Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! (19280 Views)

"Nigerians Put To Shame Prophets Of Doom On 2015 Election" - Goodluck Jonathan / Dr. Ime Umanah Dies Mysteriously / Group Urges APC Leaders To Replace Buhari With Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/nasirelrufai/posts/10151439121905128

This was aired
on 25/3/2012 NTA Newsline.
A young lady, Ime Anwana, a Batch "A" corps
member, was posted to serve in the NNPC
depot in Niger State. She visited a friend serving
at a local girls secondary secondary in the
nearby village of Kaffin Koro and was told the
school has no chemistry teacher.
Ime volunteered to use her free time on Friday
evenings to teach chemistry to the students -
free of charge. While teaching in the school she
saw the sorry state of the student
accommodation and took it upon upon herself
to do something about it.
She raised the sum of 3.8 million naira and
supervised the building of a student hostel
equipped with 40 double bunk beds complete
with mattresses.
One fateful day, while riding on a motorbike taxi
(Okada) on the way to the project site she had
an accident that killed the Okada rider and
seriously injured her. She spent three weeks in a
coma and was bed-ridden for three months.
On the NTA Newsline programme it was shown
how the village of Kaffin Koro rolled out the
drums to honour Miss Anwana for her work for
them. The District Head of the village, Alhaji
Abubakar Mamman gave her the chieftaincy title
of Jekadiyan Kaffin Koro (Ambassador of Kaffin
Koro) and also a piece of land in the village.
Ponder this:
1. Niger State, Ime's host state, is the home
state of two former Presidents of the Federal
Republic - Generals Ibrahim Babangida and
Abdulsalami Abubakar. Ironically (and sadly),
one of them recently hosted a high-profile
meeting in the same state to "discuss" the
problem in the North. All they need is few
minutes trip to Kaffin Koro and they will see the
problem staring them in the eyes.
2. In the NTA Newsline report there was neither
representation nor acknowledgement of Miss
Anwana's work from - or - by her host, Niger
State Government.
3. Paiko Local Government, under whose
jurisdiction Kaffin Koro falls, has a Local
Government Chairman, a State Assembly
Representative, a National Assembly
Representative and a Senator in Abuja. They all
know (or should know) the state of that school
long before Miss Anwana left her native Akwa
Ibom State and arrived there. Don't you now
think that the system is broken?
4. Miss Anwana's action throws a challenge not
only to the Mandarins in the Northern political
set up but also to young northerners closer to
her age who have either silently acquiesced to
the status quo or have been driven into the
welcome arms of religious extremist due to the
dearth of opportunities in the North.
If you are a reading this and you are a
northerner - silently admit to yourself that Ime's
action has shamed most of us. And then pledge
to do whatever you can, no matter how little, to
reverse the decline (moral, educational, social,
economic) in your community.
NB.
Please suggest ways that you think Miss Ime
should be honored, so that it will serve as a
form of encouragement to those that really
have the country at heart(like her good self), not
the bunch of rougues we have as our
representatives, who think of nothing but how
to perpetuate doing what they do best:
STEALING THE MONEY THAT CROSSES THEIR
WAY & SEARCH AND CART AWAY THE ONE THEY
DO NOT SEE TOO.
Please pass the message around, it may luckily
reach the THIEVING ROGUES. Even if they do
not change, it will prick their conscience, if they
have one.
May God cause to bring change to our dear
Country in ANYWAY He knows how.
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Abuja, March 28, 2012

24 Likes

Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by mojounited(m): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2012
God bless your good heart @Ime A. Why would Babangida (IBB) want anything to do with development of his own State not to mention the North when he's busy fighting to keep the delusive Nigerian project in order to continue with status quo??

Here's a link I stumbled on how IBB is really fighting to keep Naija as one, I presume. . ?? NOT
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/opinion/2012/mar/27/opinion-27-03-2012-002.html
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by DuDelignc: 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
If this is true, once she has fully recovered, I say, replace the Local Government Chairman with her, WITHOUT ANY ELECTION!

