Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? (4226 Views)

List Your Ten Top Nairalanders You Always Check Thier Post / We Can Now Like Profile Pictures On Nairaland / Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by wham(m): 9:22am On Nov 09, 2007
@Fox
Thanks for the encouragement. cheesy 

Now I feel much better  cool

Was I pretty in the pics?  grin

@mdsocks
I get to see what u look like after all this while on nairaland.
You r a poplular poster man. Cheers!
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 09, 2007
wham:

@mdsocks
I get to see what u look like after all this while on nairaland.
You r a poplular poster man. Cheers!

Oh thanks, thats cool kiss
I will leave it there, but why did you remove yours?
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by tupix(m): 9:38am On Nov 09, 2007
@wham

I am not trying to embarass you, but what I saw was too funny too beleive.

Let me attach it then you view. As you know computers can be funny.

Thanks for the ebook and the advice, so much appreciate it
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by wham(m): 9:47am On Nov 09, 2007
@mdsocks
Thats my pics showing in the above post by Tupix. How r u doing?

@Tupix
'Was just catching fun with all the drama (Thanks to the exciting Topic). Don't mind my remarks, they were meant 4 humor

You are welcome (About the book), I hope it works for good.

Can I see your own picture?
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by tupix(m): 9:56am On Nov 09, 2007
@wham

There is no problem about putting my picture up there, I will even like to do that. Just that I've not been able to send it to my system because it's on my Phone.

Presently my system does not hav a bluetooth but I will get one soon.

So hw do I see urs??
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by wham(m): 9:59am On Nov 09, 2007
@Tupix
That picture would look normal to cartoon folks smiley

But might freak out u humans  shocked
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by CrazyMan(m): 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2007
@Topic

Because they are ugly
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2007
Suacekid is that your pic? grin
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by britgirlee(f): 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2007
funny how the poster above wants to see who will be Mr nairaland or miss nairaland when people don't post their pictures grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2007
britgirlee:

funny how the poster above wants to see who will be Mr nairaland or miss nairaland when people don't post their pictures grin grin grin grin tongue

funny lol,
Dudes will get pics of models and post it as their pics grin
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by britgirlee(f): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2007
mdsocks:

funny lol,
Dudes will get pics of models and post it as their pics grin

if you think about it , gives a sad example of individuals on this site who want to be who they can never be, one guy has even posted him self as an animal, a tiger i think,, how worrying grin grin grin grin
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by MrInfo1(m): 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2007
crazykid:

@Topic

Because they are ugly

dumb talk
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by Uzzyan: 9:24am On Dec 24, 2007
I could save peoples pix from NL on my system so isnt it better i dont put mine so that people wont save mine on theirs.
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by labiyemmy(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2007
so that they wont be spammed - some people even email you or add you to their yahoo or msn messenger when they see your email on in here.
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by Uzzyan: 10:33am On Dec 24, 2007
so u see pikin of crase we are no ugly. i will have to check ur profile
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by niceuzor: 11:59am On Dec 24, 2007
@poster
For Security Reasons wink
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by britgirlee(f): 1:50am On Dec 25, 2007
niceuzor:

@poster
For Security Reasons wink

Really how does that work??
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by dapsycool(m): 7:03am On Dec 25, 2007
Cos of some retards on nairaland
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by tomX1(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2007
Imagine what would happen if you made post that might be contrued as disparaging to your employers and then someone from the Human Resource Department of your organisation checkes your profile and saw your pix. You'd probably get canned I think.
Some people might hide there pix for security, or just to avoid unwanted attention from other fourum members or visitors who may spam them with unsolicited mails for relationships and stuff (imagine how many such mails I would get if my email is visible, considering my handsome pix as you may see on my profile wink).
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by niceuzor: 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2007
britgirlee - Well Keep your pix in your profile,i don't have much to say. lipsrsealed
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by jayvin01: 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2007
Topic!!!

because its *Optional* and not a *must* cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by chiogo(f): 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2007
britgirlee:

if you think about it , gives a sad example of individuals on this site who want to be who they can never be, one guy has even posted him self as an animal, a tiger i think,, how worrying grin grin grin grin
No offense but i think you're gettin' somethin' wrong here. Now, when u want to update your profile, i believe it says "picture/text", meaning it doesn't necessarily have to be a picture of you, it could be a text. Also, I think that even tho it says'picture', it doesn't have to be your picture, it could be a picture of anythin' that represents you or your real picture. So, most people decide to choose the former. There's no stress about that. Insinuating that people are scared to post their pictures due to d fact that they might be judged after runnin' their mouths is not really true. I, personally have a phobia about postin' my pics on the internet, it has nothin' to do with nairaland. Every site i visit, i never leave my pic there. Be it myspace, facebook and whatnot. That's just me, idk about other people. Am not scared of bein' judged Cuz there's nothin' to be scared of, u'd understand if u know me.Bein' a little superstitious has to do with it, yes, I kind@ believe in this voodoo stuff i hear. Again, pictures of people are now used for lots of things even here in the US,take for example a foreign site like myspace, people transform other peoples' pictures into smthin' else. Idk how they do it but am not takin' that chance. I've actually posted my pics a couple of times but i just can't leave it on for long.That's it.
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by lailai2(m): 2:52am On Dec 28, 2007
jayvin01:

Topic!!!

i feel you

@chiogo
are u serious, i mean d voodoo stuf

@topic
jayvin01 has said it all, no be by force
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by chiogo(f): 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2007
lai-lai:

@chiogo
are u serious, i mean d voodoo stuf
yup, I am so serious!!
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by lailai2(m): 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2007
@chiogo
can u gimme some links, i want to experimnt on it,
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by iice(f): 7:11am On Dec 29, 2007
jayvin01:

Abi o!
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by holythug(m): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2007
shy
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by britgirlee(f): 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2007
iice:

Abi o!

thanks for your response guys, but the subject matter is being missed undecided it might help if you reasd the oringinal post before addind comments
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by TheSly: 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2007
Jayvin01 got the answer cool cool cool
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by omoge(f): 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2007
my roommate once posted her pix online. she also posted it on a dating site.
A guy started toasting her and she refused the guy. i don't know how the guy did it but he turned her picture into something else. . . lol.   grin grin grin grin a clown with reddish large nose, very huge eyes, reddish thin lips, and long neck. he also did her hair white like an old woman (she is white with a very long darkish hair). the guy enlarged her entire body to look like a 300 lb.

she was shocked and started crying. i came in from class and saw her crying. Really i felt for her and asked her to report the person. she did just that. the guy didn't stop but posted more huge and tallish pictures of her over the internet. i laughed real hard while consoling her. really i couldn't help not laughing at the oyinbo girl. asking myself why should you go post your pix online anyway? it was soooooooooo funny. all our roomies blamed her for posting her pix online. well, i don't know what happened but she told me she took off her pix and never use the site again.

anyone can post their pix if they want. Apart from being shy, i just don't like showing my pretty face to avoid pest  cheesy cheesy
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by niceuzor: 12:08am On Dec 30, 2007
Omoge i concur,
how far na longest time, where u come dey since?
abeg leave this people with the Picture wahala.
Re: 90% Hide Thier Pictures On The Site Why? by Uzzyan: 12:18am On Dec 30, 2007
Abeg tell dem peeps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obj Is A Gay! / Why Are Nigerian Men Always Jealous Of Successful Nigerian Women? / The Ogoga Of Ikere Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.