Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! (19649 Views)

A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. / Who Are The Most Educated Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by cap28: 12:28am On Apr 07, 2012
PhysicsQED: Cap28

What sort of education would you design to liberate Nigerians (or if you want to be more general, Africans) from mental laziness, spinelessness and inferiority complexes?

What would that involve specifically? And how would you implement it so as to complement modern 21st century education and career paths?

A tthorough grounding in african history and I don't mean african history taught from a eurocentric perspective. I would also insist on international politics and economics taught at 0secondry schl level I wld also want to see compulsory para military training introduced

Implementation wld simply be a matter of putting together a comitted grp of dedicated educationalist with a similar vision and giving them responsibility of totally overhauling the current educational system which is currently being used to keep million s of nigerians in a position ignorance and subservience

All secondary schooin addition all nigerian sech schl Students will be expecyted to have read and fully understood the works of. All the great radical writers such as marcus garvey franz fanon walter rodey cheik anta diop and many others
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 07, 2012
SEFAGO:
Then you are describing elitism not racism. Also don't forget there are quite a few Indians in these universities. Are they not ethnic minorities? Anyways dont let Cap28 infect you with the victim mentality. Confidence that's all you need fake or real.

It's a combination of both. You can't compare Indians and Pakistanis in the UK to black. They're part and parcel of this society - and they're more regarded than blacks. Asians are allowed to hold sensitive positions, blacks would only dream of out here.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by PhysicsQED(m): 12:38am On Apr 07, 2012
shymmex:

You're entitled to your own opinion - but getting into Oxbridge has a lot to do with race, and class to an extent. From the comment you posted, you saw the guy with a Yoruba name saying he didn't even get an interview despite meeting the requirement. My assumption is that his name ratted him out.

I know a lot people in the UK who have changed their last names to English names because of this, and things similar to this. You're entitled to believe what you want to believe.

Well if you're speaking from experience with people who have had that problem, I obviously can't say you're wrong since I am ignorant of any real world experience over there. But if you read further in the comments, you'll see other comments from other posters giving more support to the idea that the cutoff is pretty hard to beat for Oxbridge. Another poster also claimed that only 50% of law applicants are shortlisted for an interview, so there is probably some other requirement to be met to even qualify for an interview, let alone admission.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Kilode1: 12:42am On Apr 07, 2012
cap28:

A tthorough grounding in african history and I don't mean african history taught from a eurocentric perspective. I would also insist on international politics and economics taught at 0secondry schl level I wld also want to see compulsory para military training introduced

Implementation wld simply be a matter of putting together a comitted grp of dedicated educationalist with a similar vision and giving them responsibility of totally overhauling the current educational system which is currently being used to keep million s of nigerians in a position ignorance and subservience

All secondary schooin addition all nigerian sech schl Students will be expecyted to have read and fully understood the works of. All the great radical writers such as marcus garvey franz fanon walter rodey cheik anta diop and many others

You'll need to raise that Army bro, and soon too.

You and my other Afro-centric brothers won't achieve these things we like to drum into our people's ears without an army.

We won't.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2012
cap28:

All secondary schooin addition all nigerian sech schl Students will be expecyted to have read and fully understood the works of. All the great radical writers such as marcus garvey franz fanon walter rodey [size=14pt]cheik anta diop[/size] and many others

Cheik Anta Diop, is arguably the greatest African that walked this planet. Steve Bantu Biko is a close second.

Carry on, brother.... Most won't understand your point of view - it takes African consciousness to understand where you're coming from.

