Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

My Parents Forgot My Birthday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Forgot My Birthday (13507 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / 10-month-old Baby Found Floating 1 Kilometer Out On Sea After Parents ‘forgot’ A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
I can't believe this!Is it possible for parents to forget his or her child's birthday?I celebrated my birthday three days ago;my dad and mum couldn't even call me on my birthday.It was on the 2nd day,early in the morning that my mum now remembered.She started pleading with me that she forgot.Seriously,Is that possible or has it happened to anyone before?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2012
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Tgirl4real(f): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
My dear, no vex with them o.

It's very possible. esp. if they are the very busy type. Sometimes, we remember a day before and totally forget on the d day.

It happens. pele. cool
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 5:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
@cc,could u believe that am the first born of the family and I celebrated my 22nd birthday.They reside in Lagos and I school in the university of Port harcourt.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by ifyalways(f): 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2012
^agbaya! Sue them now.

You are 22 years old and such things are bothering you?have you seen the airtel advert?you are 2 years away from the new nigerian millionaire set age. Lol

Seriously, get over it. It happens! My birthday is Dec 24th and from as little as my 6th year, I have come to accept that folks forget but that does not mean they love you less.

Happy birthday in arrears. . . I have a feeling you created the thread to pack "felicitations" from nlders. JK.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2012

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by eghost247(m): 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
metaldude: I can't believe this!Is it possible for parents to forget his or her child's birthday?I celebrated my birthday three days ago;my dad and mum couldn't even call me on my birthday.It was on the 2nd day,early in the morning that my mum now remembered.She started pleading with me that she forgot.Seriously,Is that possible or has it happened to anyone before?
get over yourself they probably mixed up the dates
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by free2ryhme: 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2012
your parents forget ya birthday na big deal? Je ka gbo oro jor!!! what of those that have no parents? You are not even happy dat your mother called 2 days later to apologise. Guy if na anoda tin dey worry you try talk am we go help you find solution and not birthday wahala. Guy go find wok do angry

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2012
make she/he go climb telephone mast nah. If na 7 pikins ihn parents born, how dem wan take remember
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
Happy Birthday in arrears..
Please forgive them,they probably forgot.It would hurt me too cos every member of my family calls at 12 am as per tradition.
I am married oo but if they don't call me,it will pain me like its paining you
Abeg forgive oo?Sorrryy.. smiley smiley
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Lexusgs430: 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2012
Whats the big deal ? Do you want them to perform a sacrifice @ a T - Junction ? It will come around again next year, and if they forget again, no big deal !!!
They have invested so much in looking after you, you should be thankful !!! (Emotionally + Financially and otherwise ) !!!!

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by OAM4J: 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mummy's boy, give them some credit now, they've been remembering till you turned 21, if they forgot your 22nd, forgive them and move on.

Happy birthday in arrears.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by gee2(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
pele o, birthday boy. make dose wey no get parents go enta water for finima?
go rest jor make u face skl squarely n leave bday bash n greetins 4 one side.
if na hospital bed u dey, u go rememba bday greetins? wen u wan comot frm dere
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by MissEZ(f): 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
haha, i see how this can be a surprise but i can relate with your parents. I am terrible with dates and my siblings always have to remind me of birthdays. Its not that i do not know the dates, and i may remember the day before, its just that on that particular day, it may not register until later that day or the next day. In your parents case its two days later.

By the way @ 22, you are a full blown adult and should not be too offended by this. If it was your bf, i would say flipout, but your parents, eh not so much

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by clintwine(m): 5:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
metaldude: @cc,could u believe that am the first born of the family and I celebrated my 22nd birthday.They reside in Lagos and I school in the university of Port harcourt.

Guy you don old, stop whining like a kid, am the first in my family and to compound the issue, i was born on 27th of may and my parents still forget, infact my mum remembers it sometimes cos she is a teacher and its children's day. I can't remember when last my dad remembered my birthday.

Lets think about important things like climate change joor. Ajebo!! grin
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by niddamugu(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2012
metaldude: I can't believe this!Is it possible for parents to forget his or her child's birthday?I celebrated my birthday three days ago;my dad and mum couldn't even call me on my birthday.It was on the 2nd day,early in the morning that my mum now remembered.She started pleading with me that she forgot.Seriously,Is that possible or has it happened to anyone before?

You are 18+. I'm sure graduation/job/wedding were what they were thinking and the sooner you think along that line with them the better for you and stop being childish. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by mufc009(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2012
Wetin con concern me abegii?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by deshclones(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2012
[quote author=ifyalways]^agbaya! Sue them now.

You are 22 years old and such things are bothering you?have you seen the airtel advert?you are 2 years away from the new nigerian millionaire set age. Lol
/quote]

don't mind the agbaya...how does it affect the price of garri in the market??

you are not even grateful you have parents..what of those that don't have...22yrs and still expecting mummy's birthday text/gift...smh..get over it

NL has really gone to the dogs..imagine the silly topic that makes the front page these days.........smd angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by lifestyle1(m): 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2012
Out of sight is out of mind....
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
I forgot my own birthday last year.

Gosh this topic has really made me laugh today. Poster Happy belated birthday o!!

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
My dad could easily forget our birthdays but not my mum, each year he rings me to wish me a happy birthday I just know my mum must have reminded him. My mum still remembers the names of the midwives and doctors that brought all of us into this world. Even remembers the last food she ate before labor began, mine she said was beans and I ain't a fan of beans

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by mykejones(m): 6:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
My parents(most especially my mum) has neva eva forgotten mine. Its probably d same tin wf u until dis year..datz why u r angry ba?
On dia behav,no vex jare.
Happy bufdae..beta and more fruitful years ahead.
I stl dnt get why dis shd b a front page issue though.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by dadicvila(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2012
and so what?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by dadicvila(m): 6:04pm On Mar 27, 2012
and so what??mtchew...moderators una no dey try at all
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by ismhab(m): 6:09pm On Mar 27, 2012
it seems that they don't care about u.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by doe: 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
My own forget every year. Even talk to my mum on the day and still didn't remember. Yet they expect me to remember theirs!
Dem go wait tired!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by procedure: 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
How much do they remember their own. Some people do not know the dates of each day. I dont think they forgot ur birth day. Probably they forgot that day u were a year older.it does not mean they dont care. Next time remind them 2 days before
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 27, 2012
Your parents are busy hustling about how to feed your lazy azse and here you are blaming them for not remembering your birthday.What is NL turning to these days with useless posts springing up everyday ?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by kunyeo(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2012
Wait until you forget your own children's birthday in future.Then you will realize survival is more than one useless birthday.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by olaezebala: 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2012
Can't remember the last my Dad sent me a birthday wish. I do feel offended before until I realised, I'm always the one that do remind him of his birthday self. So, OP, poo happens.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Wolaycious(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2012
Pele o,If we wan do am well,we suppose go call Police for them ni o? grin
Na Wa for this Naija sef!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
U shld b Hapi dat u Mom even rmemb 2call u leta.wit d situation of d country,u cant rily blame dem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men-A Better Whip To Beat Your Wife-( Women how do you whip your partner?) / Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? / Men, Do You Find Your Pregnant Wives Unatractive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.