Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? (19869 Views)

Happy Birthday To Bola Ahmed Tinubu! / Photo Of IBB On His 26th Birthday (pic) / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by samstradam: 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2012
Dipwater: Thief dey wish him fellow thief happy bffday. Ibb and tinubu una do well eh.

lol.....though it's also clear bridges are being built for 2015- shame we won't be able to drive on them though.
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by ismhab(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2012
I hope it is not letter bomb, like the one sent to dele giwa.
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by Tropilo(m): 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2012
ZUBY77: Tinubu's reply.

My dear IBB, the last time we exchanged messages was when you killed my fellow SWesterner Dele Giwa. It was a rosy relationship before that imcident. He was advocating for a balance of power and good governance in NIgeria before you terminated his life in order to make this country ungovernable. It would be appropriate if you dont write me again since the memories of all the bad things you did to this country still hunt me. Thank you. BAT.

IBB's reply:
Dear BAT (you flying rat),
I do believe you're knowledgeable enough to know that Mr. Dele Giwa was from Ora in Edo State and not the geo-political SW as u mistakenly or mischieviously stated.
However, it beats my imagination that you think he was killed for the reasons stated in your missive. If you recall, it was reported the young man made a certain remark "this must be from the president".
We are not kids as to why he made that short statement. You should know that i did all of us a favour by sending him "home" early, because had he been a life today you wouldn't have been governor in '99, for he would have collaborated with the now late (only true) SAN to make sure you are truly and thoroughly exposed in your "angel dust" dealings.
Need i say more? Pls enjoy ur sworn affidavit 60th birthday and shut up!
Yours in Crime,
The Evil Genius.
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by emsquare(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2012
LeoMax: That letter has no message. Just a display of displeasure at PDP

Hmmm!
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by cele44: 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2012
Wilfred_ng: seconded

Whatever!
I read Linda and Sahara reporters report that he (Tinubu) spent about N200Million for this same old fashioned birthday. Why must he do that? Our leaders should think of how best to arrive at self-realization than squander money here and there. See http://thewilfreds.com/self-manifestation-a-missing-secret/
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by mortee: 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2012
The only thing I saw in the letter is the repetition of the word "not" at the beginning of the last paragraph. It made me think: "who knows how much the person who wrote or edited this short letter is being paid now? How I wish my company could get such contracts to write or edit writings for people like IBB!"
In case you are beginning to wonder what company, I am proud to tell you that I am "krosdot"; ensuring you "write right" is what I do passionately.
Got a job for me? Email: krosdotpublishers@gmail.com
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by aidey: 8:33am On Apr 01, 2012
Can i ever trust this man(iBB)?,Sounds likee he's just trying to be modest.As for You tinubu You are. Just been deluded..oju aye tinz.
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by olajide8(m): 11:58am On Apr 01, 2012
ZUBY77: Tinubu's reply.

My dear IBB, the last time we exchanged messages was when you killed my fellow SWesterner Dele Giwa. It was a rosy relationship before that imcident. He was advocating for a balance of power and good governance in NIgeria before yoiu terminated his life in order to make this country ungovernable. It would be appropriate if you dont write me again since the memories of all the bad things you did to this country still hunt me. Thank you. BAT.
Please don't turn this letter to another thing O! Stick to what tinubu said at least let us respect the two gentlemen we all insinuate IBB had a hand in it but where's the evidence where you even born when Dele Giwa passed away and if you were how older were you I no dey fight O! Just trying to point out the fact that we should look at it as a celebration of someones life just my take
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2012
koruji: There was no pride in this letter. IBB was being charismatic as he can be when he wants to and most of what he said about Tinubu are true.

He was of course sticking it to someone that I will not name, but you already know.

