Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? (25942 Views)

Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / Photos: The Longest Banner In Nigeria Hit Third Mainland Bride / "I Am Ready Group" Unveils The Longest Banner For Buhari In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by mojounited(m): 4:52am On Mar 27, 2012
Eigth wonder: Is A’Ibom bridge the longest in Africa?
From JOE EFFIONG & AMAOWO UDOFIA
Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Which is the longest bridge in Africa? Niger Bridge; Wrong. Third Mainland Bridge? Wrong. Etebi-Enwang Bridge; Correct. And it is in Akwa Ibom State and has already been tagged one of the wonders of the world. If the Third Mainland Bridge with only 11.82 km in length can hitherto wear the gold medal as the longest bridge in Africa, the Etebi-Enwang Bridge with a total length of 21 Km would not only send Third Mainland Bridge to a distant second position, but would also compete stoutly with the Saudi Arabia’s King Fahd Bridge for a bronze medal as the third longest bridge in the world leaving first and second positions unchallenged to Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Southern Louisiana, USA with 38.42 Km and Donghai Bridge in China with 32.5km.

The Akwa Ibom state commissioner works, Mr Don Etim, who went on inspection of the wonder bridge on Monday, said that the construction of the bridge which is part of Etebi-Enwang Road, started in 2008 and the Etebi -Enwang axis would lead to the proposed Ibaka sea port in the state. The Etebi-Enwang road cuts across Eket and Mbo local government areas of the state. Etim said the construction of the road and bridge had been a great challenge to previous administrations because communities in the area had no roads that is why the Akpabio administration had to up the area. He said the contractors working on the project were all screened, as projects of such nature are not to be carried out in flimsy ways.

The principal consultant of the project, Mr. Victor Annang of Mega Projects International, said the challenges encountered the construction has been enormous. owing to the nature of the soil in the area, as such a beacon pile bridge was a suitable option. This, coupled with the addition of two more bridges, he said led to an extension of the completion time of the project to 2013, rather 2011. . .

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/mar/27/national-27-03-2012-0020.html
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by mojounited(m): 4:58am On Mar 27, 2012
Dang! Obong Godswill Obot Akpabio - Road Infrastructure Governor

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by BlackPikiN(m): 5:16am On Mar 27, 2012
Akpabio is the man!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Abagworo(m): 5:31am On Mar 27, 2012
I give it to this man. If he is able to do that, he has beaten Amaechi hands down. It also means Bayelsa can work.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by emiye(m): 5:34am On Mar 27, 2012
A great one by Akpabio, hope to see the bridge in its partial state of completion.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 27, 2012
I would love to see the picture. Atimes I feel so happy to come from Nigeria, atimes I feel so bad.

The article with comments looks like something gotten from skyscraper site. This project is good.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by vb0mb(m): 6:43am On Mar 27, 2012
Even when we've not seen, we still belief our government - kolomentality.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by RoadStar: 6:53am On Mar 27, 2012
Hmmm Na wa o!
So a state government can undertake a project beyond the reach of the FG !!
This will be the biggest wonder or the biggest fraud.
Please can we have pics and other details?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 27, 2012
Hmmm........... I want to see pictures before I comment.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 27, 2012
let there be a picture and a guiness book nomination.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 27, 2012
Longest bridge in africa still remain third mainland bridge, untill another bridge is completed, longer and usable, , third still remains the longest

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Excelboi(m): 9:53am On Mar 27, 2012
Is this an achievement? Only bridge, u guys are ranting! is it longest we want to hear to how properly built and how long it will last.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 27, 2012
i did my nysc at akwaibom, ikotekpene to be precise. yes, he is building very good roads, but for no reason, u will see a good road leading to no where, no houses, schools or anythinh, but road go just dey, make e be say e dey. i think roads should be built where they have economic value, the same way peter obi is doing
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Machini(m): 10:05am On Mar 27, 2012
crusifis: i did my nysc at akwaibom, ikotekpene to be precise. yes, he is building very good roads, but for no reason, u will see a good road leading to no where, no houses, schools or anythinh, but road go just dey, make e be say e dey. i think roads should be built where they have economic value, the same way peter obi is doing

Hahaha. Guy u wicked o. "Road leading to nowhere"
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by stepo707: 10:10am On Mar 27, 2012
Kudos Akpabio
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Omen100(m): 10:21am On Mar 27, 2012
mojounited: Eigth wonder: Is A’Ibom bridge the longest in Africa?
Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Which is the longest bridge in Africa? Niger Bridge; Wrong. Third Mainland Bridge? Wrong. Etebi-Enwang Bridge; Correct. And it is in Akwa Ibom State and has already been tagged one of the wonders of the world. If the Third Mainland Bridge with only 11.82 km in length can hitherto wear the gold medal as the longest bridge in Africa, the Etebi-Enwang Bridge with a total length of 21 Km would not only send Third Mainland Bridge to a distant second position, but would also compete stoutly with the Saudi Arabia’s King Fahd Bridge for a bronze medal as the third longest bridge in the world leaving first and second positions unchallenged to Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Southern Louisiana, USA with 38.42 Km and Donghai Bridge in China with 32.5km.

