Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (27225 Views)

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Being A Strong Woman Isnt Remarkable, It's Normal - Adichie / Is Cheating Normal For Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by neyostica: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
ifyalways: @jaybee, would you shout at your boss or client just so you could let out steam?
Dont mind him, women needs to learn their place
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by jaybee3(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
ifyalways:
@jaybee, would you shout at your boss or client just so you could let out steam?
My professional demeanour can't be compared with how I will deal with someone I'm intimate with.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by taryour(f): 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2012
ifyalways: @jaybee, would you shout at your boss or client just so you could let out steam?
ododo oro.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
If a man becomes foolish and looses all that makes him a man in the process of indulging in extra marital vices,,he loses all the respect before his wife.Not every woman can successfully share a home with an absentee head of house hold without becoming a nag.A man too has no right to yell or belittle his wife infront of anyone.Only the guy in question knows how the tin of worms that is eating his home was opened.Women have little respect for men that spend more time fooling themselves than attending to the family.This woman has grudges against this man,let him try and sort out his mess.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
The woman is human being and the man is human being and it is normal for human to shout at human . . . Lol
Anyhow, i am sure a sane woman will not be shouting at a man that has done nothing, however, i will suggest that no shouting is needed but to talk into his head when he is calm
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
Fhemmmy: [size=14pt]The woman is human being and the man is human being and it is normal for human to shout at human[/size] . . . Lol
Anyhow, i am sure a sane woman will not be shouting at a man that has done nothing, however, i will suggest that no shouting is needed but to talk into his head when he is calm

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Emekuuss(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
baby.me:
Quite normal
what's dat?
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
ifyalways: . . .would you shout at your boss or client just so you could let out steam?

Ify is a wise woman . .one of the few here that I can place a bet on, regardless of the odds. . .she always looks beneath/beyond the surface. Di anyi dikwa lucky.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by cfours: 4:08am On Sep 09, 2012
would you shout at your boss or client just so you could let out steam?

I would feel terribly sorry for a spouse who sees her husband as a boss or client. that makes for a very messed up relationship.

My mother has shouted at my dad many times and my dad has shouted at her many times. They shout at each other, laugh at each other, gossip with each other, eat together, pray together and have been married for decades. no biggie. as long as it doesn't affect their relationship negatively. It's ok for spouses to raise their voices at some point. In fact, it is almost impossible for it not to happen. but of course, if all you do is shout at each other, then clearly, there is a problem.

but comparing husband and wife relationship to boss and subordinate relationship is very crazy.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by dayokanu(m): 4:13am On Sep 09, 2012
c.fours:

I would feel terribly sorry for a spouse who sees her husband as a boss or client. that is very messed up relationship.

My mother has shouted at my dad many times and my dad has shouted at her many times. They shout at each other, laugh at each other, gossip with each other, eat together, pray together and have been married for decades. no biggie. as long as it doesn't affect their relationship negatively. It's ok for spouses to raise their voices at some point. In fact, it is almost impossible for it not to happen.

comparing husband and wife relationship to boss and subordinate relationship is very crazy.

She wasnt comparing a husband to a boss, Cos I have seen her ask men the same thing especially men that claim their wives make them angry

So the question is if your boss, a policeman, your colleague, your professor, etc make you angry do you yell, kick, punch at them?

So if you can keep your temper with those people why not do same to a person you are married to?

Because our parents did it does not make it right. My Grandfather probably had many wifes, probably just crossed his leg and dished out orders in the household That doesnt make it right. My parents flogged us as kids I wont go and use that as a justification to flog children
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by peroskyeze(m): 4:21am On Sep 09, 2012
BCUS THE HUSBAND NA DOOR MAT NOW, IF NA ME AFTER I CUT OFF HER TATAS SHE GO FEAR FEAR
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by cfours: 4:55am On Sep 09, 2012
dayokanu:

She wasnt comparing a husband to a boss, Cos I have seen her ask men the same thing especially men that claim their wives make them angry
So the question is if your boss, a policeman, your professor, etc make you angry do you yell, kick, punch at them?
So if you can keep your temper with those people why not do same to a person you are married to?

