Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. (18760 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / Is It Good For A Mother To Support Her Younger Child Over D Elder In An Argument / After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by odeexpress(m): 10:52pm On Mar 31, 2012
Can you imagine taking such risks to sustain one's family?

1 Share

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by agiboma(f): 4:39am On Apr 01, 2012
omg shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 01, 2012
@

21 Likes

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by odeexpress(m): 12:39pm On Apr 01, 2012
chaircover: This is what makes me laugh when DK and family come here and insinuate that Nigerian women are lazy gold diggers.

Go to Nigeria and you will see women like this working hard and taking all sorts of risks to sustain their families. Do you think that all those market women sit down and someone comes to supply them with goods? many of them are up at the crack of dawn going to the wholesale market, bush, farm etc to source their wares. Same thing at night. Go to any main road at 9pm and it is these women you will see with a baby on their lap selling all sorts of things. Surely they all cant be widows or single parents.

One old mama sells amala to the shop girls in my complex. The mama is about 60. When I engaged her one day, I found out that she makes all the food herself. She wakes up at 4 and rushes to the market, then comes back to cook. One day I did not see her, so when I asked her the next day she said that some people didnt pay her up the road and so she didnt have enough money to go to the market the next day so she couldnt cook. when I asked her how much she was being owed she said N800. I couldnt beleive it. Women like this are not alone. Many many women are sustaining their families. Kudos to them all.

I share same opinion with you too!

1 Like

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by taryour(f): 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2012
chaircover: This is what makes me laugh when DK and family come here and insinuate that Nigerian women are lazy gold diggers.

Go to Nigeria and you will see women like this working hard and taking all sorts of risks to sustain their families. Do you think that all those market women sit down and someone comes to supply them with goods? many of them are up at the crack of dawn going to the wholesale market, bush, farm etc to source their wares. Same thing at night. Go to any main road at 9pm and it is these women you will see with a baby on their lap selling all sorts of things. Surely they all cant be widows or single parents.

One old mama sells amala to the shop girls in my complex. The mama is about 60. When I engaged her one day, I found out that she makes all the food herself. She wakes up at 4 and rushes to the market, then comes back to cook. One day I did not see her, so when I asked her the next day she said that some people didnt pay her up the road and so she didnt have enough money to go to the market the next day so she couldnt cook. when I asked her how much she was being owed she said N800. I couldnt beleive it. Women like this are not alone. Many many women are sustaining their families. Kudos to them all.

GOD will continualy bless we women and our husbands so we dont have to go tru somuch to support d family.

4 Likes

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by ismhab(m): 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2012
See how poverty wants kill Ndi igbo.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Odutodaiwa: 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2012
As much as I appreciate hardwork. I strongly feel the risk taken by the woman in this case is uncalled for.

3 Likes

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Havilgold(f): 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2012
:oDis is not hard workin but sucide
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Wislet(f): 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2012
ismhab: See how poverty wants kill Ndi igbo.
lol. Igbos must be giving you sleepless nights with their successes and hardworking spirit.
Don't you think it's better than being known as a hopelessly lazy people?

1 Like

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Nellyd(f): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2012
my God! This is pure suffering
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by sessy2(f): 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
Havilgold: :oDis is not hard workin but sucide
my thought
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by reagand200(m): 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2012
I am not impressed by this.
The risk level is uncalLed for.
Please nobody should try this anywhere for no reason.
To me its just Foolhardiness rather than 'working hard'.
Am out of here... sad angry

1 Like

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by blackboi(m): 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
are on iba ?
Or
u get iba? cheesy
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by livingstoneony(m): 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2012
 =))˚°◦ see as laff <//>. won . comot my
_\\_ waist.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by InHim4Him(m): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2012
Hardwork doesnt have to be suicidal. The profit margin may be small, but decorum and dignity makes the labour worth the while. This woman's son or daughter may be somewhere boasting and loafing on NL or fb, and at the same time pressurizing the parents about some money needed for handout or inexistent project. All the same KUDOS to all mothers. Me thinks they are really hardworking in many ways.

2 Likes

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by ziccoit: 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2012
This is not a hardworking woman but a stup.id, idi.ot, Moronic one. If only she knew sustaining an head injury or spinal cord fracture would paralyse her for life; she would think twice and opt for trekking than exposing her live to this great danger. N500k would not be enough to keep her alive while she would still remain paralysed. This is reality if only you understand me.

Stupi.d woman, ode, dindinrin otondo.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by koruji(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2012
Foolhardiness Are you kidding? Do you think the woman would do that to herself if there was some other means for getting the fruits of her hardwork out of the deep bush somewhere?

You people do not know the extent to which the criminals in government have run down the country. You'll be surprised that the woman probably would pay for a bus to transport the bags of cassava comfortably, but none is to be found - yet she MUST feed her family and probably have to sell the remaining products for some spending money.

Certainly, she can't make roads or bring buses to the farm.

I hope you are not one of those that thought the way the FG removed subsidies was good for the economy - this is the kind of thing it leads to. They are buying bullet-proof cars for themselves, increasing allowances, spending one billion naira on food a month in Aso Rock, while removing subsidies to the common man.

reagand200: I am not impressed by this.
The risk level is uncalLed for.
Please nobody should try this anywhere for no reason.
To me its just Foolhardiness rather than 'working hard'.
Am out of here... sad angry

3 Likes

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by haoyee: 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2012
My mother is the past.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by gulfer: 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:
As much as I appreciate hardwork. I strongly feel the risk taken by the woman in this case is uncalled for.
Is the Okada-man her husband? This is not hard-work but extreme risk by the woman as she may have just been a buyer.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2012
unfortunately this woman in the picture may have a daughter living in a faked glass house and using all the modern gadgets she may not need in one Nigerian city, viz. lagos or abuja, and maybe forming Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's grand-daughter, while her mother perish in penury in one hamlet....sighs....pls guys and girls, do not forget your parents in the light of city life, u can see how they labour to make u who u are?

