Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency (6792 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bilms(m): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2012
OKONJO IWEALA WOULD WIN THE WOLD BANK PRESIDENCY

Some people feel that because i was against Dr. Ngozi during the fuel subsidy saga,i would continue to be against her forever,but that is wrong. i am not against her as a person and i don't play the politics of bitterness. I was only against her when i felt she was wrong and anyone could be wrong at some point.

At this point, I not only give her my support to become the world bank president,but i believe she would win because she is the best candidate. Why should i be against the best candidate from my county?

why Okonjo iweala would win

First,Nigeria is unbeatable by any county when we mean business,all it takes for her to win is the support and dedication of the Nigerian government which i think president Goodluck Jonathan is committed to giving.

Secondly, she has a better qualification and experience than her opponents which is very clear to the world.

Thirdly, Most big countries in the world are tired of America's dictation and domination in every sector of the world,they would have no choice than support another candidate outside America's control if they are to gain anything ahead of America especially when the person is the best candidate.

fourthly,Some people believed that there are better candidates in America to be nominated,but the nomination of Kim by Obama should mean conceding to defeat.

In conclusion,i believe that the success of Okonjo Iweala in the world bank race only depends on the support of Nigerians and how we play the game internationally.

I hereby call on all Nigerians,Blacks,whites home and abroad and the entire world to support the best,Dr.Ngozie Okonjo Iweala for the world bank presidency in our quest to ensuring a better world.

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by zee162yahooco: 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
So much has been written, said and analyzed on Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's candidacy for World Bank President and what it means for the international community, but it seems there has been little emphasis on what ordinary Nigerians really feel about this issue. What do you think about NOI's candidacy for the world bank? Do you feel it is high time an African woman took over the reigns of the World Bank? Do you feel Ngozi's skills and expertise are more needed in Nigeria? Pls express yourself and take part in this short survey here: http://svy.mk/GW4nDU
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by 1025: 12:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
Thirdly, Most big countries in the world are tired of America's dictation and domination in every sector of the world,they would have no choice than support another candidate outside America's control if they are to gain anything ahead of America especially when the person is the best candidate.

@o.poster,
so now the world need the fraudulent touch of nigeria to move forward abi? okonjo iweala shouldn't have made the move in the first place. nigeria still has a lot to steal from and it is only in nigeria that criminals are respected and worshipped. why going out when everything is here for here to enjoy. she shld have known that stealing from and in nigeria is the best because even when u are caught, u will turn into a cabal and that will end the story. for me, na wrong move. why is she going to the world when nobody has accounted for all the recovered loots and additional N32 per litre made from fuel subsidy since january.
abeg, make the whole world dey careful of nigerians and their international intentions which could be fraudulent.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bilms(m): 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
lol
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bilms(m): 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2012
smiley
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by kokoA(m): 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2012
@ poster . How is it our business if she wins or not?
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by GboyegaD(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2012
Na wa ooo. Is she the main sponsor of this forum because everything that has her name on it now makes the front page.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by ismhab(m): 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2012
bilms: OKONJO IWEALA WOULD WIN THE WOLD BANK PRESIDENCY

Some people feel that because i was against Dr. Ngozi during the fuel subsidy saga,i would continue to be against her forever,but that is wrong. i am not against her as a person and i don't play the politics of bitterness. I was only against her when i felt she was wrong and anyone could be wrong at some point.

At this point, I not only give her my support to become the world bank president,but i believe she would win because she is the best candidate. Why should i be against the best candidate from my county?

why Okonjo iweala would win

First,Nigeria is unbeatable by any county when we mean business,all it takes for her to win is the support and dedication of the Nigerian government which i think president Goodluck Jonathan is committed to giving.

Secondly, she has a better qualification and experience than her opponents which is very clear to the world.

fourthly,Some people believed that there are better candidates in America to be nominated,but the nomination of Kim by Obama should mean conceding to defeat.

In conclusion,i believe that the success of Okonjo Iweala in the world bank race only depends on the support of Nigerians and how we play the game internationally.