Because our parents did it does not make it right. My Grandfather probably had many wifes, probably just crossed his leg and dished out orders in the household That doesnt make it right. My parents flogged us as kids I wont go and use that as a justification to flog children

I can keep my temper with a boss or policeman because there is a great distance between us. If I get too close to my boss, obviously my fear and respect for him will reduce to a point where I might feel comfortable enough to yell at him. That's why it's advisable for bosses not to have personal relationship with their workers. Then they are too close for comfort. comfort being the key word and the opposite of fear.
ex. I can yell at my parents and siblings without fear that they will disown me. and if I feel comfortable enough with a best friend, same thing.
Keep in mind, I rarely yell at people. but humans are humans and we get on each others' nerves sometimes. and there are some people (ex family) that you can't just ignore or keep ur emotions to yourself because if you do that long enough, you will just explode.
with a friend or boyfriend, you can break up or call off ur relationship if they piss u off enough. but with your family or husband, you have to argue it out.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Johndoe100(m): 5:12am On Sep 09, 2012
c.fours:

I can keep my temper with a boss or policeman because there is a great distance between us. If I get too close to my boss, obviously my fear and respect for him will reduce to a point where I might feel comfortable enough to yell at him. That's why it's advisable for bosses not to have personal relationship with their workers. Then they are too close for comfort. comfort being the key word and the opposite of fear.
ex. I can yell at my parents and siblings without fear that they will disown me. and if I feel comfortable enough with a best friend, same thing.
Keep in mind, I rarely yell at people. but humans are humans and we get on each others' nerves sometimes. and there are some people (ex family) that you can't just ignore or keep ur emotions to yourself because if you do that long enough, you will just explode.
with a friend or boyfriend, you can break up or call off ur relationship if they piss u off enough. but with your family or husband, you have to argue it out.

A swift slap or two will fix any yelling tendencies you have.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by passionate88: 9:17am On Sep 09, 2012
taryour: @debrief08
truely said,d man has less blame,its possible d man is quite n soft in nature but if care is not taken,that creature he has in his house will turn him in2 a mumu of d highest oder and his kids will become his enemy. Futhermore it will b abit difficult to lay down rules for her now cos she wunt change soon,he should av refused dat insult the first time she dished it across to him or slaped her face and make her realise who d head of the home is.
I don't support any man hitting a woman... My dad never beat my mum if she wronged him, he jst walked out and I know what that action does to her... I grew up with that in mind.. Women do misbehave atimes bt it takes a real man to not beat her...
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by cfours: 3:53am On Sep 10, 2012
Johndoe100:

A swift slap or two will fix any yelling tendencies you have.

u don come again, abi? It's pounded yam stick I will use to break ur skull.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 10, 2012
c.fours:

u don come again, abi? It's pounded yam stick I will use to break ur skull.

grin grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 10, 2012
c.fours:

YEKPA! In the words of solomon, "better to leave in the corner of an attic alone than to live in a big house with an overly argumentative, contensious wife."
Thank God I have had the wisdom to avoid your sort during the course of my life.

Yelling is a bad habit, and a rather pointless means of resolving a problem. You both just end up pumping up your egos and at the end of the day, nothing is accomplished or things could even get physical. If someone pisses you off and you feel the urge to yell, just postpone the argument and catch your bearings.
It takes a wise person to know how to use their words and not their yells. Please seek out this wisdom.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by MrsChima(f): 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
What if the husband was deaf
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
I feel sorry for the fishwife whose orientation is that she can only behave herself with someone she 'fears' (e.g. a boss, policemen, armed robbers, etc) or someone she is not close to, but would be comfortable enough to disrespect and yell at her husband or family members! I pity the hapless man that marries this kind of animal. A few months or years into the marriage, she would start fishing for undeserved sympathy as the 'innocent victim' of domestic violence. This is how it starts.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
geeez: There's a debate in my office about a colleague's cousin.

He's the bread winner of his home and his wife's salary is meagre. However, when there's an arguement, the wife yells at him in the presence of the kids and later tells the kids terrible things about their father. Now the guy has noticed his kids are kind of distant from him and more drawn to their mother.

