Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,419 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:08 PM

ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? (1513 Views)

Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers / Mtn In Migeria: A Blessing Or Fraud / Crude Oil: A Blessing To Nigeria or a Curse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by gumama(m): 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2007
i used my atm card yesterday.my account was debited but could not collect the cash.
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by niyyie(m): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2007
Contact your bank's customer service department immediately.

Read https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68272.0.html for other people's experiences.
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by janami(f): 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2007
The thing don tire me. b4 i insert my ATM card, fear dey always catch me . it has happened to someone that i know. neva got his money back because he has no proof he did not actually collect the money
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by earthrealm(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2007
yup it happens all the time, but some banks atm are more notorious 4 deducting funds, the banks name starts with D,

the swipped my cash 4times in 10days, i got it all back though, but the inconvinience of filling the forms n the 3 to 4 days delay b4 the cash is retracted is annoying,

so dude whenever they take ur cash, go n file areport, fill a form n u will get ur cash back.
dont die in ignorance
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by skipo87(m): 4:15am On Dec 03, 2007
this same thing happened to me, i use GTB opened in lag, i sch in ibadan used my atm at one of their ibadan branch, i saw transaction cn't b completed on the machine and the next thing i saw on my phone was a message sayin i had withdrawn cash yet no cash came out shocked, this was my last cash, my only hope,
i started displaying from the ATM machine till their banking hall, i explained my situation to the customer service attendant; she was just saying trash then i decided to removed all my clothes and showed them lagos style, that didn't seem to work hence i had to display a little more, they didn't have a choice than to credit my account. cool wink grin
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by skipo87(m): 4:17am On Dec 03, 2007
from the part of the world i come from, we don't fill forms, we display, grin
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by DisGuy: 4:44am On Dec 03, 2007
very soon Nigerians will have to film themselves 'withdrawing' money from these atms as proof
I wonder why the banks cant accept their machines are faulty
They shouldn't roll out this service since it's not ready!

there should be some rep like the GSM users forum etc
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by janami(f): 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2007
Display grin good work
Dis Guy:

very soon Nigerians will have to film themselves 'withdrawing' money from these atms as proof
I wonder why the banks can't accept their machines are faulty
They shouldn't roll out this service since it's not ready!

there should be some rep like the GSM users forum etc
yes o
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by luluosas(m): 12:09pm On Jan 02, 2008
Same tales of pains everywhere you GO. What's really happening with interswitch network?
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by skipo87(m): 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2008
not only the problems associated with atm usage, the tariff is kinda much. a 100 buck cos i'm withdrawing from another bank is much. my bank is not close to my school neither is it close to my place of abode so anytime i'm withdrawing its a charge of 100 buck. cos of fear of over spending i withdraw about once twice or thrice a week. calculate 100 naira on such all withdrawal leaves me short of some cash. cos of this i started withdrawing once which means i'll have to be more responsible with spending.
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by skipo87(m): 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2008
the first time i withdrew all my pocket money, i spent all of it before the end of third week leaving of with complete nothing for the fourth week. this has taught me the lesson of self control and responsibility. i can imagine how much i've dashed the atm machines.
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by DualCore1: 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2008
ATM makes life easy, but my spending has increased by a great percentage since now i can get recharge for my phone at anytime from the sitting convenience of my room, its as easy as giving ur atm number and ur pin. yea sometimes ur account is debited and u're not paind, GBank ALWAYS credit my account when/if that happens. i shouldn't even be stressing GTBank, cuz all the banks use the same interswitch webservice, hehehehe maybe GTBank paid more money for more bandwidth, lfmao.
Re: ATM: A Blessing Or A Curse? by topeteadr(m): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2008
Rofl. .

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Loan Of N2.5m With 10% Equity Contribution, Who Can Help? / Does Anyone Know Any Alternative To Graphcard? / How Viable Is Export Biz In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.