Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

“How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] (26509 Views)

Sade Okoya Dazzles For Hello! Nigeria Magazine(photos) / This Guy Makes Millions Polishing Shoes! / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

“How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by shakomende: 11:43pm On Mar 30, 2012
YES International Magazine recently interviewed popular Nigerian blogger, Linda Ikeji on her blog. In the interview titled “How I Make Millions from Blogging” Linda Ikeji talks about her passion for blogging, what she thinks has enabled her blog become popular and much more. Check out excerpts below.

When you started your blogging business, what goal did you set for yourself?
I didn’t set any goal. I just started the blog out of my passion for it. I made it my hobby. You know, while growing up, I wanted to be a journalist, but I wasn’t successful. I see blogging as a close substitute for journalism, which was my dream job. I just love meeting people, reading their stories, interviews and the rest. I never knew that four years later people will begging to pay for what I enjoy doing. I never thought that I will be making millions from blogging, but I thank God that what I enjoy doing is now making millions for me.

What should someone do to be a successful blogger?
You have to love blogging. You can’t say I want to blog because I want to make money. It takes a stepping stone to get there. There are over a thousand blogs like I said, but what will make people enjoy visiting your blog depends on the efforts you put into it. So, be passionate about it, be consistent, don’t blog once or twice in a week, blog everyday if you can, enjoy it, and love it. Don’t be anonymous when it comes to blogging. People find it easy to relate more to people they know. For example, if you are Amebo.com, people do not know who is behind it, so their response will not be felt. If you use your name, it commands credibility and acceptance. Like I use my name, I use my pictures, I talk about my intimate secrets at times and it has really helped me to a very large extent. People wish to have my numbers, BB pin and everyone wants to be my friend. So, find what you can do easily and you enjoy doing. That was what I did for the first four years that I started the blog before I began to make money.

Tell us your success secret…
It’s God. You see, when God is ready for you, it is your turn. I have hustled for many years now, I don’t hustle any more. I have worked very, very hard and remain persistent in what I do. From being a model until I found my way into blogging. It has been the combination of God’s favour and hard work.

What is your current hit per day?
I am number 26 in Nigeria as a whole. Others are The Sun, Vanguard, The Punch, GTBank, UBA and so on. I’m actually the first in entertainment in Nigeria. I’m like number 8,000 in the world and that is a very big achievement. I used to have about 50,000 hits per day! Just because I do it all alone. So, when I get people who are ready to work with me, I’m sure it’s going to get to 100,000.

For many youths who wish to be like Linda Ikeji, what do you think they should do?
First and foremost, they have to find what they are good at, their talent; work hard on your talent, be patient, because for you to succeed in life, you need patience which a lot of people don’t have. They want quick money and success, but lasting success does take time. They also have to be very prayerful.

http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/03/30/how-linda-ikeji-makes-millions-blogging-yes-magazine-interview/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by ZUBY77(m): 5:21am On Mar 31, 2012
And we are supposed to ?
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by IRAPADA(m): 8:22am On Mar 31, 2012
ZUBY77: And we are supposed to ?
start crying or faint
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by ben4ever(m): 8:30am On Mar 31, 2012
Indeed, follow ur passion and it will take you to places. these are the kind of nigeria women i respect and glad to know!

7 Likes

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by question(m): 8:42am On Mar 31, 2012
Its fun but sometimes her blogging steps on toes. She has to be careful to avoid any kind of litigation.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by semid4lyfe(m): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2012
What I deduce from her replies is she's immature and awfully proud

2 Likes

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by dipo1: 8:51am On Mar 31, 2012
^^
There's always a level of risk involved in any successful endeavor

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by AjanleKoko: 8:56am On Mar 31, 2012
semid4lyfe: What I deduce from her replies is she's immature and awfully proud

Hawu . . . you just had to toss in a typically Nigerian response?

Anyways . . . since her blog is very popular, she'll prolly be making a lot of money on feature stories and endorsements, not necessarily from Google. Though she should get a tidy income from that as well. Banner ads are expensive.

4 Likes

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 31, 2012
Hmmm... m off
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by ogbongzky(m): 8:57am On Mar 31, 2012
wow!. She said it all. I wish many newbie Bloggers will learn alot from this. If you start blogging because of money, you will get pissed off asap because the money will not come at the time you are expecting it. Blogging is not a "get rich quick" thing.

Though my blog not yet popular as hers but glad to be making averagely $1000 per month.

Want to start blogging? I can help you FREE. Just connect with me.

10 Likes

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by graciella(f): 8:59am On Mar 31, 2012
And she neva buy domain name of 2k? Abeg see blogs - ogbongeblog.com, hotgistnaija..com, nzewine..com who dash am numba one 4 entatainment?

