Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,770 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

How To Erase A VCD Or DVD - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Erase A VCD Or DVD (2911 Views)

Pls How Do I Copy A Movie Fron A Vcd Plate To My Phone Via Laptop / No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. / Sending A Vcd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Erase A VCD Or DVD by robby1(m): 4:11am On Mar 25, 2006
i dont know weather its possible to erase a vcd or dvd disc. any ideas to help me?
Re: How To Erase A VCD Or DVD by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:13am On Mar 25, 2006
it depends if the format of the disk is +-rw
if so u can easily erase the disk and burn something new it
also ur burner most support +-rw erasing and burning
which type of burner do you have?

You can always bye new cd's too man, erasing cds takes a long time bro,
Re: How To Erase A VCD Or DVD by Badman888(m): 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2006
it has to be in rw format unless there is no way it can be erased, and if it is a VCD or DVD movie you bought from a store there is no way you can erase it.
Re: How To Erase A VCD Or DVD by otegah(m): 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2006
Why the hell would you want to erase a non re-writable cd plate, when you can get one for as low as N80.
Re: How To Erase A VCD Or DVD by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2006
lol @ otegah, i was kinda wondering?
Re: How To Erase A VCD Or DVD by Typewriter(m): 1:05am On Mar 27, 2006
otegah:

Why the hell would you want to erase a non re-writable Cd plate, when you can get one for as low as N80.
that's not fair, may be he wrote one by error and need to clean and re-write, and he wants to be economic wise
don't just blame people who need infomation at least he needed your advice not your Blames and thats why this forum was created (for novice and Gurus to exchange there positions and develop.

@r_o_b_b_y ,My apologia on his behalf,

about your post begging to know if VCD/DVD can be cleaned or re-formated, well
we have two type of Audio Cd/VCD/DVD disc one is AudioCd/VCD/DVD -ROM ([b]R[/b]ead [b]O[/b]nly [b]M[/b]emory) it means that once it has been writting/used it can never be cleaned for re-use.

and the Other is AidioCd/VCD/DVD (Re+RW) Read and Rewrite which means you can read/view and clean and use again to write new projects. and their case has this as an indication that it is re-writable (+RW).
Re: How To Erase A VCD Or DVD by Badman888(m): 1:15am On Mar 27, 2006
Typewriter said the truth, someone asks for help and you just get back to him like that, just say in a polite way what the point of erasing a non re-writable CD. and he didnt specify the type of CD so how are you sure its not rewritable
Re: How To Erase A VCD Or DVD by otegah(m): 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2006
Robby, i sincerely apologize for the tone i used on the reply.I was completely out of line.
My advice is that you should purchase a re-writable plate,so you can erase and re-write as many times as possible.Am so, sorry my friend.
Re: How To Erase A VCD Or DVD by O4real(m): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2006
Yeah Robby, any VCD / CD that doesnt have RW written after it cant be wiped once written to. because it is read-only. But any CD that has RW written after it can be wiped and written to as many as possible.
As for DVDs, any DVD that doesnt have RW, +RW, -RW written after cant be wiped once written to, especially movie DVDs. Those ones have been permanently burnt. But those that have the suffixes (RW, +RW, -RW) can be written as many times as u want to wipe and write to them.
Furthermore, you will need different types of burners to do this. A CD-writer can do disc-once and RW CDs too. While a DVD writer can do what a CD writer can do and also write to DVDs. Supporting disc-once format and (RW, +RW, -RW) too.

(1) (Reply)

GAMING RIG/NVIDIA® GeForce® Dedicated Graphic Laptops (CHEAPEST PRICE) / Majic Jack Phone - Unlimited Calls To Us And Canada / Ever Experienced a 'Black Screen' aka No Screen Display While pc is On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.