Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? (1178 Views)

Religious People, Please Answer- Why Are Smart People More Likely 2 Be Atheists? / Why Do Religious People Fight Science? / Question For Atheists And Religious People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by LogicMind: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2012
How did you come to know everything you know about God?
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
A book written by Niggas I never met in my life nor do I know their mental status. .
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by buzugee(m): 4:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
Logic Mind: How did come to know everthing you know about God?
ze bible and ze apocrypha mi amigos Logic Mind wink oh and ze youtube tongue
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
I was like 5/6. I would be flogged silly if I didn't go to church.
_
My primary school headmistress organised cathecism classes for after-school hours. You'd be flogged silly if you didn't attend.
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by Kay17: 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
@OP

Good question.
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by Miroslavklose: 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
op and other atheists on board. How did u get to know about nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2012
Miroslav klose: op and other atheists on board. How did u get to know about nairaland?

The Book Of Google, Page 1
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 28, 2012
Miroslav klose: op and other atheists on board. How did u get to know about nairaland?

LOL. This made my day. grin
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by TisaBone: 5:25am On Mar 28, 2012
I would be happy to answer your question, but nine times out of ten you are going to attack me, because you don't believe in what I do. I don't believe in atheism, but I would never fault an atheist for what he/she believes in his/her heart and confess with their mouths.

let me know if you want a serious answer or not.

kissesss..........
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by LogicMind: 8:30am On Mar 28, 2012
TisaBone: I would be happy to answer your question, but nine times out of ten you are going to attack me, because you don't believe in what I do. I don't believe in atheism, but I would never fault an atheist for what he/she believes in his/her heart and confess with their mouths.

let me know if you want a serious answer or not.

kissesss..........

I want a very simple answer ... specific to the question. Is that so hard?
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by TisaBone: 9:00am On Mar 28, 2012
uh-oh undecided undecided undecided undecided

i smell a combative person looking for a/n(argument?)debate. which you will not get with me. although i have no problem answering your question.

How did I come to to know everything i know about god?

through attempting to live in this world without him. In the bible it says if you believe and love in God unconditionally, he rewards you with riches beyond measure. That does not necessarily mean material wealth, but rather spiritual wealth. Spiritual wealth consists of peace of mind and soul,joy,and knowledge. Equipped with this knowledge enables you to recognize ungodly people, things, and situations, so that you can then immediately flee from it when you sense its ungodly presence.

You see, God saved my life,without him I would not be living and breathing. He showed me that there was a better way, and that if only I followed him, leading a God directed life instead of a self directed life, that I would spare myself from alot (but not all) chaos.

The life of a Christian is hard. Your beliefs are constantly being questioned, you are ridiculed, and even persecuted. But this is essential, for in order to be a true believer, not a part time christian, you must take up your own personal cross (the hardships we all face) and follow God.

Finally, I know all that I know of God, because when you allow yourself to receive Him, God can and will communicate with you, telling you what to do, what not to do. True Christians know what I'm talking about. We all have the choice of free will, but it is so much easier to hand it all over to Jesus, and let Him work things out. Once upon a time, I would not do this. I made things unnecessarily hard for myself. Once I became a devout follower of Christ, things immediately began to change. You might question how it is that I believe so strongly that which I can not see. The answer is simple; Faith. You need plenty of this as a Christian; the belief of that which is unseen. God rewards his followers for still believing in him, even without physical evidence.

But there are some of us blessed enough to HAVE seen evidence with the sight of the naked eye.

I thank God so much for Jesus.
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by LogicMind: 11:56am On Mar 28, 2012
TisaBone: uh-oh undecided undecided undecided undecided

i smell a combative person looking for a/n(argument?)debate. which you will not get with me. although i have no problem answering your question.

How did I come to to know everything i know about god?

through attempting to live in this world without him. In the bible it says if you believe and love in God unconditionally, he rewards you with riches beyond measure. That does not necessarily mean material wealth, but rather spiritual wealth. Spiritual wealth consists of peace of mind and soul,joy,and knowledge. Equipped with this knowledge enables you to recognize ungodly people, things, and situations, so that you can then immediately flee from it when you sense its ungodly presence.

