Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank (4415 Views)

Nigerian Customs Blacklists GTB, Fidelity, Diamond Banks / I Need A Desk Office space For My Business In Abuja- To Pay N7,000 Monthly / Raymond Dokpesi Steps Down As DAAR Communications Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by free2ryhme: 8:07am On Mar 27, 2012
A Federal High court in Lagos has ordered Chief Raymond Dokpesi and his Daar Communication Plc, to pay the sum of N7.5bn debt to Fidelity Bank Plc.

Justice Mohammed Idris, in his judgment on Monday, ordered that the company should pay the debt with all its accrued interest as claimed by the bank in its writ of summons.

According to the writ of summons, the plaintiff asked the court to order the defendant, Daar Communications, to pay the debt with the accumulated 21 per cent interest per annum on the indebtedness from May 31, 2011 until judgment and another 21 per cent interest per annum from the day of judgment until final liquidation.

The bank, through its counsel, Joseph Nwobike, filed the suit seeking the recovery of an outstanding debt of N7.5bn of a loan, it said it granted the company to enable it to broadcast the FIFA Under-17 World Cup hosted by Nigeria in 2009.

Daar Communications Plc is the parent company of the Independent African Television and Ray Power radio.

The facilities were said to have been secured by Dokpesi’s personal guaranty and by all assets debenture on the fixed and floating assets of Daar Communications valued at N21.3bn.

Also said to have been put forward as security for the loan is a legal mortgage over a property located at 34, Creek Road, Apapa, Lagos belonging to Baldok Shipping Limited.

The judge said, “I am of the view that the plaintiff thereby is entitled to judgment against the defendants.”

Dokpesi had said he only owed Fidelity Bank about N3bn and not N7.5bn.

But the judge said, “The claim of the plaintiff relates to principally simple uncontested liquidated monetary claim for interest is within the formal agreement of the parties.

“The matter appears uncontentious and suitable for judgment in favour of the plaintiff.

“In conclusion judgment is hereby entered in favour of the plaintiff against the defendant in terms contained in the writ of summons filed herein.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/dokpesi-to-pay-n7-5bn-debt-to-fidelity-bank/
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by stepo707: 9:40am On Mar 27, 2012
Let him pay up joor.Big man wey dey owe gbese. angry
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by obagangan: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2012
let him payup or appeal, if he feels cheated.
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by polokor60(m): 9:51am On Mar 27, 2012
stepo707: Let him pay up joor.Big man wey dey owe gbese. angry
papa oni gbese
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by otokx(m): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2012
Why is Dokpesi trying to postpone the evil day?
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by HisMajesty1(m): 10:22am On Mar 27, 2012
Why is dis man always owing one finance institution or the other since lyk the late 90's? Na wa oo!
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by ZUBY77(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2012
They borrow this kind of money and yet appear in forbes magazine as rich nigerians every year. I think i am richer than this man at zero debt, except the MTN recharge card some one sent me yesterday. 200 naira.

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by miteolu(m): 10:42am On Mar 27, 2012
Dork man! pay your debt. Inially daar comm. plc was N5/ per share now is no where to be found on d list. All daar comm plc promises when they were raising billions of naira from NSE where are they?

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by seuncyber(m): 10:50am On Mar 27, 2012
This man no they pay his workers well and he took huge amount of money as loan,after spending millions of naira on his birthday and his daughter wedding...sell AIT
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by youngmonie: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2012
You people are just shouting dokpesi this and that up and down. This is how the government kills business by not paying up in time for contracts awarded. THE FG still owes daar communications money from the fifa u21 dat was hosted by nigeria
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by nomshu(m): 11:09am On Mar 27, 2012
i was tourched by the last comment. since daar coy gather shareholders money which i in person is not exempted nothing good at all has come from their end, so anoinying to see daar on nse list. may the guy pay d debt or the coy should be sold!
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by Baawaa(m): 11:10am On Mar 27, 2012
Dokpesi is not to be blamed but the yeye bank,common man will need loan they will not give him.Out of the amount they mentioned there,i believe 25% will be bribe