"What Black Consciousness seeks to do is to produce at the output end of the process real Black people who do not regard themselves as appendages to white society." - Steve Biko

"Black Consciousness is in essence the realization by the black man of the need to rally together with his brothers around the cause of their operation - the blackness of their skin - and to operate as a group in order to rid themselves of the shackles that bind them to perpetual servitude." - Steve Biko

"One is fully conscious when he or she is the results of having been informed and instructed by the experience of his or her ancestors and use that knowledge to master, understand and become able to create institutions that allow him or her to live in harmony with the rest of nature and the universe."
Professor James Small

I'm from the same background as you, but I just had to tone it down because everyone thought I was crazy. Africans are not ready for the truth - it's better you accept people for who they're and what their level of consciousness is. I've learned to just accept people for who they're, and speak the 'language' everyone understands - while still maintaining my level of black consciousness.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by cap28: 12:47am On Apr 07, 2012
Oxford and cambridge were founded and funded by members of the british ruling class for the sole purpose of educating sons and daughtrs of british aristocrats. Many of these founders were slave owners and beleived that africans were sub human many english people still harbour the same beleifs the few blacks who attend these colleges know that they do not fit in and feel completely out of place. Why does the african continue to seek acceptance frm people who continue to look down on him?

This is why no one respects us
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 07, 2012
PhysicsQED:
Well if you're speaking from experience with people who have had that problem, I obviously can't say you're wrong since I am ignorant of any real world experience over there. But if you read further in the comments, you'll see other comments from other posters giving more support to the idea that the cutoff is pretty hard to beat for Oxbridge. Another poster also claimed that only 50% of law applicants are shortlisted for an interview, so there is probably some other requirement to be met to even qualify for an interview, let alone admission.

I'm speaking from experience. Their admission process is not straight forward, it involves a lot of politrickz. If they're being sincere, why can't they use the normal process Unis like Warwick, Bristol, Imperial College, LSC, UCL etc. use? Harvard is arguably the best university in the world, and their admission process is pretty straight forward - but the same can't be said about Oxbridge.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by PhysicsQED(m): 12:56am On Apr 07, 2012
cap28:

Ok. It would be interesting to see how that would play out if implemented on a nationwide level for a small to medium size country. Maybe like the Kwame Nkrumah Ideological Institute except geared toward black history rather than Marxism and operating nationwide instead of just one place. With the exception of the paramilitary part - which could be a recipe for training future coupists or terrorists - there isn't anything here I could object to.

Just for the record, I don't think Diop was really much of a "radical". He went to France to study physics under a famous white French physicist, married a white French woman, etc. He was mainly out to correct some erroneous definitions, distortions, and Eurocentric perceptions about Egypt, but the man himself does not seem to have personally been much of a political/social "radical".
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by SEFAGO(m): 12:59am On Apr 07, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Ok. It would be interesting to see how that would play out if implemented on a nationwide level for a small to medium size country. With the exception of the paramilitary part - which could be a recipe for training future coupists or terrorists - there isn't anything here I could object to.

Just for the record, I don't think Diop was really much of a "radical". He went to France to study physics under a famous white French physicist, married a white French woman, etc. He was mainly out to correct some erroneous definitions, distortions, and Eurocentric perceptions about Egypt, but the man himself does not seem to have personally been much of a political/social "radical".

Another do as I say not as I do person lol. Dem plenty for africa
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 07, 2012
@PhysicsQED

I know you're well read based on your comments. I think you and katsumoto are God's gift to NL - and Negro_ntns to an extent. I'll like to know if you consider yourself to be Afrocentric, Eurocentric, or something in between?

You remind me of another Benin son, Naiwu Osahon.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Katsumoto: 1:05am On Apr 07, 2012
Shymmex

You are partly correct in that most of the UK spaces at Oxbridge go to white students but that is mainly in certain disciplines such as law, literature, and history. Most science positions go to foreign students and home students who 'conform'. To conform, you must have attended a private or grammar school, played rugby, cricket, etc. If you are some brainy black kid from Islington or chalk farm, then you are unlikely to get an interview. It is difficult to get an interview if all you are relying on are your grades. If grades only, then they must be so good that you are mentioned in the dailies. As a home student, you must bring other abilities to the table because there are too many applicants. That doesn't hold for foreign students.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by PhysicsQED(m): 1:07am On Apr 07, 2012
SEFAGO:

Another do as I say not as I do person lol. Dem plenty for africa

Well, I don't think that Diop was anything like what he is often made out to be today by those who want to take his work and push it to its most extreme limits and place him alongside people like Ivan Van Sertima or Chancellor Williams. I think he was quite different actually.

