Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports (32559 Views)

PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
I strongly believe that our people need EDUCATION, and I don't mean just class room education, but INFORMATION education.
Here in the US, there are three international airports within 40 minutes drive of each other, and they are all always busy.
The South East needs THREE international airports: one in or around Onitsha to serve Onitsha, Otuocha, Awka and Nnewi axis; another at Owerri [/b]to serve Owerri and Aba axis; and one at [b]Enugu to serve Enugu, Nsukka and Abakaliki.
The Onitsha international airport can be remedied if there is a working relationship between Delta state and Anambra state to effectively convert Asaba into an international airport to serve the needs of Onitsha businesses.
If such agreement cannot materialize, then Onitsha needs an international airport. Too many business men travel to Dubai and far east from Onitsha. THEY GO THROUGH HELL doing that currently because they have to travel to Lagos first.
A friend relayed a story about how she was robbed and her brother killed in Port Harcourt on landing from the US.
I doubt it would have happened if she landed in Owerri.
I personally believe that if our people are informed, it would be harder to elect uninformed and local minded folks to lead our states.
We need these airports in SE to liberate our economies and create massive growth and arrest emigration from Igboland. I personally suspect that evil minded, die hard "One Nigerianists" are behind these killing and stifling of Igboland in order to force us out of our lands into other parts of Nigeria to be developing those areas while neglecting our own land.

Uzu na amaghi akpu ogene, ya nee egbe anya n'odu. cool

International airports link cities and metropolitan areas directly with the outside world. This is HUGE DEAL.
None of world class businesses would locate in areas that are not quickly accessible.
That is why Igboland is dying.
If international businesses are currently trickling into Igboland now, it would become a DELUGE if we have these airports in place.

Solution:

Every governor in Anambra, Imo and Enugu should take this issue as the CORE issue of development.
This is 21st century, and the world has become a village. Most of the money in the future would come by way of INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE AND INVESTMENT.

Do not allow anybody to lie to you about Igboland being "small". The truth is that if we do this, Igboland will become the biggest center of commerce and economic saturation in AFRICA. Some are afraid of that possibility, but we must not buy into their lies.

Here I stand!

Onlytruth, Ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
I think three Airports are not enough, why can't you ask for fifty? Nigerians are dying everyday from hunger, stress, lack of health care, and lack of basic infrastructures - yet you want the government to waste the scarce resources on irrelevant structures. undecided
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:50pm On Mar 27, 2012
Onitsha for example is a city of 1 million people. It is still growing but the commerce there has atrophied and stagnated because there is only so much you can do without a breath of international expertise.
Constant interaction with international class opinions would boost Onitsha and Nnewi.
The two cities are at the most critical stages of development.If nothing is done to solve this problem, both towns would crash and die. Experts need to fly in and out with ease. Only then would they come and invest there.
We have to halt emigration out of Igboland. In fact we must reverse it!
Millions of diaspora Igbo would be more willing to come home and invest if these airports are in place.
We must fight and defeat any force sitting on top of these to develop our lands!

Onye nwere nti ya nuru! cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
I support an International Airport but 3 is too much.

Lets forgot this pettiness and look at the viability of have 3 within driving distance. It is unreasonable, very unreasonable.

You are an Eze you can do better undecided
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
Onlytruth: Onitsha for example is a city of 1 million people. It is still growing but the commerce there has atrophied and stagnated because there is only so much you can do without a breath of international expertise.
Constant interaction with international class opinions would boost Onitsha and Nnewi.
The two cities are at the most critical stages of development.If nothing is done to solve this problem, both towns would crash and die. Experts need to fly in and out with ease. Only then would they come and invest there.
We have to halt emigration out of Igboland. In fact we must reverse it!
Millions of diaspora Igbo would be more willing to come home and invest if these airports are in place.
We must fight and defeat any force sitting on top of these to develop our lands!

Onye nwere nti ya nuru! cool

Airports in the midst of shanty towns, poverty, and squalor - keep dreaming, mate. More than 75% of Nigerians will never board a plane - and more than 70% of Nigerians don't even have an international passport - but all you care about is building Airports. The two available are not even being used to their maximum potentials, and they both look like a bus garage - yet you want more junk buildings, all in the name of having airports, huh?

