Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

My Parents Forgot My Birthday - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Forgot My Birthday (13506 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / 10-month-old Baby Found Floating 1 Kilometer Out On Sea After Parents ‘forgot’ A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Mustay(m): 6:54am On Jun 28, 2012
jennykadry: My dad could easily forget our birthdays but not my mum, each year he rings me to wish me a happy birthday I just know my mum must have reminded him. My mum still remembers the names of the midwives and doctors that brought all of us into this world. Even remembers the last food she ate before labor began, mine she said was beans and I ain't a fan of beans

Wow! Your mum's got some memory there!!! cool
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Mustay(m): 7:16am On Jun 28, 2012
soulamanne: her tenants love her so much cos she doesn't even rmbr what dates thr rents are due.
Ole tenants!!! cool

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday
At least, they didn't forget to procreate you. Inasmuch as the OP is 'emotional' and sees this as a misnormer, at 22 and with his responses, am disappointed he's bothered by this. At this age, you ought to have realised why they 'forgot' your bday. If you know all the 'wahala' they did over you from training ur 'olodo' cool by sending you to schools etc, then you'd probably be calling them on your bday to thank them for the life they gave you. You've pointed out what may have been the case a la recent death in the family, so just understand.

Get some responsibilities too, it may make you see how 'privileged' you are.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Mustay(m): 7:19am On Jun 28, 2012
soulamanne: My dad keeps date a lot.he writes dates on almost anything so he has never forgotten any of our birthdays(6 of us).but my mum;she always has to be reminded of the day's date.her tenants love her so much cos she doesn't even rmbr what dates thr rents are due.she always forgets our bdays except for the first child and hers.my bday was the 23rd and she came into the room as usual to ask what I would eat.I had gone out b4 ahe started callin to wish me happy bday after my dad had told her.u see the theory is if the person doesn't rmbr dates naturally it isn't a big deal.then I ve come to realise that parents are thinkin so much abt thr children that they even forget thr bdays.I ve never taken in offence in my mum's missin my bday.so OP don't be.it doesn't mean they love u less.they will try to rmbr nx year but trust,they will soon forget again by june!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by tpia1: 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by JEITO: 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
OP I hope you are not related to yaya toure?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by tpia1: 3:48am On Jul 12, 2014
pek: Obviously you are a spoilt child! That they didnt call you does not mean they love you less. Get a life, you have more important things to think and worry about.

imagine a grown man opening this kind of thread.

abi he's not grown ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Help A Child To Improve His/her Creative Ability / Punishment You Hated As A Child / A Nairalander Celebrates His Great Grandmother At 130 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.