Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,616 members, 7,801,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Whatever Happened To Monte Davidoff ? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Whatever Happened To Monte Davidoff ? (3620 Views)

Please Help!!!! What Happened To His Laptop? / What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? / Windows Vista Ready Boost - What Happened To It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whatever Happened To Monte Davidoff ? by cryptosuno(m): 2:58am On Nov 02, 2007
Twenty six years ago the microprocessor revolution found a software catalyst - a tiny BASIC interpreter that ran in 4K of memory. You've probably heard of two of its three authors - Paul Allen and Bill Gates, who'd incorporated the company 'Micro-Soft' in Albuquerque the same year. But what not many people know is that there was a third guy, Monte Davidoff, who wrote the floating point algorithms for the interpreter, which by the way was one of its strong points.

Paul and Bill went on to be the biggest billionaires in the IT field and Davidoff just faded into obscurity. Last that was heard, he had founded a consulting company called Alluvial, anybody heard of it? I didn't think so. But It just got me wondering, did he have a fallout with the rest, or wasn't he smart enough to keep up ? Or could it have been that he didn't see the future that they saw, Talk about fate's cruelty! Or shall I say one man's "dulling"

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 820 G1 Review And Specifications / #gee Boys Only# / How To Install Miners IP And VPN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.