I hereby call on all Nigerians,Blacks,whites home and abroad and the entire world to support the best,Dr.Ngozie Okonjo Iweala for the world bank presidency in our quest to ensuring a better world.
A new prophet, when last did u visit psychiatric hospital.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by mufc009(m): 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2012
kokoA: @ poster . How is it our business if she wins or not?
I wonder o my broda
Or petrol go be #10/l ni?
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by samwise9jalife: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2012
I am far from being her no. 1 fan but I pledge my 110% support to her.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by felix4real: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2012
mufc009:
I wonder o my broda
Or petrol go be #10/l ni?

I sometimes wonder how Nigerians think. Must you gain anything directly from her being World Bank Head? I think i am getting really tired of the "subjective" comments being made on Nairaland about issues that should elicit intellectual response. If you must know, some of your possible gains from her being World Bank head are:

1. Nigeria would attain some level of relevance in the international system
2. If you travel abroad, then you will be regarded with less suspicion because someone from your country (often being branded as corrupt)is heading the world's highest financial institution
3. Nigeria would get more favourable deals in terms of world bank-assisted economic programs
4. If you are an business man who imports, then your letters of credit will be scrutinized with less fervour because your economic status will receive positive assessment
5. Points 1 to 4 above will favour Nigerian businesses and and the economy in general.
6. The list is actually endless........

Note that i am not soliciting for her being president i am merely pointing out possible gains should she become president.

Stop looking at what the immediate direct gains would be and project on the broader gains of her becoming president. Consider less the picture a 5 mega-pixel camera would produce for you and start considering the limitless resolution and size the camera in your eye (your retina) can give you.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2012
The world and Bigots here have no choice but to give it to NOI , The world has said she is the best to occupy that position, lets be proud of ours. biko-nu my Yoruba and Aboki brothers and sisters grin
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by free2ryhme: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2012
GboyegaD: Na wa ooo. Is she the main sponsor of this forum because everything that has her name on it now makes the front page.
Ah, you never hear? The main sponsor of this forum dey friend the babe. lol
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Ekhan1(m): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@o.poster,
so now the world need the fraudulent touch of nigeria to move forward abi? okonjo iweala shouldn't have made the move in the first place. nigeria still has a lot to steal from and it is only in nigeria that criminals are respected and worshipped. why going out when everything is here for here to enjoy. she shld have known that stealing from and in nigeria is the best because even when u are caught, u will turn into a cabal and that will end the story. for me, na wrong move. why is she going to the world when nobody has accounted for all the recovered loots and additional N32 per litre made from fuel subsidy since january.
abeg, make the whole world dey careful of nigerians and their international intentions which could be fraudulent.

may i say that i am dissapointed @ ur thinking and ideology. NOI has held several positions in the world bank before now and thats one of the reasons she's bn nominated for the presidency post. NOI is also one of the reputable few we have in the Nigerian Govt today and as the coordinating minister of the economy, she is bound to do well. My fear is what happens to our economy if she's eventually picked as the next World bank president, she seems to be the only one with a firm grasp of the nigerian economy.
So my guy, there are very few good people in this country and NOI is one so ur thought of her going to steal in the world bank is outrightly outrageous and unacceptable to her person.
NOI had a very lucrative job with the WB and was never begd to come home and serve as the minister of finance, she deemed it fit to come home and render her expertise to her nation.
Please be positive in ur thinking and also be factual when u post comments on a public forum.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Ekhan1(m): 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
felix4real:

I sometimes wonder how Nigerians think. Must you gain anything directly from her being World Bank Head? I think i am getting really tired of the "subjective" comments being made on Nairaland about issues that should elicit intellectual response. If you must know, some of your possible gains from her being World Bank head are:

2. If you travel abroad, then you will be regarded with less suspicion because someone from your country (often being branded as corrupt)is heading the world's highest financial institution
3. Nigeria would get more favourable deals in terms of world bank-assisted economic programs
4. If you are an business man who imports, then your letters of credit will be scrutinized with less fervour because your economic status will receive positive assessment
5. Points 1 to 4 above will favour Nigerian businesses and and the economy in general.

