Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters (2351 Views)

Presidency distances itself from #istandwithbuhari organization / Fani-kayode's Ex Wife, Yemisi Wada, Distances Herself From Online Publication / Fani-kayode Distances Self From Daughter’s Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by OduduwaSon: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2007
How can corruption and looting be tackled effectively in nigeria when the very financial institutions in the west where these monies are hauled fail to take any effective action? This article is very interesting, and I wonder if Abacha were alive today, would anybody touch his or his family members' loot?

http://www.onelga.com/loot_nig.htm
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Kobojunkie: 1:54am On Nov 01, 2007
OH MY LORD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL, HOW MUCH MORE DO THESE PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE FROM US BEFORE WE OPEN OUR EYES AND WAKE UP TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

LOOTED MONEY DISCOVERED IN FOREIGN BANKS NAMES OF DEPOSITORS

LOOTED MONEY DISCOVERED IN FOREIGN BANKS
NAMES OF DEPOSITORS LONDON SWISS($) USA ($) GERMANY (D)

GEN IBRAHIM BABANGIDA 6.25bn 7.41bn 2.00bn 9.00bn
GEN ABUBAKAR 1.31bn 2.33bn 800M
REAR ADMIRAL MIKE AKHIGBE 1.24bn 2.42bn 671M 1bn
GEN JERRY USENI 3.04bn 2.01bn 1.01bn 900M
ALH ISMAILA GWARZO 1.03bn 2.00bn 1.3bn 700M
ALH UMARU DIKKO 4.5bn 1.4bn 700M 345M
PAUL OGWUMA 300M 1.42bn 200M 500M
GEN SANI ABACHA 9.01bn 4.09bn 800M 3.01M
MOHAMMED ABACHA 300M 1.2bn 150M 535M
ABDULKADIR ABACHA 700M 1.21bn 900M 471M
ALHAJI WADA NAS 600M 1.32bn 300M
TOM IKIMI 400M 1.39bn 152M 371M
DAN ETETE 1.12bn 1.03bn 400M 1.72bn
DON ETIBET 2.5bn 1.06bn 700M 361M
MAJ AL MUSTAPHA 600M 1.001bn 210M
ANTHONY ANI[b] 2.9bn 1.09bn 360M 1.66bn [/b]
BASHIR DALHATU 2.3bn 1.001bn 161M 1.43bn
GEN WUSHISHI 700M 1.301bn
ALH HASSAN ADAMU 300M 200M 700M
T Y DANJUMA 300M 200M 700M
GEN ISHAYA BAMAYI 120M 800M
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by OduduwaSon: 2:22am On Nov 01, 2007
The money looted from these few individuals is enough to

1. Provide a computer with internet connection in every home and school in nigeria
2. A fully well equipped hospital in every one of nigeria's local government area
3. 10 Super highways linking Kano to Lagos with 360 smaller road networks springing from these highways
4. Develop a peaceful nuclear energy program that will sustain nigeria with uninterrupted power supply for 50 years
5. Provide adequate housing for 50 million nigerians
6. Revive the Natioanal Carrier (Nigerian Airways) to be fit for purpose both internationally and domestically

Just a handful of people have deprieved 140million nigerians from these benefits. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! sad sad sad
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by almondjoy(f): 3:16am On Nov 01, 2007
Yet the haunting dog of a Rabid Ribadu is fighting corruption in his wildest wet dreams!

What a schmuck!!!!!!
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by naijaking1: 3:28am On Nov 01, 2007
Cry our beloved country!
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by OduduwaSon: 3:31am On Nov 01, 2007
And these are just a handful.  What of all their deputies, ministers, DGs, central bank governor (infact former central bank governor Ahmed, I think thats his name, I don't see him name on the list), former military state governors, ambassadors, secretaries to govt of the federation (SGFs), heads of parastatals, Ajakouta Steel Rolling Mills (another silent loot hole), and the list goes on, what if we were to account for all these people's ill-gotten wealth, the amounts become incomprehensible.

Ribadu should just shut up and seek appointment as Otta Farm Chief security officer.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Amenhotep(m): 4:05am On Nov 01, 2007
Add the current list of looters and emerging looters, and you begin 2 wonder how come there's still peace in nigeria. God forbid war or anything like that, but if you look at failed states like DR Congo, liberia, Sierra leone, countries that were rich in natural resources, the looting made these economies and countries implode hence resulting in war.

Even sadder is the fact that these bandits are still the major sponsors of the current political scene in Nigeria. Maybe we should learn from the Ghana/Rawlings exercise. Blood must be shed in order to restore order (not the blood of innocent nigerians, but these bandits should be treated like armed robbers and taken to the firing squad (public one 4 that fact), so it will serve as a lesson.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by KubeSolja: 4:15am On Nov 01, 2007
How one man can STEAL £6.25bn in a country where a majority of the population struggle to eat one square meal (forget three), and still sleep at night beats me.

Civil servant, military man, (these guys are not business tycoons or anything), to be able to amass such wealth fraudulently, only in AFRICA.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by almondjoy(f): 4:49am On Nov 01, 2007
See all the northerners when full for there?  And Ribadu has the unmitigated gall to point his leprous fingers at Alams and co?  Useless man!

