Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Microsoft Makes ASP.NET MVC A Lot More Open - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Microsoft Makes ASP.NET MVC A Lot More Open (1367 Views)

Free Csharp, Mvc, Jquery And More Tutorials Online / Download Asp.net Mvc 5 Essential Training Video Tutorial / C# - Capturing File Name From A FileUpload Control In Asp.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Makes ASP.NET MVC A Lot More Open by thenewsman: 8:39am On Apr 02, 2012
In the world of web application development especially on Microsoft’s Platform, ASP.NET MVC has been adopted on several small to large scale software projects. MVC stands for Model View Controller and is a design pattern employed to make building robust applications easier. ASP.NET MVC started out as a third party framework and was later adopted by Microsoft.

ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft’s Web application framework, has been open sourced since its first version, and was switched to Microsoft’s permissive license in 2009. However, there’s a difference between open development and mere open source (as those following Android’s development will be well aware). Previously, the source was available, but its development was Microsoft’s sole concern; third parties had no ability to suggest changes or contributions of their own, and little ability to comment on the work that Microsoft was doing.

[img]http://www.otekbits.com/wp-content/themes/kernel-theme/timthumb.php?src=http://www.otekbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/asp-net-hosting.jpg&w=315&h=177&zc=1&q=100[/img]
Re: Microsoft Makes ASP.NET MVC A Lot More Open by Ojukwu24(m): 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2012
Actually, I have started using the version 3 (MVC 3). I think I like the framework. I just finished a website with it and will soon post the link.
Re: Microsoft Makes ASP.NET MVC A Lot More Open by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2012
i got acquainted to .NET recently and its really powerful but i hate the WebForm with a passion i played with the MVC3 but never went far because of work and project, ASP.NET MVC gives you more control over HTML processing is far better than webforms. i tried using Dojo and MVC3 to see if they could play nice. all i can say i really grinned looks a like a love affair to take place.
Re: Microsoft Makes ASP.NET MVC A Lot More Open by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2012
Great Idea.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Makes ASP.NET MVC A Lot More Open by Ojukwu24(m): 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2012
My first MVC 3 site is now live @ http://www.ictnaija.com
Please, if you are good with mvc 3, I will love to learn a lot from you.

(1) (Reply)

Java: Can I Create A Java App Without Ide / Javascript Function Declaration Syntax: Var... / Joseph Snowden:de One Guy Who Hacked Into U.S.A Secret Info, Publ It And Escaped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.