Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! (14075 Views)

The False Accusations Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala / Photo - Buhari Meets Jeffery Feltman USG UN. Dept Of Political Affairs. / "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs (2) (3) (4)

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Arosa(m): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I beg to differ. If Ghanas support for the man is based solely on what he's done for Ghana, then they're being hypocrites and two-faced. I'm not trying to demean Sachs contributions to Ghanas development, but it pales into insignificance when compared to what Nigeria has done for Ghana, inspite of our rocky past history together.

I was watching an interview a few weeks ago (moments with Mo) in which the immediate past President of Ghana was being interviewed, and he noted the special relationship between the two countries, pointing out that there was a time during his Presidency when Ghana was in such dire straits that they couldn't afford to pay for fuel, service debts, etc. This would have led to an economic crises had Nigeria not stepped in to help: if my memory serves me right, Ghana imported fuel from Nigeria on credit for a couple of months, thus helping the country to stabilise itself. That's what brothers do for one another, not to talk of the fact we share a common political and economic destiny in ECOWAS.

Even today, there's a main thoroughfare in Accra named after Obasanjo, and the gesture is also reciprocated in many cities in Nigeria.

I think the present Ghana President either has a short memory or hasn't been sufficiently briefed on Nigeria by his predecessor.

All this talk of African brotherhood and solidarity is all hogwash. This can be seen on a national scale in Nigeria, and a regional scale in West Africa.

To add to that, NOI was the one that campaigned tirelessly for the cancellation of African nations dept,including Ghana. which was later granted.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2012
cashmentor: ehhhenn, so what? Are you going to slap him or kiss him? Just coz Ghana's economy is growing pretty fast doesn't place 'em as the Lord of West Africa or Africa in General! Yes, they do have their own rights, but u guys should stop worshipping Obama just coz he like's u.... For once in your envyable life, support a Brother...and stop this" i too know mentality"

Listen! I am ALL for the uplifting and progression of Africa but the irrelevant and ignorant stuff won't fly with me!
When and where on this thread have I said Ghana was the Lord of ANYTHING? Get this inferiority complex and competitive mindset out of here this instant! That's the damn problem! And what do you mean worship Obama? WTH?

solomon111: @msdarkskin
will you pls shut the hell up.
What do you know about african issues.?
If you were enlightened, ynu would know that this is not the first time, ghana is betraying us,despite our support to them.
What makes jerry sacchs more qualified than NOI,if not that they want to spite us.
I think you should research on the both of them,and decide who is more qualified.
TO ALL NIGERIANS,IT IS TIME WE ALL GIVE UP,THIS PAN-AFRICAN UTOPIAN DREAM ,AND LOOK OUT 4 OURSELVES.
WE SHOULD REVIEW OUR RELATIONS WITH THESE AFRICAN NATIONS.

AWE! tongue I LOVE IT!! grin grin

So now we play the "you are not African so what do you know about...?" line when FACTS and common sense hit us like a freight train? grin grin And THEN you wonder!! grin Listen to yourself! You have OPEN MINDED Nigerians questioning and analyzing her character and capabilities to see if she is qualified and you get mad at Ghana for doing the same thing? Rather than do the same you want to "wage war". You this egotistical goat! Clap for yourself fo0l! Your kind continue to hold continental Africa back.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by solomon111(m): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2012
talknafree: Well don't blame the Ghanians. This is what you get when you aren't even united amongst yourselves.

Fellow Nigerians will play power play underground to make sure Ngozi doesn't get that seat.

I see Nzogi as someone who even being World's Bank President will only bring about policies to impoverish Nigeria and Africa further because she will go dancing to the tunes of the western countries who are world's bank major financiers.
You are a big fool!
So it is jerry sacchs, who is american, that will not dance to the dictates of western imperialists?!
You are an idiot raised to the power of infinity!
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by solomon111(m): 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Listen! I am ALL for the uplifting and progression of Africa but the irrelevant and ignorant stuff won't fly with me!
When and where on this thread have I said Ghana was the Lord of ANYTHING? Get this inferiority complex and competitive mindset out of here this instant! That's the damn problem! And what do you mean worship Obama? WTH?

