how do you purpose they range a war with groups they knew nothing of? I'm going to be frank again and ask, attacking your neighbors is something to be proud of or chest-beat over? Ewoo, una for see why Igbo wants out of Nigeria. We do not follow nor have the same mindset (I thank God for that). taa tufiakwa

Second of all: Go read the Ibibio-Aro war, followed by Aro-Anglo war, let’s not even forget the Nri conflict against the British, Ekumeku war. Even if we decide to extend the fighting outside of Nigeria: read the Haiti revolution, read on the only, emphasis on ONLY Nigerian tribe that fought against their slave master during captivation in Africa and out of Africa. The reason behind the emphasis is they took slaves pretty much from Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Fulani and including the minorities tribes yet the Igbo were the only ones whom fought and rebelled against them.

Biko if una are ignorant, do us a favor and stop showing your ignorance abeg. Stop shaming unaselves on NL. Don't una have any pride at all?
I don't understand how people can shame themselves and continue doing it without caring at all at all. That one still puzzles me
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by unclenna(m): 10:07am On Mar 25, 2012
CyberG: Being away for a while and back, I am not particularly surprised that the rhetorics of daily political exchange, especially, along inter-tribal lines has not improved but gotten worse! One bone of contention is the Civil War of 1967-1970 and it was previously established that less than 0.0001% of NLanders at that time ever saw the war or experienced it. Unfortunately, it appears that the rather "gracious" ending of the war of "no victor, no vanquished" is now the Achilles Heel of most young Nigerians who are very impressionable and refused to learn the facts or reflect deeply about Nigerian history.

To be more specific, and I think this is necessary, the Ibos are upset about the loss and their losses in the war. I can understand that losing millions of lives in war even losing a single loved one is hard! Well, lives were lost from both sides of the conflict. This is sad but lets face it, war is not a PS3 or XBOX game where you gain lives, or die and yet still live even when you refuse to jump or shoot or accumulate points to give you "extra life". I was not alive at that time myself but curiosity and passion for war history propelled me to read multiple literature not of only the Civil War but many others. The Ibos were not neutral parties to the war as the conflict of the war started way back before Nigerian Independence and when the, majorly, Ibo coup of January 1967 wiped out political leaders from every other tribe while that of the Ibos were tipped off to escape, it was obvious that a little rattle snake had been hatched! In fact certain accounts posit that the war of July 1967 started just after the coup of January 1967.

All said and done, the war ended graciously with Gowon's declaration end of the war as "no victor, no vanquished". This of course was to help the mending process after the war, for brothers had killed each other and this was aimed at helping the re-building process. However, years after, it appears that most NL Ibos who never saw the war did not know that in war with a non-brother enemy, everything goes down to the wire until the wire is destroyed. When Hitler's offensive finally ground to a halt during the second world war, and the initiative returned to the Allies, the Germans fled. Hitler tried to negotiate a cease fire, what happened? The Russians levelled Berlin, so badly they bombed everything to oblivion - humans or non-humans. The Russian Army raped all the German women they found and killed everything, not taking prisoners! Ha. . .so sad but guess what? The German women said, it was better to fall into the hands of the Russian rapists than to have the Americans over their heads! They did not stop until Germany was totally defeated!

Was Nigerian leadership wrong at that time to stop a fight among brothers and bring it to the quickest end and declare they did not want to be "victors" and their were "no vanquished" (losers)? Today, most Ibos abuse every non-Ibo who has a different point of view. They insult an entire group of people who does not support their position. There are many on this site and they have been bragging for a long time they want to split their country. How long will you people make this noise and do nothing? Be sure that other people in Nigeria are so sick they are tired of being kept down too. But if you will abuse people who let you live among them, take advantage of economic opportunities, live in peace, etc and you still insult and abuse them, what do you really want? Should Nigeria just have a rematch of the war with Biafra and there shall be no graciousness since you have spurned every iota of gracefulness, goodwill, peaceful co-existence, that has been extended to you? This crying and blaming the northerners, the westerners, the minority tribes that "sabotaged" Biafra and some that don't agree with you causing all this tribalistic nonsense needs to stop. Otherwise, meet the Nigerian military (including true Ibos) who see Nigeria's problems for what it is: corruption, money, partisan politics on the field of battle. Remember that in 1967, the composition of the Armed Forces was lopsided tribally but a more even balance now. Yet, you lost then and if you will not take this fight to Nigeria within the next week, cover your tribal face in shame and go eat a cookie! tongue tongue NLand is tired of tribalists and this "Comment is Hidden" is the only one thing that this new NL has as a plus!
!- @poster, you have time.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by unclenna(m): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2012
when it comes to talk about the war the hausas and the middle belt who fought the war don't talk about it is the lazy yorubas who did not fight the war carry it on there head. Ibos that have only 5 states fought 31 states. If it were to be the yoruba states ibos will wipe you out in a day.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by unclenna(m): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2012
when it comes to talk about the war the hausas and the middle belt who fought the war don't talk about it is the lazy yorubas who did not fight the war carry it on there head. Ibos that have only 5 states fought 31 states. If it were to be the yoruba states ibos will wipe you out in a day. ;Dwhen it comes to talk about the war the hausas and the middle belt who fought the war don't talk about it is the lazy yorubas who did not fight the war carry it on there head. Ibos that have only 5 states fought 31 states. If it were to be the yoruba states ibos will wipe you out in a day.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by ACM10: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2012
torkaka: yorubas waged wars against the dahomeans.

Cut the BS!
Which language does dahomeans speak? FYI, dahomeans are part of Yoruba confedration during the pre-colonial times. Which is a loose confedration BTW.

You slyly omitted the invasion and conquer of Ilorin by the fulanis. Typical of every Yoruba tribalist. Selective amnesia, myopia.

torkaka: in all these history where was the igbos? they simply waited hundreds of years later to routed by the nigerian army
We are a peaceful tribe.
We don't subjugate our neighbours.
We don't force our language on our neighbour.
We allow our neighbours to retain all their rights and priviledges.
Besides we don't boast of wars, we boast of peace.
That's Igbo mentality.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2012
@one_naira

did you say ibibio-aro wars? wasn't that the war that they was a stalemate after the ibibios resisted the eze agwu? wasn't it after resistance that eze agwu allied with an ibibio prince kakpako okon but they were still defeated? wasn't it after defeat that the igbos along with kakpako (ibibio prince) sort the help of akpa (eastern cross river group) who had european guns that they used in defeating the ibibios? my guy,that war was won by the akpas!

anglo-aro wars? are you dull? i'm talking about winning wars and not losing wars! wasn't that the war that the british defeated the aro people and hanged their chiefs? they were five major battles in that war, the british won all but one!

poor guy. the igbo war CV you brought out should be added to the biafran CV of always being on the losing side!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Seen In The Hospital After Being Stabbed In The Neck At APC Campaign R / Kano, Lagos, Kaduna Recorded Highest Registrations, Issuance Of NIN / Reps Reject 25%, Insist On 7.5% Pension For PHCN Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.