You see, God saved my life,without him I would not be living and breathing. He showed me that there was a better way, and that if only I followed him, leading a God directed life instead of a self directed life, that I would spare myself from alot (but not all) chaos.

The life of a Christian is hard. Your beliefs are constantly being questioned, you are ridiculed, and even persecuted. But this is essential, for in order to be a true believer, not a part time christian, you must take up your own personal cross (the hardships we all face) and follow God.

Finally, I know all that I know of God, because when you allow yourself to receive Him, God can and will communicate with you, telling you what to do, what not to do. True Christians know what I'm talking about. We all have the choice of free will, but it is so much easier to hand it all over to Jesus, and let Him work things out. Once upon a time, I would not do this. I made things unnecessarily hard for myself. Once I became a devout follower of Christ, things immediately began to change. You might question how it is that I believe so strongly that which I can not see. The answer is simple; Faith. You need plenty of this as a Christian; the belief of that which is unseen. God rewards his followers for still believing in him, even without physical evidence.

But there are some of us blessed enough to HAVE seen evidence with the sight of the naked eye.

I thank God so much for Jesus.

Please do not misunderstand me. I respect your faith and for most people it is better to believe than not to.
my question really is about what I would call "the first contact".
It is not what you know today or what you believe in but rather when and how you started hearing and learning of god for the very first time.
Did you contact him or did he contact you?
Were you asleep, walking on the road or playing when it happened? if it happened?
Did you go out searching for him? if yes how did you know of his existence, where and how to seek him? did someone else tell you? if yes, who?
please I'm not looking for argument; i just want to know how you first knew of god.
you can see from other responses so far that experience vary. some knew through unknown niggas book and other had the knowledge flogged into them.
please bros, enlighten us.
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2012
MY daddy. . Was a Pastor and use to b'itch-slap me into believing in God.

My School Teachers (Primary and Secondary) - They would flog us, brainwash us and make us pray before lunch, during assembly and at the close of school. Every darn thing was about God.

T.V - We werent rich growing up so all we had was public T.V and you and I know that with Public T.V, outside of 4 o'clock Cartoons, 7 o'clock news and 9:00 Network news, the rest of the time is spent showing adverts and Church programmes.

NIgeria - Nigeria is a country where you grow up hearing so much about God. An Armed robber being paraded on T.V blames it on the work of the devil, a thief escapes the Police says "Thank God them no catch me", You ask a pros'titute for anal and she responds with "God forbid bad thing", A Nigerian movies about fetish things, pros'titution and all other vices with no moral lesson ends with "To god be the glory", Tow people involved in a quarrel and one says to the other "God punish you", e.t.c

So Nigeria, My parents and society taught me all I know about God. Sadly though, I have never seen, heard or talked with this God that is on everyones mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by emofine2(f): 1:00pm On Mar 28, 2012
^^^

Lol. My favourite reply.

Okija_juju: A book written by Niggas I never met in my life nor do I know their mental status. .

Good point.
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by TisaBone: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by Goshen360(m): 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
I don't intend to answer cos am not a religious person. Though Christianity is a kind of religion but different. It is not being christian as the religion aspect of it but being Christ-like or follower of Christ example. I share revelation from the word of God that proves there is God. I don't enjoy argument though cos to me, most times, it is time wasting cos it end it in unfruitful argument.

To your kweshion:

Logic Mind: How did you come to know everything you know about God?

I study (not read) the word of God and "reason" with God.
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by loneytunes(m): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2012

I learnt through studying of the Bible and with the help of the Holy Spirit. Without Him, you cannot know God (John 16:13)
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2012

1. Through the Bible.
2. Through practical experience with same God
Re: Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? by LogicMind: 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2012
interesting. please keep them coming.

(1) (Reply)

US Doctor Claims To Have Been To Heaven / Threat-preaching-pastors- A Word For You / Trend For Hilarious Church Themes!!! Lmfao

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.