Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Brand New Nairaland Theme - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Brand New Nairaland Theme (20511 Views)

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / New Nairaland: State Of The Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brand New Nairaland Theme by lifestyle1(m): 10:23am On Apr 01, 2012
Is this a joke?
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Mynd44: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2012
This better be a joke from seun oooo else, na war im dey find
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by lifestyle1(m): 10:29am On Apr 01, 2012
Mynd_44: This better be a joke from seun oooo else, na [b]war [/b]im dey find

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by naptu2: 10:32am On Apr 01, 2012
Gosh! The colours are awful!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Mynd44: 10:39am On Apr 01, 2012
naptu2: Gosh! The colours are awful!
It looks like one of those cheap less visited Ghanian forums
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by FASTLINK1: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2012
Some folks choice of color is ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Seun(m): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2012
I made a big mistake with New Nairaland, by making the colours too bright, so for a while now I've been experimenting with this theme. I know this new look not perfect, but I think it's much better on the eyes. I will keep tweaking it over time to make it better.

As a scientist at heart , I tried to research the issues with the old theme in a objective manner. My conclusion was that the old theme was painful on the eyes primarily because bright colors bombard the eye with excess photons, causing over-excitement of the cornea, leading to pain after using the site for a few hours. For me initially, I didn't understand this because I only used the site for 30 minutes to an hour at a stretch, but some days ago after a long moderating session of about 2 hours my eyes started to water and I knew something was wrong, so I started working on less photonic theme with dark colors that are easy on the eye.

The way it works is that the background occupies a much larger area than the text, so if the background is dark and the text is light it reduces the number of photon bombarding your cornea and provides relief to any pent up tension in the eyeballs. So I inverted colors to retain the same pleasing blend of colors you're used to while reducing the photonic bombardment rate considerably.

I know that my scientific rather than artistic approach won't win people over instantly, but if after browsing for 2 hours you notice that your eyes are perfectly relaxed and not watering at all, I hope you'll understand why that's happening and appreciate it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by BIGERBOY1: 10:46am On Apr 01, 2012
The theme is so not cool. It resembles those tech geeks forum where russian and Chinese hackers share and sell private info stolen from people's computer, and automated bots.

5 Likes

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Mynd44: 10:51am On Apr 01, 2012
But SEUN this new one is ugliest than the last one nah. I hated the last one but this is just insulting
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Funkymallam(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2012
Seun: I made a big mistake with New Nairaland, by making the colours too bright, so for a while now I've been experimenting with this theme. I know this new look not perfect, but I think it's much better on the eyes. I will keep tweaking it over time to make it better.

As a scientist at heart , I tried to research the issues with the old theme in a objective manner. My conclusion was that the old theme was painful on the eyes primarily because bright colors bombard the eye with excess photons, causing over-excitement of the cornea, leading to pain after using the site for a few hours. For me initially, I didn't understand this because I only used the site for 30 minutes to an hour at a stretch, but some days ago after a long moderating session of about 2 hours my eyes started to water and I knew something was wrong, so I started working on less photonic theme with dark colors that are easy on the eye.

The way it works is that the background occupies a much larger area than the text, so if the background is dark and the text is light it reduces the number of photon bombarding your cornea and provides relief to any pent up tension in the eyeballs. So I inverted colors to retain the same pleasing blend of colors you're used to while reducing the photonic bombardment rate considerably.

I know that my scientific rather than artistic approach won't win people over instantly, but if after browsing for 2 hours you notice that your eyes are perfectly relaxed and not watering at all, I hope you'll understand why that's happening and appreciate it.