Note that i am not soliciting for her being president i am merely pointing out possible gains should she become president.

Stop looking at what the immediate direct gains would be and project on the broader gains of her becoming president. Consider less the picture a 5 mega-pixel camera would produce for you and start considering the limitless resolution and size the camera in your eye (your retina) can give you.

seriously, im also dissapointed @ the way nigerians think. Imagine someone saying that the WB presidency would be a better avenue for NOI to steal. So so demeaning.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2012
okonjo iweala will never be world bank president without US support. this is aside the fact thaT the US together with japan and EU control 54% of the votes. US controls 16.4% of total votes. changes to the banks charter require 85% super majority, this means the US can block any major change in the banks governing structure!
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by mufc009(m): 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
felix4real:

Mcheeew
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by mufc009(m): 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
felix4real:

Mcheeew
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2012
@ poster, it will be a plus for us
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by abbey621(m): 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2012
The answer is simple, as the main force behind GEJ's plan for transformation in Nigeria, I think it's imperative for her to stay in Nigeria and see the project through. The world does not need someone that has yet to put her house in order, let her use her influence to fix Nigeria, charity truly begins at home, her services would be more useful here than being president of the world bank, unless our leaders are more concerned about borrowing money than actually fixing the menace within the country.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by omaojo1: 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2012
torkaka: okonjo iweala will never be world bank president without US support. this is aside the fact thaT the US together with japan and EU control 54% of the votes. US controls 16.4% of total votes. changes to the banks charter require 85% super majority, this means the US can block any major change in the banks governing structure!
@poster, have read this?
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2012
omaojo1:
@poster, have read this?
i don't get you
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by igbo2011(m): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
Her neoliberal economic style is where she was trained in Harvard and MIT. Her style fits more for the World Bank than Nigeria. Nigeria needs more state capitalism because that seems to be working better.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by AustineE1: 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2012
Ha ha ha...they way tribalism has eaten deep into the fabrics of Yorubas on this Forum keeps me wondering if there is any hope to revive this country again,if we keep co-habiting with retrogressive set of people!if you understand the pattern of this forum,u will found out that both the north&other southern parts of this nation are rendering their total support for this onerous task but the yorubas believes everything on earth,involving Nigeria shld be based on sentiment!Long live the good people of Nigeria!
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by oiseworld: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@o.poster,

i have never seen such a looser as this in my life. You are better of dead than living hopelessly. I won't be surprised if you are one of those akata's praying desperately for a nigerian to head a big international organization so you shout "SEE WE ARE ALL NOT CORRUPT" to the next white man that looks you with disdain.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by oiseworld: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@o.poster,
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by 1025: 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2012
may i say that i am dissapointed @ ur thinking and ideology. NOI has held several positions in the world bank before now and thats one of the reasons she's bn nominated for the presidency post. NOI is also one of the reputable few we have in the Nigerian Govt today and as the coordinating minister of the economy, she is bound to do well. My fear is what happens to our economy if she's eventually picked as the next World bank president, she seems to be the only one with a firm grasp of the nigerian economy.
So my guy, there are very few good people in this country and NOI is one so ur thought of her going to steal in the world bank is outrightly outrageous and unacceptable to her person.
NOI had a very lucrative job with the WB and was never begd to come home and serve as the minister of finance, she deemed it fit to come home and render her expertise to her nation.
Please be positive in ur thinking and also be factual when u post comments on a public forum.