So now we play the "you are not African so what do you know about...?" line when FACTS and common sense hit us like a freight train? grin grin And THEN you wonder!! grin Listen to yourself! You have OPEN MINDED Nigerians questioning and analyzing her character and capabilities to see if she is qualified and you get mad at Ghana for doing the same thing? Rather than do the same you want to "wage war". You this egotistical goat! Clap for yourself fo0l! Your kind continue to hold continental Africa back.
I will advice you to go to the romance section,where you are good at,and leave this section for intellectuals.
Lame-brained idi.iot!
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

For real guys ignore this girl 'cause her contributions are very irrelevant. For what it's worth, she comes from a country where the little queen of England is still their supreme constitutional head in 2012.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2012
solomon111: I will advice you to go to the romance section,where you are good at,and leave this section for intellectuals.
Lame-brained idi.iot!

I thought so. cool

Bandit C.:

For real guys ignore this girl 'cause her contributions are very irrelevant. For what it's worth, she comes from a country where the little queen of England is still their supreme constitutional head in 2012.

The truth hurts. cheesy
Sore losers will be sore losers.
Everything happens for a reason and it's a shame that no matter how you show some fo0ls
they still won't get it. Not my problem.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2012
solomon111:
So it is jerry sacchs, who is american, that will not dance to the dictates of western imperialists?!

It beats me why people think a Nigerian can dance an American dance more than the Americans themselves.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2012
Why is the FATF dealing with high-risk and non-cooperative jurisdictions?
Responding to the threat posed by high-risk and non-cooperative jurisdictions is a key objective of the FATF’s mission for promoting the global implementation of its AML/CFT standards. Worldwide compliance with the standards protects the integrity of the international financial system and enhances international co-operation on AML/CFT. In addition, public identification of non-compliance has encouraged jurisdictions to improve their AML/CFT systems through addressing their strategically important deficiencies.

With both countries present on the list highlighted below, perhaps Ghana's latest two-footed tackle needs to be perceived as a reality check grin
For me, all the hullabaloo is reminiscent of what followed after OBJ's quest for the role of U.N Secretary General ran aground years ago.

Identification of high-risk and non-cooperative jurisdictions
On the basis of the results of the ICRG review, jurisdictions may be publicly identified in one of the two FATF public documents that are issued three times a year.
The first public document, the FATF’s Public Statement, identifies:
1) jurisdictions that have strategic AML/CFT deficiencies and to which counter-measures apply
As of February 2012, this includes Iran and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea)
2) Jurisdictions with strategic AML/CFT deficiencies that have not made sufficient progress in addressing the deficiencies or have not committed to an action plan developed with the FATF to address the deficiencies.
As of February 2012, this includes: Bolivia, Cuba, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand and Turkey. For these jurisdictions, the FATF calls upon its members to consider the risks arising from the deficiencies associated with the jurisdiction.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2012
Bandit C.:

LMAO. I guess that's Jammo, right?
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by cashmentor(m): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2012
[quote author=MsDarkSkin]

When and where on this thread have I said Ghana was the Lord of ANYTHING? Get this inferiority complex and competitive mindset out of here this instant! That's the damn problem! And what do you mean worship Obama? WTH? ..........

I wasn't even talking to you as an individual, was refering to Ghana in General! And u are not the minister of information or Foreign Affairs, are u?.......
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by velo10: 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2012
before this year, I'd have endorsed Okwojo-Iweala but she portrayed herself to be an insensitive woman when it came fuel subsidy issues beginning of this year.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by bigboyk(m): 5:43pm On Mar 25, 2012
Oh my Ghana! When will Nigerians let us be? We now can't make our own choice and decisions as a sovereign state? They say we are jealous, yet they always talk about us. Please, think of how to move Naija forward while we do the same for Ghana. We won't vote for NOI and we stand on that decision. Nigerians have this crazy mentality of imposing themselves on others (as evident in PDP convention, PDP guber and presidential primaries, etc). We Ghanaians believe in the principles and ideals of democracy. Away with your sentimental rantings. angryOh my Ghana! When will Nigerians let us be? We now can't make our own choice and decisions as a sovereign state? They say we are jealous, yet they always talk about us. Please, think of how to move Naija forward while we do the same for Ghana. We won't vote for NOI and we stand on that decision. Nigerians have this crazy mentality of imposing themselves on others (as evident in PDP convention, PDP guber and presidential primaries, etc). We Ghanaians believe in the principles and ideals of democracy. Away with your sentimental rantings.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Dipwater(m): 5:43pm On Mar 25, 2012
Wat has she done 4 us. If it were between ngozi and boko haram I will vote 4 boko. Foo lish woman
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2012
afam4eva:

LMAO. I guess that's Jammo, right?

It's not "Jammo", it's JAMAICA. cheesy

Dipwater: Wat has she done 4 us. If it were between ngozi and boko haram I will vote 4 boko. Foo lish woman

WOW!!