APRIL FOOL! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by smile4kenn(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2012
omo seun wan make all his nl users dey use glasses

1 Like

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Excelboi(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2012
Seun whatz wrong with you? Haba, who complained that the oda theme is too bright? Walahi, it seems u dont care abt ur members, should we be searching before we can get a post? Dis is not clear at all, pls change it back.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Abagworo(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2012
I'm impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Abagworo(m): 10:56am On Apr 01, 2012
Seun: I made a big mistake with New Nairaland, by making the colours too bright, so for a while now I've been experimenting with this theme. I know this new look not perfect, but I think it's much better on the eyes. I will keep tweaking it over time to make it better.

Very true. Thanks for changing that last theme. It was rather retrogressive.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by naptu2: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2012
There are 3 colour types: bright, dark and soft. It's important to blend them properly. You could damage people's eyes if you use predominantly bright colours or dark colours. It'd be much better if you use, say 70% soft colours, 20% dark colours and 10% bright colours.

It's also important that you contrast the colours properly.

The old scheme was getting better before the change today.

3 Likes

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Thatdave(m): 10:58am On Apr 01, 2012
Seun: . . .
As a scientist at heart , I tried to research the issues with the old theme in a objective manner. My conclusion was that the old theme was painful on the eyes primarily because bright colors bombard the eye with excess photons, causing over-excitement of the cornea, leading to pain after using the site for a few hours. For me initially, I didn't understand this because I only used the site for 30 minutes to an hour at a stretch, but some days ago after a long moderating session of about 2 hours my eyes started to water and I knew something was wrong, so I started working on [b]less photoni[/b]c theme with dark colors that are easy on the eye...
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 01, 2012
i like.. its good on mobile anyways.

1 Like

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by cantell(m): 10:59am On Apr 01, 2012
O boy hand this site over to good web designers.
Why do you choose to use ur site as experiment for your amateurish designs?
Don't understand why some people prefer to play with their business.
Can't say i blame you though, you're sitting on top of a goldmine and probably do not know the value.
You gotta know when to accept defeat and move on.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Emary(f): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2012
Please go back to the original theme. This one is TERRIBLE!
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by tohirah(f): 11:04am On Apr 01, 2012
Now I understand,but pls adjudt it over time
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by kombats: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2012
nonsense d colour fit blind person
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Funkymallam(m): 11:04am On Apr 01, 2012
BlueBarbie: i like.. its good on mobile anyways.

like what? Good on which mobile?
I knw Seun is playing.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2012
Did I just hear Scientist
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by koolguy88(m): 11:07am On Apr 01, 2012
i prefer the former theme, this one is dark
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by valencia25(m): 11:07am On Apr 01, 2012
Leave am jare.... Chai it look so cool on mobile

1 Like

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Lexusgs430: 11:07am On Apr 01, 2012
What more do you guys and gals want, you requested for coloured background, he has responded in abundance !!!!!
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Phoenix6278(m): 11:08am On Apr 01, 2012
Seun wants to kill nairaland
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by jmoore(m): 11:08am On Apr 01, 2012
why not create several themes, so that one can have options of choosing a default theme for his/her own taste

6 Likes

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Olaone1: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2012
Seun, please adjust it
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Sijo01(f): 11:09am On Apr 01, 2012
Why all dis colour riot?
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by kombats: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2012
cantell: [color=#000099][/color]
O boy hand this site over to good web designers.
Why do you choose to use ur site as experiment for your amateurish designs?
Don't understand why some people prefer to play with their business.
Can't say i blame you though, you're sitting on top of a goldmine and probably do not know the value.
You gotta know when to accept defeat and move on.
na true talk jor d thing tire me ooo gringrin
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Bawss1(m): 11:11am On Apr 01, 2012
Imagine Facebook doing away with its traditional blue and white theme or google without its brilliant white look.
There should be a certain sense of consistency on Nairaland, this new look is rather distasteful and does nothing to strengthen the image users have of this site.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Drunk Driver Kills Four Worshippers In Abeokuta, Ogun State. Photo / Hit And Run Honda Driver Kills A Man Today In Otukpo,Benue(Graphic Pics) / How Do I Politely Ask Someone To Leave My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.