What Nigeria needs right now are infrastructures! The government you build new cities on the vast virgin lands we have across Nigeria. Building like 2million low cost homes across the country in the next 5-10years is achievable - rather than waste money on elephant projects - that won't benefit the average Nigeria.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2012
What Eastern Nigeria needs includes the following:

- A thriving seaport in either Port Harcourt, Calabar, or Akwa Ibom.
- An inland water transport system across river Niger.
- An international airport.
- Railway transportation.
- Modernizing Onitsha and Aba to make them appealing to Nigerians and international investors.
- Finding a solution to erosion.
- An aggressive development of the dilapidated infrastructures and about 5million low cost houses, subsidized by the government.

Airport jamboree is unnecessary!

1 Like

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ikeyman00(m): 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2012
@@@@

ezendi igbo

I think it will be wrong at this point in time most roads in onitsha probably need to be scrap off to re-tar to solid state to looking for international airport in the town

if u are asking for the one in asaba and enugu to be upgraded with the right equipement including the security stuff for criminal and stuff that uses it then we have a point

dnt think it good idea having plane flying all over the place like birds on prey
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@

ezendi igbo

I think it will be wrong at this point in time most roads in onitsha probably need to be scrap off to re-tar to solid state to looking for international airport in the town

if u are asking for the one in asaba and enugu to be upgraded with the right equipement including the security stuff for criminal and stuff that uses it then we have a point

dnt think it good idea having plane flying all over the place like birds on prey

I concur 100%!!

80% of Nigeria is a glorified village/slum - the whole country needs to demolished and rebuilt from the scratch! It's just a pity we don't have practical people in Nigeria - we read too much junk from Western news media. Nigeria needs modernization from Lagos to Zungeru, and Borno. We need to build new cities everywhere, and create a stable middle-class before we start thinking about airports. What's the purpose of having an airport no one is going to use?

We Nigerians need to get real - we act like African Americans, and it's really sad. What's the purpose of driving a Bentley, when you still live with your mum?

Three airports ko, five billion airports ni. undecided
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 12:24am On Mar 28, 2012
I laugh at those telling me that Nigeria has three half used international airports!
Like, has any of you really sat down to find out WHY those airports are half used?
Do you build airports away from its main users?

I bet you all that about 50% of those who would have used airports in the SE for instance (being Nigeria's ONLY REAL commerce region), are not using it. In fact they have probably downgraded their businesses to conform with the retrogressive and recidivist Nigerian reality. The only ones that travel all the way to Lagos to do their travels are the DIE HARD business people. Should that be the case? Why must simple things be so hard in Nigeria?
And for someone to come here and shamelessly say that Nigeria is a "developing nation" (read hopeless and never to grow) is truly depressing and saddening.

If you people don't know, I would demolish 10 so called international airports in commercially backwards parts of Nigeria, and build one at Onitsha to serve Onitsha and Nnewi.

The three airports I identified would be serving about 40 million people in Igboland.
Is that too much for us?

This is why I say that our people need a different type of education. sad
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 12:34am On Mar 28, 2012
Infact the more I think about this, the more I become convinced that we really don't have the right men as governors in SE. None of them has dreams matching the REAL potential of our zone. Yet people wonder why our people leave in droves to other places.
These governors, for being too local and reclusive, have failed Igboland. ALL OF THEM.
With that said now, I am more convinced than ever that only a "Soludo-esque" kind of governors are what we need in Igboland; that is, assuming he won't be "downpressed" by the Nigerian system to stop thinking big.
I reject these cave mindset of thinking that our problem is just basic infrastructure. It is more. Much more.

When I look at Igboland, I see South Korea, that is if we have my type of big visionary types of governors in place.

