Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? (4105 Views)

Is China Good Or Bad For Africa? / Is China Better Than The West / Is China A Victim Of Economic Sabotage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by iNVICTUSobi(m): 2:40am On Mar 30, 2012
The most burning question of our time is, as it stands, is the PRC a force for good in the modern world or is it, simply put, a disruptive power.

The arguments for it are many-that it supports fundamentalist and military dictatorships in unstable states such as North Korea, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sudan etc., that it does not strongly oppose Iran in its pursuit of the 'bomb' and though it outwardly professes friendship and cooperation based on equality with other countries, it has a hidden agenda to dominate them through unfair trade practices such as in the recent 'currency imbroglio'. And lastly it is an anti-democratic entity which demoralises democratic societies by its mere existence.

If it is indeed a force of evil, then it begs the question as to how it can be stopped. How can it be bought down piece by piece? Your comments.......?
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 30, 2012
iNVICTUSobi: The most burning question of our time is, as it stands, is the PRC a force for good in the modern world or is it, simply put, a disruptive power.

The arguments for it are many-that it supports fundamentalist and military dictatorships in unstable states such as North Korea, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sudan etc., that it does not strongly oppose Iran in its pursuit of the 'bomb' and though it outwardly professes friendship and cooperation based on equality with other countries, it has a hidden agenda to dominate them through unfair trade practices such as in the recent 'currency imbroglio'. And lastly it is an anti-democratic entity which demoralises democratic societies by its mere existence.

If it is indeed a force of evil, then it begs the question as to how it can be stopped. How can it be bought down piece by piece? Your comments.......?

The US of A is the only threat to world and it has been since the end of world war 2.

You sir, are silly. Please, don't procreate because there are to many sheeple like you in the world - we don't need more.

2 Likes

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by iNVICTUSobi(m): 3:02am On Mar 30, 2012
shymmex:

The US of A is the only threat to world and it has been since the end of world war 2.

You sir, are silly. Please, don't procreate because there are to many sheeple like you in the world - we don't need more.

I am no sheeple as you may think, this is a forum to learn and share ideas and when I asked for comments, you clearly pointed yours out but name calling isn't something I am willing to participate in. Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 5:12am On Mar 30, 2012
iNVICTUSobi:

I am no sheeple as you may think, this is a forum to learn and share ideas and when I asked for comments, you clearly pointed yours out but name calling isn't something I am willing to participate in. Thank you sir.

God bless you for your civilized response!
You are an inspiration.
Good to see most Nigerians on NL are not animals.
There is hope.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 5:17am On Mar 30, 2012
Yes, China could be a threat to world peace only if they choose to.
We all know from history that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!
China is strategically positioned to stay neutral, or tilt ANY socio-economic scale in ANY direction.
Time will tell.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Mynd44: 5:49am On Mar 30, 2012
America is the biggest threat to world peace

1 Like

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 6:01am On Mar 30, 2012
You must have been smoking too much of CNN and other western propaganda outlets.

1. The USA support Saudi Arabia, saudi does NOT practice democracy and the last time I checked, it has one of the worst human rights and gender descrimination. Do you know that women can't drive in Saudi?

2. All the so-called US allies in middle east are roque dictators and never you hear her calling for election in those country. E.g Qater, Oman, UAE.

3. USA support Pakistan even when Gen. Musharraf was ruling the country, he used to visit white house in full military outfits and have photoshow with President Bush Jnr.

I see China, Russia, Iran and some southern american countries like Venezula, Brazil, as forces balancing the "evil" of US. I may not subscribe to all whats happening in those countries, but hey, no one plays by the rule. So, China is a "disruptive power" to evil US. cool

iNVICTUSobi: The most burning question of our time is, as it stands, is the PRC a force for good in the modern world or is it, simply put, a disruptive power.

1 Like

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by iNVICTUSobi(m): 6:22am On Mar 30, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
You must have been smoking too much of CNN and other western propaganda outlets.

1. The USA support Saudi Arabia, saudi does NOT practice democracy and the last time I checked, it has one of the worst human rights and gender descrimination. Do you know that women can't drive in Saudi?

2. All the so-called US allies in middle east are roque dictators and never you hear her calling for election in those country. E.g Qater, Oman, UAE.

3. USA support Pakistan even when Gen. Musharraf was ruling the country, he used to visit white house in full military outfits and have photoshow with President Bush Jnr.