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by OAM4J: 3:18am On Mar 30, 2012
Very good of her. May God bless her and shame on those selfish leaders that could have helped but refused.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Callotti: 5:41am On Mar 30, 2012
At least she succeeded in doing something in the NORTH!
She should have tried it in ANY part of SOUTHERN Nigeria.
She would have been kidnapped or killed!
She needs to go back to Akwa Ibom to continue her good works!
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME!!!!

Boko Haram in not interested in western education or 'Chemistry' lessons.
She should try to get herself reposted from the North.
I am concerned about her welfare.
This is no time to play "the hero" in Northern Nigeria!

Ime? Get your arzzzzzze back to your village ASAP!
Na who sen you message? undecided
I am soooooo not impressed o!
I would have been happy if she invested her time and energy in HER own village!
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Lucy001(f): 7:38am On Mar 30, 2012
If dis story is anything to go by, Miss Ime has really shows her commitment to humanity and may d good Lord continue to bless and reward her for are service to humanity, dis is how to National Youth Service Corp is meant to be, bring peace amoung tribes, I wish Miss Ime a speedy recovery.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Yeske2(m): 8:29am On Mar 30, 2012
The home state of IBB, Abubakar and that loud mouthed governor and they can't fix the school, good work Ime A but these northern nitwits(those silly leaders) would not appreciate your good deeds. Come back south to continue your good work. Bless you girl.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Funkymallam(m): 9:43am On Mar 30, 2012
Watched it on newsline and was moved to tears.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by chuks49(m): 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti: At least she succeeded in doing something in the NORTH!

Na who sen you message? undecided

Your idiocy has taken a new dimension, am not surprised.

5 Likes

Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Dede1(m): 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2012
@POST

I would have loved the story of Ime Anwana if she was posted in her home state of Akwa Ibom. There are more than ten (10) places like Kaffin Koro, Niger State in Akwa Ibom State. I know this for sure.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by atasteve: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2012
Good job....
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Basics007: 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2012
She's true Nigerian. The type i like hearing about. I wish her well and hope she fully recovers. God be with you girl

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by GboyegaD(m): 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2012
Very good gesture by Ime. In my opinion, I would have preferred they take her health more seriously if she is yet to recover fully and once she gets back into shape, she may be encouraged to take a job either in the Federal Ministry of Education or her State Ministry of Education towards improving the state of the Nigerian Education since she has the passion for improving lives of young ones because I know many a corper would care less should they have been in her position.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by iyaski: 2:57pm On Mar 30, 2012
DuDelignc: If this is true, once she has fully recovered, I say, replace the Local Government Chairman with her, WITHOUT ANY ELECTION!
g
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by slimming: 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2012
GboyegaD: Very good gesture by Ime. In my opinion, I would have preferred they take her health more seriously if she is yet to recover fully and once she gets back into shape, she may be encouraged to take a job either in the Federal Ministry of Education or her State Ministry of Education towards improving the state of the Nigerian Education since she has the passion for improving lives of young ones because I know many a corper would care less should they have been in her position.

supported
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Kx: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2012
Excellent work,
If the govt had done what she did, instead of N3.8million, we would have heard, N380billion.
May God richly reward her.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by free2ryhme: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2012
SHAME TO YOU: NORTHERNERS. WE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY OF YOUR YOUTH CORPERS POSTED TO THE SOUTH PERFORM SUCH A HONOURABLE FEAT. YOU ( ALL OF YOU ) SHOULD BOW YOUR HEADS IN SHAME. WITH ALL THE OIL BLOCKS AND MYRAID OF WEALTH AMONGST THE NORTHERN ELITES YOUR PEOPLE LIVE IN ABJECT POVERTY AND ACCOUNT FOR THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF ILLITERACY. GOD BLESS YOU IME AMWANA AND MAY REAP THE FRUIT OF YOUR LABOUR. MEN( WOMEN) WILL CALL YOU BLESSED.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by iyaski: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2012
may the good Lord bless her and let her reap from this seed which she has sown.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Obiagu1(m): 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2012
In my opinion, she is naive or trying to be a "heroine". What about similar schools in Akwa Ibom or are there none like that?
Why waste the money in a state that produced two heads of state?