This list of looters came out a while back and the same "world bank" denied being part of it. Only God knows the real state of affairs.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by naijaking1: 4:50am On Nov 01, 2007
OBJ's focus on Abacha's loot was obvious, but why he refused to even address the larger sums stolen by IBB and others is a good reason why me thinks his EFCC attacks on political enemies is just too bad.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by almondjoy(f): 4:57am On Nov 01, 2007
naijaking1:

OBJ's focus on Abacha's loot was obvious, but why he refused to even address the larger sums stolen by IBB and others is a good reason why me thinks his EFCC attacks on political enemies is just too bad.

Your guess is as good as mine. "The Arewa-Oduduwa" Looting Peace Accord. If Abacha was still alive, OBJ would have rotted in jail. He would not have been alive not to talk of become civilan dictator of Nigeria. Who dash monkey banana? God damned his rump I say.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by xanadu: 11:13am On Nov 01, 2007
Amenhotep:

Add the current list of looters and emerging looters, and you begin 2 wonder how come there's still peace in nigeria.

Not really hard to figure out why: everyone one is simply content to wait for their 'turn' .
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2007
I am calling for people to do something please
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Amenhotep(m): 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2007
almondjoy:

See all the northerners when full for there?  And Ribadu has the unmitigated gall to point his leprous fingers at Alams and co?  Useless man!

This list of looters came out a while back and the same "world bank" denied being part of it. Only God knows the real state of affairs.

True, Ribadu/EFCC is a big joke, but dude, the issue here is not north or south, the issue is the systematic abuse and looting of nigeria's resources.  When you dig deep down, you will see that looting has happened on a bastardized scale by individuals from every corner of the country.  Let the world bank and international banking cartel expose these people - ALL OF THEM, and return the money to the peoples of nigeria in an accountable and transparent manner, and then the nigerian govt should bring them to justice.  But what are the chances of that happening?
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by almondjoy(f): 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2007
Amenhotep:

True, Ribadu/EFCC is a big joke, but dude, the issue here is not north or south, the issue is the systematic abuse and looting of nigeria's resources. 

When you dig deep down, you will see that looting has happened on a bastardized scale by individuals from every corner of the country.  Let the world bank and international banking cartel expose these people - ALL OF THEM, and return the money to the peoples of nigeria in an accountable and transparent manner, and then the nigerian govt should bring them to justice.  But what are the chances of that happening?

It has to be an issue of north and south when most of the people being harassed for this so called corruption come from the south by a northern EFCC run Mafia! It is becoming an all too familiar pattern which is sickening.  If it was not meant to be a divisive tool, then EFCC should have pointed the radar equally on ALL LOOTERS!  I should sit down and watch my dear southern brothers and sisters be humiliated for something others are far more guilty of.  When they were paid to do so as necessary conditions of "their employment"?

Look, do not get me wrong--I really would like to see Nigeria as one--but not when some particular set of people use tools of intimidation and favoritism to deal unfairly to others while sparing themselves.  All should be persecuted or none!  Like most of the looters do not come from the north---having ruled for Nigeria for donkey years?  How many have made the news?  The only reason we ever heard of Abacha's loot is because he was called to continue his regime six feet under. Till date, the said loot is unaccounted for and has been recycled amongst "king looters of the Arewa-Oduduwa Looting Mafia Accord"!!!!   Then the "small loot" the south managed to accquire is causing some sleepless nights for Ribadu and co to make themselves look good for the outside world. Abacha would have still been ruling Nigeria now. While I am not given to tribal sentiments-for I could less which what tribe belongs where in Nigeria--I see a pattern that must not be condoned.

Give us some northern looters or western looters so we can have a balanced equation.  Till today--Tinubu is just laying down somewhere, basking in the sun.  This was a guy whom Ribabu described his matter as constituting "a special circumstance"---"a different matter entirely,"  and looting of "international dimensions"---Na God go punish am!  Idiot!!!!
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Mamajama(m): 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2007
This article is old news, its been on for over 3 years, and that just reinforce my hatred for the toothless general.

Why is he so powerful, because he shared his loot with all the generals.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Amenhotep(m): 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2007
almondjoy:

It has to be an issue of north and south when most of the people being harrased for this so called corruption come from the south by a northern EFCC run Mafia! If it was not meant to be a divisive tool, then EFCC should have pointed the radar equally on ALL LOOTERS!
To be honest with you I never looked at it from that perspective, because naturally I don't look at Nigeria like that, however you have a VERY GOOD POINT. EFCC should start with these guys first, and I wonder what's being done about some of the northern governors like that of Zamfara and Jigawa who looted mercilessly? I'm not really hearing about them except Alams, Ibori etc.

almondjoy:

Look, do not get me wrong--I really would like to see Nigeria as one--but not when some particular set of people use tools of intimidation and favoritism to deal unfairly to others while sparing themselves. All should be persecuted or none!
I totally agree!

almondjoy:

