Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,589 members, 7,801,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V (5649 Views)

TOKUNBO 2005 Honda CR-V 4WD EX...N1.8m / Clean Tokunbo 2000 Model Honda Cr-v 4x4 Lx: Price: N1.4m Naira Only / SOLD! SOLD!!2000 / 2001 HONDA CR-V EX TOKUNBOH NEWLY ARRIVAL @ cheap price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 12:45pm On May 02, 2012
Lexusgs430: This is like a tv series wrecks to riches, but they inform us how much they paid for the unit + all associated cost and eventually, how much the unit sells for.
Would you ever divulge the cost of this unit to this forum? Or have you and calculus x swore to secrecy?
Don't plead the 5th!!!!

Lexusgs430:

But a guide or range, would be helpful.
We know that no two auction trades can be the same, it is dependent on many variables.

Initially i didn't know whether to assume this as an attack or a request.
Whichever it is, i won't fight cos i know that some things are what we make them to be and not what they really are.
Most people have assumed it to be that used car dealers over price their cars etc. But no one has asked us the gestation period for an import
How we pay for the cost of capital? How we pay govt taxes and union fees, rents and levies and that we have to eat and live a normal life like all business people.
People import wears and sell at nearly 300 percent the cost. People sell spare parts at exorbitant rates, popular, big name dealers sell cars with profits of close to N2m or more. yet we the used car dealers are always singled out. But whichever, we will carry our cross. grin shocked cool

I will only reveal the cost of this unit on two grounds; that Lexusgs430 pledges to stop accusing used car dealers on Nairaland
of over pricing car tongue :Ps. . . . . . . . and secondly if my threads makes the Nairaland home page. grin grin shocked shocked

Meanwhile, some out of the oven pics

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Lexusgs430: 12:55pm On May 02, 2012
Emperoh:

Whichever it is, i won't fight cos i know that some things are what we make them to be and not what they really are.
Most people have assumed it to be that used car dealers over price their cars etc. But no one has asked us the gestation period for an import
How we pay for the cost of capital? How we pay govt taxes and union fees, rents and levies and that we have to eat and live a normal life like all business people.
People import wears and sell at nearly 300 percent the cost. People sell spare parts at exorbitant rates, popular, big name dealers sell cars with profits of close to N2m or more. yet we the used car dealers are always singled out. But whichever, we will carry our cross. grin shocked cool

I will only reveal the cost of this unit on two grounds; that Lexusgs430 pledges to stop accusing used car dealers on Nairaland
of over pricing car tongue :Ps. . . . . . . . and secondly if my threads makes the Nairaland home page. grin grin shocked shocked

In the contrary, I have never knowingly accused car dealers of over - pricing cars for sale.
And my interaction about your latest recruit,was only my way of stating that buying insurance written - off vehicles, is not always bad news if the repairs are carried out properly.
I must commend you on the before and after pictures of this recruit. Is she for sale or personal use ?
I also think this your recruit deserves to be on the front page, you have opened the eyes of many, that the dead, can still be resurrected !!!! (probably @ the fraction of the price )
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 1:20pm On May 02, 2012
Baba Emperor, Keep doing your great work and i am still learning . . . .
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by adexfem(m): 2:04pm On May 02, 2012
Emperoh:

Nice one chief, you have done a great job.

Cheers. cool
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 2:05pm On May 02, 2012
Lexusgs430:

In the contrary, I have never knowingly accused car dealers of over - pricing cars for sale.
And my interaction about your latest recruit,was only my way of stating that buying insurance written - off vehicles, is not always bad news if the repairs are carried out properly.
I must commend you on the before and after pictures of this recruit. Is she for sale or personal use ?
I also think this your recruit deserves to be on the front page, you have opened the eyes of many, that the dead, can still be resurrected !!!! (probably @ the fraction of the price )

My brother, it is well.
The accusations we have suffered on this site makes me wonder what we may have done.
No two auto buying circumstances are the same. But we can only quote based on what we know is the range.
Nonetheless, i will as well as a good number of other dealers here, do our best to get the best car at an affordable rate.

