Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan (8109 Views)

Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace / Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. / GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan assured yesterday that his government will end the menace of Islamic sect, Boko Haram in some areas of the north by the middle of the year. He said the nation’s security forces will take total control of the situation.

Jonathan who spoke in an interview with the South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency while attending a two-day summit on peaceful use of nuclear energy, with about 51 other world leaders in Seoul, also gave an insight into the problems faced by the Federal Government in 2010 when his predecessor, late President Umoru Musa Yar’Adua was ill in far away Saudi Arabia without formally handing over the reigns of government to him as the then Vice President.

Speaking on the current security challenges facing the country following the Boko Haram Islamic sect’s bombing canpaign in some parts of Nigeria, President Jonathan said, the problem was limited to certain areas in the country, assuring the international community that the problem would be seriously curtailed as the nation’s security forces would take total control of the situation by the middle of this year.

“In terms of security challenges, we have some parts of the country where we have terrorist attacks, but it does not affect the whole country. We are in reasonable control. We have the belief that in the middle of this year; in terms of security of individuals, we will have full control. The danger is limited to some parts of the country. It does not extend to other parts of country,” he further said.

President Jonathan also said during the interview that there were fears of military coup when late President Yar’Adua fell ill and did not formally hand over power to him, (Jonathan) as the then vice president. He said there were fears of a poosible coup as the country wobbled during the uncertainty surrounding the health condition of his predecessor.

He however said that military coup could not have occured because the country was politically stable.

“I was the President during the transition (period). Before I took over, I was vice president. The President (Yar’Adua) was very ill and people thought there would be military intervention. Today, we conducted election. Politically, we are stable,” he said.

Assuring potential investors of a conducive environment to do business in Nigeria, President Jonathan appealed to South Korean companies to invest in Nigeria because of her huge economic potentials.

According to Jonathan, “other areas and the public sector have been opened up. Agriculture, in terms of production of raw materials; and other sectors have been opened up. Not just in private airlines but airports, terminal buildings and other sectors.

“Oil sector had been opened up from the beginning. We have very few chemical companies. It is an area these (Korean) companies can invest. Before 2002, telecommunication was a monopoly. Telecommunication has been opened up to other countries. More Korean companies can invest in all aspects of telecommunication.

“There is one key area that I want to emphasize. Nigeria is a very green area for investors. Before this time, during the military rule, you do not know who would be the next president. When a new government came, there were new policies and those policies were not attractive to investors.

“Basically from 1999 to date, we have established democratic government. For investors, Nigeria has strong laws and media. No president can just change laws that can affect investors especially. We encourage investors”. He pointed out that he specifically preferred the Korean investors to focus attention on the power sector.

“I want investment in power sector. For now, we are quite low. We want South Korean investors.”
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Dyt(f): 2:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
ok
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by gegee(m): 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2012
boko Haram will end in june...YES WE CAN!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by eherbal(m): 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
rafhell: President Goodluck Jonathan assured yesterday that his government will end the menace of Islamic sect, Boko Haram in some areas of the north by the middle of the year. He said the nation’s security forces will take total control of the situation.

Jonathan who spoke in an interview with the South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency while attending a two-day summit on peaceful use of nuclear energy, with about 51 other world leaders in Seoul, also gave an insight into the problems faced by the Federal Government in 2010 when his predecessor, late President Umoru Musa Yar’Adua was ill in far away Saudi Arabia without formally handing over the reigns of government to him as the then Vice President.

Speaking on the current security challenges facing the country following the Boko Haram Islamic sect’s bombing canpaign in some parts of Nigeria, President Jonathan said, the problem was limited to certain areas in the country, assuring the international community that the problem would be seriously curtailed as the nation’s security forces would take total control of the situation by the middle of this year.

“In terms of security challenges, we have some parts of the country where we have terrorist attacks, but it does not affect the whole country. We are in reasonable control. We have the belief that in the middle of this year; in terms of security of individuals, we will have full control. The danger is limited to some parts of the country. It does not extend to other parts of country,” he further said.

President Jonathan also said during the interview that there were fears of military coup when late President Yar’Adua fell ill and did not formally hand over power to him, (Jonathan) as the then vice president. He said there were fears of a poosible coup as the country wobbled during the uncertainty surrounding the health condition of his predecessor.

He however said that military coup could not have occured because the country was politically stable.

“I was the President during the transition (period). Before I took over, I was vice president. The President (Yar’Adua) was very ill and people thought there would be military intervention. Today, we conducted election. Politically, we are stable,” he said.

Assuring potential investors of a conducive environment to do business in Nigeria, President Jonathan appealed to South Korean companies to invest in Nigeria because of her huge economic potentials.

According to Jonathan, “other areas and the public sector have been opened up. Agriculture, in terms of production of raw materials; and other sectors have been opened up. Not just in private airlines but airports, terminal buildings and other sectors.

“Oil sector had been opened up from the beginning. We have very few chemical companies. It is an area these (Korean) companies can invest. Before 2002, telecommunication was a monopoly. Telecommunication has been opened up to other countries. More Korean companies can invest in all aspects of telecommunication.

“There is one key area that I want to emphasize. Nigeria is a very green area for investors. Before this time, during the military rule, you do not know who would be the next president. When a new government came, there were new policies and those policies were not attractive to investors.

“Basically from 1999 to date, we have established democratic government. For investors, Nigeria has strong laws and media. No president can just change laws that can affect investors especially. We encourage investors”. He pointed out that he specifically preferred the Korean investors to focus attention on the power sector.

