Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Why Are Non British Born Nigerian's Becoming Heavily Involved In UK Gangs - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Non British Born Nigerian's Becoming Heavily Involved In UK Gangs (988 Views)

British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / This Boy Was Involved In An Accident That Killed His Father. Do You Know Him? / Shakirudeen Adewale Alade A.k.a Boneticsart, British Got Talent Contestant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Non British Born Nigerian's Becoming Heavily Involved In UK Gangs by kokorunna(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
Why are non British born Nigerian's becoming heavily involved in UK gangs, I was on holiday recently and all I read and heard on the news was another person killed and who are involved, some Nigerians, some from the Caribbean’s and other black nation.

[b]Na wa it’s getting crazier by the day in that country [/b]where are the parents of this children
Re: Why Are Non British Born Nigerian's Becoming Heavily Involved In UK Gangs by Freesia(f): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2012
Some of these kids are not born in the UK but many have grown up there and have found themselves in bad company.Some dropped out of school and have now exposed themselves to the street-life.It's a sad situation because most of these African kids had parents who worked round the clock to ensure they had a good lifestyle.This is another reason why some parents ship their kids back home for a few years when they get to their teenage years when they see or notice their kids are becoming uncontrollable.
Re: Why Are Non British Born Nigerian's Becoming Heavily Involved In UK Gangs by mogunremi: 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2012
As above poster said, Inner London schools are something to be desired. I dread sending my children to one.
There is no discipline whatsoever. A teacher cannot touch a student yet a student may shout abuse at a teacher. They are brought up in threatening environments, some in poorer neighbourhoods where being in a gang is a kind of protection I guess. Parents cannot do much either. Kids rule the adults here.
I think many poeple come here to the UK imagining a bed of roses compared to their home countries but it can be far from the truth. If you don't have a good education or degree at least it can be very difficult to get any job. Many as well are here on false documents so they have little choice about jobs or showing their real identity.
Drugs of course goes hand in hand, its a way of making money for those who can't get money otherwise.

I agree with the above poster, I wish I could send my children to Nigeria for a few years to learn something else!

(1) (Reply)

Six To Nine-month-olds Understand The Meaning Of Many Spoken Words / His Father Doesn't Allow Him Use His Car / To Live Long,avoid Everything In Skirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.