I started this thread to educate my people Ndigbo about what is possible, and to remind us that we are EAGLES.
We must reject all these evil schemes to turn us into chicken. Meanwhile we keep leaving our lands and keep developing other zones in Nigeria because we refuse to think.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 12:43am On Mar 28, 2012
The trajectory of my argument is that big or small business is what sustains a modern economy. People from other zones in Nigeria have accused Ndigbo of being just merchandisers, traders, and all other names. They argue that we cannot grow modern corporate business. Of course we know that is not true, but how else can we prove it?

Look at Innoson Auto manufacturing company at Nnewi. That man went through HELL to set up that company.
He is barely making it for now, but if we don't get an international airport somewhere near, just watch, soon he will stagnate because there is only so much you can do "inside the bush". The man wants to start making vehicle engines in Nigeria; he has big dreams, but Nigeria will kill those dreams if our governors don't rise up to DEMAND international airports.

Let me say now, that the only reason South west has been economically viable is because of the airport at Lagos.
We need our own airport in South East. We need THREE.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 28, 2012
Keep living in denial! We're tired of face-lifts, and elephant projects in Nigeria - the whole country needs a complete overhaul, and a new mentality. We need houses, food, good health care etc. The airport pipe dream is elitist! The people in Aba don't an airport to get their goods to buyers in Nigeria - they need a good and working rail transport, and good roads.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 1:06am On Mar 28, 2012
shymmex: Keep living in denial! We're tired of face-lifts, and elephant projects in Nigeria - the whole country needs a complete overhaul, and a new mentality. We need houses, food, good health care etc. The airport pipe dream is elitist! The people in Aba don't an airport to get their goods to buyers in Nigeria - they need a good and working rail transport, and good roads.

You see this is the Nigerian CAVE MENTALITY.
Who would give you food, houses and good health care? Let me guess: GOVERNMENT! undecided angry

Do you know what about 10 BIG companies can do to the economic health of the whole of SE? I mean companies that employ THOUSANDS of workers. Do you know how many BILLIONS in tax revenue they can give to the government? How else would they ever come to Igboland with Igboland being well cut off from the rest of the world?
Do you know how many states in the US that depend only on big businesses for tax revenue?
Do you know that Anambra state can compete with some of those US states if we have an international airport?

BTW, HOW do you people hope to replace OIL REVENUE in Nigeria? undecided
For DECADES, government after government come to lie and say that they want to stop over dependence on oil.
How would they do that if they are determined to cage the only zone which can actually drag the whole dead nation along?

I know you would struggle to see my point, but that is the difference between me and you.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 1:27am On Mar 28, 2012
Onlytruth, you should not have asked for 3 airport, why not 20 airports? undecided

What would three airports do that Asaba airport (at its full potential) cannot do?

You were the one that was talking about river-niger dredging. Now that that is done, what economic value has that added to onitsha? We keep wasting money on IRRELIVANT things in Nigeria.
Not to sound condescending, take a look at the size of the SE. Do you think building 3 airport within Niger state (Niger state alone is at least 2.5 times bigger than the entire SE) assuming the same population density; would make sense?? undecided

Do you think building an airport IN the SE is essential in jump starting economic activities there? What is wrong with Asaba airport? Moreover, has the so called "sea port" or "river-port" in Onitsha increase the economic activities in Onitsha and the SE?

And please, stop this 50% of airport user are igbo propaganda, abeg!

In my humble opinion, I think the SE should be looking at a rail way and a second Niger-bridge while collaborating with neigbouring states such as Rivers on access to the international market.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by nduchucks: 1:56am On Mar 28, 2012
Eze Ndigbo NL is a fool who thinks with his hinny.He accuses others of politicizing the constuction of Airports in the SE while he himself provides only political reasons for the airport.

Onlytruth, please tell us if you or any organization you know has conducted any feasibility study. Have you examined the business need from the National Aviation Activity Perspective,regional aviation perspective, or looked at the business climate in the region? Start with these issues if you people want to be taken seriously.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by dayokanu(m): 2:16am On Mar 28, 2012
I posted this thread cos I was high,
I tried to delete it but I was high,
I want to ask the mods to delete it but I was high
I wanted 3 International airport in Yiboland cos I am high

Cos i am high, cos I'm high cos I'm highhh

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw&ob=av2e[/flash]
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 2:28am On Mar 28, 2012
jason123: Onlytruth, you should not have asked for 3 airport, why not 20 airports? undecided

What would three airports do that Asaba airport (at its full potential) cannot do?

