Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food (15149 Views)

Is Cheating Normal For Men? / Why Deny Your Husband Food After A Fight? / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by otheloze: 2:51am On Mar 28, 2012
Recently my friend complained to me that once he had any misunderstanding with his wife, she goes into her shell, stay indoors all day and wont bother serving him any food. Is this right for any reason
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by GboyegaD(m): 4:51am On Mar 28, 2012
It is very wrong because if care is not taken, the day the guy goes out and find some other food appealing, she is likely loosing him faster than she can think. Food, money, intimacy amongst others are not right to deny one's partner.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Outstrip(f): 5:01am On Mar 28, 2012
So he and his wife have a quarrell. She gives him the silent treatment and your complaint is that she does not serve him food. SMH. So if she serves the food will that solve their probelms. Sometimes I don't believe the crap I read

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 28, 2012

7 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 28, 2012
Same way some women deny their husbands sex after a quarrel
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Fufuky: 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
It is not Good, the Woman is give way for competitor and she may not have the capacity to compete
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2012
Very immature way to handle misunderstanding

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ronkebp(f): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
otheloze: Recently my friend complained to me that once he had any misunderstanding with his wife, she goes into her shell, stay indoors all day and wont bother serving him any food. Is this right for any reason

So the man cannot go to the kitchen and serve his food abi? if cooking was the issue here, i will say No it is not good for her not to cook, as long as there is food in the house, how many seconds will it take a man to go to the kitchen and dish himself a plate of rice and ten chiken thigh in the pot? People should start learning how to do things on their own. Kai!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Koolking(m): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
Yes, it is normal afterall there is a restaurant across the street that serves one of the finest dishes, their service is quick and fulfilling.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Fellywood(m): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Chaircover, you spoke so maturedly, may God bless you kiss kiss. @Outstrip, you spoke so childishly, may you learn from Chaircover before you get married grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Outstrip(f): 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
ronkebp:

So the man cannot go to the kitchen and serve his food abi? if cooking was the issue here, i will say No it is not good for her not to cook, as long as there is food in the house, how many seconds will it take a man to go to the kitchen and dish himself a plate of rice and ten chiken thigh in the pot? People should start learning how to do things on their own. Kai!!!
ronkebp:

You hit the nail on the head. People are having marital conflicts that includes ignoring each other for days and someone is whiningover the small issue that he was not "served" food. Foolishness of the highest order. The most annoying ones are the ones who say that the man will go someone else and enjoy someone elses cooking. I mean are they even aware that that statement make them seem like they are mentally and physically disabled? If food is what will make you cheat on your spouse you truly need to go for deliverance. That statement always rubs me the wrong way
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by obi123: 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
and what of situations where he waits for her to serve the food and he says he wont eat nko
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ideamaster(m): 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
It is not normal.But it would help if the man takes the initiative to settle the misunderstanding.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by 76Naira(m): 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
The coco will be if later at night she denies me real stuff. We both know...we have normal issues & settle. Sometimes we get upset & want to vent it. If she doesn't feel like joining me in the kitchen because I ran my mouth........that is fair.

But we must settle before night.

Hehehehe.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by dominionangel: 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
its not cool but dts not enough reason for him to eat out, he can dish his food and call for reconciliation by ironing things out with his wife. Peace
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by hbabe(f): 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
@topic

It is not the proper thing to do. It is like a husband not dropping 'chop' money because he is angry with his wife.
Our being angry should not make us shirk from our responsibilities at home.

Unique!:
Very immature way to handle misunderstanding
I totally agree with you.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by blank(f): 3:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
Hbab, where have u been since?
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
Outstrip:

You hit the nail on the head. People are having marital conflicts that includes ignoring each other for days and someone is whiningover the small issue that he was not "served" food. Foolishness of the highest order. The most annoying ones are the ones who say that the man will go someone else and enjoy someone elses cooking. I mean are they even aware that that statement make them seem like they are mentally and physically disabled? If food is what will make you cheat on your spouse you truly need to go for deliverance. That statement always rubs me the wrong way
My dear I didnt even want to comment when i saw the ones on how that will make him cheat. My Lord, I am dealing with mood swings now and I didnt know how i will react so i just kept quiet. Is a wife so valueless in Nigeria now that any small issue will automatically be an excuse for the man to cheat and will be justified? Is that what we have reduced our wives too? I had to de-learn every thing I previously thought I nknew about marriage and re learn, When I read somethings here my heart just sinks, haba, How does a human being who is meant to be a partner and helpmate get reduced to the level i see here. If you dont give hime s3x everytime even when you are sick he will cheat, if you do this he will cheat.
I am not in anyway tolerating the womans actions whioch i regard as totally childish but I am just so sad that everything is an excuse or a reason to cheat.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
Yes it is wrong. If she has been the one always dishing out his meal and all of a sudden stops after an argument, then she is mightily sick. The same way I dislike women that punish their husbands with sex. You have issues with someone and you think that very immature way is the way to deal with issues?

