Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan (7432 Views)

Check Out The Outfit Of This Liverpool Fan / A Liverpool Fan Feels Enough Is Enough And Puts Raheem Sterling Up For Sale On / 104-year-old Liverpool Fan To Get Over 4,000 Cards From Liverpool Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by biggerboy(m): 9:52am On Nov 01, 2007
A 28-year-old fan of Arsenal FC of England, Mr. Femi Ajibola, has been stabbed to death by a Liverpool FC supporter.
P.M.News learnt today that the incident took place at Afijuomo area of Mile 12, Lagos, after the 1-1 draw between the two teams last Sunday.

Sources at the scene of the incident told P.M.News learnt that the suspect, Mr. Wahebi, a fan of Liverpool FC, engaged Mr. Ajibola, an Arsenal fan, in an argument over which club is superior.

“The heated argument led to a fight but the intervention of neighbours and other fans, brought the situation under control. Ajibola and Wahebi thus went their separate ways,” he said.

It was learnt that not satisfied, Wahebi went to his house, picked up a knife and went to Ajibola’s house where another fight ensued and Wahebi stabbed Ajibola.

Ajibola, P.M.News learnt, was taken to Ikeja General Hospital but he died on the way due to excessive bleeding.

It was further gathered that after Wahebi learnt of Ajibola’s death, he fled the area along with his entire family.

When P.M.News visited Wahebi’s house this morning at 20, Afijuomo street, Mile 12, the two storey building where over six families lived before the incident was completely deserted.

P.M.News learnt that tenants and Wahebi’s family fled for fear of being arrested by policemen from Ketu who are investigating the murder.

It was gathered that after the incident, the youths in the area attempted to burn Wahebi’s house but were advised by the elders in the area not to take laws in their hands.

The atmosphere in the area this morning was still tense days after the incident happened.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=20108
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by biggerboy(m): 9:54am On Nov 01, 2007
The question is :Why are they always attacking Arsenal Fans?Remember the story of a bolton fan that stabbed an arsenal fan sometimes ago?The life was in the poor guy's head for almost 3 days or so until it was removed by surgery.
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by somze(f): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2007
Na wa for nigerians.

People are earning their living . . . and lots of it . . . in meyerside and they're here killing each other.

Sad and pathetic story.
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by manu4laif: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2007
It does not matter whose fan was stabbed or killed hooliganism in football must be stamped out and such thugs treated like the common criminals they really are.

WAN UNITED
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by tkb417(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2007
Liverpool fan? o ti pari
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by HNIC(m): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2007
This is shocking,
The clubs don't even know they exist and neither one of them own a single share in the club. A senseless waste! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by maddock(m): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2007
What a shame and a waste,we Nigerians have really taken this man u,chelsea and arsenal thing to another pathetic level. I just wish all theses wannabes fans of the premiership should wake up and very fast too.
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by Vieira(m): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2007
I understand the passion of football and the need to defend your teams honour but why resort to the use of knives and stuff?

Can we not resolve anything with words?

By winning a physical fight does it make Liverpool better than Arsenal?? Does it make Arsenal better than Liverpool??

No it does not.

This is not even a mob fight just two people arguing and one decided to go all the way home to go and get a knive? what an asswipe.

That is murder pure and simple. He had the composure to leave go home and return and inflict a fatal wound, this cannot be attributed to heat of the moment passion at all.

What if he was from Liverpool itself? He for gun down all gunners abi?
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by damkollins(m): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2007
This crazyness is getting out of hand!
Do we have kill ourselves in Nigeria over clubs that doesn't even know of our existence here in Nigeria?
God helps premiership supporters in Nigeria!
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by A40(m): 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2007
On top what now? There is more to this than meets the eye o! even rival fans over there still laugh with each other when the game is over i think peeps are just taking this thing too far.I think the killer should face a firing squad so this sort of bull shit dont happen no more

RIP to a fan of ours.You are in a better place now
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by folahann(m): 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2007
I think football is supposed to be a game and not a fight. In Europe the supporters respect their teams a lot but in Africa we fight over what is not ours, yes i said Africa b'cos this is not limited to Nigeria.
In Italy there is a set of couples interviewed 2 years ago, married about 30years ago, the husband supports A.C.Milan and the wife supports Inter Milan; this has not created any controversy since they were married. I'm sure this could never happen in Afrika
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by ayusman16(m): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2007
PM news carry junk news. If thats true then enemies get more arsenal fans too kill since we can't seems to stop winning.
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by mukina2: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2007
Very sad indeed sad

is arguing not enough, must a knife be used to settle it finally sad and he had the gut to run away angry. i pray they catch him and may the law deal with him angry