You were the one that was talking about river-niger dredging. Now that that is done, what economic value has that added to onitsha? We keep wasting money on IRRELIVANT things in Nigeria.
Not to sound condescending, take a look at the size of the SE. Do you think building 3 airport within Niger state (Niger state alone is at least 2.5 times bigger than the entire SE) assuming the same population density; would make sense?? undecided

Do you think building an airport IN the SE is essential in jump starting economic activities there? What is wrong with Asaba airport? Moreover, has the so called "sea port" or "river-port" in Onitsha increase the economic activities in Onitsha and the SE?

And please, stop this 50% of airport user are igbo propaganda, abeg!

In my humble opinion, I think the SE should be looking at a rail way and a second Niger-bridge while collaborating with neigbouring states such as Rivers on access to the international market.

Let me just address the bolded LIE which has been repeated countlessly by enemies of Ndigbo to continue to cheat us out of our fair entitlements in Nigeria. Why not make SE smaller than the whole of Bayelsa? You idiots think that lies endure for ever.
Let me tell you, it would take about 100 Niger states to equate ONE SE state in ECONOMIC potentials. cool FACT.
Apart from Lagos, the whole of SW is not able to compete with Anambra alone if we get our fair share of federal government infrastructure such as airports.
Now that I have situated your warped head properly, you can now go on to keep deceiving those who are still in the dark.
SE Nigeria needs THREE international airports to liberate our economy. If you can build international airports inside deserts which only serve Islamic pilgrims, you can build for areas that can actually generate revenue for Nigeria.
You can build it for areas that can put Nigeria on the world map of manufacturing and invention. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by dayokanu(m): 2:34am On Mar 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

Let me just address the bolded LIE which has been repeated countlessly by enemies of Ndigbo to continue to cheat us out of our fair entitlements in Nigeria. Why not make SE smaller than the whole of Bayelsa? You idiots think that lies endure for ever.
Let me tell you, it would take about 100 Niger states to equate ONE SE state in ECONOMIC potentials. cool FACT.
Apart from Lagos, the whole of SW is not able to compete with Anambra alone if we get our fair share of federal government infrastructure such as airports.
Now that I have situated your warped head properly, you can now go on to keep deceiving those who are still in the dark.
SE Nigeria needs THREE international airports to liberate our economy. If you can build international airports inside deserts which only serve Islamic pilgrims, you can build for areas that can actually generate revenue for Nigeria.
You can build it for areas that can put Nigeria on the world map of manufacturing and invention. cool

Eze Igbo Onlylies.

The stats below might interest you

Rank State GDP (PPP$)
1 Lagos State 33,679,258,023
2 Rivers State 21,073,410,422
3 Delta State 16,749,250,544
4 Oyo State 16,121,670,484
5 Imo State 14,212,637,486
6 Kano State 12,393,103,864
7 Edo State 11,888,446,884
8 Akwa Ibom State 11,179,887,963
9 Ogun State 10,470,415,017
10 Kaduna State 10,334,763,785
11 Cross River State 9,292,059,207
12 Abia State 8,687,442,705
13 Ondo State 8,414,302,623
14 Osun State 7,280,597,521
15 Benue State 6,864,209,262
16 Anambra State 6,764,219,562
17 Katsina State 6,022,655,197
18 Niger State 6,002,007,080
19 Borno State 5,175,165,142
20 Plateau State 5,154,059,937
21 Sokoto State 4,818,615,261
22 Bauchi State 4,713,858,180
23 Kogi State 4,642,794,262
24 Adamawa State 4,582,045,246
25 Enugu State 4,396,590,769
26 Bayelsa State 4,337,065,923
27 Zamfara State 4,123,829,498
28 Kwara State 3,841,827,534
29 Taraba State 3,397,790,217
30 Kebbi State 3,290,847,166
31 Nassarawa State 3,022,828,885
32 Jigawa State 2,988,014,405
33 Ekiti State 2,848,372,512
34 Ebonyi State 2,732,472,739
35 Gombe State 2,500,467,306
36 Yobe State 2,011,499,081
- Abuja 5,010,968,012

Add the SW states minus Lagos and add the SE states and lets have your math.