He was basically a scholar with very wide ranging interests and he had hit upon a major distortion of history happening right before his eyes and he used his intellect to tackle it as best he could with the information available to him at the time. Later scholars, both black and white pursued the issue of the "race" and culture of the ancient Egyptians objectively and scientifically, and while not yet providing an unassailable proof of his basic thesis, gained enough ground and rubbished enough of the extant Eurocentric myths that Diop had attacked in his own time to make his work very justified in hindsight for those who were skeptical and to make his errors or mistakes less significant.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 07, 2012
Katsumoto: Shymmex

You are partly correct in that most of the UK spaces at Oxbridge go to white students but that is mainly in certain disciplines such as law, literature, and history. Most science positions go to foreign students and home students who 'conform'. To conform, you must have attended a private or grammar school, played rugby, cricket, etc. If you are some brainy black kid from Islington or chalk farm, then you are unlikely to get an interview. It is difficult to get an interview if all you are relying on are your grades. If grades only, then they must be so good that you are mentioned in the dailies. As a home student, you must bring other abilities to the table because there are too many applicants. That doesn't hold for foreign students.

Exactly!! That was what I was trying to tell SEFAGO and PhysicsQED.

Thanks for the comment.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 07, 2012
Another Benin son:

Patrick Obahiagbon's Easter Message To Nigerians:

Eastertide's conviviality is not to be squandered on apolaustic ecstasy. To imitate Jesus' coruscation of love is a more splendiferous idea.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Benin sons are God's gift to Nigeria!! cool
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by cap28: 1:11am On Apr 07, 2012
shymmex:

Cheik Anta Diop, is arguably the greatest African that walked this planet. Steve Bantu Biko is a close second.

Carry on, brother.... Most won't understand your point of view - it takes African consciousness to understand where you're coming from.

"What Black Consciousness seeks to do is to produce at the output end of the process real Black people who do not regard themselves as appendages to white society." - Steve Biko

"Black Consciousness is in essence the realization by the black man of the need to rally together with his brothers around the cause of their operation - the blackness of their skin - and to operate as a group in order to rid themselves of the shackles that bind them to perpetual servitude." - Steve Biko

"One is fully conscious when he or she is the results of having been informed and instructed by the experience of his or her ancestors and use that knowledge to master, understand and become able to create institutions that allow him or her to live in harmony with the rest of nature and the universe."
Professor James Small

I'm from the same background as you, but I just had to tone it down because everyone thought I was crazy. Africans are not ready for the truth - it's better you accept people for who they're and what their level of consciousness is. I've learned to just accept people for who they're, and speak the 'language' everyone understands - while still maintaining my level of black consciousness.

But isn't it sad bro that at this late stage africans still haven't woken up to the reality that. Are living under a global system of white european domination ?. . How come it has still not occurred to them that as long as this system remains in place we africans will remain mentally and economically enslaved within this system
Have u heard of a british man by the name of cecil rhodes? He once stated that his objective was to clonise the entire african continent frm cairo to cape town . This man was held in such highregard by his people that an african couuntry -rhodesia [zimbabwe] was named aftr him oxfor university also awawards scholarships frm a special fund named aftr him -but this man was the architect of the clonisation of the africn continent. Do u see the kind of icons that colleges like oxford univbersituy hold in high regard?
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by PhysicsQED(m): 1:19am On Apr 07, 2012
shymmex: @PhysicsQED]I'll like to know if you consider yourself to be Afrocentric, Eurocentric, or something in between?