Women need to work on their insecurities. The fact that you dished out his food does not mean he won't apologize to you. I hug and slightly kiss my husband's cheeks when he comes home even though we had an argument earlier on. It doesn't stop him from apologising when he is wrong and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 3:27pm On Mar 28, 2012
ronkebp:

I think you lack the intellectual ability to comprehend what is happening here. How would a wife for whatever flimsy reason refuse to serve her husband meal. This is how marriages crash. He starts eating from outside, next he sees other beautiful ladies or some lady woos here, next sex follows, He is already gone. Then you start crying and running for deliverance that a witch is in your family or someone has used "juju" to charm you husband. When a simple maturity from the onset would have saved the day will you women always learn the hard way. na wah for nigeria women self

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

I think you lack the intellectual ability to comprehend what is happening here. How would a wife for whatever flimsy reason refuse to serve her husband meal. This is how marriages crash. He starts eating from outside, next he sees other beautiful ladies or some lady woos here, next sex follows, He is already gone. Then you start crying and running for deliverance that a witch is in your family or someone has used "juju" to charm you husband. When a simple maturity from the onset would have saved the day will you women always learn the hard way. na wah for nigeria women self

Very lame. Are you Nigerian men this low in your thinking or is it just you? is this why you people cheat? how degrading for you men and I thought women were the only ones called "Cheap s**ts"

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
Outstrip:

Outstrip go and read the Post again and evaluate the comment before you dey run ya mouth for here.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry:

Very lame. Are you Nigerian men this low in your thinking or is it just you? is this why you people cheat? how degrading for you men and I thought women were the only ones called "Cheap s**t"

@jennykadry, you can call it lame if you like an you get ya mouth when all you do here is gossip. If you understand marriage in nigeria you will know that it is flimsy issues such as this that snowballs into home breaking. If you like marry and dont serve ya husband food stay indoors for days ok. it is people like you that encourages such nonsense when in your own house you be Bolo. Abeg try front

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

@jennykadry, you can call it lame if you like an you get ya mouth when all you do here is gossip. If you understand marriage in nigeria you will know that it is flimsy issues such as this that snowballs into home breaking. If you like marry and dont serve ya husband food stay indoors for days ok. it is people like you that encourages such nonsense when in your own house you be Bolo. Abeg try front

Eat my faecal discharge. grin I repeat, do all Nigerian men think this way or is it just you? your cheap thought got me thinking, maybe nigerian men are not eligible for marriage anymore undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
@ Topic, it is childish to deny your husband or wife of food or s3x because you are quarelling, settle your issues like adults. If you are not mature enough to handle marriage please no marry, The husband should be more concerned about settling the fight than about food at this point. Same way i cant stand it when men feel ignoring thier wives is the best way to make them "sorry", talk to her, sort your issues out for heavens sake. Stop acting like kids, keeping malice, refusing to serve food, refusing to have s3x. I taya

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by freecocoa(f): 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry: Same way some women deny their husbands sex after a quarrel
Are you saying its not good as well? Cos i wonder how one can make love when angry .
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry:

Eat my faecal discharge. grin I repeat, do all Nigerian men think this way or is it just you? your cheap thought got me thinking, maybe nigerian men are not eligible for marriage anymore undecided

Your comment on this issue is chidish and to encourage it shows a high level of immaturity. abeg go F**k ya sef. I m b e c i l e

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
freecocoa: Are you saying its not good as well? Cos i wonder how one can make love when angry .

Have s3x when you are angry, make love when you make up but never punish a man or a woman with sex.
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

Your comment on this issue is chidish and to encourage it shows a high level of immature. abeg go F**k ya sef. I m b e c i l e

Ahn ahn, na we we nowwwww. We know ourselves. OR you don forget say na me and you dey do the imbechile work together? cheesy

Answer my question joooo, is it just your slow brain that thinks this way or does every naija man think like you?

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by ronkebp(f): 3:43pm On Mar 28, 2012
free2ryhme:

Really?? Free2rap, this is all you have to say Couple dey 'taage', you are hear talking about food, oh now!!! i know the calibre of ''tifun lorans'' FFF (friend for food) only, wobiya!!!! so naa fodd konsign you for the whole matter. OLE!!!!!
Re: Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food by free2ryhme: 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry:

Have s3x when you are angry, make love when you make up but never punish a man or a woman with sex.

@jennykadry you just shout your sef in the foot. gringringrin If you must not deny him sex or make love when you are angry then you must not deny him food also. Just as the former is good for the soul so also is the later for the body. gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here / How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 13 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.