Oyo State alone is about 3 times of Anambra in GDP

FYI 4 out of 5 SW states have a higher GDP than Anambra. Anambra is only higher than Ekiti

Now how many International airports are in Oyo, Ogun, Osun and Ondo to make them rank higher than Anambra

1 Like

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

Apart from Lagos, [size=14pt]the whole of SW is not able to compete with Anambra alone[/size] if we get our fair share of federal government infrastructure such as airports.

grin grin grin grin grin Fools' paradise grin grin grin grin grin

Ogun State alone has more billionaires and technocrats than the whole of SE combined, go figure.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by dayokanu(m): 2:37am On Mar 28, 2012
shymmex:

grin grin grin grin grin Fools' paradise grin grin grin grin grin

Ogun State alone has more billionaires and technocrats than the whole of SE combined, go figure.

Let him bring out calculators and crunch those numbers above
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 2:38am On Mar 28, 2012
ndu_chucks: Eze Ndigbo NL is a fool who thinks with his hinny.He accuses others of politicizing the constuction of Airports in the SE while he himself provides only political reasons for the airport.

Onlytruth, please tell us if you or any organization you know has conducted any feasibility study. Have you examined the business need from the National Aviation Activity Perspective,regional aviation perspective, or looked at the business climate in the region? Start with these issues if you people want to be taken seriously.

Mr dan kwaya,

I am talking about things you can never wrap your brains around; things that differentiate you and I.
Your whole worldview is about sharing of oil revenue by cooked up population figures and large wastelands you call land mass. You and your type NEVER think about how to diversify Nigeria's economy. All you do all year is to bicker about OIL money and 13% derivation given to the owners of the resources. All you dream about is how to waste Nigeria's billions in oil revenue on searching for oil in the desert. In the 38 years of your rule in Nigeria, you set us back between 50 and 100 years! If you have any brains at all in your goat cranium you would at least know that SE can drag you along and maybe one day make you proud to be called a Nigerian. As for me, I am poking every issue of logic and common sense and facts to convince my people Ndigbo that we deserve much more. We can either attain our God given potentials in Nigeria, or secede and secure a progressive space for our children.
Mass emigration from Igbo must be reversed whether idiotic one Nigerianists like you want it or not. cool
You want one Nigeria, but you want it to be a 17th century dump.
Atulu ugwu. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by EkoIle1: 2:44am On Mar 28, 2012
lmao.....what's in the water AGIPA people drink?

Y'all on crack I swear...

How many of these ladder on top roof airport and blackboard schedule you clowns go subject us to?

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 2:45am On Mar 28, 2012
@all the Yoruba wandering around this thread, please you should go and face your own region.
I wonder what you would lose if SE gets those airports. Oh I get it now, your Lagos may deflate! oops! shocked lipsrsealed
However, this is not what this thread is about.

BTW the statistic you brandish about is only part of why I want SE to have international airports and reverse emigration from our region. I know that your region has everything it needs. lol cheesy
So, face your front and don't let my brothers catch you here. Nuff said. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 2:48am On Mar 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

. . . and that is all there is to it, "a potential". When are you going to learn to be honest with yourself? What is with all this chest-beating? I was talking in terms of land mass and population density.
Btw, in case you have forgotten the map of Nigeria. There you go:

Oh really? Why talk of the entire SW when I can simply put out one state. Does Oyo state have an international airport? Yet its economy is larger and generates more money internally than at least 3 or 4 SE states. Remember, there is no oil in Oyo.

I repeat, why stop at THREE? Why not FIFTY? You once told me on this forum that Nigeria can never develop if we keep politisicig issues such as this. Onlytruth, what are you doing now? Certainly, all three airport will NOT be viable, so why suggest three? One good one, yes but two? three? its pointless . . . How many zones have more than 2 good airports?
If memory serves me right. The SW has 1 good one in Lagos; SS, the best is in Rivers state, hence just 1 good one; The SE has Akanu Ibiam International Airport, hence 1 good one. The MB/NC has 1 good one in Niger/minna (Abuja is the FCT); The NW has 1 I think and the NE has none (you can correct me).