I'm honestly just interested in knowing what's true whether it's popular or not. And I couldn't be Eurocentric. Euronuts think civilization started in Greece! I honestly hope more evidence can be found supporting the thesis that the roots of Greek civilization were mostly Afroasiatic.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 07, 2012
cap28:

But isn't it sad bro that at this late stage africans still haven't woken ip to the reality that. Are living under a global system of white european domination ?I totally get where ur coming frm. Bro because. How come it has still not occurred to them that as long as this system remains in place we africans will remain mentally and economically enslaved within this system
Have u heard of a british man by the name of cecil rhodes? He once stated that his objective was to clonise the entire african continent frm cairo to cape town . This man was held in such highregard by his people that an african couuntry -rhodesia [zimbabwe] was named aftr him oxfor university also awawards scholarships frm a special fund named aftr him -but this man was the architect of the clonisation of the africn continent. Do u see the kind of icons that colleges like oxford univbersituy hold in high regard?

I feel your pains, brother - and I understand where you're coming. But change the mentality of Africans is an uphill task and it can't be achieved in this life time. Dwelling on it will just make you frustrated, and depressed - because the people you're trying to help don't care about what you're saying. They have been indoctrinated from primary school through the books - to the type of religion they practice, and every thing they watch on TV. Black people are raised to feel inferior and most are comfortable with it.

Brother, you just need to focus on yourself and your family - and raise your kids the right way. These people will NEVER listen to you - they will call you all kinds of names and make your life miserable. I have learned to keep my consciousness to myself - and make sure I raise my kids the right way.

The irony of the whole thing is that most of these folks live in America, and they all enjoy what Afrocentric African Americans fought for with their lives, blood, sweat and tears. Life is a chess game, brother - just play the game as well.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 07, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I'm honestly just interested in knowing what's true whether it's popular or not. And I couldn't be Eurocentric. Euronuts think civilization started in Greece! I honestly hope more evidence can be found supporting the thesis that the roots of Greek civilization were mostly Afroasiatic.

Martin Bernal's "Black Athena" already proved that Egypt is the cradle of modern civilization; and Herodotus said it as well. The Euronuts can continue to live in denial but that won't change anything.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by cap28: 1:59am On Apr 07, 2012
shymmex:

I feel your pains, brother - and I understand where you're coming. But change the mentality of Africans is an uphill task and it can't be achieved in this life time. Dwelling on it will just make you frustrated, and depressed - because the people you're trying to help don't care about what you're saying. They have been indoctrinated from primary school through the books - to the type of religion they practice, and every thing they watch on TV. Black people are raised to feel inferior and most are comfortable with it.

Brother, you just need to focus on yourself and your family - and raise your kids the right way. These people will NEVER listen to you - they will call you all kinds of names and make your life miserable. I have learned to keep my consciousness to myself - and make sure I raise my kids the right way.

The irony of the whole thing is that most of these folks live in America, and they all enjoy what Afrocentric African Americans fought for with their lives, blood, sweat and tears. Life is a chess game, brother - just play the game as well.

You are very right but guess what? we are the ones being played because the entire system of white global domination has been set up to guarantee our failure as a people.our children and grandchildren are going to inherit an even harder life than ours if this sysyem is allowed to continue

What r ur thoughts on the economic subjugation of nigeria under the direction of harvard trained ecnomist okonjo iweala?
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 07, 2012
cap28:

You are very right but guess what? we are the ones being played because the entire system of white global domination has been set up to guarantee our failure as a people.our children and grandchildren are going to inherit an even harder life than ours if this sysyem is allowed to continue

What r ur thoughts on the economic subjugation of nigeria under the direction of harvard trained ecnomist okonjo iweala?

If you check my post - you would know I don't like anything about the woman - even to her looks and demeanour. She's an economic hit woman, and she's there to mortgage the future of Nigerians away to the West.