3 Likes

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by ziccoit: 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2012
koruji: Foolhardiness Are you kidding? Do you think the woman would do that to herself if there was some other means for getting the fruits of her hardwork out of the deep bush somewhere?

You people do not know the extent to which the criminals in government have run down the country. You'll be surprised that the woman probably would pay for a bus to transport the bags of cassava comfortably, but none is to be found - yet she MUST feed her family and probably have to sell the remaining products for some spending money.

Certainly, she can't make roads or bring buses to the farm.

I hope you are not one of those that thought the way the FG removed subsidies was good for the economy - this is the kind of thing it leads to. They are buying bullet-proof cars for themselves, increasing allowances, spending one billion naira on food a month in Aso Rock, while removing subsidies to the common man.

Do you know for head or spinal cord injury that may arise from this, the investigations alone needed to carry out before any line of management is insistuted start from N120,000?

You fight to stay alive to fight another day is the way out not to fight and die.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by dnarowpath: 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2012
Avoidable Risk. She does not have to go this far. I feel this is careless.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by martyns303(m): 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2012
Na wa o! Life is so not fair, but come o, why is nobody talking about the man driving the Okada nau? Abi him too no dey suffer? Imagine having to support all that load!

1 Like

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by bakila: 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:
You never see them on top lorry travelling from Maiduguri to Osha or Ondo to Zaria.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Celyt(f): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2012
^^Haba @ Ziccoit, you didn't have to call her all that. A lot of us are quite fortunate to be educated enough to know the consequences of making right and wrong choices in life while lots of peeps out there didn't have that priviledge and are ignorant.
That woman and a lot of people like her might think they are saving money by doing that and are ignorant of the consequences. A case of penny wise,pound foolish.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by antartica(m): 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2012
That risk is just normal in nigeria. She can even carry a baby on he back and do same. And in that same position,the okada will ride pass a police check point,casually giving the police ten naira while the police will look the other way as if they saw the okada an its occupants. In nigeria anything goes,no common sense,no rules,no regulation. Inherent suffering has dabarued sense.

1 Like

Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Marlboro1: 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2012

You prick, cant you tell this is a Yoruba woman. Igbos are a lot smarter than this.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by koruji(m): 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2012
Nobody is disputing all that - and the biker and the woman are undoubtedly aware of the risk. What you are failing to realize is the desperate condition into which the lack of governance has pushed our people. Go and travel on the Lagos-Ibadan road and weep, and I am sure the same story repeats itself all over the federation.

I'll tell you a story about a road in Osogbo, which I hope is fixed now - but I don't know. This road was a major traffic-way that also directly connects the town to another. Bit by bit erosion ate a particular section of this road until half of it was gone. Whenever it rains water collects on this part of the road. Those who know the road well & can see it just go around it either by using the other part of the road or cutting a virtual road on "what should have been a side-walk. To cut the long story short, when I saw this road and asked about it people just threw up their hands, but managed to inform me that a motor-cyclist and his passenger died on that particular section of the road because they failed to remember it was the damaged portion of the road - it was raining and dark that night (probably the motorcyle did not have a good headlight either). They also said that the road had been like that for months. I asked why people are not protesting - the reply was some mumbling about too many things worth protesting.

My point, is much of the Nigerian populace live in despair from day to day - and the government could care less, having no idea nor allowing those capable of doing something about the situation the light of day. Worse, there is no pernicious policy that they will not implement as long as it promises to provide more revenue for them to embezzle.

Let nothing surprise you about Nigeria, there are worse things going on than in that picture.

ziccoit:
Do you know for head or spinal cord injury that may arise from this, the investigations alone needed to carry out before any line of management is insistuted start from N120,000?
You fight to stay alive to fight another day is the way out not to fight and die.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Akpan107(m): 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2012
[quote author=taryour]

GOD will continualy bless we women and our husbands so we dont have to go tru somuch to support d family, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by forkadict(m): 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
i just hope she is equally as hardworking in bed
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by Agbesky: 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2012
Pls don't mistake illiteracy for hardworking.... The so called hardworking woman must be enlightening
Re: See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. by begwong: 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2012
ziccoit: This is not a hardworking woman but a stup.id, idi.ot, Moronic one. If only she knew sustaining an head injury or spinal cord fracture would paralyse her for life; she would think twice and opt for trekking than exposing her live to this great danger. N500k would not be enough to keep her alive while she would still remain paralysed. This is reality if only you understand me.

ASSUMMING SHE'S YOUR MUM? undecided
ziccoit: This is not a hardworking woman but a stup.id, idi.ot, Moronic one. If only she knew sustaining an head injury or spinal cord fracture would paralyse her for life; she would think twice and opt for trekking than exposing her live to this great danger. N500k would not be enough to keep her alive while she would still remain paralysed. This is reality if only you understand me.

ASSUMMING SHE'S YOUR MUM?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / My Husband And I Are Not Talking - And I Don't Know What To Do / Malnourished Child & mother Inside IDP Camp Borno (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.