Saw no pride too.
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by sijuhfirst2005: 8:29am On Apr 04, 2012
Nigerians always show their weaknesses in everything they do.Is this the right avenue to talk about what you think Former President IBB did that you never liked.....I think it has got to the point that an NGO should be grown to enlighten Nigerians on the use and limit of Freedom of expression.Before one could say a boo to a bird,you have started calling somebody thief,you keep waiting in vain till they will jail who...better we mind our words before we talk ourselves into trouble.If you have anything against IBB or Asiwaju,you can raise ur issues using some other avenues other than when someone wishes somebody happy BD.While i say welldone to IBB on the write-up,i wish Asiwaju many more years ahead as every 200yrs will be counted as one(amen)!!!!
Adedeji Sijuwade M.
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by sijuhfirst2005: 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2012
sijuhfirst2005@:
Nigerians always show their weaknesses in everything they do.Is this the right avenue to talk about what you think Former President IBB did that you never liked.....I think it has got to the point that an NGO should be grown to enlighten Nigerians on the use and limit of Freedom of expression.Before one could say a boo to a bird,you have started calling somebody thief,you keep waiting in vain till they will jail who...better we mind our words before we talk ourselves into trouble.If you have anything against IBB or Asiwaju,you can raise ur issues using some other avenues other than when someone wishes somebody happy BD.While i say welldone to IBB on the write-up,i wish Asiwaju many more years ahead as every 200yrs will be counted as one(amen)!!!!
Adedeji Sijuwade M.
Re: Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? by nairaman66(m): 1:56am On Oct 17, 2012
Jettage: A LOVE LETTER FROM GENERAL IBRAHIM B. BABANGIDA, Mni., GCFR..TO ASIWAJU AHMED TINUBU

My dear Asiwaju, today marks your 60th birthday on this putrid plane. There is every need to give thanks to almighty Allah for his care, concern, guidance, and love over you and your family. Since Mama Abibatu Mogaji, our symbol of women activism, introduced you to me for over three decades ago, you have greatly impressed me with your ebullient lifestyle, peculiar politics of convictions, and above all, your strong determination to make the country effectively governed through your management of human and material resources.

As the years grow by, you have continued to show a stronger zeal and determination to make democracy grow by providing alternative platform to engage the ruling party. Your role as an opposition party chieftain and player has remained essential enthralling and significantly illustrative of your human capacity to make things happen. Those kind words of mama Abibatu Mogaji at our first meeting keep echoing in my innermost self, reminding me of the saying that those who succeed in life are those who stoop to conquer. You have remained a strong voice from the south west, reminding all of us of the politics of the second republic when Chief Obafemi Awolowo called the shots and gave voice to the voiceless majority..

I am kind of imagining how it would have been, if your group had not created the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria, to provide a platform to other Nigerians who are not in agreement with the PDP’s exclusive politics. You are not only doing the country a great deal of good, you are creating a political ideology that is driven by convictions to make democracy more attractive to the discerning and ordinary minds. I am further impressed by your clear cut resolve to insist that politics cannot be played as a zero-sum game in such a manner that may plunge the country into one party state. Your style might not be agreeable to everyone, but the message and end product of your struggles and political exploits, leave very positive landmarks for this and unborn generations.

Words alone may not not convey my commendable impressions about you, but at this wonderful celebration of three scores on earth, it is my onerous prayers that Allah will give you stronger and more eventful years ahead in service to our fatherland….
~IBB

Tinubu's Reply:

Dear Baba,

I got your letter with much anticipation. I am moved by your words of support/encouragements. But sometime you could be very economical with your choice of words when there is fire on the mountain. Indeed as you may rightly guessed, I am more inclined to support the idealistic approach you took in playing the partisan politics in your cycle. Infact, it was during your era that the ""Share The Money"" slogan swing to action in full suit, mass corruption in high and low places were seeded, kid-napping and adult-napping became the order of the day. I cannot but conclude that at that time, the People's Destructive Party (PDP) was in the making. In retrospect, I cannot but thank you for your solo undertaking in moving this country to its permanent site. Who knows where!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos' Son Loses APC Reps Primaries / "PDP Mismanaged Nigeria For 16 Years" - Buhari / Police Arrests Three Brothers For Killing A Security Guard On Christmas Eve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.