1 Like

Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by cap28: 2:19am On Apr 07, 2012
shymmex:

If you check my post - you would know I don't like anything about the woman - even to her looks and demeanour. She's an economic hit woman, and she's there to mortgage the future of Nigerians away to the West.
Thank u my brother but cn u see why a eurocentric education does more harm than good to africans. Instead of this traitor to use her education to elevate her people she uses it to perpetrate genocidal economic policies designed to impoverish her fellow nigerians and because the average nigerian is in total awe of harvard university she can do no wrong in their eyes, but did u knw tht harvard university is linked to the blood diamond industry in sierra leone? One of harvard universties biggest endowment donors is an israeli billionaire by the name of maurice tempelsman who is linked to the war tht happened in sierra leone and the ongoing one in drc

1 Like

Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by igbo2011(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2012
@Shymemex and @cap28
Hotep my fellow Pan African brothers. I se you guys know your history. Frantz Fanon, Diop, Ivan Sertima, Drusilla Houston, JA Rogers, Basil Davidson, Martin Bernal, all Africans need to read their books to rid ourselves from the inferioirty complex that the race has. We must also control the TV and not let any negative images of blacks onTV. We must also control the image of God and not let a white jesus in any church around Africa. We must ban the white image of Jesus and change it to a black Jesus or we should rid the religion in total and go back to spirituality (withou the ritual stuff).

The physical slavery is over now it is the mental slavery. Most of the black race is enslaved in the mind. We goto Harvard, Columbia, Cambridge, Oxford and we can't even solve Africa's problems. It doesn't matter what we do in America or Europe, as long as Africa is he way it is then it is still bad. We need to WAKE UP!!! We need to rpresent Africa well. Buy Nigerian products clothes and when we are abroad weneed to be proud of where we came from. I started this site for a reason. www.nigerianedp.com so more people can use their money to build Nigeria. Like us on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Economic-Development-Plan/278164788911610

Ngozi Okonjo is a harvard educated but that means NOTHING unless she builds Nigeria. Her style of economics fits the world Bank and serves the west NOT Africa. THe harvards and Cambridges serve European style and teach about EUROPE!! Read the book miseducation of a negro by Carter G WOodson it is a MASTER PIECE. Negros are miseducated worldwide not just America.

@Shymmex I know many people put you down for trying to be proud of where you are but you should still keep trying to convince Africans to unite. We need to before it is too late and we are exterminated. THis century is te most important in our history. THe EUropeans may exterminate us when they need to rebuild their ciites after LA, CIcago, NY Londn and Paris get nuked by RUssi or China. Beijing and Shanghai can get nuked as well and the Chinese might come for our land. Look what they did to TIbet, they can do it to us as well. We need to WAKE UP! in the next 15 years or it will be our end.

@Cap28 You know alot about international politics, you neeed to tell more people not just on the internet. It is very important that people have nowledge of what is going on it Africa. Man people think that Obama is good for Africa even though he supports a puppet Joseph Kabila, he destroyed Libya and he helped to oust Gbagbo and put a pupet called Outtara Africas think because he is African then he is with them.

This was posted on a facebook page that I like: When Kofi Anan became the UN sec Gen,Africa was full of hope.When El baradie heads the IAEA,Africa was full of hope.When Obama won Africa was full of Hope.A Gambian to head the ICC,Afica started Hoping.When Okonjo became the world Bank MD,Africa hoped nd hoped.The new hope is the hope thet when she becomes the world Bank President Africa will be hopefull.My humble advice to all Africans is to end illusive dreams and take a cue from India,China,Brazil,Singapore,Malaysia,South Korea by only hoping on themselves and work hard to develop their countries..Africans must stop hope in western pupet!! drove out the west in Africa then start using your brain to develop yourself is not too late now #wake up Africa.

We must WAKE UP!!!

1 Like

Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by igbo2011(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2012
PhysicsQED:

THere are books about this called Black Athena, Stolen Legacy, Africa: Mother of Western Civilization and African origins of civilization. Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7-Y4_3QMs
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 07, 2012
@igbo2011

Hotep, brother.

