Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria (5838 Views)

10 Powerful Tips To Note When Starting A Photography Business / Recharge Card Printing Business; How Viable Is It? / Photography Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by Flaix(f): 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
I am at a loss for what business to engage in, since I have been job hunting endlessly. I however have a flair for photography, but I just don't know if it is a business I can go into due to the little knowledge I have of the business. Advice me please sirs and madams smiley
Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by brainchild78(m): 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2012
You are already on the road to success taking into consideration that you have a flair for photography. Passion is the key ingredient for success. The photography business like any other business is very viable but your success is down to your approach. You need a positive mind set and an orientation to always please your targeted customers/client. Your main issues word be setting your studio, sourcing for clients through marketing strategies, and of cource promoting your business on many platforms including the internet. Another viable area you may venture into in relation to photography is publicity photography for tv stations, news papers/magazines, celebrity events etc. I hope you find this info helpful.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by Flaix(f): 3:56pm On Apr 02, 2012
Thank you very much! Very helpful.
Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by yamakuza: 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2012
Viable? Ask Ty Bello!

If setting up a studio and getting clients to come to you is an issue, you can start small, test the waters and hone your skills by covering events like weddings, etc on weekends. [s]With a home studio.

Leaves the weekdays free to devote to other things.[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by SceptreBizMag: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2012
The Photography business is very profitable. I say this not because I know of friends that have married wives, bought cars and are building houses now because of photography. I say this because you have a major ingredient for success as is rightly pointed out by brainchild78.
Since you have the passion, follow these steps and convert your passion into a real business empire:

1. Get a professional camera (NOT A POINT AND SHOOT CAMERA!)
2. Print a complimentary card and give it out to people.
3. Start by snapping few shots with your camera (Hey! Study your camera Manual to learn operational skills and get good photography books. I have a couple I can send to you but let me see your interest).
4. Start snapping at any function in town. You can hire printers or have to grow your business to buy one.
5. Snap at church services, Marriages etc. The more people see you doing this the more they begin to trust your work and the more money you begin to make.
6. Be good at accounting because your business.

Hope this little helps.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by brainchild78(m): 7:34pm On Apr 03, 2012
[quote author=SceptreBizMag]The Photography business is very profitable. I say this not because I know of friends that have married wives, bought cars and are building houses now because of photography. I say this because you have a major ingredient for success as is rightly pointed out by brainchild78.
Since you have the passion, follow these steps and convert your passion into a real business empire:

2. Print a complimentary card and give very insightful input!
Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by empron(m): 7:34am On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=SceptreBizMag]The Photography business is very profitable. I say this not because I know of friends that have married wives, bought cars and are building houses now because of photography. I say this because you have a major ingredient for success as is rightly pointed out by brainchild78.

2. Print a complimentary card and give pls can send d book to me remodee24@yahoo.com
Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by jefy(m): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2015
SceptreBizMag:
The Photography business is very profitable. I say this not because I know of friends that have married wives, bought cars and are building houses now because of photography. I say this because you have a major ingredient for success as is rightly pointed out by brainchild78.

3. Start by snapping few shots with your camera (Hey! Study your camera Manual to learn operational skills and get good photography books. I have a couple I can send to you but let me see your interest).
4. Start snapping at any function in town. You can hire printers or have to grow your business to buy one.
5. Snap at church services, Marriages etc. The more people see you doing this the more they begin to trust your work and the more money you begin to make.

Hope this little helps.
hi,i'll be glad if you can help with those photography books.am also a photographer.want to learn more. dahouseofoptimism@gmail.com thanks
Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by Godshield001: 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
hi,i'll be glad if you can help with those photography books. pls send to godshieldkanjal @
mail.com
Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by ssolaoye: 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2018
Want to start your own photography business today? Here are 8 steps on how to start your own digital photography business in Nigeria.

https://invoice.ng/blog/start-digital-photography-business-nigeria
Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
SceptreBizMag:

Hope this little helps.
interested in learning photography and video coverage how do I go about it... what kinda camera can I get...thks
Re: Please How Viable Is The Photography Business In Nigeria by joeyarticles: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2020
Photography is one venture that is almost as old as man himself, many years ago when taking photos of other was a huge task, the process could as well drain you of your moral to take new shots, however, the persistence of developers has birth the industry we have today, the act of taking photos these days is not as difficult as it used to be.

(1) (Reply)

Higest And Lowest Currency Denomination For Different Countries. / Getting Used And Empty Plastic Bottles In Lagos And How Much Does It Sell For? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.