Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! (16809 Views)

JAMB 2016/2017 Change Of Course Begins: Read This Before Changing Your Course / Lastest Info For New Admitted Student Unibadan Distance Learning Centre (ui Dlc) / The 2013 Top 100 Universities Ranking In Africa, Check Your Institution Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by dani1luv: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2012
After the release of the 2012 UTME results, we shall begin helping candidates to change their 1st or 2nd choice courses or institutions. These changes are done by our professional staff, and our changes are official as they done to reflect on Jamb Systems immediately.

Reasons why you may want to change your Course or Institution

There are obviously three good reasons why a candidate may need to change his/her jamb choice of course or institution or both:
Case 1A.
Due to Low UTME score:

After the release of Jamb results, the next thing to face is post-UTME and admissions. Now take for instance that someone applied for a federal university who will probably fix a cut-off mark of 200 and above; if such candidate scored less than 200, it simply means he/she has lost the admission. In this case the change of institution to a state-owned/private University becomes necessary. State universities generally fix cut-off marks below 200.

Case 1B.
Due to Low UTME score:

Just like case 1A above, this happens when a candidate chose a very competitive course like Law, Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Engineering, etc. Several courses have greater number of applicants than others and such courses invariably attract very high cut-off marks. To avoid being left aside a candidate is advised to go for change of course within the same institution/faculty.

Case 2.
Incomplete O'level results

In this case candidates who may have ran into deficiency of required credit passes in some key/relevant subjects may decide to go for change of course to accommodate themselves.

Case 3.
Mistakes during registration

Was there a mistake while filling your registration by either you or the business/cyber cafe? With this help, you can now correct any errors made during registration of your course or institution.
Case 4.
Other causes

These includes several factors ranging from finance, change in Geographical locations, Parent's suggestions, Fear of Tribal differences, etc. Such cases treated under this heading result to change of institution.

Source - http://www..com/school/admission-support/jamb-utme-change-of-course-or-institutions-or-both/

2 Likes

Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 02, 2012
Chei! Shey na d same dani wey i know dey discuss education tinz like dis so?! shocked
nothing wey i no go use my eye see for nl..... tongue

1 Like

Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by dani1luv: 10:46am On Apr 02, 2012
booqee: Chei! Shey na d same dani wey i know dey discuss education tinz like dis so?! shocked
nothing wey i no go use my eye see for nl..... tongue
Why are you stalking me?
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by kombats: 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2012
[size=32]i no know abeg fr3 dani jor u too like am[/size]
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by Nigerd(m): 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2012
@ Topic

This is Official Fraud on NL...
ICPC they watch... JAMB Agent
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by dani1luv: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2012
Niger_d: @ Topic

This is Official Fraud on NL...
ICPC they watch... JAMB Agent
huh??
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by hardeyincah(m): 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2012
Pls help me o o o o.... I tried ckecking my result on a mobile phone and d reply was not done, not knowing dat it has bin counted for me...when I got to the cafe, the reply of the serve is "You Have Exceeded Maximum Number of Checks. Please purchase e-Facility Card to Print Your Result Slip" pls where can I get the card?
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by dani1luv: 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2012
hardeyincah: Pls help me o o o o.... I tried ckecking my result on a mobile phone and d reply was not done, not knowing dat it has bin counted for me...when I got to the cafe, the reply of the serve is "You Have Exceeded Maximum Number of Checks. Please purchase e-Facility Card to Print Your Result Slip" pls where can I get the card?
Goto where you did the registration for your Jamb
The card is N1000
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by hardeyincah(m): 3:12pm On Apr 02, 2012
dani1luv:
Goto where you did the registration for your Jamb
The card is N1000
Thank you so much..... I will try my best.....
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by hardeyincah(m): 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2012
hardeyincah:
Thank you so much..... I will try my best.....
they don't have.... Where else can I get it...?
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by dani1luv: 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2012
hardeyincah:
Am not so sure. .
but try their office
or sidmach!
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by TheArbiter: 4:26pm On Apr 02, 2012
A NOTE OF WARNING TO ALL CANDIDATES INTENDING TO CHANGE INSTITUTIONS

I am speaking from experience and a real life situation that played out last year. Change of institution over the internet is a futile excercise in money and energy, which i suppose a few candidates might have discovered.