The Akwa Ibom state commissioner works, Mr Don Etim, who went on inspection of the wonder bridge on Monday, said that the construction of the bridge which is part of Etebi-Enwang Road, started in 2008 and the Etebi -Enwang axis would lead to the proposed Ibaka sea port in the state. The Etebi-Enwang road cuts across Eket and Mbo local government areas of the state. Etim said the construction of the road and bridge had been a great challenge to previous administrations because communities in the area had no roads that is why the Akpabio administration had to up the area. He said the contractors working on the project were all screened, as projects of such nature are not to be carried out in flimsy ways.

The principal consultant of the project, Mr. Victor Annang of Mega Projects International, said the challenges encountered the construction has been enormous. owing to the nature of the soil in the area, as such a beacon pile bridge was a suitable option. This, coupled with the addition of two more bridges, he said led to an extension of the completion time of the project to 2013, rather 2011. . .

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/mar/27/national-27-03-2012-0020.html

Photos please, talk is cheap angry angry angry
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by aieromon(m): 10:22am On Mar 27, 2012
Where's the pishure to proof such a claim? undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by DisGuy: 10:30am On Mar 27, 2012
crusifis: i did my nysc at akwaibom, ikotekpene to be precise. yes, he is building very good roads, but for no reason, u will see a good road leading to no where, no houses, schools or anythinh, but road go just dey, make e be say e dey. i think roads should be built where they have economic value, the same way peter obi is doing

the roads will eventually encourage developers and business to move in, the roads can act as planning tools with drainage already in place so people dont build anyhow
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by chino11(m): 10:32am On Mar 27, 2012

I agree with you in-toto
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nonybb: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2012
eiiii eiiiii DONT EVEN MENTION PETER OBI THE CRIMINAL HERE! WAT KIND OF HUMAN BEING IS THIS? ARE U IN THIS WORLD AT ALL? ITS NOT UR FAULT I BET UR LIVING OUTSIDE OF NIGERIA. OBI IS A FAILURE AND A VERY BIG JOKE!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by DeCleff(m): 10:35am On Mar 27, 2012
Getting ready to relocate to Akwa Ibom State but wait for a moment, i don't want to be tenant, so, wat do i do? Buy a plot or 2 abi? So how much is a plot of land in Uyo or Eket?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by ZUBY77(m): 10:37am On Mar 27, 2012
How does a bridge yet to be constructed become the longest?

Infact the longest is the bridge i am planning to build when i become my state governor. It will span from MY town in Enugu state to New York City. Across the atlantic with two heavy pillars inside the bermuda triangle.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by ipasco: 10:48am On Mar 27, 2012
until its completion i remain lipsrsealed
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by babaowo: 10:48am On Mar 27, 2012
ZUBY77: How does a bridge yet to be constructed become the longest?

Infact the longest is the bridge i am planning to build when i become my state governor. It will span from MY town in Enugu state to New York City. Across the atlantic with two heavy pillars inside the bermuda triangle.
..... Bad boi!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by worldman2: 10:54am On Mar 27, 2012
Plz can we see d picture we are to big for u people to think u Can f o o l us
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by emmatok(m): 11:00am On Mar 27, 2012
mojounited: Eigth wonder: Is A’Ibom bridge the longest in Africa?
Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fail angry angry angry

Another chest-beating sycophant.

Where is the bridge?
Where is the site?
Where is the design?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Esinwaju: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2012
I reserve my comment until the project is complete but then the OP should provide pictorial proof.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by groovie(m): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2012
ZUBY77: How does a bridge yet to be constructed become the longest?

. Buhahahahaha!!! Mad man. Lol o!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 27, 2012
DeCleff: Getting ready to relocate to Akwa Ibom State but wait for a moment, i don't want to be tenant, so, wat do i do? Buy a plot or 2 abi? So how much is a plot of land in Uyo or Eket?

relocate, i promise u wont regret it. forget about about the roads. their girls are something else
Nonybb: eiiii eiiiii DONT EVEN MENTION PETER OBI THE CRIMINAL HERE! WAT KIND OF HUMAN BEING IS THIS? ARE U IN THIS WORLD AT ALL? ITS NOT UR FAULT I BET UR LIVING OUTSIDE OF NIGERIA. OBI IS A FAILURE AND A VERY BIG JOKE!

im from anambra, and i live in nigeria, u dont need to build roads so that people will clap for you, considering the lack of resources, he is building those roads where they are of economics value, lke aguleri, that produces rice e.t.c. like nnwei that has factories, apart from sch, and in my village too
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by otokx(m): 11:29am On Mar 27, 2012
Has it been completed? Another propaganda nonsense.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 27, 2012
crusifis:

relocate, i promise u wont regret it. forget about about the roads. their girls are something else

im from anambra, and i live in nigeria, u dont need to build roads so that people will clap for you, considering the lack of resources, he is building those roads where they are of economics value, lke aguleri, that produces rice e.t.c. like nnwei that has factories, apart from sch, and in my village too

For real young padawan, I think you are daft. Roads are built because they are basic human amenities not for some hypothetical economic or political reasons. You people are sometimes shameless, defending the indefensible. Disgusting.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bridge The Longest In Africa? by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 27, 2012
Bandit C.:

For real young padawan, I think you are daft. Roads are built because they are basic human amenities not for some hypothetical economic or political reasons. You people are sometimes shameless, defending the indefensible. Disgusting.

in a situation, when you dont have enough funds like fashola, you need to do a scale of preference, and build roads acording to necessity, except you want to run your state bankrupt by borrowing funds,remember that most state dont have d same money as lagos or the south-south states, and please dont u dare call me daft again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Imposes Dusk To Dawn Curfew In Ekiti / You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu / We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.