@ekhan1,
your okonjo iweala told nigerians that the issue of fuel subsidy removal was not concluded as they were still negotiating but what did we see on January 1st?
that alone can make a reasonable person to resign. she lied and deceived us then her boss punished us with leprosy fuel price.
i don't know if she will win or not but i am saying that i don't want her to win. she is part of this pdp disgrace that is bringing nigeria down.
tell me, she was the finance minister under obasanjo and trilions were stolen under her nose. was she aware of those loots or not? she left the first time and now come back with jonathan and u will agree with me that stealing has increased with no single person serving any jail term anywhere. is that the type of justice u want the world to take? nigeria in her plenty of oil can't boast of steady power supply, no road, no educational system, no security, no hospital, corruption is a culture and our banks are mere agents of the politicians'looting madness. what has ur NOI to show nigerians for her intelligence and class? what is the difference between NOI and jonathan in this corrupt jungle u call nigeria?
point to one thing that the minister of finance did with all the recovered loots of abacha. in my village, if u are not a criminal but u harbour criminals, we call u a criminal with Bold Letters.
she is aware of all the movements of money under her even when she was moved to the ministry of information under obasanjo. till today, did okonjo iweala tell nigerians while she resigned under obasanjo and now come back under jonathan.
if she wins, the world will be like nigeria in the next 5 years. the whole world will be without light. there won't be security and no good roads, no quality education, no hospitals and corruption will be the order of the day.
no need to waste my time with u because the world know nigeria and nigerians more than i can explain it here.
have u ever asked urself how the president of Benin republic won the president of giant of african for the post of ecowas chairman. who told u that if someone from benin even context, she wouldn't win NOI.
no normal person will vote a nigerian in an election not one that is even serving under the most corrupt party/govt in the history of man.
God please do not let a nigerian win this important position ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by begwong: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2012
i hereby re-nominate boko haram sanusi lamidi sanusi to occupy the worldbank presido seat!
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by begwong: 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@ekhan1,
your okonjo iweala told nigerians that the issue of fuel subsidy removal was not concluded as they were still negotiating but what did we see on January 1st?
that alone can make a reasonable person to resign. she lied and deceived us then her boss punished us with leprosy fuel price.
i don't know if she will win or not but i am saying that i don't want her to win. she is part of this pdp disgrace that is bringing nigeria down.
tell me, she was the finance minister under obasanjo and trilions were stolen under her nose. was she aware of those loots or not? she left the first time and now come back with jonathan and u will agree with me that stealing has increased with no single person serving any jail term anywhere. is that the type of justice u want the world to take? nigeria in her plenty of oil can't boast of steady power supply, no road, no educational system, no security, no hospital, corruption is a culture and our banks are mere agents of the politicians'looting madness. what has ur NOI to show nigerians for her intelligence and class? what is the difference between NOI and jonathan in this corrupt jungle u call nigeria?
point to one thing that the minister of finance did with all the recovered loots of abacha. in my village, if u are not a criminal but u harbour criminals, we call u a criminal with Bold Letters.
she is aware of all the movements of money under her even when she was moved to the ministry of information under obasanjo. till today, did okonjo iweala tell nigerians while she resigned under obasanjo and now come back under jonathan.
if she wins, the world will be like nigeria in the next 5 years. the whole world will be without light. there won't be security and no good roads, no quality education, no hospitals and corruption will be the order of the day.
no need to waste my time with u because the world know nigeria and nigerians more than i can explain it here.
have u ever asked urself how the president of Benin republic won the president of giant of african for the post of ecowas chairman. who told u that if someone from benin even context, she wouldn't win NOI.
no normal person will vote a nigerian in an election not one that is even serving under the most corrupt party/govt in the history of man.
God please do not let a nigerian win this important position ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
U MUST BE D WANTED LUNATIC DAT ESCAPED FRM D NEUROPSYCHIATIC HOSP.IN YABA
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by churay(m): 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2012
okonjo iweala may win the worldbank presideny because so many top president from different country backed her up.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by solomon111(m): 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@ekhan1,
You are a disgrace to whatever educational institution,you attended.
You lack the normal Nigerian intelligence.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Sike(m): 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2012
kokoA: @ poster . How is it our business if she wins or not?
I tire oh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu And Buhari Are Political Liabilities - Okupe / Rasman Maxwell Udoh Laid To Rest / INEC Yet To Apologise To Nigerians For Its Failure’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.