Firstly, JAMB put its master database in a lock down mode after registration closes and subsequently hosts a copy of it on its website. Only results are updated in the master database while the online one is open to all sorts of various updates as you may wish.

Secondly, the master lists sent out to institutions are generated from the master database and not from the hosted online copy. The master database is intended to be updated via a sync with the online one by the database admins but it seems they are yet to perfect the code for doing it effectively.

Thirdly, some of the changes requested by candidates are in conflict with the requirements of some institution and leads to the outright disqualification of such candidates from post-UTME tests. This happens because the registration mechanism has no code to check and validate such. The occurrence of such observed changes is also responsible for the relunctance of JAMB to implement such updates from the online database.

Fourthly, unless if a drastic overhaul had been implemented and the current dabase and admins were different from last year then its the same kettle of fish. You make changes online that doesnt reflect in the lists sent to the various institutions.

I discovered the above after we attempted to changed my cousins institution. I changed it to an institution where i had a contact in their IT dept. The JAMB master lists on CD's arrived and a check showed my cousin was not on the list. Went to Abuja and had a friend check their database, he confirmed my cousin's first choice was still the initial. I asked why and he gave the first 3 reasons above.

If anybody really wants to do it. They may well bear it in mind to go to their initial first choice schools to check when the post-UTME lists comes out.

PS: Also found out JAMB didnt send 2nd choice lists to institutions last year. It did so the year before but not last year.

2 Likes

Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by jerricho(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2012
hardeyincah:

Slip me your registeration number. I could check it for you.
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by tohirah(f): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2012
How bout the mistake is not in the institution but in the spelling of your name while filling the form. What can be done?
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by a1solution: 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2012
The Arbiter: A NOTE OF WARNING TO ALL CANDIDATES INTENDING TO CHANGE INSTITUTIONS

I am speaking from experience and a real life situation that played out last year. Change of institution over the internet is a futile excercise in money and energy, which i suppose a few candidates might have discovered.

Firstly, JAMB put its master database in a lock down mode after registration closes and subsequently hosts a copy of it on its website. Only results are updated in the master database while the online one is open to all sorts of various updates as you may wish.

Secondly, the master lists sent out to institutions are generated from the master database and not from the hosted online copy. The master database is intended to be updated via a sync with the online one by the database admins but it seems they are yet to perfect the code for doing it effectively.

Thirdly, some of the changes requested by candidates are in conflict with the requirements of some institution and leads to the outright disqualification of such candidates from post-UTME tests. This happens because the registration mechanism has no code to check and validate such. The occurrence of such observed changes is also responsible for the relunctance of JAMB to implement such updates from the online database.

Fourthly, unless if a drastic overhaul had been implemented and the current dabase and admins were different from last year then its the same kettle of fish. You make changes online that doesnt reflect in the lists sent to the various institutions.

I discovered the above after we attempted to changed my cousins institution. I changed it to an institution where i had a contact in their IT dept. The JAMB master lists on CD's arrived and a check showed my cousin was not on the list. Went to Abuja and had a friend check their database, he confirmed my cousin's first choice was still the initial. I asked why and he gave the first 3 reasons above.

If anybody really wants to do it. They may well bear it in mind to go to their initial first choice schools to check when the post-UTME lists comes out.

PS: Also found out JAMB didnt send 2nd choice lists to institutions last year. It did so the year before but not last year.

THANKS FOR THIS SPECIAL INFO.
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by emsquare(m): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2012
slimming: So you have to buy card for everything now. Every agencies are just shouting money money

LOL!
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
The Arbiter: A NOTE OF WARNING TO ALL CANDIDATES INTENDING TO CHANGE INSTITUTIONS

The bold part is not true, I know some people that were given admission in both their 1st and 2nd choices/2nd choice alone. Also the change of course/institution worked, you never said it didn't work for all, though.
If anyone needs to change their course/institution change it on time, and please don't throw away what the quoted poster said.
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by Mpetempe(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2012
I Don't Know how This Is Going To Affect Me.