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by clemmonce(m): 9:00am On Mar 31, 2012
ZUBY77: And we are supposed to ?
look at wat u said see if u dont appreciate success u can neva be successful. so change and be fast about it

2 Likes

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 31, 2012
I respect her hustle no doubt. Always good to see a young lady making it through her hard work, talent and luck, and not amplifying her legitimate earnings with handouts from sugar daddies. With the huge traffic she draws to her blog daily, there's no doubt that she earns enough to be comfortable and self-sufficient without recourse to rich politicians and militants. I also admire her candour in admitting she had hustled long and hard before the breakthrough. "When God is ready for you, it is your turn". . .I can relate to that.

Thumbs up to her. She certainly deserves my respect much more than those Nollywood part-time call-girls.

7 Likes

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by linkin8k(m): 9:32am On Mar 31, 2012
Passion is important
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Booty4me: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2012
Waw. Happy for her, dat means seun will be making billions lol

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 31, 2012
Booty4me: Waw. Happy for her, dat means seun will be making billions lol

As funny as it may seem, Linda may be making or may be capable of making more money from her blog than Seun is making from Nairaland. For one, her blog is more popular (or infamous if you prefer) than Nairaland. Secondly, Linda makes the most of her celebrity power to attract attention of those that matter to her blog. Seun is mostly an obcure nerd holed up in one remote bunker in Ota. He would be much richer if he evolved into a celebrity by actively getting more media mentions and making more appearances in the conventional media.

5 Likes

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by mbulela: 10:00am On Mar 31, 2012
pro01:

As funny as it may seem, Linda may be making or may be capable of making more money from her blog than Seun is making from Nairaland. For one, her blog is more popular (or infamous if you prefer) than Nairaland. Secondly, Linda makes the most of her celebrity power to attract attention of those that matter to her blog. Seun is mostly an obcure nerd holed up in one remote bunker in Ota. He would be much richer if he evolved into a celebrity by actively getting more media mentions and making more appearances in the conventional media.
have you considered the fact that it might just be the way he wants it?
To each man his own.

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Olaone1: 10:08am On Mar 31, 2012
pro01:

Seun is mostly an obcure nerd holed up in one remote bunker in Ota.

ROTFLMAO

An obscure nerd. . . check

Who lives in an opaque bunker. . .check.

In a remote town called Ota. . .check

Close to a certain crude pig farmer. . .check

Oh boy, you badt gan oo smiley

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2012
seun for ur info, u need to upgrade oh. see dis small babe wan beat u to d game u started in 9ja oh....hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by nwanioma(f): 10:27am On Mar 31, 2012
graciella: And she neva buy domain name of 2k?
I wonder why oh?

People love sensational gist that's why linda is doing so well!

Kudos to her, she has found what she loves doing and is making loads of cash from it, what could be better!
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by RuuDie(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2012
The title is rather. . . .a bit too much I have to say!
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by semid4lyfe(m): 11:10am On Mar 31, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Hawu . . . you just had to toss in a typically Nigerian response?

Shebi na Naijeriyan I be lol tongue
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by ifeci: 11:51am On Mar 31, 2012
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging

Bi-annually, annually, semi-annually, monthly,semi-monthly, bi-monthly or what?
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2012
pro01:

You bad ooooo.

However we can't blame him,maybe that's the way he wants to be.

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by emisun(m): 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2012
which blog dey popular pass nairaland?u must be joking...today na the second time in my life i dey read about that blog...the tin no even popular reach naijapals
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Kaysalas(m): 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2012
ogbongzky, ds is my email;kaysalas@yahoo.com, pls i'm interested, care to help out

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by amasha(f): 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2012
Interesting!!!

You can get some Inspiration from this write up too: 6 Tips needed to build a Linda Ikeji Business Blog Empire.

http://www.spreadmediang.com/6-tips-needed-build-linda-ikeji-business-blog-empire/
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Krazylover: 12:48pm On Mar 31, 2012
Its fun but sometimes her blogging steps on toes.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by Sagamite(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2012
semid4lyfe: What I deduce from her replies is she's immature and awfully proud

How? Where? What?

1 Like

Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by bigiyaro(m): 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2012
How come i have not heard of her before?
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by mrperfect(m): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2012
Thank God for her life.
Re: “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] by love4ual: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2012
last year she bought 2009 toyota camry........last month she just returned from a holiday in the united states, ...........there may be other blogs in nigeria but those of us who lives in the dispora consider her the number 1............majority also do consider her as part of the movement in the nigerian entertainment industry

she has won the hearts of many people.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam / How Much Do I Need To Start A Bread Bakery Business / Senate Wants CBN To Convert Lower Naira Notes Into Coins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.