Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira (63312 Views)

President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira / Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. / Convert Existing Website To Phone App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by begwong: 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2012
why are some post HIDDEN?
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
because they are secrets grin, wetin u won hear?
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by begwong: 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2012
fewj: because they are secrets grin, wetin u won hear?
so secrets they for nl?
yarn me one biko!
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Raxxye(m): 8:20am On Apr 04, 2012
What‘s d motive behind hiding posts? Is it like ABACHA(of blessed memory) would say “for security reasons?“
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by DARA1234: 10:05am On Apr 04, 2012
Most websites in Nigeria are nothing to write home about-NAIRALAND is an exception, and yet on his site you can see good pogrammers working to try to fix a problem...I think the way forward for Nigeria is privately inspired efforts until we have leaders WHO WILL IDENTIFY A PROBLEM AND WORK HARD TO SOLVE IT like the lagos state guy.
Thanks Seun

1 Like

Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by TrustZee(m): 11:24am On Apr 04, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Seun(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2012
@techytom: I couldn't find Jinja 2.2.6, so I downloaded the latest Jinja from github. Doesn't work with your code:
C:\>python hello.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "hello.py", line 8, in <module>
from jinja2 import Environment, FileSystemLoader
ImportError: cannot import name Environment

[b]If you must depend on any library apart from the ones specified, please make sure you include it in your source.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by uchemelo: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2012
Nice gesture I must say. But sites crash for reasons beyond the script itself. They (JAMB) should ensure the host server has adequate configuration, enough space, and good connectivity. Otherwise, even your new site may not work fine on that server.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Fayimora(m): 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2012
@Seun do you mind is I host the app for @techytom so people without a python enabled environment can view what he is doing?

@techtom do you know how to setup(everything!) and deploy? I don't have time to setup a python environment on any of my Vm's. If yes, send me an email and I would reply with ssh login details! Feel free to contact me if you have any permission problems. You might also need a domain name, any at all. Just send me the MX records too.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by greatcruz(m): 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
Congrats for your efforts. more efforts required to develop an elaborate website of such. it is not just about quering a database!
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by techytom(m): 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2012
Seun: @techytom: I couldn't find Jinja 2.2.6, so I downloaded the latest Jinja from github. Doesn't work with your code:
C:\>python hello.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "hello.py", line 8, in <module>
from jinja2 import Environment, FileSystemLoader
ImportError: cannot import name Environment

[b]If you must depend on any library apart from the ones specified, please make sure you include it in your source.
@seun, I'm a little surprised it doesn't work, but I've included jinja2 and memcached to my source folder. I'll try to test in a sandboxed environment just to be sure.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by techytom(m): 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
Fayimora: @Seun do you mind is I host the app for @techytom so people without a python enabled environment can view what he is doing?

@techtom do you know how to setup(everything!) and deploy? I don't have time to setup a python environment on any of my Vm's. If yes, send me an email and I would reply with ssh login details! Feel free to contact me if you have any permission problems. You might also need a domain name, any at all. Just send me the MX records too.

Goodluck!

Well... That depends strongly on @seun. I could learn how to set it up
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Opoki(m): 10:37pm On Apr 04, 2012
moneylover2: you have sinned looking at this pic...lol if you eyes causes you to commit sin...pluck it out
When people are working tiredlessly to fix a problem, you are just... Let me just reserve my comment but you no try o.

3 Likes

Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Emylexray(m): 10:42pm On Apr 04, 2012
moneylover2: you have sinned looking at this pic...lol if you eyes causes you to commit sin...pluck it out
please get a life. You are lost! How does that picture relate to the subject matter on this thread? There you are posting rubbish when people are working round the clock to solve a problem. PEOPLE LIKE YOU DON'T MAKE IT IN LIFE! Because your lascivious spirit will engulf your destiny. Glorified fool!
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Emylexray(m): 10:49pm On Apr 04, 2012
So far, so good! I must really commend you guys! Seun and others.
When i see people putting heads together like this to make something happen, i'm always impressed and it sparks my drive too to make an impact! Though i don't know much on this thread...GOD BLESS YOU GUYS
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by netghost: 10:50pm On Apr 04, 2012
*just passing* WOW!!! *stops* ... this thread is still on?! ... just give the cash to the first python programmer that showed interest... so we can discuss something more important .. #justsaying grin
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Opoki(m): 1:27am On Apr 05, 2012
I've been following this thread from day 1 and i'm glad to see ideas flowing, i'll be happy if techytom is pronounced winner and if otherwise Goodluck.
@techytom, honestly, i see you going places.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by jacob05(m): 3:38am On Apr 05, 2012
I'm IN.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Raxxye(m): 5:37am On Apr 05, 2012
Emylexray:
please get a life. You are lost! How does that picture relate to the subject matter on this thread? There you are posting rubbish when people are working round the clock to solve a problem. PEOPLE LIKE YOU DON'T MAKE IT IN LIFE! Because your lascivious spirit will engulf your destiny. Glorified fool!

Guy take am easy. E never reach like dat na!
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by techytom(m): 8:07am On Apr 05, 2012
techytom:
@seun, I'm a little surprised it doesn't work, but I've included jinja2 and memcached to my source folder. I'll try to test in a sandboxed environment just to be sure.
I just ran the website in a virtual environment and it worked perfectly,
I've setup a wiki on setting up a virtual environment, like I did http://code.google.com/p/emergency-jamb-result-checker/wiki/HowToRun
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by techytom(m): 8:09am On Apr 05, 2012
Opoki: I've been following this thread from day 1 and i'm glad to see ideas flowing, i'll be happy if techytom is pronounced winner and if otherwise Goodluck.
@techytom, honestly, i see you going places.
Thanks @Opoki, for supporting me
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Seun(m): 8:45am On Apr 05, 2012
jacob05: I'm IN.
Please, please, do participate. We need to have some competition here, to make this a real contest. Start right away.

I've setup a wiki on setting up a virtual environment, like I did http://code.google.com/p/emergency-jamb-result-checker/wiki/HowToRun
Got it to work yesterday. The instructions were not sufficient - I also had to install memcache.py from github. The problem I have now is that the registration numbers I got from the database did not show any results.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by yamakuza: 9:19am On Apr 05, 2012
Seun:
Please, please, do participate. We need to have some competition here, to make this a real contest. Start right away.

i wonder what happened to the other people who dropped repos.

O di kwa serious!
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by yamakuza: 9:21am On Apr 05, 2012
techytom:

any way u can host it and drop the url here or on ur siggy?
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by coderXO(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2012
The problem with contests is if you don't win you pretty much burned up
a bunch of time.

For working programmers, it doesn't work.

We gotta eat Seun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet Dare Obasanjo Who Works With Microsoft / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / Funny Programming Memes. Just For Laughs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.