Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip (7435 Views)

Did El-Rufai And His Deputy, Bantex Slap Each Other? Here Is The Story / Hembe And Madaki Exchange Slaps Over ‘Juicy’ Committees / Tuface And Rep Member Herman Hembe Back In The Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by strangerf: 4:38am On Mar 27, 2012
[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=hon._herman_hembe___NEW_349585514.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

•Commission probes Oteh’s N30m hotel bill

[size=18pt]TWO key actors in the N44 million fraud allegation rocking the House of Representatives – former Chairman of the House Committee on Capital Market and Other Institutions Herman Hembe and his erstwhile deputy, Chris Azubogu [/size]- have confessed that they did not attend a workshop for which they got money from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

Hembe and Azubogu told Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) interrogators that they collected estacode from the SEC to attend a capacity building workshop in Dominican Republic but never did.

Their confession came on a day the EFCC launched a probe into the N30 million hotel bill allegedly incurred by SEC’s Director-General Ms. Arunma Oteh.
But the anti-graft agency is still trying to ascertain who between SEC and the House Committee actually initiated the N30 million bribe.
The two parties have persistently accused each other of initiating the scandal.
Hembe’s and Azubogu’s confessions were the highpoints of the interrogation of former House Committee members and Oteh.
The EFCC obtained a statement from Oteh last Thursday. It grilled Hembe, his deputy and three members of the committee, including the Clerk, Mr. Femi T. Ogunsanya, last Friday for about seven hours.
A source, who spoke on what transpired during the drilling of Hembe and the others, said there were “frank confessions”.
The source said: “Hembe and his deputy admitted that they were sponsored by SEC to Dominican Republican for a capacity workshop but could not attend. They also confirmed that they collected all allowances accruable for the four-day capacity training.
“Hembe said he travelled to the United States (U.S.) and by the time he arrived in the U.S., he realised ‘I will miss the conference. I informed SEC and returned home’.
[size=18pt]“Azubogu also admitted that he did not attend the workshop in Dominican Republic but he collected the estacode.
“Azubogu said although he did not use the air ticket, he got the accruing allowance from SEC.”
[/size]
Asked why he did not return the estacode, said the source, Azubogu told the interrogation team: “I collected estacode for the workshop but I did not go…I was expecting SEC to demand the return of the estacode before I do so. It is still intact with me…’
But there are more hurdles ahead for Hembe as his trip to Dominican Republic has forced the EFCC to raise fresh posers.
The posers, according to the commission’s source, are: “How did Hembe route his ticket? Shouldn’t his ticket take cognisance of the days set aside for the workshop? Is it necessary for Hembe to fly to Dominican Republic through the U.S.? Assuming he preferred to go to Dominican Republic through U.S., why did he arrive in the U.S. late?
“We will certainly re-examine Hembe’s itinerary, stamps on his passport, flight schedule and movement in the U.S. I think we may still interact with Hembe after meeting with travel agency and SEC staff.”
The source explained that a major challenge of the probe is getting to the roots of which of the party actually initiated the bribe scam.
The source went on: “We are talking to other staff to see at what stage the bribe was demanded. Each party is accusing the other of initiating the bribe. We will certainly unravel who made the request. Investigation can lead to any direction; we are conducting it with an open mind.
“We have invited more staff of SEC to appear before our investigation team on Monday. We have interacted with the Clerk of the House Committee and other staff. We will get to the root of how the bribe was offered.”
Responding to a question, the source said: “The EFCC has granted Hembe, his deputy and the staff of the committee administrative bail.
“But we have asked the House Committee to bring documents; we are awaiting their response.”
On Oteh, the source said: “We took her statement on Thursday, based on her bribe claim but she needs to also respond to counter-allegations from Hembe and others. So, we may still take more statement from her.
“But we have started probing the N30 million she allegedly incurred on hotel bill. That is another vital angle to the row.
“The EFCC has retrieved some documents relating to Oteh’s hotel and feeding bills. More SEC employees have also been invited for questioning.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/41184-hembe-deputy-admit-collecting-estacode-for-trip.html
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by dayokanu(m): 4:50am On Mar 27, 2012
Na wa ooo
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by emiye(m): 5:32am On Mar 27, 2012
“I collected estacode for the workshop but I did not go…I was expecting SEC to demand the return of the estacode before I do so. It is still intact with me…’

The quoted statement shows he is a criminall, does he have to be told to return it?