I see China, Russia, Iran and some southern american countries like Venezula, Brazil, as forces balancing the "evil" of US. I may not subscribe to all whats happening in those countries, but hey, no one plays by the rule. So, China is a "disruptive power" to evil US. cool

I really like the point of view you have taken here. I am not in support of the United States either, just asking a question to see what you guys think. But still on chine, do you not think that by the behaviour of Chinese government domestically, there is a perception that this can be a true picture of their character and can act the same way if they have the position internationally? Again just an argument...I clearly understand your previous point.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by iNVICTUSobi(m): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2012
Mynd_44: America is the biggest threat to world peace

I agree! But China's character has to be questioned too.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by iNVICTUSobi(m): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti: Yes, China could be a threat to world peace only if they choose to.
We all know from history that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!
China is strategically positioned to stay neutral, or tilt ANY socio-economic scale in ANY direction.
Time will tell.

Gbam!
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by iNVICTUSobi(m): 6:24am On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti:

God bless you for your civilized response!
You are an inspiration.
Good to see most Nigerians on NL are not animals.
There is hope.

We are here to learn and I will not even waste my precious time on someone who wants to come on the internet and call names....too cool for that hahahah thanks by the way.

1 Like

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 6:33am On Mar 30, 2012
Please, try and visit China before you spread unnecessary fear. Frankly speaking, it minds it's business while the world sleeps! It is slowly buying up THE WHOLE WORLD.
If you are concerned about it, let YOUR own countries stop sleeping and get to work too.
China is working hard and making a lot of sacrifices.
Survival of the fittest,
He who plays the PIPER dictates the tune of the music. All you can do is DANCE! kiss
The country pretended to be COMMUNIST, shut the WHOLE WORLD out. . .went to work, then opened it's doors. Only for the world to wake up an find a SUPREME CAPITALIST China!!!!

Mu hu hu hu hu hu grin

4-1-9!!!!!

The Not so Great Britain and America became the Communists ONLY TO START BEGGING FOR LOANS!!!!
I lovvvvvvvit!!!!

Meeeeehn!!! That country is a greaaaat one!!!!
I can't wait to visit again! cool

2 Likes

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 6:59am On Mar 30, 2012

A force of evil? No!
Unfair trade practices? No!
How can they be stopped? Never!

You should thank them instead.
What labels do you see in all the designer stores that rip you off?
MADE IN CHINA.
If you wanno beat or stop it, you know what to do.
Learn from it. We now see what they have been doing as the world isolated them.
The level of self-discipline it's culture radiates, is unparalleled at the moment.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by kunlekunle: 7:00am On Mar 30, 2012
its a global cake,
china is taking its share
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by seleroms: 10:01am On Mar 30, 2012
Thanks for your precise and down ti earth response,you took the words out of my mouth. Not until peeps begin to think out of the box and see the west for what they are they will contunue to be slaves to their media propaganda. You want to kill a dog give it a bad name. China is the next in line and america wont let them be but tume will tell
Capt.Barbosa:

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2012
America is not made of STUPID people! kiss
It only aligns itself with the best.
It will do anything to maintain good socio-economic ties with China.
China is not Iraq!
Neither is it Libya!

We are talking SUPER powers with mutual respect and ENVY for each other!
Not African countries with absolutely nothing to offer!
Haba!!!
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by emmysam2: 11:05am On Mar 30, 2012
Granted, China has emerged not only as a fastest growing economy but also as a world super power. But my problem is that China seem to oppose everything America proposes. In her bid to stamp her authority in International affairs, China has strategically allaigned with America's enermies and refrained from America's allies. (North korea and Iranian nuclear issues are instances). Same has been China's stance regarding World issues.
It is disturbing because (in my own opinion) America has to a large extent played a dominant role in maintaining stability in the world. Global Terrorism has been on the front stage of World's politics for past decades. While America has been doing a great deal to ensure Non-Nuclear Proliferation, especially as it gets to the hands of "supposedly" dangerous nations, many opposing country has come to view America's stance as a domineering one, hence they oppose.
Presently, China has emerged as America's strongest opposition. In order words, a strong threat to world peace!
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2012
What is China doing that America hasn't? Atleast, China hasn't invaded any country yet. . .or destroy Iraq, Afghan and Libya. Courtesy of China I'm a proud owner of Nokia N97, Toshiba Laptop, 42" HDD flat screen and many other household electronics, that won't have been possible. Heck everything around me that make my life easy are all made in CHINA cheesy I just bought a blood pressure monitoring device made by China, for my mom for just 5K. She blessed and prayed for me.

As a person, I have never benefitted from US, and so as many other million nigerians, but what about CHINA?

