Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,148 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:49 AM

IrokoTV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / IrokoTV (20240 Views)

Netflix Vs Irokotv Vs Nollywood / Do You Watch Irokotv Or You Use Dvd Or Renter Shop? / Any Recommendation For Free African Films On Youtube Or Irokotv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IrokoTV by Chizolum(f): 3:42am On Mar 27, 2012
Irokotv.com is a website that let's you watch Nigerian and Ghanaian movies online. I have found this very useful because i don't have africa magic or any other channel with african movies on it where I am. registration is currently free but it ends very soon. I'm not sure yet what the monthly fee will be but for the mean time, i highly recommend!!. <3 wink
Re: IrokoTV by Nobody: 4:17am On Mar 27, 2012
the day viewing these movies stop being free, is the day i will stop watching these movies. my only aim is to finally see a GREAT 9ja movie, and by the look of things, it will take a while to happen.

was on the iroko site a few days a go, watched a movie called Queen Gaga (crap movie as usual), only to realize that the movie had a first part named Lady Gaga 1&2. lol! do they expect people to dream that there is another movie to watch first? nowhere was it mentioned on their site....and how does a person know which one is the first one to watch (queen gaga or lady gaga)? and that is the same shiit for ALL their movies. at least on their youtube account, you could read the comments and figure that out.
Re: IrokoTV by Chizolum(f): 4:33am On Mar 27, 2012
LOL... I've actually seen that movie. It is horrible. I agree that that's one problem they have but the site is still good doe. smiley
Re: IrokoTV by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 27, 2012
^^hey dont get me wrong, i also believe the site is great ......so long as it is FREE!
Re: IrokoTV by ajetunde: 2:17pm On Mar 28, 2012
MRbrownJAY: the day viewing these movies stop being free, is the day i will stop watching these movies. my only aim is to finally see a GREAT 9ja movie, and by the look of things, it will take a while to happen.

was on the iroko site a few days a go, watched a movie called Queen Gaga (crap movie as usual), only to realize that the movie had a first part named Lady Gaga 1&2. lol! do they expect people to dream that there is another movie to watch first? nowhere was it mentioned on their site....and how does a person know which one is the first one to watch (queen gaga or lady gaga)? and that is the same shiit for ALL their movies. at least on their youtube account, you could read the comments and figure that out.

Well well, I've used iROKOtv and I follow Iroko on facebook and I love what they are doing with nollywood, In fact, I watched The Return of Jenifa on Iroko last weekend. Your comment is very dumb cos if you have eyes and you can read you'll see from the arrangement that Lady Gaga comes first. Meanwhile, you still weren't smart enough to look at the comments.

Mr. the internet is not for you, please stick to TV.

Re: IrokoTV by ecode: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
I believe that the movie is been gotten the same way the interesting ones which you will love to watch again are been gotten...so the issue of it been "horrible" is not strong enough to stop people who are movie lovers to stop watching tongue. About the prequel to the movie queen gaga, probably you didn't check well because i watched the two movies on their site and i liked it...so as they say, "one man's food is another man's poison" so if you don't like the movie search for another one you may love. Thumbs up irokotv for making my eveninigs grin
Re: IrokoTV by opeawo(m): 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
These guys are doing great no doubt. Even the site alone is catchy, well organised and beautifully garnished with sweet colours. That's not enough, their movies are tight too. If you can't migrate through their site easily, I bet you should employ an instructor tongue Great work guys!
Re: IrokoTV by vinderbilt: 12:49am On Mar 29, 2012
They are doing good, but I think they still suck in the streaming technology side. player is still a bit buggy
Re: IrokoTV by snafu: 5:18am On Mar 29, 2012
Chizolum: Irokotv.com is a website that let's you watch Nigerian and Ghanaian movies online. I have found this very useful because i don't have africa magic or any other channel with african movies on it where I am. registration is currently free but it ends very soon. I'm not sure yet what the monthly fee will be but for the mean time, i highly recommend!!. <3 wink

there's so many african movies on youtube.com/movies and it's free too
Re: IrokoTV by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 29, 2012
bwaaaaaaah!!! a lot has been happening on this thread.