1 Like

Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 27, 2012
they have started again! is this only peculia to the ibo senators in nigeria? definitely NO
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by DonCarlos1(m): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2012
I bleed when I see presumably educated and mature Nigerians decend into the gutter of tribalism. This forum which should have been a platform for dissipation of ideas and knowledge, unforunately appears to have been hijacked by some who inadvertently are building up and preaching hate. Friends, the war front is out there. The rest of the world has moved on (read from ideas).
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by DRANOEL(m): 8:35am On Mar 27, 2012
@poster

how did you come up with your heading ' ibo senators' when 1. they are house of rep members and 2. one of the two (hembe) you mentioned is from benue? are you trying to incite another e-war?
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by MrGlobe(m): 8:42am On Mar 27, 2012
Is that the house of reps? Ok, they learnt from the igidimgba of yorubaland, patricia folake otteh and Bank -ole. Champions of corruption in the green chambers. oops the same tribe? LoL
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by Yeske2(m): 8:54am On Mar 27, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Is that the house of reps? Ok, they learnt from the igidimgba of yorubaland, patricia folake otteh and Bank -ole. Champions of corruption in the green chambers. oops the same tribe? LoL
DRANOEL: @poster

how did you come up with your heading ' ibo senators' when 1. they are house of rep members and 2. one of the two (hembe) you mentioned is from benue? are you trying to incite another e-war?
Exactly the silly poster's plan
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 27, 2012
I A̶̲̥̅̊M̶̲̥̅ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ very surprised @ dis man called chris azobugo! When i W̶̲̥̅̊α̩̩̩̩̥§ servin I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ anambra state, i used τ̅☺ see his poster I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nnewi & ekwusigo wit A̶̲̥̅ big inscription, ''I WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE'' i gues dis Ȋ̝̊̅§ †ЂΞ kind of difference he meant. Shame on him! Same criminals. Idio.t
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 27, 2012
Boyloaf: I A̶̲̥̅̊M̶̲̥̅ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ very surprised @ dis man called chris azobugo! When i W̶̲̥̅̊α̩̩̩̩̥§ servin I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ anambra state, i used τ̅☺ see his poster I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nnewi & ekwusigo wit A̶̲̥̅ big inscription, ''I WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE'' i gues dis Ȋ̝̊̅§ †ЂΞ kind of difference he meant. Shame on him! Same criminals. Idio.t

Proudly biafran !
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by ZUBY77(m): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2012
Bunch of comedians. Criminals who cant even lie properly
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by Baawaa(m): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2012
Oh LORD deliver my country from the grip of corruption
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2012
Boyloaf: I A̶̲̥̅̊M̶̲̥̅ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ very surprised @ dis man called chris azobugo! When i W̶̲̥̅̊α̩̩̩̩̥§ servin I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ anambra state, i used τ̅☺ see his poster I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nnewi & ekwusigo wit A̶̲̥̅ big inscription, ''I WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE'' i gues dis Ȋ̝̊̅§ †ЂΞ kind of difference he meant. Shame on him! Same criminals. Idio.t

^^^Oh boy!!! With all those codes and symbols, you could be using an alien laptop.

In a decent society, where people are held to account for their actions, them two would have resigned from their elected positions after making such a confession. But don't hold your breath. Nigeria has been held captive since the late 60's by a mafia of looters, rent-seekers and murderers.

They are to be found in all facets of our national life: judiciary, executive, legislature, contractors, clergy, etc. They know themselves, and take care of one another. When they pass on, their children take over, and the ranks are further swelled by new recruits (that've cut their teeth as apprentices, sychophants, praise singers and thugs) that have been found trustworthy enough to join the bloodsucking cult.

What is going to happen to Bankole, Elumelu, Babangida, Obasanjo, Nnamani (ex Enugu Gov'), Tinubu, Orji, (etc) and all the newly discovered crooks from all these recent (pension, power sector, oyel subsidy, etc) probes? These are all members of the cult, and nothing will happen to them. Occassionaly, you do get one poor sod that gets no protection owing to certain factors like: caste iron proof of guilt, or not belonging to the right power-bloc within the wider cult; an example of this can be found in poor Mrs Ibru, and Alams of Bayelsa State.

To cut a long story short, we are all fucke/d!!!
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by Esss(m): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2012
- I say no to tribalism. . I shall not be tempted. . wooosaaah!!!