And talking about nuclear issues, why would america be the only one that reserve the rights to patentship? The last time I checked, US is the ONLY country known to have exploded nuclear bomb on innocent civilians!. . .If you are scare of Iran becoming a nuclear power or north korea then I may have to know your feelings about US arming Saudi arabia with missiles capable of hitting Iran and neighbouring countries or 200 nuclear warheads in the basement of Isreal, Pakistan and India

Back to my chinese lesson class. The earlier the better. . . .Viva Beijing.

emmysam2: Granted, China has emerged not only as a fastest growing economy but also as a world super power. But my problem is that China seem to oppose everything America proposes. In her bid to stamp her authority in International affairs, China has strategically allaigned with America's enermies and refrained from America's allies. (North korea and Iranian nuclear issues are instances). Same has been China's stance regarding World issues.
It is disturbing because (in my own opinion) America has to a large extent played a dominant role in maintaining stability in the world. Global Terrorism has been on the front stage of World's politics for past decades. While America has been doing a great deal to ensure Non-Nuclear Proliferation, especially as it gets to the hands of "supposedly" dangerous nations, many opposing country has come to view America's stance as a domineering one, hence they oppose.
Presently, China has emerged as America's strongest opposition. In order words, a strong threat to world peace!

1 Like

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2012
Callotti: Please, try and visit China before you spread unnecessary fear. Frankly speaking, it minds it's business while the world sleeps! It is slowly buying up THE WHOLE WORLD.
If you are concerned about it, let YOUR own countries stop sleeping and get to work too.
China is working hard and making a lot of sacrifices.
Survival of the fittest,
He who plays the PIPER dictates the tune of the music. All you can do is DANCE! kiss
The country pretended to be COMMUNIST, shut the WHOLE WORLD out. . .went to work, then opened it's doors. Only for the world to wake up an find a SUPREME CAPITALIST China!!!!

Mu hu hu hu hu hu grin

4-1-9!!!!!

The Not so Great Britain and America became the Communists ONLY TO START BEGGING FOR LOANS!!!!
I lovvvvvvvit!!!!

Meeeeehn!!! That country is a greaaaat one!!!!
I can't wait to visit again! cool

Jisos!! This is a well though out analysis of the situation. Good work lasinoh smiley

1 Like

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Callotti: 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
pDude:

Jisos!! This is a well though out analysis of the situation. Good work lasinoh smiley

Thanks buddy!
One likey from me. kiss
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 7:18am On Apr 01, 2012
You can now understand why we need China to checkmate the "evil" US. Small small, US is becoming "real" paper tiger.

China has rejected new US sanctions on Iranian oil imports by other countries saying that Washington has no right to enforce unilateral sanction on other nations
according to its domestic law.

"The Chinese side always opposes one country unilaterally imposing sanctions against another according to [its] domestic law. Furthermore it does not accept the unilateral imposition of those sanctions on a third country," China’s Foreign Ministry said in a brief statement on Saturday, Associated Press reported.

On Friday, US President Barack Obama gave the green light for fresh sanctions against foreign banks and other financial institutions by or through which Iran’s oil is purchased. The move would allow the US to take measures against foreign banks that deal with Iranian crude. New sanctions aim to force major importers of Iranian crude, namely China, South Korea, India, Japan and the European Union, to "significantly reduce" oil imports from Iran or face being frozen out of the US financial system.

The White House insists there’s enough oil in the market to fill the gap caused by a reduction in oil exports from Iran. "There is a sufficient supply of petroleum and petroleum products from countries other than Iran to permit a significant reduction in the volume of petroleum and petroleum products purchased from Iran by or through foreign financial institutions," Obama said. Despite US assurances, there are concerns about disruptions in oil supply.

The sanctions have already led to a surge in global oil prices. Rising gasoline prices have become a major issue in the US presidential election campaign. China is one of the biggest importers of Iranian oil, and has so far withstood US pressure to cut oil imports from Iran
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 9:49am On Apr 04, 2012
Capt Barbosa

What is China doing that America hasn't? Atleast, China hasn't invaded any country yet. . .or destroy Iraq, Afghan and Libya. Courtesy of China I'm a proud owner of [b]Nokia N97, Toshiba Laptop, 42" HDD flat scree[/b]n and many other household electronics, that won't have been possible. Heck everything around me that make my life easy are all made in CHINA I just bought a blood pressure monitoring device made by China, for my mom for just 5K. She blessed and prayed for me.
[color=#006600][/color]

With respect I don't usual respond to these type of topics because they are usually so ill-informed, that there is no starting point. If you do your in-depth research on both countries and not just relying on a few press statements from CNN or Al-jazerra, but actually study history - start with the Chinese Cultural revolution, American Civil Rights movement, Rape of Nanking, WW11 in the pacific and you will have a different opinion of both countries and not flattering to either country.