Onlytruth, what you typed above is insulting to your fellow countrymen. Are you saying other people are not good enough. The way I see it is, the SE economic team should upgrade the Enugu airport, if you think its needed badly.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by dayokanu(m): 2:51am On Mar 28, 2012
lack of airport is whats making Igbo youths to flee their papaland to maiduguri, Jos, Kano, Ibadan etc?

Eze Igbo, you are a disgrace to Ojuku.

Ojuku was everything despicable in this world coward, pedophile, a loser but he was not a liar.

Onlylies you are a disgrace to the throne of Ezeyibo
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by dayokanu(m): 2:54am On Mar 28, 2012
jason123:

Oh really? Why talk of the entire SW when I can simply put out one state. Does Oyo state have an international airport? Yet its economy is larger and generates more money internally than at least 3 or 4 SE states. Remember, there is no oil in Oyo.

Actually Oyo without oil, without International airport generates more than All SE states bar none
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 2:55am On Mar 28, 2012
jason123:

. . . and that is all there is to it, "a potential". When are you going to learn to be honest with yourself? What is with all this chest-beating? I was talking in terms of land mass and population density.
Btw, in case you have forgotten the map of Nigeria. There you go:

I repeat, why stop at THREE? Why not FIFTY? You once told me on this forum that Nigeria can never develop if we keep politisicig issues such as this. Onlytruth, what are you doing now? Certainly, all three airport will NOT be viable, so why suggest three? One good one, yes but two? three? its pointless . . . How many zones have more than 2 good airports?
If memory serves me right. The SW has 1 good one in Lagos; SS, the best is in Rivers state, hence just 1 good one; The SE has Akanu Ibiam International Airport, hence 1 good one. The MB/NC has 1 good one in Niger/minna (Abuja is the FCT); The NW has 1 I think and the NE has none (you can correct me).

Onlytruth, what you typed above is insulting to your fellow countrymen. Are you saying other people are not good enough. The way I see it is, the SE economic team should upgrade the Enugu airport, if you think its needed badly.

I have decided to make the issue of these airports the focal point of my kingship for the rest of my term as Eze Ndigbo on this forum. I will not stop because I have sat down to thoroughly diagnose the problem of SE and Ndigbo.
BTW I'm serious about what I said about Niger state.
The way I look at it, Switzerland is richer than Afghanistan. So, land mass means nothing. The SE is even bigger than many countries both in land mass and population.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 3:14am On Mar 28, 2012
^^^

Bruv, you already have one though. In fact, three basically. They are Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu, though the other two are in the SS but they are of close proximity, they are, Port harcourt international airport and Asaba international airport.

You also have Sam Mbakwe airport in Imo.

Dude, building three airports withing those 5 states in the SE, coupled with what they already have is senseless to say the least.

The SE governors have to take advantage of what they have and upgrade not build more.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 3:33am On Mar 28, 2012
jason123: ^^^

Bruv, you already have one though. In fact, three basically. They are Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu, though the other two are in the SS but they are of close proximity, they are, Port harcourt international airport and Asaba international airport.

You also have Sam Mbakwe airport in Imo.

Dude, building three airports withing those 5 states in the SE, coupled with what they already have is senseless to say the least.

The SE governors have to take advantage of what they have and upgrade not build more.

Akanu Ibiam is NOT an international airport. If it were, former president of Ghana Jerry Rawlings would not have been forced to land in Lagos on his way to Enugu while attending Ojukwu's funeral service at Enugu. The man had to land in Lagos "for clearance" before taking off again to land in Enugu. By the time he got to Enugu, it was dark, and his private jet had to land in the dark. So, to me, Enugu is not an international airport. It is one of lies being bandied about. If it is any international airport, tell me which airline that flies there directly from outside Nigeria.
I am sad that Igbo leaders and politicians are not asking hard questions about that airport.