1 Like

Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by tafiya: 11:37am On Mar 27, 2012
Chei!30m on hotel bills!!!Pls am i dreaming?
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by deshclones(m): 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
tafiya: Chei!30m on hotel bills!!!Pls am i dreaming?

bush hed10t..how much did obaseki former gmd of nnpc blow on hotels bills? you are here damaging you poor overworked heart and lungs for nothing..smh undecided undecided
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by ifysimple(f): 12:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
House of representathieves
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by moderattor: 12:27pm On Mar 27, 2012
bush meat don dey pursue hunter!
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by snthesis(m): 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
small wonder the House wants to stop brodcasting its Panel of enquiries realtime- damage limitation- bloody thieves. imagine pot calling kettle black. herman hembe what kind of name is that sef sounds german
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by gegee(m): 12:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
na God go punish all these criminals. dem dey see position as opportunity to collect free money
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by onyewec3: 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Proudly biafran !

Am nt surprise a foolish person lyk you would add dis kind of comment.is dimeji bankole,olabode george biafrans?well,get off frm tribalism and see d light of d day.if dey are found wanting,should b charged to court and jailed as d law stipulates!
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
snthesis: small wonder the House wants to stop brodcasting its Panel of enquiries realtime- damage limitation- bloody thieves. imagine pot calling kettle black. herman hembe what kind of name is that sef sounds german

^^^Hehehe grin grin. I've also been struck by how funny the name sounds. Sounds like an exotic african dance- do the herman hembe grin.

The mind boggles!!!
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by Damoche10: 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
Make una c me see trouble ooo.......meaning their hands are not really clean.ow can u bring a rogue to cleans someone who knows her Job well?.....Played to the gallery..
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by yunafa(f): 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
...AND THEY WOULD DENY THE YOUNGER WORKING GENERATION ANY OPPORTUNITY TO GO ON FOREIGN TOURS,SEMINARS AND THE LIKE...THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED VOMITTING(CONFESSION).
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by 1025: 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
pdp is seriously making mockery of nigeria and nigerians.
unhonorable mrs. dr. etteh, senator princess iyabo obasanjo, senator andy uba, senator ndume the terrorist, vice president(terrorist) sambo and now hembe are all pdp members and they are agents of shame and darkness. did i even mention the one that dressed like a woman and travelled back all the way from uk? what about the aged ex-cobvict called chief bode george? untouchable tony annenih and almight obasanjo are all stunch members of pdp. is anyone aware that a $13m fraud case is pending on our current first lady who is also a pdp member?
the most honest nigerian alive(nuhu ribadu) could not account for his stewardship and became bigger than his employee(the nigerian police) that he even ran away from justice only for jonathan to force him back on the condition of presidential pardon to a man that never accepted to commit any crime.
it is a very big shame that nigerians are expecting a change under this pdp led govt.
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2012
A HOUSE OF THIEVES
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by thehomer: 2:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
What happens next? Has anyone been charged for a crime? Will they lose their positions?
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by dayokanu(m): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2012
I thought they said only Hausas and Yoruba dey steal money
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by theviper1: 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
@PROUD-IGBO,daalu nwanne mmadu.u've said it all.and 4 those who are sick tribalist animals who cant even contribute meaninigfully to the smallest of national debates,i say GO GET HELP ASAP.we are talking about our own brothers and sisters stealing what belongs to all of us and these poor dic/kheads are talking about tribes. the same pple who call themselves youths and are ready to take over the nation 2morrow.WHAT A CRYING SHAME! imagine dudes collecting estacodes and hanging around in nigeria and telling us that the money is intact.(remember that they lobby for these posts in the 1st place)the woman blew 30million naira in a hotel without fear,the other ones demanded 44million in bribe.Chineke meerem anyi ebere.pple with shame and decorum woulda resigned frm their posts and their house memberships.(bt that is in other parts of the world where human beings lives).here,they will be protected by their own and it will be business as usual. cry cry
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by otokx(m): 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2012
hmmm
Re: Hembe & His Deputy Chris Azubogu Admit Collecting Estacode For Trip by ENEONWO(m): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2012
Was it not the same Herman Hembe who granted an interview to the Sun Newspaper, maintaining that he attended the seminar where he met some SEC official. The interview can be found in either of last Saturday or Sunday Sun. Na real waah!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okada-Riders’ Protest New Lagos Traffic-Law / Adeosun Wants CBN To Extend BVN To Micro Finance Banks / Just In: Buhari Shocks Oshiomole, Endorse His Removal As APC National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.