But I am actually responding to your quotes enbolded above; how wrong can you be? Nokia is a Finnish company, Toshiba a Japanese company, most of the quality products that are made in China are actually owned, designed and financed by American, European and Japanese companies. They are produced in China initially because of cheaper labor costs. Can you name any world reknown Chinese company with th exception of Lenovo, ZTE and Huawei. As of 1999 there were over 500,000 American companies in China, yes half a million US companies in China. That's why the two economies are so intertwined.

China is the workshop of the world, that's why there are no manufacturing jobs in Nigeria or Africa again.

But see this figure, for every Apple iPod that retails for $300, $70 goes to Apple for Design and Patent, $20 goes to the factory in China that makes the iPod and the balance $210 is for distribution, advertising and other retailing costs. The biggest earner here is Apple the US company, not Foxconn the Chinese company.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2012
Dude, stop trying to twist a well established fact based on available figures. Whether you lay spin or not, China is the ONLY factor that make things cheap in africa and by extension nigeria. Without China, there is now way I would have bought that instrument for my mom. so, say whatever you want, it wont change that. Many thanks to China!

Secondly, who cares about the origins of the companies used in completing the products? What about tens of millions of Chinese in US providing services to the tech industries? All I know is that, my appliances bares MADE IN CHINA written very boldly and they are very cheap. cool

By the way, don't you think the bolded proved my point on why things are coming to africa at a very affordable prices and that China is more beneficial to africa than US? The only made in US I can lay my hands on, is a machine gun.

With respect I don't usual respond to these type of topics because they are usually so ill-informed, that there is no starting point. If you do your in-depth research on both countries and not just relying on a few press statements from CNN or Al-jazerra, but actually study history - start with the Chinese Cultural revolution, American Civil Rights movement, Rape of Nanking, WW11 in the pacific and you will have a different opinion of both countries and not flattering to either country.

But I am actually responding to your quotes enbolded above; how wrong can you be? Nokia is a Finnish company, Toshiba a Japanese company, most of the quality products that are made in China are actually owned, designed and financed by American, European and Japanese companies. They are produced in China initially because of cheaper labor costs. Can you name any world reknown Chinese company with th exception of Lenovo, ZTE and Huawei. As of 1999 there were over 500,000 American companies in China, yes half a million US companies in China. That's why the two economies are so intertwined.

China is the workshop of the world, that's why there are no manufacturing jobs in Nigeria or Africa again.

But see this figure, for every Apple iPod that retails for $300, $70 goes to Apple for Design and Patent, $20 goes to the factory in China that makes the iPod and the balance $210 is for distribution, advertising and other retailing costs. The biggest earner here is Apple the US company, not Foxconn the Chinese company.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by igbo2011(m): 2:57am On Apr 05, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
Dude, stop trying twist a well established fact based on available figures. Whether you lay spin or not, China is the ONLY factor that make things cheap in africa and by extension nigeria. Without China, there is now way I would have bought that instrument for my mom. so say whatever you want, it wont change that. Many thanks to China!

Secondly, who cares about the origin of te companies used in completing the products? What about tens of millions of Chinese in US providing services to the tech industries? All I know is that, my appliances bares MADE IN CHINA written very boldly and they are very cheap. cool

By the way, don't you think the bolded proved my point on why things are coming to africa at a very affordable prices and that China is more beneficial to africa than US? The only made in US I can lay my hands on, is a machine gun.
LMAO good one.

But China is a country that funds wars in Africa too. They aren't as aggressive as the west but they can be in the future. When they become number one, what will they do? Will they try and be like America and control the entire world?

But China has done more good for Africa than America. China isn't perfect like they import workers, atleast America hires locals.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 8:09am On Apr 05, 2012
The most widespread machine gun in Africa is the AK47, Russiam in origin but mass produced by China and east europe. The AK47 kills more people in Africa than any other weapon.

China doesn't care who buys these guns.

Keep looking to China as your saviour - then ask where BH AK47's and bombs come from. Cheap goods, cheap weapons
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2012
Don't you you think we should atleast stop at what we know and leave out speculations? I mean, speculating about what China is capable of becoming in the future is irrelevant here. The truth is that, US is of no good to me or any member of my family, atleast my mom can testify to that.

igbo2011:
LMAO good one.