Yes this unit is for family use. It is not for sale.
I am sending it down to the east. That is the reason why i revealed the cost of fixing here.
That also validates one of my beliefs; i can't sell to another person what i can't drive.
It also lends credence to a proverb in Igbo land which opines that u don't sell a crippled chicken at home.
I guess u understand what i am driving at.

Meanwhile, more sneak peaks out of the oven wink wink

Fhemmmy: Baba Emperor, Keep doing your great work and i am still learning . . . .

My main oga, still waiting for our first deal!
Meanwhile, i am looking for a 1998 range E150 or 250 Passenger Bus. Chevrolet Express 1500 or 2500 will go. NO E350 or 3500 pls!!!!
With ac and sound condition. What can u offer. This is an URGENT request!
Cash is down

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 2:31pm On May 02, 2012
^^^ See how the machine sparkles . . .
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 3:53pm On May 02, 2012
Fhemmmy: ^^^ See how the machine sparkles . . .

Check out that ma request.
If u can do it, we will hit asap
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 4:09pm On May 02, 2012
Emperoh:

Check out that ma request.
If u can do it, we will hit asap

Na You now . . . You just like to dey make me talk and no action, But you are still my Chief . . . .
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 4:14pm On May 02, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Na You now . . . You just like to dey make me talk and no action, But you are still my Chief . . . .

lol. . . .man pickin dey find am where e good pass.
If u give me a sweet deal, i will grab it with u alongside grin grin
Abeg try
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by cecegorz(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2012
Emperoh Okenwa!
Am loving this your DIY move. Having a 2008 CRV on my radar too, I had to read through the lines to be up to speed.

If i may ask, is there any reason why you didn't do the fixing in the US? Reason is that the way our local panel beaters hammer away at auto body here sometimes makes me feel for the metals grin
And they have a penchant for losing original screws and bolts that were there before you drop the ride with them.(i had a recent painful case where they worked on my fuel guage, the cover that had 8 screws were reduced to 6 by the time they were done, and they were like, 'it's no issue')
I also feel there may be some intricate features they may just cut out and throw away(simply because they don't understand the purpose), and they'll just tell you that it does not change anything (just like their penchant for removing engine thermostat and replacing a single cell radiator with a double cell).
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On May 02, 2012
Emperoh:

lol. . . .man pickin dey find am where e good pass.
If u give me a sweet deal, i will grab it with u alongside grin grin
Abeg try

With only 1.59M Naira . . . The posted 2000 Chevrolet Express 1500 LS Wagon

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 4:51pm On May 02, 2012
Moreeeeeeeee

Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 2:50pm On May 03, 2012
Fhemmy, dis isn't what client wants.
We are looking for something for school bus.
This Is all luxury. Also budget is on a high sidem I am looking for something to close at N1m that's why I said 97 model is d least I can do.

Pipe me something within dis budget and I hit u cash tomorrow.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On May 03, 2012
Emperoh: Fhemmy, dis isn't what client wants.
We are looking for something for school bus.
This Is all luxury. Also budget is on a high sidem I am looking for something to close at N1m that's why I said 97 model is d least I can do.

Pipe me something within dis budget and I hit u cash tomorrow.

Afford the students some luxury too now, that will make their brain kool and ready to learn
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 3:53pm On May 03, 2012
cecegorz: Emperoh Okenwa!
Am loving this your DIY move. Having a 2008 CRV on my radar too, I had to read through the lines to be up to speed.

If i may ask, is there any reason why you didn't do the fixing in the US? Reason is that the way our local panel beaters hammer away at auto body here sometimes makes me feel for the metals grin
And they have a penchant for losing original screws and bolts that were there before you drop the ride with them.(i had a recent painful case where they worked on my fuel guage, the cover that had 8 screws were reduced to 6 by the time they were done, and they were like, 'it's no issue')
I also feel there may be some intricate features they may just cut out and throw away(simply because they don't understand the purpose), and they'll just tell you that it does not change anything (just like their penchant for removing engine thermostat and replacing a single cell radiator with a double cell).

Cecegorz,
Daalu rinne! Thanks for checking us out. I am respondima phone so lemme apologize before hand for any unseen errors. I will try to answer ur questions as much as possible.