As for Asaba, I had stated in my openning remarks that if Delta state government would reach a memorandum of understanding with Anambra state, then both states can push for Asaba to become an international airport. Honestly, that would be my FIRST choice! But I am tired of having to reach out to people, and thus hinging my survival on their whims. I would take Asaba international airport anyday to serve Onitsha and Anambra state.

I also want Owerri to become a FULL international airport because a lot of Imo and Aba state citizens do a lot of international business. It would be viable, and support the economies of both states to move to the next level.

As for PH, it has been there with little or no impact on SE business, maybe because the governors there have not reached out to SE to own it and feel part of it. If that changes tomorrow, I would also accept it as the airport to serve southern Igboland. Bottomline is that current situation whereby the most viable region of Nigeria is treated like a captured territory, and our lands neglected, leading to mass exodus from our lands, MUST END! cool

Onye ekweghi ekwechitere ya! cool cool cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:03am On Mar 28, 2012
Onitsha deserves an airport like this one. If delta state is prepared to work together with Anambra, then Asaba should become international, and should be upgraded to something like this! cool

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:07am On Mar 28, 2012
Enugu should look like this if the governor is a big dreamer and understand that Enugu should be the Johannesburg of West Africa. cool

Owerri can also beat Enugu to it and be the Zurich of Africa! cool

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by OneNaira6: 4:41am On Mar 28, 2012
Onlytruth: I strongly believe that our people need EDUCATION, and I don't mean just class room education, but INFORMATION education.
Here in the US, there are three international airports within 40 minutes drive of each other, and they are all always busy.
The South East needs THREE international airports: one in or around Onitsha to serve Onitsha, Otuocha, Awka and Nnewi axis; another at Owerri [/b]to serve Owerri and Aba axis; and one at [b]Enugu to serve Enugu, Nsukka and Abakaliki.
The Onitsha international airport can be remedied if there is a working relationship between Delta state and Anambra state to effectively convert Asaba into an international airport to serve the needs of Onitsha businesses.
If such agreement cannot materialize, then Onitsha needs an international airport. Too many business men travel to Dubai and far east from Onitsha. THEY GO THROUGH HELL doing that currently because they have to travel to Lagos first.
A friend relayed a story about how she was robbed and her brother killed in Port Harcourt on landing from the US.
I doubt it would have happened if she landed in Owerri.
I personally believe that if our people are informed, it would be harder to elect uninformed and local minded folks to lead our states.
We need these airports in SE to liberate our economies and create massive growth and arrest emigration from Igboland. I personally suspect that evil minded, die hard "One Nigerianists" are behind these killing and stifling of Igboland in order to force us out of our lands into other parts of Nigeria to be developing those areas while neglecting our own land.

Uzu na amaghi akpu ogene, ya nee egbe anya n'odu. cool

International airports link cities and metropolitan areas directly with the outside world. This is HUGE DEAL.
None of world class businesses would locate in areas that are not quickly accessible.
That is why Igboland is dying.
If international businesses are currently trickling into Igboland now, it would become a DELUGE if we have these airports in place.

Solution:

Every governor in Anambra, Imo and Enugu should take this issue as the CORE issue of development.
This is 21st century, and the world has become a village. Most of the money in the future would come by way of INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE AND INVESTMENT.

Do not allow anybody to lie to you about Igboland being "small". The truth is that if we do this, Igboland will become the biggest center of commerce and economic saturation in AFRICA. Some are afraid of that possibility, but we must not buy into their lies.

Here I stand!

Onlytruth, Ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool

I agree with the Ontisha and Enugu, not so sure about Owerri. Ontisha needs a major turnover both political, infrastructural and economical but there is no denying that Ontisha also needs an international airport as well as a port during this time. I do believe that is self explanatory
Enugu is also self explanatory.

Owerri, I don't know, do you mind elaborating more on Owerri's need for an Airport?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits Proposed Campaign Office / FG Increases Electricity Tariff By 50% / Patience Jonathan & Diezani Alison-Madueke Dancing: PDP 2014 National Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.