Like most of the looters do not come from the north? How many have made the news. The only reason we ever heard of Abacha's is because he was called to continue his regime six feet under. Abacha would have still been ruling Nigeria now. While I am not given to tribal sentiments-for I could not care what tribe belongs where in Nigeria--but I see a pattern that must not be condoned.
Personally I think there are equally as much looters from everywhere, whether you loot one million or one billion, you looted, the only difference is that these northern figures held power, hence they looted more and are obviously on the forefront. But if they are in the forefront, with facts about their looting available, why aren't they in the forefront of this economic and financial crimes crusade? Again agree with you here, this pattern must not be condoned.

almondjoy:

Give us some nothern looters or western looters so we can have a balanced equation. Till today--Tinubu is just laying down somewhere. This was a guy who Ribabu described his matter as a "special circumstance"---Na God go purnish am!
Equation can only be balanced when ALL LOOTERS (like you said) are brought to account.

Mamajama:

This article is old news, its been on for over 3 years, and that just reinforce my hatred for the toothless general.

This article, and indeed similar articles, should never be treated as old news. Nigerians tend to forget things and accept the status quo very easily. As long as these people remain unaccountable, articles like this should continue to be a reminder of what has actually happened in Nigeria over 47years. This is no joke. One person, £6.25bn, pounds NOT naira oh, pounds, for f**K sake!
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by presido1: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2007
Mamajama:

If the above is true then we need the curent list with names like OBJ,RIBADU,UBA and the rest.
We are doomed.
Kobojunkie:

I am calling for people to do something please
which people are you calling? Are you Ghanaian if i may ask. Start and other will follow you.

almondjoy:

Yet the haunting dog of a Rabid Ribadu is fighting corruption in his wildest wet dreams!

What a schmuck!!!!!!
We that have eyes know of this selective fight long before now.

Where are does asking for evidence before their EFCC could start action.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Amenhotep(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2007
presido1:

If the above is true then we need the curent list with names like OBJ,RIBADU,UBA and the rest.
We are doomed.
That one will come in the next 47yrs maybe, if we're not careful.

presido1:
which people are you calling? Are you Ghanaian if i may ask. Start and other will follow you.
grin
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by OduduwaSon: 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2007
So why do these foreign banks continue to accept these huge sums of money from govt officials? They must be benefitting & getting kickbacks too, nobody gives a f***k about africa man, including africans themselves.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2007
presido1:

We are doomed.which people are you calling? Are you Ghanaian if i may ask. Start and other will follow you.

Where are does asking for evidence before their EFCC could start action.

I have been working on it for years now, where are the people who you claim are going to follow?? What is wrong with me asking people to join and do something ?? @Presido undecided
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Mamajama(m): 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2007
We should all ASK BIGB1 Why his dad took the 1st spot with no close rival . DAMN the toothless general must be real good at stealing
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by presido1: 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I have been working on it for years now, where are the people who you claim are going to follow?? What is wrong with me asking people to join and do something ?? @Presido undecided
Well i do not know you are doing something about it, please shed more light and also let us know where you will need us.
Mamajama:

We should all ASK BIGB1 Why his dad took the 1st spot with no close rival . DAMN the toothless general must be real good at stealing
I beleive Thief Ehidiaro or whatever will be in the next list
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Mamajama(m): 9:31pm On Nov 01, 2007
Ehindero is how you spell that name Dummy. you can't compare people with integrity to your useless toothless fat neck uncle BABANGIDA. a thief and a dictator and a murderer.

It's like night and day you cant comapare and contrast.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by presido1: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2007
His name is not even worth spelling. Lets wait for the next list. Ehindi-ara or whatever must be listed with his zoo mate OBJ.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by almondjoy(f): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2007
Heh! cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

presido1:

His name is not even worth spelling. Lets wait for the next list. Ehind-ara or whatever must be listed with his zoo mate OBJ.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Mamajama(m): 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2007
Dude,  you are clueless like someone who has never been to a glamorous show.  That name can not be duplicated,  its UNIQUE like a SSN

I don't expect you to know what that stand for because your little brain has been exhausted in smoking crack.

There is only 1 EHINDERO in the nation of over 140 Million,  that alone is class and Mountain that can not be rock or move,  stay tune.  20 years from now you will be singing and calling that name like a prisoner begging for mercy.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by Mamajama(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2007
I love fighting with IBB boys, where is your cousin BIGB1?

I got more dirt on your family than you can imagine.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by BigB11(m): 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2007

@MAMAJAMA
Why do you have to always get me involved with your mess?
You need to slow down or else someone will make you.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by omoge(f): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2007
shocked shocked shocked

Is there any way to get the money back from these banks
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by BigB11(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2007
MAMAJAMA:
by the way, what happened to the position with UN?
You better tell your old man to return home, the position has been taken and it's getting too cold out there in NYC.
Re: World Bank Distances Itself From List Of Nigerian Looters by BigB11(m): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2007
Is there any way to get the money back from these banks

World bank will take us serious as soon as a real war against corruption is introduced in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chuka Umunna, The British Obama In Making? / Ilorin,kwara,kogi Where Part Of The Southern Protectorate Rule By George Goldie / The New Face Of Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.