Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:30 PM

DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! (24569 Views)

Help My Dstv Is Always Hanging / Dstv Is A Cheat Exploiting Nigerians... Subscribers Lament On Unbearable Tariff / Just Like They Did HITV, DSTV Is About To Run Startimes Out Of Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Vigilante: 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
@okija juju ϔӦǖ rock mehn.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by sample042(m): 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2012
hlo pals! 4 doz dt wish to upgrade remotely witout going to dstv's office, switch off ur decodr 4 few mins(5 or less) then switch on. Automatically a menu wil appear askn u to upgrade or reject. Jst click on upgrade kpam! Se finis. @ odiaero did u hack ur dcodr? Or hw?
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by teskyg: 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
@ Rafhell,the issue is not about SA company making money out of us,HITV was run down by management who failed to startegised and competite in the Market.MTN is competing with Globacom.Am sure u are aware how Glo is run.what is your prediction in future?Do you want to talk Shoprite,the saw the opportunity and took it.we have so many corrupt citizens who decided to take all their ill gotten wealth abroad and not invest in the country.HITV management saw the position of their company and never strategised.Its pertinent to note that it has be glaring that Nigerians have shown that they can run a business.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by tashanja(m): 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
I also received the same text and took the trouble to go to their office to find out why. Apparently, the upgrade is more applicable to subscribers using the old smart cards which DSTV is phasing out and therefore encouraging holders to submit them for a free swap before 31stMarch 2012, after which such swap could attract a fee (yet to be decided).

Note: until a few months ago, the older smart cards were popular among subscribers because they could also be used with the more user friendly Strong Receiver, much to the chagrin of DSTV - who seem yet again to have increased their stranglehold on their brand/franchise by blocking this latter option.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
do you need to go to their office?

moreover, i love the upgrade, allows me mark my favourite channels, i no longer have to scroll through tens of boring sports channels to switch btw sonymax and discovery ID

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by sirp2007: 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
on this issue NO.but generally yes
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Ninilowo(m): 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
I did my own throgh d remote control nah. Whatz da problem now?
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by mexmen(m): 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
na wa for dstv oh....dis south africans wd treat us shabbily until we get our acts 2gda
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Temi231(f): 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
I did mine via my remote control with just a click....... cool
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by DECOtech(m): 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
odiaero: My DSTV is still running for almost 7 months now without payment, my luck
It will only take a moment for them to remember u. Enjoy while it lasts.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by kobikwelu(m): 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
sigh......
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Accurateluigi: 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
Thanks for all your patronage
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Gentleboby: 8:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
Ninilowo: I did my own throgh d remote control nah. Whatz da problem now?
That yours is sitting at home upgrade while this one is by fire by force you have no choice but visit them as a Nija,
But who born monkey in SA messing up where they have SABC1 SABC2 SABC3 etv and others as a chioce.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by rman: 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2012
Nigerians with our hypocritical cries and sentimental statements online.
DSTV and MTN are not taking anyone for granted or ripping anyone off.
They are the market leaders because they are simply the best available.

The last time I checked, we have fstv, Hitv, startimes etc, why don't we stick with those? Because we all know the quality of service isn't close to dstv. Nigerians are the only set off people that refuse to dump companies that are taking them for granted or ripping them off. Something must be wrong with us mentally or we are just liars.

So far a gun isn't pointed to our heads to buy their products, then the choice is strictly in our hands.
Enough of these govt should do something about foreign company's when we know they are just doing the business right.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by emsquare(m): 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2012
rafhell: keep blabbing while they keep making their money. na by force!!!

LOL
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by SkyRider1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2012
The Upgrade refered to by poster is meant for people using the old smartcards. These cards will not be able to support the recent technology/Programming being introduced by DSTV.

There is another Over the air (OTA) Upgrade for decoder software, which is free and can be done by subscriber remotely. You only press Ok at the prompt and it takes about 10 mins to complete. This is just like upgrading your computer with a new Operating system (OS)

However, Multichoice will charge subscribers N3,000 to upgrade these smartcards after March 31st.

This is very wrong and must be resisted by all means (But am yet to know how we can approach this South African monster) Multichoice only sent out alerts for this smartcard upgrade 7 days ago.

What do they have to say about people who travelled out of the areas their decoders are located? People who are sick or not disposed to their timing?

Again, these smartcards were issued by DSTV and should be replaced by them free of charge. That's what a responsible outfit would have done.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by pofolo(m): 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
There are two kinds of upgrades.
1. Ota for ur decoder alone. It displays wen u put ur box on,all u have to do is simply press o.k.

