Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

How Jonathan & Alhaji Bamanga Tukur Foiled Atiku's 2015 Presidential Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan & Alhaji Bamanga Tukur Foiled Atiku's 2015 Presidential Bid (3222 Views)

Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / North Conspired To Vote Against Jonathan — Alhaji Yakasai / PDP Will Recapture Lost States In 2015 – PDP Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jonathan & Alhaji Bamanga Tukur Foiled Atiku's 2015 Presidential Bid by LailaIkeji1: 2:21am On Mar 26, 2012
Politics is not a loaf of bread for babies.
Nahhh, not at all.
Just like a chess game between master chess players, you need to be able to read your 'opponent's mind, think what they are thinking and strike before they even realise what they have been thinking!!

Yesterday, PDPians celebrated the emergence of Alhaji Bamanga Tukur as PDP's new chairman.

And Punchng has reported that there are indications this victory may affect Atiku's presidential bid comw 2015.
(Am even a bit surprised Atiku will consider running again after how many defeats now? Well, what do I know about how these big men think.)

The report says Tukur and Atiku are from the same senatorial zone - South senatorial district of Adamawa State.
And in 'political calculation' during election, e go hard to have presidential candidate and national chairman come from the same place.

And it's like there's beaf between Tukur and Atiku.

Cos the Punchng reports that while the chairman campaign was on, Tukur had screamed that Atiku’s ambition for the 2015 presidential election was responsible for the gang-up against him by some notable politicians in the North-East.

Tukur had described Atiku as “a desperate politician with a threatened ambition.”

And again, President Jonathan, inasmuch as he hasn't said whether he will go for second term or not, Jonathan of course knew Atiku could be a threat someday and needed to be put at a disadvantage right from Day 1.

However, the former vice-president has said Tukur’s emergence will not be an obstacle to his ambition.
Atiku's spokesperson says:
The PDP constitution is very clear about the zoning of elective offices in the party. Whenever a presidential candidate emerges, the party has a way of moving the office of the chairman to another region or zone that is different from that of the presidential candidate.”

2015 is really going to be an interesting year!!

http://www.punchng.com/news/tukurs-emergence-may-stop-atiku-in-2015/

Re: How Jonathan & Alhaji Bamanga Tukur Foiled Atiku's 2015 Presidential Bid by yaksmichik: 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
Atiku being the only strong political bulldozer who is politically qualify to contest the PDP ticket by 2015 from the Northeast cannot be stop by a shameless old man from going to the primaries come 2015. Bamanga Tukur has nothing to show to his people in Adamawa, he has done nothing for his people talk more of PDP at large.I will always quote him when he was a Governor then; he said i use my money to win this election and nobody will tell me what to do, that's why he brought Raymond Dokpesi a non indegine of Adamawa and made him chief of staff. Occupy the NORTH# grin grin grin
Re: How Jonathan & Alhaji Bamanga Tukur Foiled Atiku's 2015 Presidential Bid by juman(m): 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
It's only God that can determine and knows that.
Re: How Jonathan & Alhaji Bamanga Tukur Foiled Atiku's 2015 Presidential Bid by emmysam2: 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
I disagree. Can GEJ and Tukur stand where Atiku stands in politics. GEJ was only lucky than the North shot themselves in the leg by fielding more than a candidate in the last election, and the East support him.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Celebrate The Inteligencia Of Gej...bakassi Is Back In Cameroon / Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand / Bloomberg Questions Buhari's Ability To Rule Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.