“I want investment in power sector. For now, we are quite low. We want South Korean investors.”
Unfortunately,like the Taliban and Al-Qaeda,they've come to stay.It's the north's only leverage to negotiate their continued hold on power,as they're very deficient on negotiations and diplomacy.Methinks It's about time the igbos activated the bakassi boys,the Niger delta;egbesu boys ,while the yorubas too activate the millitant arm of the OPC;The Oodua Revolutionary Front,In preparation for an inevitable break-up.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by ismhab(m): 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
Jonalooter is a typical liar.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2012
rafhell:

“In terms of security challenges, we have some parts of the country where we have terrorist attacks, but it does not affect the whole country.[b] We are in reasonable control. [/b]We have the belief that in the middle of this year; in terms of security of individuals, we will have full control. The danger is limited to some parts of the country. It does not extend to other parts of country,” he further said.

Can Mr president honestly look himself in the mirror and believe that his government is in reasonable control of the terrorism that currently plagues Nigeria? If so one would hate to see what unreasonable control would look like.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by blackboi(m): 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2012
We need Korean President lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Businesstools(m): 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
I believe it can be achieve but it is clear from all indications,that we are not yet ready to combat the BH scourge.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Beaf1: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
Bastards!

If they are not the people unleashing Boko Haram on us how would they know or predicts (exact date) on which it will end?

So GEJ, Sambo, Ndume and the entire PDP have decided to end the killings?

Unfortunately,like the Taliban and Al-Qaeda,they've come to stay.It's the north's only leverage to negotiate their continued hold on power,as they're very deficient on negotiations and diplomacy.Methinks It's about time the igbos activated the bakassi boys,the Niger delta;egbesu boys ,while the yorubas too activate the millitant arm of the OPC;The Oodua Revolutionary Front,In preparation for an inevitable break-up.

^^^
North's only leverage to negotiate power my foot!

When will ya all dumbs realise that Boko harem is a PDP machinery to divide and rule/loot?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by bittyend(m): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
Who's Goodluck Jonathan? Sorry, I don't rate Nigerians with English names - last time I checked, there were no slave plantations in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Basics007: 2:26pm On Mar 28, 2012
Just like every other thing he's said since his admin inception,i'll take this one also with a pinch of salt
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2012
I BELIEVE GOD NOT jonathan, YES WE CAN.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by free2ryhme: 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
cheesy grin cheesy grin By June the entire North will have bin bombed. Nice strategy GEJ
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by kokoA(m): 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
So we should endure the bombing till June. Kai! Wch kind president be dis one sef? Only God knows how many more Nigerians will die before June.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2012
If these boko freaks ever make the mistake of becoming symmetrical threats, they'll be completely annihilated by the Nigerian Army. Boko freaks, stop being cowards, fight like men and watch in horror as the Nigerian Army routs you.
#A boko commander was killed yesterday#
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by seunlayi(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
hope so as we continue praying for him

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by xage(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
Who's actually Boko Haram have i said PDP? i havn't said anything o please
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
In another words, we should be expecting even more intensified boko haram bombin come July.

Praise da Lawd!!!
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by cowgurl: 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
JUNE Pretty close I must say. Am waiting, watching n listening, praying it's not one of his usual talks. All da Best GEJ.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by emmysam2: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2012
Story, Story!! Na today? Sounds like his promise that there will be constant power supply in Nigeria by end of 2011. Na 2012 we dey now, power supply don decrease greatly.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Goodnessy: 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
Do you believe it yourself? How is that supposed to happen if I may ask, he keeps washing his dirty linen in the public and that is so bad. In the face of Kidnapping of expatriates and killing them that is the new modus operandi, I am sure that those people he told would be making fun of him by now. This kind if statement is why some people think he is not capable of handling Nigeria, to say the least.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Omen100(m): 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
e-herbal:

dream on son, inevitable breakup my ass.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by lacasa: 3:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
Beaf!:
Bastards!

If they are not the people unleashing Boko Haram on us how would they know or predicts (exact date) on which it will end?

So GEJ, Sambo, Ndume and the entire PDP have decided to end the killings?

^^^
North's only leverage to negotiate power my foot!

When will ya all dumbs realise that Boko harem is a PDP machinery to divide and rule/loot?

Gba!! U av said d truth
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
Is it just me or does any NLer suspect a much deeper conspiracy around these events (excluding the obvious jostle for Presidency)
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by 76Naira(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
Maybe that is what they told him.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2012
No Need arguing with the man. Simply need to hold him to his word. If he says by June, then people should make sure that if it does not happen, there is a consequence. Simple!
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by cold(m): 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
Well the bombs haven't been going off as much lately.It could be a function of the security agencies being more alive to their responsibilities or the Boko boys have simply gone on the down low to resurge with a b ang.Either way,we hope this menace diminishes until it vanishes completely
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by Okijajuju1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2012
Yes indeed!!

Reliable sources within AsoRock has confirmed that the Nigerian Government and the U.S have finalized an agreement for SEAL Team VI to come into Nigeria and kill some Boko Haramites. . Its goingto form part of the training for SEAL team VI and also show MOPOL how to get the job doen.
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by bittyend(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2012
Where is Okija_juju? I think GEJ needs otumonpour or whatever that thing is called cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by abohrandy: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
make wuna see wetin Boko Haram go do by that june!!!!! they will not b smiling!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan by stepo707: 4:16pm On Mar 28, 2012
We are waiting! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Iara Oshiomole Files In For A Divorce" - Candy Stallwhat / Buhari Impostor: US Legal Practitioners, Human Rights Group Writes To UN / You Visited Someone And This Kind Of Bed Was Offered To You, What Would You Do ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.