May the soul of Mr. Femi Ajibola, Rest In peace sad
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by otele(m): 1:24am On Nov 02, 2007
the guys nova talk the true wahala wey dey btw them? by the way, wey de source of this info.
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by McOmo(m): 3:57am On Nov 02, 2007
ayusman16

u said PM News carry too much junk news ? undecided

do u know that the same PM news actually had the gory pictures of the guy after being stabbed on its front page ? lipsrsealed THAT MUST BE THE DEFINITION OF JUNK AIGHT ? tongue

and I wonder why u want them to come for the rest of the gunners cos u cant stop winning embarassed
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by ayusman16(m): 8:32am On Nov 02, 2007
@Mc Omo

Thats not the first time this is happening to an Arsenal fan. Why not Man U or Chelsea? Na only us they play good futbol? As for PM news (most of their news are untrue) but if this is real then it's sad for futbol lovers.
cry
I hate Man U and Chelsea but that does not mean that i would get so passionate and stab somebody over that. embarassed
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by tkb417(m): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2007
Murder case. This isnt a football matter. Touts wearing fake jersies up and down maimimg and killing people cos of one foreign club is madness
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by ayusman16(m): 9:25am On Nov 02, 2007
d thing tire me ooo. And d pple dey there they enjoy their cool pay!
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by toshmann(m): 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2007
point I:

that guy is not a real liverpool fan. wearing the jersey and supporting liverpool in a match doesn't make u a liverpool fan. a liverpool fan comes from the heart, the real fans know the value of the club and wont get annoyed over an argument with another b/c he knows the worth of his club. so that guy is not a true kopite.

point 2:

leave football out of this. the guy is a murderer, period cool

point 3:

the guy is a fool. each week, top premiership players earn about £70,000-£I00,000 irrespective of the result of the game. those guys i'm sure cant boast of £4,000 in thier whole miserable life, yet them de fight to death. abeg make them lock up the idiot jare.

finally . . . all these are on the assumption that the story is true cool
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by A40(m): 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2007
There is a war going on outside no man is safe from it dont matter if you 3 feet or 8'1.Some people are just insane
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by McOmo(m): 2:44am On Nov 03, 2007
whatever it is . . . the story is true cool

and I hope we dont have fans lashing out at each other at viewing centres today as MANSCUM FACES ARSENAL cool
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by folahann(m): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2007
i think there should be a measure
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by toba1909(m): 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2007
Incredible !!! Those watching the match are not so upset to the extent of killing themselves,howcome we watching iton the screen.
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by finestboy2(m): 7:56pm On Nov 03, 2007
As far as am concerned, Manu won that match
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by biggerboy(m): 11:17am On Nov 05, 2007
finest-boy:

As far as am concerned, Manu won that match

See rubbish wey u dey talk for mouth !!!
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by showbobo(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2007
This is getting rampant and going out of hands.Maybe their should be a form of enlightenment to this crazy fans.
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by sod4luv(m): 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2007
Guess itz football dt ill cause world war III, cos itz happenin everywhere not only in naija,
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by giggsy: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2007
This is absolutely crazy!!! Now a life has been lost-just like that, and all because of a hooligan cry
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by Joey82(m): 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2007
every thing that comes to naija takes a different twist, why must we kill in the name of entertainmednt (cos that's what football is all about).

may his gentle soul rest in peace and i hope the killer will b found and brought to book so it can serve as a deterent to others. cry cry cry
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by candylips(m): 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2007
Arsenal fans are thugs anyway. They argue too much .

This is a note to other arsenel fans . Stop argueing unneccessarily, you might be next
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by kempo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2007
Adeiu Mr Femi. but you guys should have it in mind that the cup is neither for Arsenal or Liverpool. It is ours and we are definitely coming up to take it. THE BLUES
Re: Liverpool Fan Kills Arsenal Fan by biggerboy(m): 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2007
candylips:

Arsenal fans are thugs anyway. They argue too much .

This is a note to other arsenel fans . Stop argueing unneccessarily, you might be next

This shows how your brain works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guinea Vs Gambia: AFCON 2023 (1 - 0) On 19th January 2024 / Urgent Football Trials / What Are The Secrets You Know About Football Betting. See Mine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.