Keep spreading the message.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by solomon111(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2012
Nebeuwa:

If I had a dime for every time a person said something like this. Africans need to take responsibility for their own mess and stop blaming others.

You say that the average Nigerian is content to remain an inferior? Where did you get this information? From what I have seen from Nigerians in the United States, many are willing to compete with the "white man" in his own country. I haven't seen many Nigerians acting subservient to others. When I go to my professional school each day, I compete with people of all races and I see everyone as equal. I do not feel inferior to anyone.

Where do you live again? If I do not hear an African country, then I think you are being very hypocritical. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. This is like many of my Afrocentric brothers and sisters who always complain about the white man, but would never live in Africa. I think they illustrate the hypocrisy that I just read in your post.

Sorry, but I will make my mark on the United States. This is my home and I have every right to be here. All human actions are motivated by self-interest. And I believe my own self-interest will be furthered by living in the United States than any other country. God bless America.
SMH.
Ok oo.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by dridowu: 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2012
Ds will surely increase by 2013 because i dy enta USA by january 2013
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 07, 2012
The problem we have is that being educated is considered the ultimate.
Educated here being a degree, masters or doctorate degree holder.

Even though i have a post grad degree and work in a multinational, i'd rather have a diploma and own a successful business.
Entrepreneurship is what leads to economic growth and not the acquisition of papers.

With all our educated people we haven't been able to drive our nation forward.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Afam4eva(m): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2012
BlueDiva: The problem we have is that being educated is considered the ultimate.
Educated here being a degree, masters or doctorate degree holder.

Even though i have a post grad degree and work in a multinational, i'd rather have a diploma and own a successful business.
Entrepreneurship is what leads to economic growth and not the acquisition of papers.

With all our educated people we haven't been able to drive our nation forward.

That's the way to go. I don't know why some Nigerians think they're impressing anyone by claiming they have BSC, MSC, PHD and HIV.

2 Likes

Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Musiwa13: 1:44pm On Apr 07, 2012
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2012
r u kidding me? an average Nigerian can not operate an iPhone, an average Nigerian graduate can not reason beyond his/her certificate, even the most degree(s) holder Nigerian still believe the earth is flat, what kind of education r u talkin about? life/existence is too extensive for Nigerians to claim they are educated. educated at what? i ask again?
the president of this nation cant even address the nation without looking at script written by dozens of presidential aids, yet he calls himself an ex-lecturer? what kind of education i ask again? oh please stop the jokes. how many Nigerian degree holders can tell exactly how many planets/exoplanets there are in our solar system? pls spare me that report...

1 Like

Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2012
Dr. Joe:
r u kidding me? an average Nigerian can not operate an iPhone, an average Nigerian graduate can not reason beyond his/her certificate, even the most degree(s) holder Nigerian still believe the earth is flat, what kind of education r u talkin about? life/existence is too extensive for Nigerians to claim they are educated. educated at what? i ask again?
the president of this nation cant even address the nation without looking at script written by dozens of presidential aids, yet he calls himself an ex-lecturer? what kind of education i ask again? oh please stop the jokes. how many Nigerian degree holders can tell exactly how many planets/exoplanets there are in our solar system? pls spare me that report...

well said joe, i reason with you. am not boasting but i bet you 'what our president reads from script, i can address the nation fluently without looking at any script.
Re: Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2012
The survey to some extent is right. But I will like to see similar data for Indians and Chinese before passing my comment. In most universities in US at graduate level, the Chinese are almost half the class number, the Indians roughly a quarter, and you probably see one or more black students mostly from any of these countries: Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana. How can Nigeria then dominate in acquiring degrees?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IMSU Mourns Students Who Were Killed On Kaduna-Jos Road By Gunmen. Photos / Nigerian Medical Student Acknowledged For Outstanding Performance In USA / Which Of These Statements Is Correct???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.