I Have Wrong State Of Origin And Local Government In My Jamb's Form, I Went To Jamb's Office To Know If I Can Correct It But I Was Told That I Can't.

I Want To Know How This Can Affect My Admission Or Stay In School.
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2012

Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by Mpetempe(m): 8:07am On Apr 03, 2012
Mpetempe: I Don't Know how This Is Going To Affect Me.

I Have Wrong State Of Origin And Local Government In My Jamb's Form, I Went To Jamb's Office To Know If I Can Correct It But I Was Told That I Can't.

I Want To Know How This Can Affect My Admission Or Stay In School.

Somebody Advice Pls.
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by Ghettosnub(m): 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
[/b][quote a[color=#770077][/color]uthor=dani1luv]After the release of the 2012 UTME results, we shall begin helping candidates to change their 1st or 2nd choice courses or institutions. These changes are done by our professional staff, and our changes are official as they done to reflect on Jamb Systems immediately.
[b]
Reasons why you may want to change your Course or Institution

There are obviously three good reasons why a candidate may need to change his/her jamb choice of course or institution or both:
Case 1A.
Due to Low UTME score:

After the release of Jamb results, the next thing to face is post-UTME and admissions. Now take for instance that someone applied for a federal university who will probably fix a cut-off mark of 200 and above; if such candidate scored less than 200, it simply means he/she has lost the admission. In this case the change of institution to a state-owned/private University becomes necessary. State universities generally fix cut-off marks below 200.

Case 1B.
Due to Low UTME score:

Just like case 1A above, this happens when a candidate chose a very competitive course like Law, Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Engineering, etc. Several courses have greater number of applicants than others and such courses invariably attract very high cut-off marks. To avoid being left aside a candidate is advised to go for change of course within the same institution/faculty.

Case 2.
Incomplete O'level results

In this case candidates who may have ran into deficiency of required credit passes in some key/relevant subjects may decide to go for change of course to accommodate themselves.

Case 3.
Mistakes during registration

Was there a mistake while filling your registration by either you or the business/cyber cafe? With this help, you can now correct any errors made during registration of your course or institution.
Case 4.
Other causes

These includes several factors ranging from finance, change in Geographical locations, Parent's suggestions, Fear of Tribal differences, etc. Such cases treated under this heading result to change of institution.

Source - http://www..com/school/admission-support/jamb-utme-change-of-course-or-institutions-or-both/[/quote]
Sup plz there's was mistake i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ma registration biology was resgistred for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ instead of math so on the day of the exam ¶ did the maths instead of bio registerd for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ ma result is out ¶ scored 243 they marked the maths but ¶ wanna change the biology on ma photocard t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ math so It̶̲̥̅̊ wudnt affect M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥.. Plz what can ¶ do.. Ma nbr is. 08056084685 plz somebody advice M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ *crying*
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by Ghettosnub(m): 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2012
Sup plz there's was mistake i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ma registration biology was resgistred for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ instead of math so on the day of the exam ¶ did the maths instead of bio registerd for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ ma result is out ¶ scored 243 they marked the maths but ¶ wanna change the biology on ma photocard t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ math so It̶̲̥̅̊ wudnt affect M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥.. Plz what can ¶ do.. Ma nbr is. 08056084685 plz somebody advice M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ *crying*
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by Ruqaya(f): 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2012

i did the changing of course and institution last year and it worked so well, though the first choice of institution and course were not changed bt d second choice did.
Re: Important Info. For Jambites!! Before Changing Your Institution! by Ruqaya(f): 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2012
Go to jamb office yourself to get a change of course and institution form, just lyk u did to register for your jamb.
BEWARE: SCAMMERS ARE EVERYWHERE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adeyemi College Of Education, Ondo Is On Fire (Photos) / 10 Important Foodstuffs Nigerian Students Must Have. / FG To Give Varsities N1.1tn In Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.