But China is a country that funds wars in Africa too. They aren't as aggressive as the west but they can be in the future. When they become number one, what will they do? Will they try and be like America and control the entire world?

But China has done more good for Africa than America. China isn't perfect like they import workers, atleast America hires locals.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 8:51am On Apr 05, 2012
Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Libya,Somalia and several covert CIA sponsored proxy wars . . .so, what are talking about?

faithin9ja: The most widespread machine gun in Africa is the AK47, Russiam in origin but mass produced by China and east europe. The AK47 kills more people in Africa than any other weapon.

China doesn't care who buys these guns.

Keep looking to China as your saviour - then ask where BH AK47's and bombs come from. Cheap goods, cheap weapons

Talking about BH or terrorism. . .It is well known globally, that US is the biggest sponsors of terror! Mujaheedun, drug running gangs/cartels and what not direct invasion of harmless countries.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Nebeuwa(m): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2012
Where is all this anti-U.S. sentiment coming from? We are living in a Pax Americana, in which no armed conflict has emerged among major nations themselves, and no nuclear weapons have been used in open conflict. There is relative peace in the world, a d the main reason is that the United States is the sole hegemon. I do not welcome the rising power of China, because it will disturb the peace that the United States has created.

Those of you who are bashing America, would not say these things if you experienced living in the United States and was given the opportunity to get a quality education in this country. Now try to go to China and see if you would have the same freedom that those of us who live in the United States had. I am not saying that the United States is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it is one of the greatest nations to follow your dreams. That is why thousands of people from across the world continue to flock to the United States including the Chinese. It is a beacon of light in the midst of darkness.

God bless America, my home sweet home.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2012
Spoken like a true american-t!. Lemme burst your little bubble, we in AFRICA in general and nigeria in particular, prefer China(atleast I can speak for myself and my immediate family). Gone are the days where you toss peanuts as financial "aids" to us. Not holding brief for China either, but putting US and China side by side, I would go for China a zellion times.

The day you point to me any development in nigeria associated with US, that day I will have a rethink. . .. .right from my electronics, mobile devices, home appliances, spare parts, cars and any other thing around me is MADE BY CHINA!. I can perfectly deduced that you are the type that wished we shouldn't afford Ipad, Iphone, flat screen and PS3? Level don change ooo. I be 10 over 10 chikenan!

P.S
My mom says her blood pressure and pulse rate is normal, courtesy of the made by china instrument I bought for her. Lol. cool

Nebeuwa: Where is all this anti-U.S. sentiment coming from? We are living in a Pax Americana, in which no armed conflict has emerged among major nations themselves, and no nuclear weapons have been used in open conflict. There is relative peace in the world, a d the main reason is that the United States is the sole hegemon. I do not welcome the rising power of China, because it will disturb the peace that the United States has created.

Those of you who are bashing America, would not say these things if you experienced living in the United States and was given the opportunity to get a quality education in this country. Now try to go to China and see if you would have the same freedom that those of us who live in the United States had. I am not saying that the United States is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it is one of the greatest nations to follow your dreams. That is why thousands of people from across the world continue to flock to the United States including the Chinese. It is a beacon of light in the midst of darkness.

God bless America, my home sweet home.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by faithin9ja: 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2012
Capt Barbosa

Your ignorance no get pair oh! the level of development all over the world that has been brought about from US and Europe doesn't need a debate. All the things you list were taken by Europe, US and Japan to China to exploit cheap labour, to make cheap goods to export all over the world. To a large extent China relies on US and Europe to buy her products. You and the rest of Africa is a tiny market to China. One of the biggest manufacturing companies in China, Foxconn, which is probably covers the entire land area Lagos Mainland - has it major clients as Nokia, Apple, Dell, etc who design products for the Chinese to make.

Sorry to say in your limited knowledge of the cheap Chinco goods - you think Chinese are saints. Check out the wars between China and Vietnam, China and Soviet Union (these are fellow Socialist countries), then there is China and India, China and Cambodia. What of Tibet? You haven't talked about The Cultural revolution in China, over 20 million dead.

Without the USA you would probably either speaking German now or not in existence at all if Germany had won the second world war.

USA is no saint, think Zaire, Vietnam, Nicaragua, countless others.

My point is you view this China/ US in a too simplistic manner

My personal test is two fold;
which country protects the interests of it's own citizens better?
which country would you rather live.......China or US?