2. Smart card upgrade.
Just confirmed frm a high source dat, its true. Its targeted @ 'unmarried' cards, n dat dis time d cards will even no longer works in der old decoders. They r giving a swap policy for old unmarried cards with authentic decoders for new decoders with married cards.
D deadline na saturday march 31.
With d new smart cards one bcomes a TOTAL slave of dstv, but wit d oldcards, other fta and conax enable recievers can bail u out.dats wat dstv is out to stop.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by ProGSM(m): 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
But I did mine without going out.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by khukhi(f): 11:04pm On Mar 28, 2012
grin
rafhell: keep blabbing while they keep making their money. na by force!!!
grin grin grin
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by abusadiq24(m): 11:13pm On Mar 28, 2012
@op those tha were asked 2go 2 there office 4 upgrade are the ones with the old card (reciever system) in which the upgrade can not be done over the air. you have 2go their with ur card n reciever 2b issue a new one that can blend with their system. Ma bro that is using old reciver got the same type of message, though he didnt go 2 their office yet but that is wat i xpect wil happen wenever he get there.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by lillaowow(m): 3:38am On Mar 29, 2012
ajila03: What nonsence is wrong with their head?Is this they. way they do to their S Africans customers.I wonder why people still waste their hard earned naira to watch repeated programmes from E!,114,118 and several others.They wouldn't send such stupid text message to me when they are not mad.

i still wonder whhy people spend their quality money on DSTV.. dey are morons and i hate them with a passion.
PS- they don't count Nigerians as their customers just a place where they make more money from low quality service
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by lillaowow(m): 3:40am On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

Well DSTV just gave your employed arse an ultimatum!!

You either get your scrunny arse to their office and queue up, or submerge your decoder in a bucket of water. Either ways, your bitc'hing aint gonna change shit. For everyone customer DSTV loses, 10 more subscribers join the network.

Hope you get the message. . .

That is a BIG LIE........!!!!!
ppl are really getting tired of their shits
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Pozzy(m): 4:13am On Mar 29, 2012
What's wrong with HiTv in Naija? Even bleeped here in Uk, repeating Tyme out with TeeA and Uncle Wayward(movie) like there is no 2mrw
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by livingstoneony(m): 7:25am On Mar 29, 2012
#dstv ke!?...d whole system ΐƨ taking nigerians for granted starting wit our govt. cry dstv na small now
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by eherbal(m): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2012
Ekans: How come i have been watching Dstv for close to a year now without new subscription when mine expired last year. Did they forget me?and moreover i have the upgrade message on my tv screen too.
don't do the upgrade. If you've been watching for free. It'll simply start charging again.Lucky you.Was enjoying free Etisalat BB service clooose to 3 months, before I loaded 500 naira ,and they took the service away leaving me with wap.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by eherbal(m): 7:43am On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

#babyvoice Awww!! Did the juju man make ndidi baby cry!! Bad juju man, Bad juju man!!

It dosent matter where I work or how I make my daily bread.

The power to go or notto go remains firmly in your hands (the end-user). Infact, you have the right to pick up the phone and tell DSTV to shove it. But like I said earlier, your bitching aint gonna solve shit! DSTV reserves the right to ask all subscribers to come to their office within a set period of time for them to put a bugs bunny sticker on your decoder. Its their company and they can do what ever bloddy hell they please. There is a limit to consumer rights and this one desent fall under it.

Now you and your band of cry babies should suck it up. You people are masters at crying and calling on the government for everything. DSTV pays their darn taxes and you cant stipulate to them how they run their company. This upgrade is for them to serve you better. If their service is shoddy, you complain, now they are trying to upgrade you and you are still bitc'hing. . .

I cant get sacked honey!! Ana enwe obodo enwe. I sack people. If you cant afford transport to come to DSTV office to get your card upgraded then I suggest you go ask your neighbour to take you along whenever he/she/they is/are coming to do theirs.

Now stop crying o.k baby!! I was only trying to make you act like a big girl. . . sowwie booboo. . . tickle tickle. . .
crasy arsedd ritualist.sadistic at most.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by sessy2(f): 7:43am On Mar 29, 2012
odiaero: My DSTV is still running for almost 7 months now without payment, my luck
how did u do it bro
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Judeotis: 8:24am On Mar 29, 2012
I have not received any message from dstv
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by brock1740: 8:36am On Mar 29, 2012
hello dude plz help me....
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 29, 2012
@ndidi i am not angry at them am angry at ALIKO dangote i dont know why he is not giving them competition becos i can imagine paying 10300 for paytv its stealing and robbery .useless fools
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by sessy2(f): 8:43am On Mar 29, 2012
floriana: so that DSTV can now burst his bubble abi?
hahahahaha... There is joy in sharing brother
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2012
i was asked to upgrade mine remotely, which i did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All About Dreambox Receivers / Make Your 1.8m Dish To 1.9m / Decorder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.