Question 1: the answer is simple. Cost. If I had fixed this car in US, it woulda been better to just go but a non accidented unit cos d price gap woulda been like 70k or so. Painting this unit alone will cost me close to $1k. Those in Yankee correct me if I am wrong. Cos I wpainted d whole body except the roof. That's about the amont I spend on replacement parts with about $250 change. U then factor in d labor, time it will consume and the anxiety. I will avoid fixing in us if I can. I do rather buy clean title. But again, it is not all cars that are gonna be expensive to fix. So just do ur arithmetic before U decide. The best way is to but something with bad parts not accidents that affect chassis.

Question 2: I hate panel beating cars. The wear down start from there. The metals are not strong. Here's my trick. I don't do pre-purchase assessment based on level of crash but on what part is damaged. Front bumper, head/tail lamps, doors, hood, trunck lid etcs. These can easily be changed. I tell u what, d only panel that went into this unit was at d back to bring some depressions and it didn't take up to 10 mins. So if buying accidented cars, just buy ones with damaged parts. Don't touch frame or chassis damage. Avoid side collisions unless u are sure it didn't touch d door frame/pillar. Also rear impact unless u are sure it didn't compress d storage well/booth. For this unit, I bought hood even when the one on it could be stretched
Without much hitting, but I no want take chance. Same as bumpers, fan radiator condenser etc. That's ma trick.

As for mechanics, pls, and pls monitor them. Those guys don't know much beyond what they learnt in their tutelage. But they can be creative, my panel beater is one. D knowledge we get reading online about cars is not known to them, d radiator thing happened to me. I lost the one bought from yankee and they asked me to buy double cell. I asked them why? And he siad, 'make ur engine no too hot'. I had to let him know that engine has a certai n level of hotness it must attain to perform well and that d unit came with single cell and car wasn't over heating. Why make it two? For my screws, I haven't taken note of that. But I am spending close to 3k to make sure all screws, nuts and pins are in place.

Lemme stop here till get on a laptop.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 4:06pm On May 03, 2012
^^^ Preach on Brother, You have done well
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 4:40pm On May 03, 2012
My Advice to you on the Bus would be to get a Cargo Van and then, build the seats in Nigeria as you like it . . . The Cargo are cheaper too.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 8:38pm On May 03, 2012
Fhemmo,
That's a tough one!
But if it will come into the budget, I mean d seat fixing, then no wahala. But how will u install glass?
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 11:07pm On May 03, 2012
Emperoh: Fhemmo,
That's a tough one!
But if it will come into the budget, I mean d seat fixing, then no wahala. But how will u install glass?

Chief, do you know how much 1M Naira is in $$?
Do the math now, haba . . . . 1M Naira - Clearing cost (Assuming 220K Naira) = 880K Naira = 5465$$ . . . You know the cost of shipping and Transportation and BOL to Nigeria . . . so for a reliable ride, how much do you think will buy it?
You are a dealer and yet you want to cut the throat of another dealer? E no good oh.
Anyhow, when i see anything close to what you looking for even in Canada, i will halla @ YOU
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by cecegorz(m): 11:48pm On May 03, 2012
Alright bro.
You are doing well. Saving more cash is your drive and you got it spot on.
Looking at the pix, your guys sure did a good job. Nobody could guess the original state unless you show them old pix.
Shine on.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 11:53pm On May 03, 2012
cecegorz: Alright bro.
You are doing well. Saving more cash is your drive and you got it spot on.
Looking at the pix, your guys sure did a good job. Nobody could guess the original state unless you show them old pix.
Shine on.

Very True and Scary too.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by cecegorz(m): 9:59am On May 04, 2012
^^^
Lol. @Phemmy at the scary part. It could really be scary when you watch these guys work!

From what Emperoh said that the capital gains on the car is 70k from buying a non-dented option, I don't think I will mind if I am the one. I wouldn't even mind 200k!
These local mechanics/rewires/Pbeaters are really not what I can entrust serious job with. I always pray to avoid encounters with them.
But Emperor seems to have the magic wand, and of course, the time to engage them to deliver.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 1:41pm On May 04, 2012
Cece

I can understand your fears. Thats mainly the reason why people appraoch you and price a car at the cost of
what people fix and display. But it's all good, whatever one is comfortable with. But i advice people never to compare apples and oranges.
If u don't know about cars, there is no way you will know this.
I first of all try to educate my clients and even advise them going forward. So that even if they don't buy from me, they can have the knowledge and wherewithal to negotiate something for them,selves.