I commend her for her good heart which should have been a gold standard but similar things are not done in the East by those serving there.
Charity begins at home!
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Businesstools(m): 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
She's a rare gem.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by 04kaa: 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
I had to log in after years just to say "Thank u to her" .............Shame to all our leaders . what are they teaching the new generation?
what is so difficult about developing their own fatherland?.....bunch of bastardssssss ...... God bless u Ime Anwana

04KAA ASK ABOUT ME ![b][/b]
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by hamsky: 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
Hope she's still alive because we can't afford to loose someone as selfless as Ime......May God Bless her
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by mykejones(m): 3:18pm On Mar 30, 2012
Watch this thread turn in2 another tribal e-war again.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by lilkech(m): 3:19pm On Mar 30, 2012
money wey she go use start business/life after service na him she take service dem kobo haram people dem.

Well, na woman sha . . . If u check am well one chairman don pay finish 4 her head

kudos to her
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by PHIPEX(m): 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
Obiagu1: In my opinion, she is naive or trying to be a "heroine". What about similar schools in Akwa Ibom or are there none like that?

I commend her for her good heart which should have been a gold standard but similar things are not done in the East by those serving there.
Charity begins at home!
Did they tell u she used her personal money? As a corper ur trained on how to source for fund in d community u are posted to better their lives which is what she did excellently. Can't believe her mates are in the other thread crying for not being deployed to NNPC headquarters. She deserve a national award IMO. Great men worldover see opportunities where others see nothing bt problems.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Reference(m): 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
Really sorry for that lady. She has a good heart. But the truth is that change comes from within no matter how enlightened an individual. While some may see it in the same light missionaries did a hundred years ago, others will liken her action to snake charming, a thrill ride with a morbid outcome. If people don't want a thing they won't have it. My grandma didn't need any encouragement to send all her children to the quarry to dig stones to build the school they all attended. You either want it or not. We must admit the value system in most parts of the north is anti-western education and what missionaries could not do a hundred years ago cannot be done today. Poster, think deeper about what is really happening in these places.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Ninapha(f): 3:23pm On Mar 30, 2012
Obiagu1: In my opinion, she is naive or trying to be a "heroine". What about similar schools in Akwa Ibom or are there none like that?

Charity begins at home!

I think you are more naive than anyone can imagin. What do consider the essence of community Development (CD) in the NYSC scheme. See how myopic and insensitive most of us reason. Where is home and what is Charity?

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Callotti: 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2012
chuks49:

Your idiocy has taken a new dimension, am not surprised.

Just wishing it were you and father instead of this lady. I would have gladly supplied Boka Haram the blunt knives, onions and red pepper to make suya for vultures only.
ArzzzzBoreHole! kiss
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by kemiola89(f): 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
Ime good job, may God almighty reward you for dat, wish you speedy recovery.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by emmysam2: 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti : At least she succeeded in doing something in the NORTH!

Na who sen you message?

Callotti, you are simply unpredictable! Sometimes, your response make me laugh, sometimes they are so frank and true that they make my want to cry. And sometimes, (like the one above)they are outrightly unthoughtful. You are just like a weather! undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by PLA1: 3:37pm On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti: U response is apaulling....This lady wld do the same if she was posted to her home state Akwa - Ibom. The spirit a great one that shld receive some measure of praise. Some corp members in her shoes would choose to drain the pockets of rich politicians by warming their beds rather than face the service to the nation the came for. Good work dear lady. May God's hand of healing be upon U speedily as you recorver. Some of us & our leaders should emulate this.
Re: The Story Of Ime Anwana, A Female Corp Member That Put Our Leaders To Shame! by Krazylover: 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2012
money wey she go use start business/life after service na him she take service dem kobo haram people dem.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Delta State: Office Of The Former Deputy Governor (Picture) / GB Onoh: "Buhari Jailed My Father But I Support Him For 2019" / New Jersey To Return $8.9m Looted Under Jonathan To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.