First of all let me congratulate Irokotv and their staff for listening to viewer's input. few days ago i talked about an issue, and surprisingly, today there is a BIG SIGN in front of the Queen Gaga video (next to the play button) that says: CONT. TO LADY GAGA.
i guess you guys are quick to work on issues. thumbs up!

Second, let me educate Ajetunde by saying that: the "comments" i expect to read about the movies are from IROKOTV (like they use to do on Nollywoodlove), not the comments from common viewers who will spoil the movie for me, duh!

And last but not least, as for the TWO NL poster with ONE POST (Ecode and Opeawo) who "miraculously" came to praise irokotv, lmao....... come on irokotv, you should know better than to create BS profiles to praise yourself!
Re: IrokoTV by tunde1200(m): 5:45am On Mar 29, 2012
but do people still watch our local tv ?
iroko just earing for the first time please throw more light onit
Re: IrokoTV by Chizolum(f): 5:52am On Mar 29, 2012
tunde1200: but do people still watch our local tv ?
iroko just earing for the first time please throw more light onit

It's a website that lets you watch Nigerian movies online. It's free now but only for a limited time. www.irokotv.com. smiley If you need help with anything, let me know.
Re: IrokoTV by Chizolum(f): 5:53am On Mar 29, 2012
snafu:

there's so many african movies on youtube.com/movies and it's free too
OK
Re: IrokoTV by MissyB3(f): 8:32am On Mar 29, 2012
Very useful, indeed. My fav. naija movie site at the moment.
IrokoTv sure has the edge over other movie sites. The day I found that site, I stopped visiting the others.
Re: IrokoTV by cold(m): 9:20am On Mar 29, 2012
Iroko Tv and their buffering issues.Are they ever going to get that right?Even when they say they have the problem still persists.It takes an hour and a half or two to watch an hr long movie.& to think these movies now come in 4 parts or 6 like that 'Sins of the Past'.I've given up on them,now trying my hands on alternative sites
Re: IrokoTV by executinal(m): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2012
IrokoTV is a crap. always buffering
Re: IrokoTV by shilling(f): 9:47am On Mar 29, 2012
Thanks for the link OP. Don't have to rely on Youtube Movies anymore. Nice website too!
Re: IrokoTV by Naijamann(m): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2012
executinal: IrokoTV is a crap. always buffering

You are right...IrokoTV is a fraud...you will all get to know this very soon! I will rather continue watching good old Nollywood movies free of charge on websites like onlinenigeria.com and naijapal.com.

Oh wait a minutes, there is another website that streams classic nollywood movies @ http://www.victolavideos.com...go there to enjoy all them classic nollywood movies much more better with good storylines than the crap they called movies these days!
Re: IrokoTV by Bastiger(m): 10:05am On Mar 29, 2012
Irokotv or not,some nigerian movies are really a joy to watch,but most of them are just a bunch of crap
Re: IrokoTV by snthesis(m): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY: the day viewing these movies stop being free, is the day i will stop watching these movies. my only aim is to finally see a GREAT 9ja movie, and by the look of things, it will take a while to happen.

u only watch cos its free- yea ryt, jst admit that u r a sucker for Nollywood movies, u even get degree sef for searching them out tongue
Re: IrokoTV by Akpaamu: 11:23am On Mar 29, 2012
Not into movies...really busy now, may be when i get to my 80th birthday, hope it would be free then, cos wont even pay then if it isnt free
Re: IrokoTV by emsquare(m): 11:54am On Mar 29, 2012
Chizolum: Irokotv.com is a website that let's you watch Nigerian and Ghanaian movies online. I have found this very useful because i don't have africa magic or any other channel with african movies on it where I am. registration is currently free but it ends very soon. I'm not sure yet what the monthly fee will be but for the mean time, i highly recommend!!. <3 wink

Okay!
Re: IrokoTV by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2012
Iroko TV is a waste of time
Re: IrokoTV by Afritelly: 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
True promote we need to promote our indigenous made. Nollywood/IrokoTV software for Windows Vista & 7, Download it here http://www.afritelly.com/download/count/click.php?id=1 unzip the file and double click the IrokoTV icon (No need to install anything inside your computer).