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I thought so. cool

The truth hurts. cheesy
Sore losers will be sore losers.
Everything happens for a reason and it's a shame that no matter how you show some fo0ls
they still won't get it. Not my problem.

E be like say you dey craze ni. A beg face front jor or I go yab nonsense comot for your head. Ode. Does this section look like your lala romance section? Be warned.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2012
bigboyk: Oh my Ghana! When will Nigerians let us be? We now can't make our own choice and decisions as a sovereign state? They say we are jealous, yet they always talk about us. Please, think of how to move Naija forward while we do the same for Ghana. We won't vote for NOI and we stand on that decision. Nigerians have this crazy mentality of imposing themselves on others (as evident in PDP convention, PDP guber and presidential primaries, etc). We Ghanaians believe in the principles and ideals of democracy. Away with your sentimental rantings. angryOh my Ghana! When will Nigerians let us be? We now can't make our own choice and decisions as a sovereign state? They say we are jealous, yet they always talk about us. Please, think of how to move Naija forward while we do the same for Ghana. We won't vote for NOI and we stand on that decision. Nigerians have this crazy mentality of imposing themselves on others (as evident in PDP convention, PDP guber and presidential primaries, etc). We Ghanaians believe in the principles and ideals of democracy. Away with your sentimental rantings.

SMH.
Be careful! The 5 year old temper trantrums will come in

5-4-3-2-1 grin grin
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2012
Bandit C.:

E be like say you dey craze ni. A beg face front jor or I go yab nonsense comot for your head. Ode. Does this section look like your lala romance section? Be warned.

fo0l. And if i chose not to take heed to your warning, you are going to cyber wooze me right?
You're a fo0l. Stick to the topic jor.

@topic:
don't see this as Ghana vs. Nigeria. Ignore that rivalry for once!!
There is a reason for everything. In due time Nigeria will get it's shine but if she gets this job how will it benefit Nigeria at present? Sure for her it's a step up but what about the nation itself? Nigeria is in a fragile state right now.

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Arosa(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2012
bigboyk: Oh my Ghana! When will Nigerians let us be? We now can't make our own choice and decisions as a sovereign state? They say we are jealous, yet they always talk about us. Please, think of how to move Naija forward while we do the same for Ghana. We won't vote for NOI and we stand on that decision. Nigerians have this crazy mentality of imposing themselves on others (as evident in PDP convention, PDP guber and presidential primaries, etc). We Ghanaians believe in the principles and ideals of democracy. Away with your sentimental rantings. angryOh my Ghana! When will Nigerians let us be? We now can't make our own choice and decisions as a sovereign state? They say we are jealous, yet they always talk about us. Please, think of how to move Naija forward while we do the same for Ghana. We won't vote for NOI and we stand on that decision. Nigerians have this crazy mentality of imposing themselves on others (as evident in PDP convention, PDP guber and presidential primaries, etc). We Ghanaians believe in the principles and ideals of democracy. Away with your sentimental rantings.

By the time Nigeria starts making decisions against Ghana,and voting against them then you will understand.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2012

Phuck Ghana!! Your country is a joke; Nigerians OWN Ghana - come back to NL when you start owning your your damn country. Ghana and Nigeria should NEVER be in the same sentence - Ghana should be competing with Togo, Niger, Liberia and Chad. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

SMH.
Be careful! The 5 year old temper trantrums will come in

5-4-3-2-1 grin grin

WTF are you on about?
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nonybb: 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2012
shymmex: Ghana will always be Ghana; they will always go left if Nigeria goes right. I know pig-faced Ngozi iweala has zero chance of winning, but Ghana not showing African solidarity shows how much they hate anything Nigerian.
ghana means darkness and nigeria means light. And pls who even care about wat they say. Lol i cant believe such a little tiny country is screaming for the world to see
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by babaowo: 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2012
afam4eva:

I can see a similarity between Ghana and D'banj. They both think because things are looking up for them, that they can forget where they started from. They will both live to regret it.
... What Dbanj did to you boi? Try and leave artiste alone,cos its their strategy to sell and make more money, tomorrow when they reconcile where will you hide your face? @topic Ghana and Nigeria are same thing, they both have crab spirits "they wont move up and they will be dragging someone at d top backward"
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by remmydada(m): 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2012
its normal for ghana to nominate someone else than NOI even if they ask an average nigerian to vote they wont vote NOI under this government no one is good enough for that post
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2012
babaowo: @topic Ghana and Nigeria are same thing, they both have crab spirits "they wont move up and they will be dragging someone at d top backward"