For the price thing, i didn't say the difference is 70k.
What i said is that if i had fixed this car in America, the price difference compared to a non accidented unit will be just like 70k
For this one i fixed in Nigeria, i save almost 400k grin grin

Will post the final pics this nite or over the weekend
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 2:33pm On May 04, 2012
cecegorz: ^^^
Lol. @Phemmy at the scary part. It could really be scary when you watch these guys work!

From what Emperoh said that the capital gains on the car is 70k from buying a non-dented option, I don't think I will mind if I am the one. I wouldn't even mind 200k!
These local mechanics/rewires/Pbeaters are really not what I can entrust serious job with. I always pray to avoid encounters with them.
But Emperor seems to have the magic wand, and of course, the time to engage them to deliver.

Never really dealt with them before, but i heard they are extremely good.
What they do in the USA and Canada is replace and fix, but Nigerians will even fix a bad part, i really respect them . . .
I just stay away from rides to be fixed in Nigeria cos i am not there and have no time to be calliing Nigeria on a daily basis to get updates and once they know you are not there, they calculate their workmanship in $$ . . . .
But i think they are really good. . . . Emperor has shown that.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 5:23pm On May 04, 2012
Fhemmy, if u don't mindn if u wanna fix anything in Nigeria, let me know.
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On May 04, 2012
Emperoh: Fhemmy, if u don't mindn if u wanna fix anything in Nigeria, let me know.

Chief, tying money down in Nigeria is always my fear, i like to invest and get my money back as soon as the machine reach Nigeria.
I think it is easier for someone that is on ground in Nigeria . . .
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 8:59pm On May 04, 2012
Not a good rerason not to cash in on any opportunity that comes from that end.

Try it out!
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by cecegorz(m): 9:56pm On May 04, 2012
Emperoh: Cece

For the price thing, i didn't say the difference is 70k.
What i said is that if i had fixed this car in America, the price difference compared to a non accidented unit will be just like 70k
For this one i fixed in Nigeria, i save almost 400k grin grin
Will post the final pics this nite or over the weekend
That's some cool pepper bro.
You sure know your onions.
May be if you can really vouch for those your guys, I can give them a job later in the year, provided they'll deliver as smooth as I'll demand.
How much do they take for that oven baked painting for the full body?
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by calculusx(m): 9:58pm On May 04, 2012
Chief, tying money down in Nigeria is always my fear, i like to invest and get my money back as soon as the machine reach Nigeria.
I think it is easier for someone that is on ground in Nigeria . . .

Cash at hand ASAP grin grin
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Fhemmmy: 11:44pm On May 04, 2012
Emperoh: Not a good rerason not to cash in on any opportunity that comes from that end.

Try it out!

Well, we could talk and see how to make something happen
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 11:08am On May 05, 2012
Cecegorz

No wahala! I can always work things out for u.
The full body baking shouldn't cost more than 90k
But we get a clearer picturen they can then quote
Re: Entry Level. . . .Emperoh Has Recruited One; 2007 Honda CR-V by Emperoh(m): 9:09pm On May 07, 2012
OK GUYS,

The journey has been long and arduous but we kept faith and continued updating.
I am about to post the final pictures and what we were able to achieve. This is not to say that this is the best
that is available in the market in terms of getting a car, but given a slim budget, this is what i was able to come up with.

I had a slim budget of 2.6m and i make bold to say i was able to meet it.
This was for a car with a market price of between N2.8 and N3.0m.

I will entertain questions and requests.

Thanks for keeping faith and following us religiously
We will be setting up more threads on other accidented cars for sale and hope to get clients
from our fans cool shocked

Thanks to u guys and one love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toks But Looks New Highlander 4WD fulloption 08 08061311315 08028612026 / Neat 05 Toyota Matrix Reg Alloy For Jst 950k Askin See Pix... / SOLD SOLD SOLD.2012 Model Volkswagen Golf Forsale Very Clean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.