1 Like

Re: IrokoTV by Kuulnomsy(m): 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2012
Adetayo100: Iroko TV is a waste of time

Maybe you were looking for p.orn wink and could't see any cheesy,
iROKOtv is the bomb joor cool <3 <3 kiss
Re: IrokoTV by ajetunde: 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2012
hehehehe, Thanks for the Education Mrbrownjay. After reading all the comments on this page, I think I'll state my own personal honest and unbiased opinion.

I've always waited for the day I'll get to see a brilliant idea or an indigenous tech start up that'll grow from Nigeria and beyond, that's why I'll always support our own (Nairaland, Naijapals, Jobberman, Techloy, Dealdey, Dealfish and so on anywhere and anyday) IROKOTV started in December and I love what they did (I for once never liked the fact that they are resting their back on youtube)and for a Nigerian company in a Nigerian condition (NEPA, Poor Internet, No Govt Support...you know the rest)that started four months ago, they've done well for themselves. I also agree they still have a lot to do.

I believe in integrity and building something that'll last, that's why I'll NEVER support stealing and uploading someone else's sweat!! and if it's $5 I have to pay to watch movies every month, it won't hurt me. I know they pay to get rights to this movie and they also pay for every bandwidth consumed by the morons that end up saying they are crap....

My own 2 kobo -- if you ever want growth and development, you'll have to pay (Just like it's supposed to be). That's why you'll never see a successful software developer in Nigeria.(Shame)

1 Like

Re: IrokoTV by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
^^ you have a point but the brilliant idea happened with Nollywoodlove, Not Irokotv, it could have "lasted" forever, if they didnt become greedy.......and it was never "stealing" because they got a revenue from Youtube, thanks to ads and the millions of views.

- if we look at some of the replies on this thread, we can clearly understand that Irokotv is a step DOWN from Nollywoodlove, in terms of viewing pleasure, thanks to their buffering issue.
- what has Irokotv brought to the table that is better than their Youtube account?
- do you believe that people should simply pay because Irokotv decided that we should?

the fact that their site is free is the ONLY reason why they have so much traffic today, the minute they make it a pay site, people will simply go to other websites.............Irokotv, i hope you are reading this, lol!!!
Re: IrokoTV by Chizolum(f): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2012
Adetayo100: Iroko TV is a waste of time

Point noted.
Re: IrokoTV by Chizolum(f): 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
Kuulnomsy:

Maybe you were looking for p.orn wink and could't see any cheesy,
iROKOtv is the bomb joor cool <3 <3 kiss

LOL... #Agreed wink
Re: IrokoTV by Freesia(f): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2012
They have a new site? what better place to advertise than NL
What I found unethical about the way they were conducting their business a few years ago (I knew them as Nollywoodlove) was the way they went about deceiving and misleading folk on youtube that they were the only ones downloading movies legally and that everybody else was pirating their movies.

They went to a point of changing the titles of some Ghanaian movies to "match some sort" of Nollywood criteria.I don't know what they were on about with that particular move ?!?
While all this was going on I personally had 2 friends who were downloading movies after buying them from the African shops in London and were also greatly accused of pirating their movies.
It's a good thing other websites came up and we are now spoiled for choice on where to watch the movies we "complain" about but gladly watch smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Thread For Gotham Series / Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" / Eloswag Evicted From Big Brother Naija House & Moved To Level 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.