I agree.
It's depressing this rivalry. undecided

I was told to stick to the R.Section and THIS is why I do.
Too much tribalism and hate man. undecided undecided It's sad.
Everything should not be "t!t for tat!"
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Cmeo(m): 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2012
i wonder wat nigeria status is that will intimidate the ghana. is it corruption thing or the insecurity? o ga some poster sha
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2012
I weep whenever i see the way mushroom countries like Ghana even fathom the thought of taking Nigeria for a ride. Anyway, i don't blame them. I blame our insensitive leaders who have given any small country the effrontery to even dream of insulting Nigeria. I'm waiting for the day when the Nigeria of our dream will be a reality. The day when countries like Ghana will know that shoe get size. The day when Nigeria's stance will be taken seriously in Africa.

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2012
Ghana can't even compete with Lagos; Lagos has more billionaires than the whole of Ghana. I guess their "darkness syndrome" is why most of them are as dark as otumfour and amankwa grin grin grin grin grin. Ghanaians and their fufu smelling bodies need to start paying homage before we annex Accra. Annexing Accra won't be difficult though, because we've our Ga brothers living there. All we need is to get them to start an uprising; and Kuffour will forget his kente wrapper in his Presidential palace. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Dipwater(m): 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2012
@msdarkskin. Wuznt talking to u wuz gisting wit my cuntry pips. I think african shuld learn how to show solidarity some times ,atlist 4 the sake of african unity
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by solomon111(m): 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I agree.

when will you get it that,you are not intellectually equipped for this section?.
SMH
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I beg to differ. If Ghanas support for the man is based solely on what he's done for Ghana, then they're being hypocrites and two-faced. I'm not trying to demean Sachs contributions to Ghanas development,[size=14pt] but it pales into insignificance when compared to what Nigeria has done for Ghana, inspite of our rocky past history together. [/size]

I was watching an interview a few weeks ago (moments with Mo) in which the immediate past President of Ghana was being interviewed, and he noted the special relationship between the two countries, pointing out that there was a time during his Presidency when Ghana was in such dire straits that they couldn't afford to pay for fuel, service debts, etc. This would have led to an economic crises had Nigeria not stepped in to help: if my memory serves me right, Ghana imported fuel from Nigeria on credit for a couple of months, thus helping the country to stabilise itself. That's what brothers do for one another, not to talk of the fact we share a common political and economic destiny in ECOWAS.

Even today, there's a main thoroughfare in Accra named after Obasanjo, and the gesture is also reciprocated in many cities in Nigeria.

I think the present Ghana President either has a short memory or hasn't been sufficiently briefed on Nigeria by his predecessor.

All this talk of African brotherhood and solidarity is all hogwash. This can be seen on a national scale in Nigeria, and a regional scale in West Africa.

Keep telling yourself all that nonsense. . . What has what you assume Nigeria has done for Ghana to do with Ngozi? Is Ngozi Nigeria?
Yes Ngozi was one, not the only one, but one of those who campaigned for cancellation of debt of much of Africa, that does not then mean Ghana must then overlook the work Sachs has done for the country for that reason . . . I am betting the Country considered the two and decided betting with Sachs benefited it more given that Sach's has been working to aid Ghana even after Ngozi resigned back in 2006 to join the World Bank. Sach's was in Ghana as recently as 2010 to meet the President and has made a lot of positive contributions to helping boost Ghana's image from as far back as 2006, and up till January of this 2012.

Abeg, abeg. . . . make we begin to use our heads better. The man Sachs gained Ghana's nomination here not for what Sach's Country has done with Ghana or for Ghana, but according to them what Sach's himself has done for Ghana.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I agree.

Give another 10mins and you will see another thread started, where the turncoat Nigerian nationalists commenting on this one will be found wishing all manner of evil on one another.
Who said the mind of an average NLer isn't fickle, eh? grin
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2012
shymmex: Ghana can't even compete with Lagos; Lagos has more billionaires than the whole of Ghana. I guess their "darkness syndrome" is why most of them are as dark as otumfour and amankwa grin grin grin grin grin. Ghanaians and their fufu smelling bodies need to start paying homage before we annex Accra. Annexing Accra won't be difficult though, because we've our Ga brothers living there. All we need is to get them to start an uprising; and Kuffour will forget his kente wrapper in his Presidential palace. grin grin grin grin grin

So, you equate having more thieves billionaires to being better? I'm sorry for whoever raised you. You're a disappointment.

Reps Query Nimasa Over Payment Of $326m Into Tompolo's Firm / How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion / Buhari Reacts To Suicide Attack On A Mosque In Maiduguri

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80