Find out who invented the blood pressure machine you bought for your Mum.

1 Like

Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by Nebeuwa(m): 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
Spoken like a true american-t!. Lemme burst your little bubble, we in AFRICA in general and nigeria in particular, prefer China(atleast I can speak for myself and my immediate family). Gone are the days where you toss peanuts as financial "aids" to us. Not holding brief for China either, but putting US and China side by side, I would go for China a zellion times.

The day you point to me any development in nigeria associated with US, that day I will have a rethink. . .. .right from my electronics, mobile devices, home appliances, spare parts, cars and any other thing around me is MADE BY CHINA!. I can perfectly deduced that you are the type that wished we shouldn't afford Ipad, Iphone, flat screen and PS3? Level don change ooo. I be 10 over 10 chikenan!

P.S
My mom says her blood pressure and pulse rate is normal, courtesy of the made by china instrument I bought for her. Lol. cool

Speak for yourself my friend. There are plenty of Africans who prefer the United States to China. You do not see thousands of Africans traveling to China everyday. However, you do find thousands of Africans trying to come to the United States.

The United States has done a lot of good for the world. Most of the technology that you are using was created by an American. I think the United States is often underrated in its technological achievement. The internet that you use each day, the computer that you are using which was produced by American technology, the cars you see throughout Africa etc. This was all created by American ingenuity. Even many of the vaccines that you have, are due to the fact that American researchers spent many years trying to alleviate the world's suffering.

And the technology that you mentioned such as the iPad, iPhone, flat screen TVs, were created by an American mind. Just because China makes these products, do not mean they invented it. It simply means that the United States is using that country to provide cheap goods for its citizens. And U.S. companies still win in the end, because these Chinese manufacturers need these American companies to provide jobs for them.

Sorry but nothing can take away from the achievements of the United States and the good things that this country has done for the world. It still remains a beacon of hope for millions of immigrants.
Re: Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? by CaptBarbosa: 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
You guys must deluded to the boot. What crap are you spewing?. . .are we talking about inventions or by products? Who cares about who invented what?
For a start, no country can lay monopoly of inventions and going by your logic, credit should then be given to africa, since thats the credle of civilization.

By the way, Why are you bringing europe and japan to this discuss? are you now trying to shift the goal post in the middle of the game by including europe and japan in the map of US? Stick to US and tell me what good has US brought to africa and nigeria in general.

Secondly, in your hurry to make a blind point, you went ahead to create the impression that China needs US for her market and survival. Brilliant folks wil see it the other way round, i.e US needs China to survive. 14 trillion dollars in debt by US is a clear indication of who needs who. Rip off you laptop and tell me whether it bares no made in china inscribed on it.

Having said that, I could count hundred of things around me that is making my life very smooth and easy that are made by china and so as, many other africans. . .and what do I have to remind me of US? Bombing of Iraq, Libya? Zilch!!. Heck! My mom would have punch your face if you dare tell her otherwise. Lol

You can start by telling uncle sam to stop borrowing! 14 trillion dollars no be small debt ooooo.

faithin9ja: Capt Barbosa

Your ignorance no get pair oh! the level of development all over the world that has been brought about from US and Europe doesn't need a debate. All the things you list were taken by Europe, US and Japan to China to exploit cheap labour, to make cheap goods to export all over the world. To a large extent China relies on US and Europe to buy her products. You and the rest of Africa is a tiny market to China. One of the biggest manufacturing companies in China, Foxconn, which is probably covers the entire land area Lagos Mainland - has it major clients as Nokia, Apple, Dell, etc who design products for the Chinese to make.

Sorry to say in your limited knowledge of the cheap Chinco goods - you think Chinese are saints. Check out the wars between China and Vietnam, China and Soviet Union (these are fellow Socialist countries), then there is China and India, China and Cambodia. What of Tibet? You haven't talked about The Cultural revolution in China, over 20 million dead.

Without the USA you would probably either speaking German now or not in existence at all if Germany had won the second world war.

USA is no saint, think Zaire, Vietnam, Nicaragua, countless others.

My point is you view this China/ US in a too simplistic manner

My personal test is two fold;
which country protects the interests of it's own citizens better?
which country would you rather live.......China or US?

Find out who invented the blood pressure machine you bought for your Mum.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(PHOTO) 3 Men Deported From Saudi Arabia For Being “too Attractive” For Women / Nigeria Vote Against Usa In Favor Of Palestine Risking Help Aides From USA / Top 10 Most Dangerous Special-forces Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.