Any ladies in the house? Is this normal?

It's abnormal . . . . Not because he's the major breadwinner, but because he's her husband!

Even if he was jobless, it's still wrong for the woman to insult him and turn his children against him.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
So when you feel comfortable with someone you yell at them?

Interesting

Maybe your husband too would tell you, when he feels comfortable with someone he punches them, thats why he cant punch his boss, Policeman, but he can punch his own wife.

Yelling is an abusive behavious just like beating
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by cfours: 1:28am On Sep 11, 2012
dayokanu:
Yelling is an abusive behavious just like beating

plz don't tell me u have never yelled at a person before. not even your brothers and sisters or girlfriend or friends when they piss u off badly.
Nigerians dat like to shout in conversation talkless of argument.

or maybe when u say yelling ur talking about something more serious and abusive. I think we are misunderstanding each other here.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Metalgoong(m): 2:03am On Sep 11, 2012
Women who think they can shout at their husband wont try it with a man that suffers from diarrhea of the mouth. grin grin grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by dayokanu(m): 2:11am On Sep 11, 2012
c.fours:

plz don't tell me u have never yelled at a person before. not even your brothers and sisters or girlfriend or friends when they piss u off badly.
Nigerians dat like to shout in conversation talkless of argument.

or maybe when u say yelling ur talking about something more serious and abusive. I think we are misunderstanding each other here.

That I have done it doesnt make it right and in most cases we know the ppl we yell at

We only yell at ppl we perceived that we can handle and bully, In all our anger we never yelled at our dad cos we know its a straight slap, We hardly yelled at ppl stronger than us or in a position of authority

Your lil sister made you angry and you yell and smack her, Why not yell and smack your dad or your older uncle when he makes you angry
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by cfours: 2:36am On Sep 11, 2012
dayokanu:

That I have done it doesnt make it right and in most cases we know the ppl we yell at

We only yell at ppl we perceived that we can handle and bully, In all our anger we never yelled at our dad cos we know its a straight slap, We hardly yelled at ppl stronger than us or in a position of authority

Your lil sister made you angry and you yell and smack her, Why not yell and smack your dad or your older uncle when he makes you angry

yelling and hitting are two different things.
but na wa for you o. I thought only oyinbo ppl get suicidal because they were 'yelled at.'

anyway, you are right. yelling is bad. people shouldn't yell.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Jellitah: 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2013
Oh yeah!
Especially, when he wants to pose in front of his friends as "Oga". . . I JUST PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE. . .SHARP-SHARP!!!! grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by AlphaSoul: 11:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
Pg1
Not normal, she is a sick woman who should get help, she is the female version of a wife beater, she doesnt beat him because she is not strong enough but she beats him emotionally. What kind of mad woman shouts on her husband in the presence of anyone let alone the kids and even goes to tell them what he did? too many mentally affected people getting married these days. He better tell her he is done with this nonsense and more of it and she is gone alone, because she will scare those kids for life, she should get help or get out.
I don taya for these kind stories abeg, people know your values, let the spouse know what you will and will not take, the day i shout on my husband in front of my son I know my marriage is over. Crazy people, always going to church but have no single fear of God in their heart
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Mysteriousworld: 1:04am On Dec 29, 2023
harakiri:

This is perfectly NORMAL when a man decides to get married. From your post, the man is doing okay for himself and he's more or less shouldering MOST of the household responsibilities BUT he was dumb enough to go to the registry and swear his life away to a woman. If he was a "baby-daddy" doing okay for himself and having more than enough women begging for his attention, this same woman wouldn't have the effrontery to dare such nonsense. That's the cold truth.

If you're a grown man and you want kids without being manipulated by the feminine gender, then take my advice :

DON'T GET MARRIED! ! !

Wish i saw this years agoπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by capnies: 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
babyme1:
Quite normal

YOU'RE SICK VERY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Told She Would Amount To Nothing By Grandparents, Finally Graduates / 9 Things Teenagers Don’t Want To Hear From Adults / The Joys Of Motherhood In Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.