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by ProfJYK(m): 11:31am On Mar 27, 2012
youngmonie: You people are just shouting dokpesi this and that up and down. This is how the government kills business by not paying up in time for contracts awarded. THE FG still owes daar communications money from the fifa u21 dat was hosted by nigeria

pls shed more light o. is FG supposed to pay Daar Comms to broadcast it or Daar Comms is supposed to pay for exclusive rights and recoup from subsell and adverts
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by Akpan107(m): 11:41am On Mar 27, 2012
miteolu: Dork man! pay your debt. Inially daar comm. plc was N5/ per share now is no where to be found on d list. All daar comm plc promises when they were raising billions of naira from NSE where are they?
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by Akpan107(m): 11:45am On Mar 27, 2012
miteolu: Dork man! pay your debt. Inially daar comm. plc was N5/ per share now is no where to be found on d list. All daar comm plc promises when they were raising billions of naira from NSE where are they?
Hmmm...! My brother, i had wanted to invest in that Man's Company when he was advertising, but God helped me i did not. Only God knows what would have happened...
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by Ofuks(m): 12:12pm On Mar 27, 2012
Some of these so called Nigerian wealthy businessmen can be so heartless...obtain a loan and marry more wives...live large...you can imagine the number of people that will lose their jobs in the process of recovering this loan!
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by ayodele123(m): 12:29pm On Mar 27, 2012
Many of Nigeria's wealthy men are debtors parading as rich.
They owe banks and do not want to pay believing that bank credit is free fund.
Many of them are behind the collapse of some of the banks in the past.
Many of them are wicked and heartless,selfish people.
When a man parades himself as a rich man but is owing the banks in millions and billions that he can not repay without a court order,is he really rich? What essence is it to be addressed as a rich man when you are having sleepless nights due to debts?
Poor people!
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by kaiwei: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
the company can compete wit any media house all over the world if well managed. shocked shocked shocked[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by kaiwei: 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
Daar communication shld be the largest media house in africa with healthy pocket but poor management and weak leadership is puLling d'company down.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by olaezebala: 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
Make me self go borrow some huge billion so I go fit show face for forbes as a rich man o
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by HighChief4(m): 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
This is what happens when you dont seperate your business from politics. Daar communication is messep up already
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by Olalekan0(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
ZUBY77: They borrow this kind of money and yet appear in forbes magazine as rich nigerians every year. I think i am richer than this man at zero debt, except the MTN recharge card some one sent me yesterday. 200 naira.
. You funny die!
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by femi4: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
youngmonie: You people are just shouting dokpesi this and that up and down. This is how the government kills business by not paying up in time for contracts awarded. THE FG still owes daar communications money from the fifa u21 dat was hosted by nigeria
Its FIFA U17 not U21
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by procedure: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
21% interest rate. Was the fg not joined in this suit as the principal debtor. I will not doubt fidelity bank did not bribe the judge. But as a lesson for daar dont do business with fg if nta and minister of info is against it. My advise pay the debt and negotiate interest. I guess the agreement was mostly oral with fg and exchange of letters. There are many in govt that wish daar is own by them.
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by sirp2007: 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
Daar communication main problem is financial intelligent.how can u agree to 21%/annum interest on loan whose principle is above a billion.how much profit were they hoping 2 make.They should deal with their mess and learn from it.2ndly dokpesi should stop mixing business with politics.

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by meracool(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
Dopkpesi Saying it is #3bn bank saying #7.5bn. Abeg who dae LIE.
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by mrperfect(m): 1:30am On Mar 28, 2012
With proper plan they will get over it. Yet to see enterprenieur without a challenge.
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by emsquare(m): 8:06am On Mar 28, 2012
stepo707: Let him pay up joor.Big man wey dey owe gbese. angry

Hmmmm!!!
Re: Dokpesi To Pay N7.5bn Debt To Fidelity Bank by basadenet: 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
The last one was with Union Bank, now with Fidelity, then which one is next? To me Dokpesi is weak which is not good for a business and i pray d biz does not go under. It is one of those challenges a thriving business faces. As for the judge dat gave dat kind of judgement, something must have pass under.

(1) (Reply)

Hospital Or Beer Parlor Business? / Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions / Toothpick Manufacturing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.